GRID wil feal empty with out drifting

Posted (edited)

Drifting has always bin apart of Grid and should be in this one too i have a few more idea's that i would like to see back or in the game i would like to buy my own garages and cars and not have it gifted i want to work for it and i would realy like to see car performance upgrades back ad some point

_20190628_003302.JPG.bcb29023373b55413db287c9c39bfc0a.JPG

mpu_grid2_Drift_Pack_09_id1373453542_263351.jpg

_20190628_003302.JPG

Edited by ELITE-Team-Solo
Lol i cant get rid of the pics more keap showing up when i edit it 😂

Grid without drifting is a no-buy for me, derby not so much but thats personal opinion. I mentioned it in the "One wish" thread but wanted to add a comment here as well.

I DO think both shouldn't be forced down players throats, by that I mean neither should be part of the games "progression" or story. People shouldn't be forced to win drifting or derby events to complete the game..

Having them as side events totally divorced from game progression is a far better idea and less of an annoyance to those with no interest in them.

Myself and other members of SRS13 were still drifting in Grid 1 up until Autosport launched in 2014, 3 YEARS after the official game servers were shut down We were still playing online via Tunngle or Gameranger...

Why? Because no other racing game did drift as well, the scoring rewarded angle speed duration and linking drifts. ever since Grid 1 drift has been chopped up into "drift zones" solo drifting and short point to point drift sprints.

Autosport came close but not close enough..

These were the halcyon days of drifting in games.. My usual warmup solo session.

Myself and Zappac (MirZZi) before He'd joined SRS13 playing the Mt Haruna drift mod.

After the servers were shut down we continued Via Tunngle or Gameranger....

My last Grid 1 vid made in 2014 6 YEARS after grid launched.......

In that time the only other race game to catch my attention was Dirt 3 for Gymkhana fun...

Most of my time in Dirt 3 was spent doing stuff like this.... Usually in outbreak this sort of driving lead to survival or total infection before the timer ran out 🙂

The racing was still really good fun to though..

Better in eyefinity though..... 

Autosport came with the physics almost spot on but the drifting neutered to drift zones in a few corners and assists off being almost the same as turning them on.. 

Sanitised, time delayed, solo, no formation drifting, designated scoring zones... Where's the exitement? Where's the passion? Other than scoring in the zones what's the point???

Dirt Rally was great fun for it's realism but no drifting outside the races. had 2 or 3 F1 titles as well but....

Since 2016 I haven't touched a Codies game. Other titles have held my interest because they cater to my tastes more....

IMO it's NOT GRID unless it includes both Drift and Derby even if just as a multiplayer only option. 

Give us the drift tracks from Grid's history, give us 8-12 way drift battles, drift multipliers to encourage chained drifts, proximity detection points to encourage close quarters drifting, clipping point bonuses, drift tap and grind points, Impact penalties, Penalties for becoming stale, gymkhana points for trick entries (360 or reverse entries), decent arcade type assists for the casual drifters with the same epic gap to assists off (hardcore simulation style) as the original grid.....

Bring back that racing heartbeat caused by a fear inducing, all or nothing billion point drift extravaganza we used to know and love....

Anythng less just isn't GRID.......

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, PocoLoco319 said:

And derby as well both is constant part of the series..

derbys where alot of fun! 👍 bud if i remember corectly those where always in free dlc's

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

Grid without drifting is a no-buy for me, derby not so much but thats personal opinion. I mentioned it in the "One wish" thread but wanted to add a comment here as well.

I DO think both shouldn't be forced down players throats, by that I mean neither should be part of the games "progression" or story. People shouldn't be forced to win drifting or derby events to complete the game..

Having them as side events totally divorced from game progression is a far better idea and less of an annoyance to those with no interest in them.

Myself and other members of SRS13 were still drifting in Grid 1 up until Autosport launched in 2014, 3 YEARS after the official game servers were shut down We were still playing online via Tunngle or Gameranger...

