F1 2019 Early release when game isn’t close to finished!??

8 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Another important point is that it's hard to fully test a game with only a few hundred beta testers before release.

What baffles me is that some people who took part in the beta program have been saying on here that they wrote detailed feedback on issues in the beta forum, and yet CM did not fix these issues, even though they were aware of them and knew exactly what was wrong from the feedback.

guess not enough time before release? but then why even run a beta program if you aren't going to fix major issues that the beta testers bring up before release? quite bizarre.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

why even run a beta program if you aren't going to fix major issues that the beta testers bring up before release? quite bizarre.

To be fair devs obviously have a long term plan and the beta was just a small part of it, preparing them for the first major patch no doubt, which is common these days. So I'd say hang on until that first major patch. Fixing everything would have delayed the release and would have led to many more complaints. Changes were definitely made before release, I expect many more soon.

• Agree 2

On 6/29/2019 at 2:19 AM, jrod22145 said:

Let me start with, I actually don’t think the game is that bad.  It seems like they’ve finally managed to squash a few legacy bugs that have been plaguing the series for a couple years.  The safety car seem to work pretty well this year, maybe even a little too well if you ask certain people.  Also using the fast forward function doesn’t seem to produce improbable ai lap times at best and down right impossible lap times at worst to name a few off the top of my head.  But let’s look at this from a business stand point, instead of giving away free copies of the game for a select few people to beta test.  They can now make $60-$70 per game copy for everyone who purchased the game to beta test the game for them! 

For me it wouldn’t matter if the game comes out the end of June or the end of August I’m still going to buy it, unless they were to release something absolutely atrocious like F1 2015 but for the last couple years I’ve been a day 1 kinda guy so if I was playing back then I would probably have bought it too, not been happy about it but would hope next years game would be better (which it was from what I’ve heard).  At least this way, releasing the end of June, it gives us something to do during the summer break between Hungry and Spa!

I wax starting to think the game didnt have the sc car as done 8 races now a few dnfs and all I get is a yellow flag for a sec but apart from that im enjoying the game as a whole although not inpressed with the senna prost part . Its way to easy and isnt really a challenge there . The only problems ive come accross so far is no sc . When doing formation lap after pulling up on grid slot and game saves the black rubber lines what I put down dissappear . And in france gp threw practice was cruising back to pits the sequence of corners leading upto the long straight the car just came to a dead stop like the was a invisable wall in front of is noticed the steering wheel go crazy as it happend . But apart from that im having an blast . Also id just say id rarther have the game asvit is now than waite till near end of season were the game would still have same problems as it doesnt matter when the release it it will still come with few issues and at least this wzy the game will be finished before season is over . So im happy with my early game access . Playing on xbox s 

• Agree 1

On 6/27/2019 at 10:43 PM, EtheHunter said:

I’m confused. You release F1 2019 two months early yet it’s not anywhere near playable or finished. How and why can this happen? 500 threads of complaints on here covering every aspect of the game from graphics to playability to just parts that don’t work yet. Can u imagine buying a new Audi and being told “here’s your new car” but it’s only got three wheels, the fourth will be on a update in 3 weeks but take your car anyway. Also the steering doesn’t work and the brakes need working on before u can use them properly but here’s your car. Enjoy. Like ***! There is no product market anywhere that sells part finished products with the attitude of “give me the money but it doesn’t work”. Might as well go back to F1 2017 for a couple of month till u do your job right and 2019 gets somewhere close to being a working product. If I could get a refund I would. 😡😡😡

Unplayable? Did you actually play this game or do you make your conclusions from reading the forum? This forum has never been a good place to decide if the game is good or bad.

When people don't get exactly what they want they declare the game unplayable. I would love to see a virtual mirror, there is none but it does not make the game unplayable but if you would believe some on this forum it does. They added a HUD that I totally despise because it's unreadable but it does not make me say it makes the game unplayable. 

The game feels very polished and is nowhere near unplayable. it's actually good fun.

Codemasters actually proved again that those that try to manipulate people not pre-ordering a game, they have totally no knowledge about It's development, wrong again. Pre-ordering this game was a good decision

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

Unplayable? Did you actually play this game or do you make your conclusions from reading the forum? This forum has never been a good place to decide if the game is good or bad.

When people don't get exactly what they want they declare the game unplayable. I would love to see a virtual mirror, there is none but it does not make the game unplayable but if you would believe some on this forum it does. They added a HUD that I totally despise because it's unreadable but it does not make me say it makes the game unplayable. 

The game feels very polished and is nowhere near unplayable. it's actually good fun.

Codemasters actually proved again that those that try to manipulate people not pre-ordering a game, they have totally no knowledge about It's development, wrong again. Pre-ordering this game was a good decision

The game is good but preordering is never a good idea. We need to break this bad business practice. There is no benefit to consumers and 100% benefit to the company. 

The more we preorder the more likely we get unfinished or subpar games.

stop doing it. Now.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Metzgerov said:

The game is good but preordering is never a good idea. We need to break this bad business practice. There is no benefit to consumers and 100% benefit to the company. 

stop doing it. Now.

People are quite capable of making up their own minds as to whether to preorder or not. I do pre order sometimes but it depends on the game an the benefits I get from doing so because I do find some of the items that come with the preorders interesting and worth having. So people shouldn't stop just think more about what they want out of it perhaps.

I don’t think the younger crowd realizes the downfalls of preordering so your wrong on that account. If people keep speaking up then the message will get to more of them eventually. 

2 hours ago, Metzgerov said:

stop doing it. Now.

No I will not. I pre-order when I want to. Stop telling me what to do.