Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

A.I. In wet conditions are relatively much slower than dry conditions

Like the title says , they are much slower, like >2 seconds per lap. 

I’ve done a few wet races in F1 2019 already , plain wet, wet-dry and vice versa. And the results are the same. AI are much slower in every scenario. 

So today I started a Hungary 25% wet race at 110 ultimate, driving a Red Bull. 
Default “balanced” setup except for 58% brake bias. 
Started 3rd, ran in 4th place , until I snatched 3rd place after 10 laps. 
Took the lead at lap 16 out of 18, and finished 1st. Got fastest lap, 6 tenths faster than no 2. 

The handling in 2019 is outstanding, soooo much better than last year, so hopefully CM can balance the difficulty  slider between wet versus dry. 
It’s a real problem in wet-dry races , pain wet races can be adjusted pre race. 

And overall, this years car handling wet or dry is superb compared to F1 2018!!

• Agree 1

Yes, AI in wet conditions is super slow. 90%, career mode being competitive and i finish second with the Alfa Romeo. 

As soon as the track got drier, they started gaining pace. I had the fastest lap time in the wet too. 

Also, the track was getting drier at the end of the race and the AI decided to get another set of intermediates when i did like 8 laps after they pitted and went to soft directly. Why is the AI logic non existent after 10 years of this game?

Yes, pace between wet and dry is not well balanced. Hope it will be fixed. 

Sad to hear that AI doesn‘t really adapt their strategy. I hoped it will be better than last year. 

2 hours ago, Furbii said:

Yes, AI in wet conditions is super slow. 90%, career mode being competitive and i finish second with the Alfa Romeo. 

As soon as the track got drier, they started gaining pace. I had the fastest lap time in the wet too. 

Also, the track was getting drier at the end of the race and the AI decided to get another set of intermediates when i did like 8 laps after they pitted and went to soft directly. Why is the AI logic non existent after 10 years of this game?

1 hour ago, Akkan74 said:

Yes, pace between wet and dry is not well balanced. Hope it will be fixed. 

Sad to hear that AI doesn‘t really adapt their strategy. I hoped it will be better than last year. 

The cpu’s In the consoles may not be powerful enough to handle making decisions like this for 19 other ai drivers at the same time as its possessing everything else that it needs to.  I believe this is also why the ai had different tire modeling and slipstream/dirty air modeling than the player.  (Last year anyway, I haven’t played enough 2019 to make a judgement.)

Yeah I got that was racing in China started dry then was wet with about 10-11 laps to go.

Think I was running in 7th-8th in an Alpha Romeo after the rain ended up finishing P4 ahead of Bottas on the last lap.

had got up to 5th easy enough and ended closing a huge gap to Bottas over 5-6 laps from what I can tell the A.I. are losing a lot of time on corner exit in the wet. 

A.I. Was set to 101

I think they are very bad at corner exit   I did a practice programme in the wet, made a mistake but made up almost 2 seconds on my target time coming out of the hairpin in China. And by the time I’d crossed the line, I was back inside it. 

Found the same in T3 in Austria. 

agreed im i the only one who has AI on 105 and on quali the AI are so OP but on race you can beat the quite easy ?

2 hours ago, kyrillos152 said:

agreed im i the only one who has AI on 105 and on quali the AI are so OP but on race you can beat the quite easy ?

I’ve found that it is fairly even between the two. I’m finding the practice programmes tough this time round though.