Why? Because no other racing game did drift as well, the scoring rewarded angle speed duration and linking drifts. ever since Grid 1 drift has been chopped up into "drift zones" solo drifting and short point to point drift sprints.

Autosport came close but not close enough..

These were the halcyon days of drifting in games.. My usual warmup solo session.

Myself and Zappac (MirZZi) before He'd joined SRS13 playing the Mt Haruna drift mod.

After the servers were shut down we continued Via Tunngle or Gameranger....

My last Grid 1 vid made in 2014 6 YEARS after grid launched.......

In that time the only other race game to catch my attention was Dirt 3 for Gymkhana fun...

Most of my time in Dirt 3 was spent doing stuff like this.... Usually in outbreak this sort of driving lead to survival or total infection before the timer ran out 🙂

The racing was still really good fun to though..

Better in eyefinity though..... 

Autosport came with the physics almost spot on but the drifting neutered to drift zones in a few corners and assists off being almost the same as turning them on.. 

Sanitised, time delayed, solo, no formation drifting, designated scoring zones... Where's the exitement? Where's the passion? Other than scoring in the zones what's the point???

Dirt Rally was great fun for it's realism but no drifting outside the races. had 2 or 3 F1 titles as well but....

Since 2016 I haven't touched a Codies game. Other titles have held my interest because they cater to my tastes more....

IMO it's NOT GRID unless it includes both Drift and Derby even if just as a multiplayer only option. 

Give us the drift tracks from Grid's history, give us 8-12 way drift battles, drift multipliers to encourage chained drifts, proximity detection points to encourage close quarters drifting, clipping point bonuses, drift tap and grind points, Impact penalties, Penalties for becoming stale, gymkhana points for trick entries (360 or reverse entries), decent arcade type assists for the casual drifters with the same epic gap to assists off (hardcore simulation style) as the original grid.....

Bring back that racing heartbeat caused by a fear inducing, all or nothing billion point drift extravaganza we used to know and love....

Anythng less just isn't GRID.......

Thanks for your coment you make some good points i wil try to watch all your video's bud they did say they wont force any race types in the ofline campagn you just have to finish races in order to progress you dont actualy have to win bud i am a perfectionist so that wont cut it😋 i would like a gymkhana drifting event with ken block it would be verry cool how ever i wil definitly buy this game as i am sure that i wil enjoy this grid as mutch as all the athers in the grid series all of them where a completly difrent bud also extreamly fun to play 😁 (thats some good drifting 🥺why did you not buy grid 2 that was a amaizing drift game with one of my personal favorite multiplayers in the grid series sadly not evry1 would agree with me) 

We have to suport this game or we most likely wont ever see a New one witch would suck because grid used to be a amaizing game. 

I am very happy that there is no drift or derby, very good choice by the developers. Racing against others is what the game is about, without unnecessary add-ons.
In Autosport when drift comes up in the mixed playlist, people leave. Can't remember the last time I saw derby in the list of custom lobbies.

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Sir.Smoke said:

I am very happy that there is no drift or derby, very good choice by the developers. Racing against others is what the game is about, without unnecessary add-ons.
In Autosport when drift comes up in the mixed playlist, people leave. Can't remember the last time I saw derby in the list of custom lobbies.

we are talking about the same game right Grid is a race game ment to be fun and it Just so hapends derbys and drifting is super fun! Grid is supose to have a litle bid of evrything one of the main reasons i why like this game so mutch its not a raceing game with only race modes u see in evry sim game its a arcade/simulator it has a bit of both race worlds for example its like a mix between nfs and GT sport 

Derbys are populair to this day looks like you should have done some more research and so is drifting as you can see from rastus coment

11 minutes ago, ELITE-Team-Solo said:

LOL we are talking about the same game right Grid is a race game ment to be fun and it Just so hapends derbys and drifting is super fun! Grid is supose to have a litle bid of evrything one of the main reasons i why like this game so mutch

Derbys are populair to this day looks like you should have done some more research 

I totally agree with ELITE team solo and something else.. Playlist destroyed the online experience (grid 2 , GAS) codemsters should remove it and just let players to make custom lobbies (Grid 1).. Also flashbacks  sucks at least let the host the possibility to enable them or not in custom games , DO NOT ADD PLAYLIST PLEASE!

