Server Maintenance Notice - October 14 to October 17 Read more... ×

Silly mid-season driver transfers..

Yes such a shame they rushed this. There should be no mid season moves for top teams because this just doesnt happen in real life, not at the very top.

• Agree 1

I think you're being way too harsh on Codemasters give them a break.

For so many years the number one requested feature of career mode was driver transfers. This year the developer has been able to deliver this. Bear in mind this is the first time this title has come built with this feature included, so huge hats off to Codemasters. It's their first year doing this, so obviously it's not going to be 100% perfect straight off the bat. Give them time and in sure they'll better the transfer system either through a patch for this game or if not, in future game releases.

Now that the most asked for feature in the game is finally included we should be happy that we've finally got it and understand that since its their first time implementing this feature it may need some tweaking to make it a little better. We should just be happy to have got this feature in the first place, they didn't have to put it into the game, but thank goodness they did. We should be grateful to them for this and trust they'll improve it down the track.

• Disagree 2

Wait a moment.......

Did i read it right ? Hamilton could lead the Championship mid Season by i.e. 30 pts and then he could decide to leave Mercedes and join to i.e. Williams ? And Vettel, i.e. trailing by 50 pts in the Championship could earn Hamiltons Cockpit mid season ?

If this should happen in my Career i´m done with this Game. This would completely ruin everything for me.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, 1henryw said:

Codemasters have an annoying habit of introducing great new features like r and d but taking 2 or three years to get them right 😕

CM also have a annoying habit to ommit features that either have been ingame previously (just to resell them at a later time again as "new features", for example interviews were ommited since 2012 or scenarios since 2015 etc. to be reintroduced in the ps4 / xbone era of F1 games which is ridiculous) or were heavily requested for years (still no official HUD, helmet cam, full look to apex options, classic tracks, properly laserscanned tracks as landscans on ground, VR, online career mode, virtual mirror, more options to make our own audio mix, proper story mode in career, proper avatar / helmet / suit / gloves / shoes / kneepads / car livery editor, manager mode as in the mobile game "Motorsport Manager" for more depth in the game etc. etc. etc.)...

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error

1 hour ago, SturmDesTodes said:

CM also have a annoying habit to ommit features that either have been ingame previously (just to resell them at a later time again as "new features", for example interviews were ommited since 2012 or scenarios since 2015 etc. to be reintroduced in the ps4 / xbone era of F1 games which is ridiculous) or were heavily requested for years (still no official HUD, helmet cam, full look to apex options, classic tracks, properly laserscanned tracks as landscans on ground, VR, online career mode, virtual mirror, more options to make our own audio mix, proper story mode in career, proper avatar / helmet / suit / gloves / shoes / kneepads / car livery editor, manager mode as in the mobile game "Motorsport Manager" for more depth in the game etc. etc. etc.)...

Storm mate I think you are standing on the deck of a sinking ship, as regards advanced features available in other sims. I will happily help you on deck bailing out water to keep the ship afloat! I KNOW Codies will one day make the perfect F1 game, and I'm sure they appreciate our polite but constant suggestions!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ndrst said:

Wait a moment.......

Did i read it right ? Hamilton could lead the Championship mid Season by i.e. 30 pts and then he could decide to leave Mercedes and join to i.e. Williams ? And Vettel, i.e. trailing by 50 pts in the Championship could earn Hamiltons Cockpit mid season ?

If this should happen in my Career i´m done with this Game. This would completely ruin everything for me.

There was a post the other day that said Hamilton went to a mid-table team in someones save despite leading the championship (think it was Renault).

I'm not sure if I want to start a career mode with this chaos tbh, especially during the season because it ruins it for me.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Storm mate I think you are standing on the deck of a sinking ship, as regards advanced features available in other sims. I will happily help you on deck bailing out water to keep the ship afloat! I KNOW Codies will one day make the perfect F1 game, and I'm sure they appreciate our polite but constant suggestions!

True, as the seas are stormy we always have to look at the bright side, even though it has been only small babysteps by CM, at least they are doing "some" progress.

Could be a bit faster though... 😉

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

20190629_101218.thumb.jpg.25b36eabc25f3bc0e7ed26d134f8dc63.jpg

So apart from the mid season transfer issue, this is what a season 2 driver line-up can look like. I love that drivers can change teams, but this is definitely a bit much..

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Please listen to the OP codemasters, midseason and endseason changes are way too much and too random.

Is it possible to let us vet the moves?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

Season 2.. 

