Jump to content

GRID wil feal empty with out drifting

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, ELITE-Team-Solo said:

The only thing im looking forward to now in the new grid is the nemesis system Just bought the crew 2 for 20‚ā¨ they do have drifting, demolition derby and drag races, performance upgrades and visual upgradesūüĎĆ

Yes i have The crew 2 too and loved it , you feel it has endless content , visual/engine upgrades tunning even interior , bikes , boats , planes and even fun derby mode and offcorse the free roam exploring that vast map..  At least i hope Grid to have a good weather/daytime system with various conditions for creating different conditions each time you play..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Can confirm: Drifting will not be in GRID on launch. Was a tough decision to make, but a necessary one.

Post-launch we have plenty of content lined up, and we're taking on all community feedback to see how that can feed into post-launch so never say never, but right now there's no plan for drifting in the new GRID.

More than annoyed, disgusted, dissolusioned at this, It's not GRID without drifting & derby.

Thats the last nail in the coffin for Codies as far as I'm concerned. 

Consistenly let down game after game... MAJOR features removed time and time again. Faults not fixed time after time. Regurgitating the same DX11 API when the rest of the world's moved on...

Way to go Codies you've just killed the franchise when you could have gotten away with calling it ToCA 4 and we'd probably be ok with that.

Do me a favour @ChrisGrovesMCM and delete my codies profile we're done here nothing left to see but the rotting corpse of a once award winning software house..... Sad days.....

Well at least I've saved myself £65 on a game with practically no content (by comparison at least)...

Edited by [SRS13]Rastus
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

More than annoyed, disgusted, dissolusioned at this, It's not GRID without drifting & derby.

Thats the last nail in the coffin for Codies as far as I'm concerned. 

Consistenly let down game after game... MAJOR features removed time and time again. Faults not fixed time after time. Regurgitating the same DX11 API when the rest of the world's moved on...

Way to go Codies you've just killed the franchise when you could have gotten away with calling it ToCA 4 and we'd probably be ok with that.

Do me a favour @ChrisGrovesMCM and delete my codies profile we're done here nothing left to see but the rotting corpse of a once award winning software house..... Sad days.....ÔĽŅ

Well at least I've saved myself £65 on a game with practically no content (by comparison at least)...

But why? just because drift is not there doesn't mean its dead

Racing would at least be there, you could just stick to the other games if you want drifting, but i am disappointed to say that you are too radical on your opinion, saying that grid is dead without drifting and Codemasters have finally fallen.

I do not blame you for being upset, but your reaction just makes me sad. you still can enjoy drifting, but don't be jerk about it.

 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm not being a jerk about it. I'm pointing out Codies are routinely recycling game titles whilst not advancing or at worst, reducing or even removing content that was a core part of the titles history, Yet they hail the result as a return to their past....

Like I said I'll be saving £45-65 because this isn't worth the investment. What's on offer is a pale shadow of the original Race Driver Grid, Autosport came pretty close but it still had derby and drifting, without these 2 the game becomes about the same as Assetto Corsa Competizione, too niche and limited in scope to be worth bothering about..

Codies haven't listened to the series fans of old since Dirt 3. Slipping down a greasy slope from award winning stardom currently passing mediocrity whilst accelerating all the way to oblivion...

No thanks I'll wait for next years FM8, PCars 3, to name 2 games still on my radar, meanwhile I'll keep playing FM7 or FH3/4 and lament the passing of a Giant from history...

Edited by [SRS13]Rastus
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

Regurgitating the same DX11 API when the rest of the world's moved on...

This kind of shows how little you know Codies... DX12 support that was originally promised to us in 2015 has now been in 2 F1 games already, with F1 2019 launch mode being DX12 by default.

Also as far as I know DX11/DX9 is much more used than DX12 anyways, so I would shrug, but I don't want to google for the thingy.

7 hours ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

Way to go Codies you've just killed the franchise when you could have gotten away with calling it ToCA 4 and we'd probably be ok with that.

This kind of shows how stupid this whole complaining is.

Also thank you Chris for confirming this! It's great to get answers about the game instead of getting left into the emptiness of some of the Codies forums ūüėõ¬†

Edited by UP100
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No drifting.¬†What a shame.¬†Looks like New Codemasters doesn¬īt know what they are doing. Without OG game modes Grid 2019 is neither a reboot of the series nor a successor to AS for me.

Edited by Ak1504
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

No drifting.¬†What a shame.¬†Looks like New Codemasters does n¬īt know what they are doing. Without OG game modes Grid 2019 is neither a reboot of the series nor a successor to AS for me.

