F1 2019 Early release when game isn’t close to finished!??

I’m confused. You release F1 2019 two months early yet it’s not anywhere near playable or finished. How and why can this happen? 500 threads of complaints on here covering every aspect of the game from graphics to playability to just parts that don’t work yet. Can u imagine buying a new Audi and being told “here’s your new car” but it’s only got three wheels, the fourth will be on a update in 3 weeks but take your car anyway. Also the steering doesn’t work and the brakes need working on before u can use them properly but here’s your car. Enjoy. Like ***! There is no product market anywhere that sells part finished products with the attitude of “give me the money but it doesn’t work”. Might as well go back to F1 2017 for a couple of month till u do your job right and 2019 gets somewhere close to being a working product. If I could get a refund I would. 😡😡😡

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

That is why after a few years of preordering decided not to do it anymore.

And as things are, I have no intention of buying it. Ordinary update since 2018 with more glitch.

And yes no VR no buy.

Edited by IvanoZ023
  • Like 1

Im sticking with 2018 atleast for now will need 4 months of patches before i go near it

• Like 1

I do agree, not a finished game yet, sound is terrible, ai drivers drice like they are in bumpercars at 100% difficulty, ers recharge is very very slow no point in doing a cooldown lap cause ers is not rechargable in 1 lap. Tires are getting hot way to fast, and so on. A shame they launched a game like this. Again a downer to an f1 fan...

When I said a month or so ago that this game would be a buggy mess just like all the previous ones I got nothing but dislikes from people. I guess I wasn't far off after all but, hey, those who pre-ordered have to defend their decision now.

• Agree 2

Hate say it but, I told you so! Like the comments above, I’ve been active on these forums advising people not to pre-order this game for a few months now. F1 2018 was appallingly buggy (and still hasn’t been fixed), likewise with F1 2017, 2016, 2015... All the signs were there before release about how bad F1 2019 was going to be, but no one listens. Everyone is too much of a Codemasters fanboy to realise they are a joke of company who are incapable are releasing a functional game.

I’ve preordered every F1 title since Codemasters started making them, but F1 2019 is the first one I will not buy, period. Codemasters are a business, they don’t care what people think of their games as long as they are making money, and by Pre-Ordering the game all you are doing is guaranteeing them money regardless of what state the game is in. 

People are obviously not happy with Codemasters and want change. Well, speak with your wallets. Don’t support them. That’s the only way they will learn. The best solution is them losing the F1 license to a more competent company. 

• Agree 2

I don’t know what you guys playing, but for me F1 2019 is a lot of fun. It has some bugs, but non of them are game braking. They have implemented some new features and it is another step forward after 2018. 

From my point of view it is far away from saying it is unfinished. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

I don’t know what you guys playing, but for me F1 2019 is a lot of fun. It has some bugs, but non of them are game braking. They have implemented some new features and it is another step forward after 2018. 

I would sign this, I have no major issues, game works pretty well ?! 

But just for fun, checkout Fifa Forums or other franchise games which are released yearly, it is always the same 😄 the new game is the worst ever bla bla bla....

• Agree 3

22 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

Agreed 🙂 I've had no technical issues with the game thus far, everything has worked, it's been really smooth and I'm having a lot of fun. Maybe I just get lucky 🙂

• Agree 3

25 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

I would sign this, I have no major issues, game works pretty well ?! 

But just for fun, checkout Fifa Forums or other franchise games which are released yearly, it is always the same 😄 the new game is the worst ever bla bla bla....

Yeah it's always the case. The majority of the gamers who are aren't on these forums are very pleased with the game. The ones on the forums are always the biggest criticasters and are whining about the smallest things. If you go on some kind of Mortal Kombat forum you will see that Mortal Kombat is the worst fighting game ever with the shittiest game developers 😂.

I expect my copy today, and i expect just as 2018 a real fun racing game!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I expect my copy today, and i expect just as 2018 a real fun racing game!

you will mate, enjoy 🙂

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I encounter several bugs not only the crashes, I remember CM say they work on the game for two years but still there are more bugs than 2018 that was very table. For exambple, the menus are super laggy in 2019 but in 2018 are buttery 60 fps smooth. There are some performance issues with the replays and cutscenes.  Another issue is that the lights are on during the day.

Maybe some of them are not Codemasters fault. I don't have any framedrops or menue lags. And really? Lightning during the day is a game braking bug which makes the game the worst ever?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Maybe some of them are not Codemasters fault. I don't have any framedrops or menue lags. And really? Lightning during the day is a game braking bug which makes the game the worst ever?

some people just look for something to publish something...menu lags???? for real? I don`t know which platform those people are using, but on the ps4 it works smooth as butter - on one thing I agree, rewind function we have framedrops, but as soon as it goes on, it works stable.

but ok, menu frame drops is a serious issue 🤣

• Agree 4

11 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

some people just look for something to publish something...menu lags???? for real? I don`t know which platform those people are using, but on the ps4 it works smooth as butter - on one thing I agree, rewind function we have framedrops, but as soon as it goes on, it works stable.

but ok, menu frame drops is a serious issue 🤣

Nobody says it's serious but when you compare the performance to 2018 when everything was smooth it's noticeable.

There a lot of things not right about this game and to spend so much you don't expect to find as many problems so early while playing.