• Agree 1

My thoughts on this are as follows:

GRID is a game about rising through the ranks of major motorsport disciplines and becoming a pro. Therefore, regular racing should be at the forefront, however...

...if it doesn't take away resources from the essential parts of what the game is about and can be introduced in a non-intrusive way, meaning those who don't like these disciplines can avoid them entirely, then I see no reason for them not to come. More ways to play the game, more people can have fun with it.

Think of it this way: you won't have people drifting in race lobbies, taking up the whole track and swerving to get a slide on, and those who want vehicular mayhem have a place to be, instead of ruining the fun of others.

Everyone wins.

• Thanks 1

I don't need to do research, I have raced in Grid basically every day for years. Racing against others is what makes the game, not derby or drift. Good to see the developers take a more focused approach.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Sir.Smoke said:

I don't need to do research, I have raced in Grid basically every day for years. Racing against others is what makes the game, not derby or drift. Good to see the developers take a more focused approach.

Ι would not actually be against it if they really focued on pure race mode adding much content like tracks and classes/cars but  the number of them are pretty low , if they planned to add for example 5+ tracks and more classes/15-20 cars but they dont.. Or if they revived TOCA series with that pure motorsport style and huge content like TOCA 3.. Then i would be more than happy but i am afraid they want to sell a pretty limited content game with cut content from previous Grid games at full price.. 

If they  CM dont confirm that they are gonna add at least after release drift/derby mode i will skip buying the game on release and i will probably buy it later in a very low price on any steam sale or cd key site..

..."

Edited by PocoLoco319
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, PocoLoco319 said:

Ι would not actually be against it if they really focued on pure race mode adding much content like tracks and classes/cars but  the number of them are pretty low , if they planned to add for example 5+ tracks and more classes/15-20 cars but they dont.. Or if they revived TOCA series with that pure motorsport style and huge content like TOCA 3.. Then i would be more than happy but i am afraid they want to sell a pretty limited content game with cut content from previous Grid games at full price.. 

If they  CM dont confirm that they are gonna add at least after release drift/derby mode i will skip buying the game on release and i will probably buy it later in a very low price on any steam sale or cd key site..

..."

Yes i agree i think that they should tel us why they decided to not bring drifting into the launch of Grid eventho it always had a consistent part of the grid series and if drifting/derbys wil ever Come back if not it would ruin GRID for me too🤔 

Without drift and derby the game shouldn't even be called grid imo.

Grid 2 was a joke... Racing ended up being drift to win and drifting was like tea trays on ice all alone....... booooooring.

As for a lack of drift players??? before the servers were killed off there usually 2-3 demo races the rest were predominately racing but around a quarter of the sessions were drifters like myself. Don't get me wrong though, I loved the racing too but most of my time was spent sideways...

After the servers had died, players turned to Gameranger and Tunngle to play online, around 50% of the servers were drift lobbies. 

If grid doesn't have drift then I won't be buying it, too limited content (tracks/cars) for this day and age, so I'll be sticking to Forza then..... They'll get my cash because they DO cater to my tastes... ALL of them, both for racing AND drifting..

Forza Apex

FH3 (Recognise the mini livery???)

FH4.....

TBH if GRID doesn't have drift but DOES have great racing I'll be waiting for it to hit the bargain basement or a free weekend on Steam cause even WITH great racing it aint worth £65 for a few tracks and a handful of cars per class. Certainly not vs games with 700+ cars and 30+ locations..... 

Anyway...

If drift & Derby has no place in Grid then the game aint GRID. It's just a another generic racer playing on the name of a great award winning game from history..... Simples really.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2019 at 1:13 PM, [SRS13]Rastus said:

Without drift and derby the game shouldn't even be called grid imo.