This is getting more depressing by the minute...

Now i am in a negative mood right now, people thinking that drifting should exist in a Grid Game, and complaining when they don't get what they want, while in preliminary testing, it may be very buggy and may crash the game. We all need to be relieved that Grid is coming back, and be patient for the reviews before voting with your wallet. I understand peoples frustrations over the lack of drifting, but taking it out on the forums is definitely something you do not want to do, when the community manager hasn't explained yet. Chris did NOT say that drifting will never come back, just not at launch. we just need to cool off and move on. If you don't wan't the game, then fine, i am not stopping you from leaving, but don't ruin the fun for others who want to enjoy the game.

I am not leaving this forum anytime soon, I will refute certain things, but will concede when needed. I will still get this game (Possibly the ultimate edition) and will enjoy it. Have a nice day

Edited by CordedQuill42
Continued editing to avoid moderation restrictions.
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, UP100 said:

This kind of shows how little you know Codies... DX12 support that was originally promised to us in 2015 has now been in 2 F1 games already, with F1 2019 launch mode being DX12 by default.

Also as far as I know DX11/DX9 is much more used than DX12 anyways, so I would shrug, but I don't want to google for the thingy.

I knew this already thank you very much. 

As for how well I know Codies???? Almost half of my Youtube vids were from Codies games, Grid 1, Dirt 3 and Grid Autosport. 

I was given access to Autosport before launch for helping a commenter in these forums (Hey Miatakias-GR good to see you got your profile back up and running dude). 

I was also invited down to Codies studio's to see what they were working on at the time (Codemasters Test Day 21/11/2013).

Sadly I was unable to get the time off work thanks to only getting 2 weeks notice, bad luck and an inflexible employer there and no fault on Codies part. I was deeply gutted I can tell you..

THAT's how well I know Codies.

Been playing their games since ToCA and Colin McRae days and since Dirt 3, there has been a marked reduction in content, quality (vs competition), bugs that repeated each new game (Corrupted save files in Grid 2 and Autosport for example), also a massive increase in broken promises. even the abandonment of promised fixes for games (F1 online the game, Grid Autosport and even your own comment of "DX12 support that was originally promised in 2015" yet it only appeared in 2018 3 YEARS after it was promised).

When everyone else had moved on in GFX, Codies have stood still. Implementing DX12 in F1 Woohoo, with WORSE performance than DX11, great one. 

Why not in anything else? Plus factor in many houses are moving to Vulkan and beyond, Codies are now a generation behind the curve and at worst 2 generations when you add in DXR and the Vulkan follow up.

GRID is gonna be only the racing from the last 3 titles with a few bells and whistles tacked on. Good racing most likely but less content than ever and the abandonment of 2 parts of the game cherished by many fans of the series. 

Like I said it's sad more than anything else.......

Edited by [SRS13]Rastus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

This is getting more depressing by the minute...

Now i am in a negative mood right now, people thinking that drifting should exist in a Grid Game, and complaining when they don't get what they want, while in preliminary testing, it may be very buggy and may crash the game. We all need to be relieved that Grid is coming back, and be patient for the reviews before voting with your wallet. I understand peoples frustrations over the lack of drifting, but taking it out on the forums is definitely something you do not want to do, when the community manager hasn't explained yet. Chris did NOT say that drifting will never come back, just not at launch. we just need to cool off and move on. If you don't wan't the game, then fine, i am not stopping you from leaving, but don't ruin the fun for others who want to enjoy the game.

I am not leaving this forum anytime soon, I will refute certain things, but will concede when needed. I will still get this game (Possibly the ultimate edition) and will enjoy it. Have a nice day

Yes, if it bears the title of GRID and tries to sell itself as a return back to it's roots, I would expect them to deliver the same polished content that the previous one had. Removing the content and still trying to sell it under the same name, yeah no. That's just shooting yourself in the foot and telling everyone that it's fine while limping along with your leg. 

Unfortunate choices, but it's up to the developers to decide what they do with the game. At the end of the day, they're making the game but luckily I still have the option to opt out and not spend my money on it as well ūüėČ

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

As for how well I know Codies???? Almost half of my Youtube vids were from Codies games, Grid 1, Dirt 3 and Grid Autosport.¬†ÔĽŅÔĽŅÔĽŅ

I was given access to Autosport before launch for helping a commenter in these forums (Hey Miatakias-GR good to see you got your profile back up and running dude). 

I was also invited down to Codies studio's to see what they were working on at the time (Codemasters Test Day 21/11/2013).ÔĽŅ

Sadly I was unable to get the time off work thanks to only getting 2 weeks notice, bad luck and an inflexible employer there and no fault on Codies part. I was deeply gutted I can tell you..

