Silly mid-season driver transfers..

On 6/29/2019 at 1:44 AM, driveroz247 said:

I think you're being way too harsh on Codemasters give them a break.

For so many years the number one requested feature of career mode was driver transfers. This year the developer has been able to deliver this. Bear in mind this is the first time this title has come built with this feature included, so huge hats off to Codemasters. It's their first year doing this, so obviously it's not going to be 100% perfect straight off the bat. Give them time and in sure they'll better the transfer system either through a patch for this game or if not, in future game releases.

Now that the most asked for feature in the game is finally included we should be happy that we've finally got it and understand that since its their first time implementing this feature it may need some tweaking to make it a little better. We should just be happy to have got this feature in the first place, they didn't have to put it into the game, but thank goodness they did. We should be grateful to them for this and trust they'll improve it down the track.

Well the had to put something in the game apart from the 3 short f2 races and driver transfers the is nothing new . And to top that of the old features that are still in still dont work propley like the sc the only thing ive had is yellow flags for a couple sec after half a season and as far as driver transfers goes the should give an option to turn it off or on and preferbly fir each team so if dont want say mclaren drivers to swap you could turn it of fo mclaren but on for everyone else or the team your driving so if having a brilliant fight with teammate in tables andbon track he doesnt get replaced which is what happend to me after first 7 races 4 driver changes aftef 7 races is ridiculas . The problem I have is with career been an coppy and paste to last year the stuff what did add just fellt like it got throne in last minuite with out been tested or programmed propley and not to forget codies saying the spent 2 years making this game still same bugscas previouse titles and the new content well it doesnt work propley 

On 6/28/2019 at 10:46 AM, amphobius said:

You know, with Codies outright ignoring people regarding adding a virtual mirror, never updating their tracks meaning there is still that god-awful version of Spa and launching with the wrong pit entry at Paul Ricard, launching with the wrong car performance values, the frankly terribly implemented F2 into the career (I definitely would have liked the option for a full F2 season rather than this Eastenders bs) among many other things, and now learning that this frankly annoying feature isn't even optional...

I think I'm gonna pass this year. Someone else should be making these games. Codies do nothing but squander the license.

You can do a full f2 career tho?

• Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, Mellor81 said:

You can do a full f2 career tho?

You can do a full season, not tied to career mode.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

You can do a full season, not tied to career mode.

Ah ok, yeah i get what you mean

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Transfers since day one are at least not realistic. That was predictable because its first year of this feature so it will see some fixes.

After a few seasons at current state we see hell a lot changes and most of them are not so good from logical perspective (championship contender switching to midfield team). I hope it will be fixed asap, but I think there is another thing that could be done like new drivers. They could be named like AI in those challenge mode and their main role would be replacing retiring drivers. For example Kimi retires before 3rd season and new driver (generated by game or real driver from F2) replaces him. Same thing would happen later to Hamilton, Vettel etc.

I think that would make career more interesting than going round n round with same drivers and seeing in 6th season Hamilton driving for ToroRosso

Edited by MarcinRyba

19 minutes ago, MarcinRyba said:

Transfers since day one are at least not realistic. That was predictable because its first year of this feature so it will see some fixes.

After a few seasons at current state we see hell a lot changes and most of them are not so good from logical perspective (championship contender switching to midfield team). I hope it will be fixed asap, but I think there is another thing that could be done like new drivers. They could be named like AI in those challenge mode and their main role would be replacing retiring drivers. For example Kimi retires before 3rd season and new driver (generated by game or real driver from F2) replaces him. Same thing would happen later to Hamilton, Vettel etc.

I think that would make career more interesting than going round n round with same drivers and seeing in 6th season Hamilton driving for ToroRosso

Agree and disagree but there's no button for that haha.

Agree with new drivers coming in to replace those that retire or are let go (saw this from Twitter posts and love that teams just let go drivers - mainly Grosjean, lol) but would prefer from F2 or a returning driver making a comeback from retirement perhaps - news clipping would need to give the basis of the move though.

Disagree with seeing Ham in a Torro Rosso as being not realistic. I'm OK with these sort of moves as long as it's in the off season not mid season when they are challenging for the Championshio. See plenty do it. Schumy to Merc when they were not top of the field, Alonso to McLaren when he thought they might be able to challenge but ended up back end, Rai to Alpha, Kovaleinen went to Lotus, Ricci to Renault (not a World Champ I know but 1 that should be contending), etc.

Don't see why a top driver can't go to a midfield team to try and improve them. Would be cool to add some kind of notoriety feature in there because of this where if someone of Ham's calibre did go to a midfield/back end team, they take a lot of money and experience with them and so they get more funding for parts (more R&D points to develop quicker perhaps) or a boost in performance perhaps? Could be a cool feature to have.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

driver transfers is really nice to have, but the amount of it is lil bit too much and weird at the same time.