Grid 2 was a joke... Racing ended up being drift to win and drifting was like tea trays on ice all alone....... booooooring.

As for a lack of drift players??? before the servers were killed off there usually 2-3 demo races the rest were predominately racing but around a quarter of the sessions were drifters like myself. Don't get me wrong though, I loved the racing too but most of my time was spent sideways...

After the servers had died, players turned to Gameranger and Tunngle to play online, around 50% of the servers were drift lobbies. 

If grid doesn't have drift then I won't be buying it, too limited content (tracks/cars) for this day and age, so I'll be sticking to Forza then..... They'll get my cash because they DO cater to my tastes... ALL of them, both for racing AND drifting..

Forza Apex

FH3 (Recognise the mini livery???)

FH4.....

TBH if GRID doesn't have drift but DOES have great racing I'll be waiting for it to hit the bargain basement or a free weekend on Steam cause even WITH great racing it aint worth £65 for a few tracks and a handful of cars per class. Certainly not vs games with 700+ cars and 30+ locations..... 

Anyway...

If drift & Derby has no place in Grid then the game aint GRID. It's just a another generic racer playing on the name of a great award winning game from history..... Simples really.

I never realy played manny race games used to play alot of nfs on the ps3 bud stoped playing that when grid 1 came out on the ps4 i only played nfs (2015) cus my brother bought it ad the time it came out i have't bought a race game since grid autosport bud i might start playing forza if this game dosnt work out i used to realy love grid tho it was something special❤️ btw i like grid2 the most 😅 it was a alsome drift game and it had some cool cars like the ariel atom or the Nissan skyline & camaro's and manny more 🚙😍

Drifting has always been part of grid. Not everyone enjoys it so as we said above it should be playable but not part of the games progression. Same with Derby, I hate derby tbh but it WAS part of the original and thats the point.... Grid without them isn't Grid anymore.

It might as well be ToCA 4 instead (Which would be no bad thing AT ALL).

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2

46 minutes ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

Drifting has always been part of grid. Not everyone enjoys it so as we said above it should be playable but not part of the games progression. Same with Derby, I hate derby tbh but it WAS part of the original and thats the point.... Grid without them isn't Grid anymore.

It might as well be ToCA 4 instead (Which would be no bad thing AT ALL).

I agree with most of it i do think drifting should be part of the progresion as it tests your controle of the car and skills as a drivers derbys dont need to be part of the progresion bud like you seth i do think it should be in the game as it is fun to play with friends and ather online players grid Just isnt grid with out it, then they should have called it ToCA 4 or something new intirely

• Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2019 at 10:39 PM, ELITE-Team-Solo said:

I agree with most of it i do think drifting should be part of the progresion as it tests your controle of the car and skills as a drivers derbys dont need to be part of the progresion bud like you seth i do think it should be in the game as it is fun to play with friends and ather online players grid Just isnt grid with out it, then they should have called it ToCA 4 or something new intirely

I agree drifting tests your control of the car, mastering it can also help massively with your racing. Personally I too would like to see it back as part of the games progression but we have to bear in mind many MANY people despise drifting.

It's all about personal preferences really. I HATE derby, I rarely played it in any previous Grid title, I just played it enough to complete the game though with a handful of online races and that was it. So I'm really in both camps, I'm pro drifting but dislike derby, one I'm deeply passionate about and the other I couldn't care less.

This is why I'd be more than happy for both drift and derby to be outside the games progression, just add them as online "party modes" for those of us that DO enjoy them.

Both have been in every iteration of Grid, their total removal makes this game NOT Grid... It then becomes just another generic racer. 

Releasing this as Grid just reminds us "Gridders" of old what's missing, making the whole game something of a let down instead of becoming the crowning jewel of the series which is what it SHOULD be...

I spent several THOUSAND hours playing Grid 1. I own 2 copies, 1 on disc and the 2nd from the steam launch in 2010. the steam copy has 667 hours but I know I played close to 5000 hours in total.