THAT's how well I know Codies.

So 1 time you were able to play the game before launch, something that is still happening with DiRT (few members asked to try an unknown title for example), F1 (Yearly closed beta tests) and mobile games (Closed in the same way as F1 I believe) The youtube thingy just got me to laugh.

 

18 minutes ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

ImplemeÔĽŅnting DX12 in F1 Woohoo, with WORSE performance than DX11, great one.¬†

Not really. You're just trying to alter the results to suit your point or something as you're angry at Codies.

Anyways we are too far away from the point to even continue on this thread so PMs are always an option, as well as the 'ignore user' function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, UP100 said:

So 1 time you were able to play the game before launch, something that is still happening with DiRT (few members asked to try an unknown title for example), F1 (Yearly closed beta tests) and mobile games (Closed in the same way as F1 I believe) The youtube thingy just got me to laugh.

Why scoff at my legitimate comments and start to demean my character for speaking the truth? I was involved in other Beta's F1 Online the game (Closed/Open) got invited to F1 for several years but lost interest in 2012, I'm a founder in Warframe (Closed/Open/Founder + seat on the games design council) but they're not relevent to Grid.

25 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Not really. You're just trying to alter the results to suit your point or something as you're angry at Codies.

Anyways we are too far away from the point to even continue on this thread so PMs are always an option, as well as the 'ignore user' function.

I stand corrected on the DX12 vs DX11 results I looked at the early comparison vids my bad. It STILL took 3 years for them to add a 2015 feature. Plus the more modern API's are giving even more benefits than DX12. When will we see them? 5 years from now?

No. I'm Not angry at Codies at all, just deeply disappointed they've removed so many features that made the original great, for almost 6 YEARS Grid 1 was the home of drifting (which was the whole point of this thread) for many gamers, Austoport almost got it right but there were too many hackers who would ruin entire sessions and nothing was done about it.

As I've said before this should have been called TOCA 4 and it would be fine just not GRID.....

Edited by [SRS13]Rastus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 7:10 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Can confirm: Drifting will not be in GRID on launch. Was a tough decision to make, but a necessary one.

Post-launch we have plenty of content lined up, and we're taking on all community feedback to see how that can feed into post-launch so never say never, but right now there's no plan for drifting in the new GRID.

I hope the post-launch content consists mainly of new locations, repetition is what will eventually turn most online players off. In Autosports case all the tracks that were added post-launch don't matter, because most people race in the online playlist and that only uses tracks from the base game. Furthermore, even when creating a custom lobby and enabling DLC, many can't join because if the host has all the DLC-s and the one connecting is missing even one of them, it won't connect. How will this be addressed in the new game ? Will there only be lobbies created by players ?

Racing through the point-to-point mountain tracks in California and Hong-Kong is one of most fun time you can have in Autosport, but it's a rare occasion when someone creates a lobby and chooses it as a race.

Drifting, not sad to see it gone. Not whatsoever.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Given the confirmation that drifting will not be in Grid at launch, and the amount of toxicity as the reaction, I think this thread has gotten out of control, and have served its purpose. Flagging a moderator for a lockdown of this thread.

I do NOT understand why people have to say that it is not GRID without Drifting. Drifting was added as a afterthought in Race Driver GRID, there was a cult following of it that lead to it inclusion in Grid 2, but the Arcadish Physics eventually made a few people turn their backs. Grid Autosport also included drift, but its gimmicky style and hard to learn rules turned a few people away. That might be a reason Codemasters cut it from the new Grid.

Who knows? Maybe Codies will surprise us with a drifting DLC, free for everyone (Just like the demolition derby that was added into Grid 2 and Autosport). Lastly, They need to cut some features in order to make sure the game is not prone to crashing. Note that Chris said that the removal of Drifting "Was a Necessary One", so he may be alluding to its state in Developer Builds.

Edited by CordedQuill42
My afterthoughts.
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every one is intiteled to there own opinion thats what this tread is for and some People have a difrent way of expresing those some might get mad some sad some dont care all you guys have to do is respect each others opinion you dont have to agree bud thats why you can Just leave a thumbs up or down ūüėČ

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Topic is that drifting should be in GRID as it always has bin in the grid series i feal like they took something similar to flashbacks out of the grid series thank God they dint do that ūüėāūüėā bud i am sure that grid wil stil be a fun game to play eventho they are taking a totaly difrent dyrection then what we are used to in the old grid series thats prob why its not called grid 4 bud Just grid as in grid 1 first of its kind in the new seriesūüėĚ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×