After this year ill wait a few months before buying

Yeah I'm regretting my purchase.. it started out so nice with the F2 storyline, that really got me motivated. 

Then Australia hits....

Back to F1 2016 again this year with the AI going ridiculously fast in the race compared to quali (I have to push every lap as the AI doesn't seem to need to manage ERS, fuel or tyres). Also the AI is quit literally r*****rded they just can't race normally. 

And I had the classic "rains all race but it never gets wet" where you're in some infinite gray area between inters and dry tyres where the AI again seems to have no problem. 

decided not to preorder or even buy the game on launch this year after the Dirt Rally 2 fiasco. game looks good but glad i waited, there were some pretty big bugs in F1 2018 on launch. 

the tire wear scaling issue in qualy in this year's game is a big issue. i only play career mode in the F1 games and that's pretty game-breaking for that mode. so, glad i waited as i wouldn't be able to play that mode anyway.

interesting to hear that the AI are so much faster in the race compared to qualy, in F1 2018 it was the other way around. i would seriously struggle in qualifying, but could easily finish 2-3 places or sometimes even higher than i qualified. 

• Agree 1

10 races into career and no bugs so far. So keep overreacting.

i swear people create phantom bugs where there isn’t any as you can read above from people.

game is fun and is a great career experience. Much better than 2018 so far!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Despite the game not being 'finished' I think the vast majority of gamers would prefer to be playing the current seasons game before the real 2019 season is half way through. If you're gonna release a game every year it makes sense to cash in on interest in the real life series. After all what would be the sales for a perfect game released after the last race of the real season? F1 addicts and fans wouldn't care that much but the market doesn't bode well for anything even slightly past its sell by date these days. 

Another important point is that it's hard to fully test a game with only a few hundred beta testers before release. I think a better solution would be to release the game as early access during the F1 season and state that it is still being improved but gamers are being given the chance to race alongside the resl life series. Then say go gold with the games full release after the summer break in the real season. This would lead to the finished game being much more solid and wouldn't upset people who paid full price for an unfinished game early on. Admit it, you want to play the game as soon as possible and would prefer a non perfect version to waiting months for the game. You can still have a lot of fun within the game if you just accept this is the way annual release games have to work. 

They COULD have released a finished game before the start of the season but then people would complain about inaccurate liveries, unrealistic car performance, drivers in wrong teams, tracks differing from real life etc etc. 

Also noone is forcing you to buy the game now! Being a cheapskate for the last 20 years I have never paid full price for a game. I alway wait until it is 75% off and fully patched. The game is the same but finished and a bargain. I don't need to boast on my twitch stream or YouTube hey everyone look at me I'm playing the game before you nah nah na na nah. 

One thing I WILL say though is that the MP looks way more interesting this year with the assists being sorted out fairly and its really tempting to pay full price and go online for the first time ever for me. So... Very... Tempting! 

:classic_ninja:

• Disagree 1

11 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

Yeah I don't know what they're playing either but on my system it seem to be running much smoother than the last 2 games that CM have done. Admittedly I've not touched career yet only done a couple of practice races and started an |F2 championship but so far I've really enjoyed it. I had some problems trying to boot it up initially but once I fixed them and got the game up and running it's ran nice and smooth. Not had any issues whatsoever yet. Or at least none that are gamebreaking

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

Like a lot of others I totally agree. A few issues I’ve noticed with graphics (no spray from champagne on GP2 podium for example) but I havnt found any game breaking bugs yet, nor have I in the previous few games where people have been raging about how bad broken it is. I have never really encountered any of the issues that people complained about. Guess I’m a lucky one!

• Agree 1

Let me start with, I actually don’t think the game is that bad.  It seems like they’ve finally managed to squash a few legacy bugs that have been plaguing the series for a couple years.  The safety car seem to work pretty well this year, maybe even a little too well if you ask certain people.  Also using the fast forward function doesn’t seem to produce improbable ai lap times at best and down right impossible lap times at worst to name a few off the top of my head.  But let’s look at this from a business stand point, instead of giving away free copies of the game for a select few people to beta test.  They can now make $60-$70 per game copy for everyone who purchased the game to beta test the game for them! 

For me it wouldn’t matter if the game comes out the end of June or the end of August I’m still going to buy it, unless they were to release something absolutely atrocious like F1 2015 but for the last couple years I’ve been a day 1 kinda guy so if I was playing back then I would probably have bought it too, not been happy about it but would hope next years game would be better (which it was from what I’ve heard).  At least this way, releasing the end of June, it gives us something to do during the summer break between Hungry and Spa!

2 hours ago, johnboy83 said:

Like a lot of others I totally agree. A few issues I’ve noticed with graphics (no spray from champagne on GP2 podium for example) but I havnt found any game breaking bugs yet, nor have I in the previous few games where people have been raging about how bad broken it is. I have never really encountered any of the issues that people complained about. Guess I’m a lucky one!

I did suffer a little bit with frasme rate stuttering in 201 7that was a bit annoying as that can cause me to crash also I do get it a little in 1 8but not to quite an extreme as I do with 17 having said that though I've not done any wet races yet and it's usually there that my system has struggled most in the last couple of games so I don't think I'll be holding my breath until I see how it handles when I get a wet race. The night racing is looking fantastic so far both Bahrain and Abu Dhabi look stunning at night.