I would love to have the option to swap drivers by myself...

for example if LH is moving in mid season to another team....i go to the option menu and swap him back to mercedes.

So we would still have the driver transfers with our control.

2 hours ago, martbloke said:

Disagree with seeing Ham in a Torro Rosso as being not realistic. I'm OK with these sort of moves as long as it's in the off season not mid season when they are challenging for the Championshio. See plenty do it. Schumy to Merc when they were not top of the field, Alonso to McLaren when he thought they might be able to challenge but ended up back end, Rai to Alpha, Kovaleinen went to Lotus, Ricci to Renault (not a World Champ I know but 1 that should be contending), etc.

Don't see why a top driver can't go to a midfield team to try and improve them. Would be cool to add some kind of notoriety feature in there because of this where if someone of Ham's calibre did go to a midfield/back end team, they take a lot of money and experience with them and so they get more funding for parts (more R&D points to develop quicker perhaps) or a boost in performance perhaps? Could be a cool feature to have.

HAM at Torro Rosso is just ridiculous. Torro Rosso is the feeder series of young talent for Red Bull. Why, oh why would Helmut Marko put an old man (sorry Lewis) in a Torro Rosso car? 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

HAM at Torro Rosso is just ridiculous. Torro Rosso is the feeder series of young talent for Red Bull. Why, oh why would Helmut Marko put an old man (sorry Lewis) in a Torro Rosso car? 

to encourage the young ones to go faster perhaps? 😛

• Haha 1

So coming to Austria in my 1st carreer I got mid season driver transfers again....

They are a absolut joke!

HAM -> Renault -> RIC kicked out of F1 😂😂😂😂

GAS(was replaced by me) -> Mercedes 

WHY should Renault kick RIC? Why should Hamilton (Leader of the Championship) move to Renault?

I thought silly driver transfers from top teams were patched?

• Like 1

I've had one set of transfers so far in my 1st/only career playthrough, for Austria also.

Mercedes foretellingly let Bottas go, but hilariously ruin it by Gasly being the replacement lol. Granted he wasn't in the driver line up at all due to Butler.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Unbelievable they haven‘t deactivated it yet (midseason transfers). Silly is the right word and lazy. They have really become a joke. Codemasters sure know how to ruin games!! 🙈👎🏼

Edited by AllenB2609
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

CM either needs to tone it down, or offer a option to disable it.

The idea of this feature is amazing, but the execution by CM is simply poor and reeks of a failed testing phase.

Seriously, what on earth did they think when giving the green light to this feature, did the inhouse testers not go for multiple seasons in career mode or were they held back to make changes due to a lack of time and for Gods sake why has there not been a official reply stated as of yet regarding this issue?

Transparency.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error
  • Agree 2

It should only happen mid season if 1 driver in a team is REALLY underperforming and another driver in a lower team is overperforming. And ofcourse more chance of RBR drivers going to TR and vice versa.

But it should be rare AF, since even Gasly will probably keep his seat this year..

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

+1 Please Codemasters, won't someone acknowledge, and let us know if you can change it.

These mid-season AI changes are ludicrous and are actually putting me off buying 2019. It might just be a game, but the career needs to show some semblance of believability.

End of season AI changes are all that is needed, and a very welcome feature, but please NOT mid season.

Edited by kmw350
  • Agree 2

Hi all,

I’ve merged a couple of threads together that were about the same thing.

Thanks for all your continued feedback! It has been sent back to the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

looks like Codemasters has made the driver transfers and R&D only related to one season, to make it interesting and all possible for the guys who don't want to play 6 or 10 seasons. Would be great if you could choose at the start of carreer your planned seasons and all is related to it. So driver transfers could be way less for ten seasons and R&D way slower.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

I’ve merged a couple of threads together that were about the same thing.

Thanks for all your continued feedback! It has been sent back to the team.

Thanks for read and give a signal of life..

S1 France, Ricciardo has been movet out of renault and Gasly taken his place. And... Hamilton, leading the championship has come to williams (worst team in my career) and russell went to mercedes... Please Codies, give us option to turn off that...

10 minutes ago, yrek150 said:

S1 France, Ricciardo has been movet out of renault and Gasly taken his place. And... Hamilton, leading the championship has come to williams (worst team in my career) and russell went to mercedes... Please Codies, give us option to turn off that...

Can you show a screenshot of that, Loads of people have said stuff like that but I havent actually seen a screenshot of it .

Posted (edited)

@Faya Thanks for sending feedback to the team but will there be anytime we will get some infos about fixing it?

We dont need the correct date/patch when it will be done. Just a simple "We plan to fix the mid season driver transfers in XYZ way. You will be able to toggle it on/off. Top Team changes will not happen anymore/not this frequent" etc...

Just any info if anything will be changed in the future...(same for the SC/AI/Online Coop Championship)

Edited by Mobcat94

Are all these driver transfers happening from Doing the f2 series ???

I skipped it and havent had any yet and im up to canada....