20190629_101218.thumb.jpg.39159215ac573fcafd14c0bb195de846.jpg

How does it work for the player, do you get these random offers to move like the AI?

Edited by Andi
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Andi said:

How does it work for the player, do you get these random offers to move like the AI?

You can negotiate (and go to) any other team every 4 races or so.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I've merged a thread from the Codies General Discussion forum into this thread so that they are in the same place and the right place for further discussions. 

Thanks for all your feedback so far!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Worntoathread said:

20190629_101218.thumb.jpg.25b36eabc25f3bc0e7ed26d134f8dc63.jpg

So apart from the mid season transfer issue, this is what a season 2 driver line-up can look like. I love that drivers can change teams, but this is definitely a bit much..

It looks to me that Mercedes wanted Verstappen instead of Hamilton wanting to move to Red Bull.

This does look to be over the top, perhaps we could have a setting to disable driver changes as a quick fix, while this feature is refined?

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

That is ridiculous... Hopefully something is done cause all these movements like that ruin career mode imo.

• Agree 2

IMO driver transfers should only happen when a good driver performs so well in his team that he joins a bigger team. It's unrealistic for someone in a bigger team to join a lower one mid season. Maybe an older racer like Alonso or Raikkonen might try help a struggling team but more likely they would retire. Which is another point. DOES anyone retire? Any new faces each new season as thst is constantly happening in real life. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

Yeah that's why I thimk it' s a problem with the contract system rather than the implementation  of driver transfers itself because it sounds like the transfer system is tied into the contract system. By that I mean whenever you're negotiating a contract so is every other driver on the grid that you're racing against hence why we're seeing a lot of transfers.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, KittyFit90 said:

This does look to be over the top, perhaps we could have a setting to disable driver changes as a quick fix, while this feature is refined?

I don't think they should disable them entirely, but I think the mid season transfers should definitely go. Maybe they can limit the amount of changes between seasons as well.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

I don't think they should disable them entirely, but I think the mid season transfers should definitely go. Maybe they can limit the amount of changes between seasons as well.

TBH I think the only thing they can do is do a complete overhaul of the contract system maybe go  back to how they did it in F1 2016/17 where we had 1 mid season window and one end of season one. Because as I said I think it's down to how the whole thing is connected up. If that is the case it likely will be too much for a patch but maybe going into 2020 they can fix that.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Worntoathread said:

I agree. Mid season transfers could destroy championship. This should be removed. From my point of view two or three transfers at the end of the season excluding myself would be enough to make the new season interesting. 

Edited by Akkan74
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, driveroz247 said:

I think you're being way too harsh on Codemasters give them a break.

For so many years the number one requested feature of career mode was driver transfers. This year the developer has been able to deliver this. Bear in mind this is the first time this title has come built with this feature included, so huge hats off to Codemasters. It's their first year doing this, so obviously it's not going to be 100% perfect straight off the bat. Give them time and in sure they'll better the transfer system either through a patch for this game or if not, in future game releases.

Now that the most asked for feature in the game is finally included we should be happy that we've finally got it and understand that since its their first time implementing this feature it may need some tweaking to make it a little better. We should just be happy to have got this feature in the first place, they didn't have to put it into the game, but thank goodness they did. We should be grateful to them for this and trust they'll improve it down the track.

Normally I'd agree that there will be bugs for a new feature being added so give them a break .....BUT this game was in development for 2 years they've boasted so in what I'd consider a simple feature (considering there's just a driver changing teams with no real reasoning behind it...well nothing given in terms of "because of money" or "because that team will be a contender next year"), why oh why have they not thought of the possible cons in this decision?? That surely is 1 of the 1st things you do when there is a decision to be made and this is such an easy thought when you think of this feature being added.

In fact it's really the only real thought you should have - "What does it mean for the game if driver A goes to team Whatsup mid-season?"

Posted (edited)

I think the current concept is okay, but that it should be refined much more, such as with a check as whether a mid-season change will be beneficial to the WDC position of a driver or not.

Edited by CompLex1986

2 hours ago, CompLex1986 said:

I think the current concept is okay, but that it should be refined much more, such as with a check as whether a mid-season change will be beneficial to the WDC position of a driver or not.

Plus, I'd have a fixed thing where drivers in the Top 10 have no chance of moving mid season. Maybe even somewhere like Top 15. 

• Agree 1

I am happy they added the driver transfers. Thank for that. But silly seaon just got a new meaning. I mean you don't leave for a other team when you WDC contender. So it would be great indeed of they made the top 10 not be able to move to a other team mid seaon. I hope they can fix that.

• Agree 2