Sign in to follow this  

The Damage of GRID Autosport

With GRID Autosport going for a more authentic feel, we’ve added several new features to our mechanical damage, as well as improving existing features. As a result of this, the impact of mechanical damage in the game is much more severe than in previous GRID titles and will change your strategy when it comes to racing.

Nice read, looks like OSD will be more detailed again like it was in ToCa 3. 
Can't wait to try the new damage model and all other improvements in GAS, 
and i'm hoping to see the advanced damage model come to DiRT 4 as well.

Wow this will make my league races very entertaining. So much damage in so many area :D i can not wait for this game, Just a question will there be more then just 5 laps something like 30 laps if so will there be pit stops where you can repair this damage.

Also are there punchers to tires? lose down force if certain body parts missing. if the indy cars touch wheels will they get airborne?

Would love to see some damage inproment in the F1 series as well with more cars being flung in the air and body parts falling over the places.

PIX3L5 said:

Wow this will make my league races very entertaining. So much damage in so many area :D i can not wait for this game, Just a question will there be more then just 5 laps something like 30 laps if so will there be pit stops where you can repair this damage.

Also are there punchers to tires? lose down force if certain body parts missing. if the indy cars touch wheels will they get airborne?

Would love to see some damage inproment in the F1 series as well with more cars being flung in the air and body parts falling over the places.

You can have up to 20 lap races, or 40 minute Endurance events.

No pit stops.

Punctures / blowouts are a yes

I've seen a few cars go airborne :)

How can I fix my tire when it blows?

Great info again @Loore :) 
:-bd

codies i love you :D

but how do you fix a blown tire haha

Loore said:
PIX3L5 said:

You can have up to 20 lap races, or 40 minute Endurance events.

No pit stops.

Punctures / blowouts are a yes

I've seen a few cars go airborne :)

I'm glad to see a strategy element added to the game in lieu of pitstops, but I fear a lot of rammers - ahem racers - will simply quit the lobby at their first puncture/steering rack fubar, rather than wait out or struggle through the remaining <20 laps like the rest of us.

Interested to learn whether their consistent damage repair costs will prohibitively hamper a rammer's - ahem poor driver's - progress.  I hope repair costs in the garage are astronomical with additional penalty fines too for the 8 year olds.

Airbourne car's will be awesome!