Grid 2 I played for a measly 335 hours before the drift to win racing and completely solo drifting got boring so I went back to Grid 1 and Dirt Rally.

Grid Autosport I played 1200 hours until some idiot decided to deliberately target some of the best players in the game and use a trainer to ram us off the road, damaging car stats, reputation, behavior stats. They even went so far as claiming we were cheaters and trolling us in these very forums (This was handled and shut down very quickly by Codies BTW). Youtube shut down their channel used to publish vids of us "cheating", which in reality only displayed their own shortcomings. Sadly any action from steam came far to late to stop this person from imitating us online in their efforts to tarnish our reputations.

So we have the "Golden years" of Grid 1, the confused years of Grid 2 and the resurgence destroyed by an inability to effectively stop trolling in a timely manner (Except in these forums thanks to the no naming and shaming policies, report suspected cheating for investigation by all means but don't trash someone in public, GG Codies btw for both proving our innocence and reacting swiftly to defend those wrongly accused)...

On a side note thats something I WOULD like to see, something done about malicious behavior in the game, cheating, imitating, flaming and targetting in-game. I'd like to see something like the methods used in Forza, online gameplay bans for cheats etc. it's a 30 year online ban for cheating, Will Codies implement similar measures?

Anywhoo.. I was hoping GRID was going to be a return to the "Halcyon days" of massively, multiplayer, sideways, shenanigans, in clouds of tyresmoke..... Seems to Me I'm gonna be let down again.....

Edited by [SRS13]Rastus
  • Like 1

Can confirm: Drifting will not be in GRID on launch. Was a tough decision to make, but a necessary one.

Post-launch we have plenty of content lined up, and we're taking on all community feedback to see how that can feed into post-launch so never say never, but right now there's no plan for drifting in the new GRID.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Can confirm: Drifting will not be in GRID on launch. Was a tough decision to make, but a necessary one.

Post-launch we have plenty of content lined up, and we're taking on all community feedback to see how that can feed into post-launch so never say never, but right now there's no plan for drifting in the 

Thanks for clearing that out cant say im happy with the decision you guys have made i do hope drifting wil make a comeback in the new GRID

3 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Post-launch we have plenty of content lined up, and we're taking on all community feedback to see how that can feed into post-launch so never say never, but right now there's no plan for drifting in the new GRID.

Well, that sucks :classic_sad:

Well i hope for a drifting Focused DLC later on, but I personally don't mind this. Id would rather have no drifting at all than a drifting mode that is very buggy. You may delay drifting and make sure this actually works, or make sure we get at least with some DLC.

Demolition derby, I won't mind being gone, because I have Dirt Showdown which will replace it should it not come back.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

w GRID.

Good you made it clean but i am disappointed .. Drift was a permanent part of all previous games and it should be in base game or at least to come later with any free update and NOT AS DLC!

What about derby mode? This is even more popular mode in previous Grid games.. Will it be there? WE need them both !

So if there is not either Demo or Drift , there are about 5 car classes with 70 cars in total and 12 locations? Less tracks than GAS and Grid 2 for pure races , time attack ect? Content looks very poor to me .. 😞

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Good you made it clean but i am disappointed .. Drift was a permanent part of all previous games and it should be in base game or at least to come later with any free update and NOT AS DLC!

What about derby mode? This is even more popular mode in previous Grid games.. Will it be there? WE need them both !

So if there is not either Demo or Drift , there are about 5 car classes with 70 cars in total and 12 locations? Less tracks than GAS and Grid 2 for pure races , time attack ect? Content looks very poor to me .. 😞

I agree 💯 this game wil feal empty with out all those great race modes the clasic grid series had 😐 

• Disagree 1

The only thing im looking forward to now in the new grid is the nemesis system Just bought the crew 2 for 20€ they do have drifting, demolition derby and drag races, performance upgrades and visual upgrades👌