Silly mid-season driver transfers..

8 minutes ago, LukeShaw777 said:

Are all these driver transfers happening from Doing the f2 series ???

I skipped it and havent had any yet and im up to canada....

Nope also skipped the F2 series (dont want butler and weber)

-> Hamilton switched to Renault. Replaced RIC (both 1st driver of the team...) RIC lost his seat in F1. Hamilton was replaced by GASLY xD xD xD

28 minutes ago, LukeShaw777 said:

Are all these driver transfers happening from Doing the f2 series ???

I skipped it and havent had any yet and im up to canada....

It has nothing to do with it. The transfers happen during one of the negotiation periods, so  look for it to happen either before Austria, Belgium or Japan.

On 8/8/2019 at 4:17 PM, Camza2011 said:

Can you show a screenshot of that, Loads of people have said stuff like that but I havent actually seen a screenshot of it .

Here are the screens from Austria FP3 in Career Mode

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

For me there is no point in wasting my money on this game. How did this get through QA? Why was this implemented mid-season and not end of season?

Drivers and teams have contracts. F1 drivers, so far as I'm aware sign deals for year(s), not every 4 races! Unless that is, a signed driver has an accident or injury which means he can't drive. The reserve driver then steps in or a free agent may be employed on a temporary contract. I remember Ferrari did this many years ago, perhaps when Shumacher broke his leg at Silverstone, or the Massa injury at Hungary. I forget the drivers name but he was a Ferrari test driver and turned out to be shockingly bad.

If a driver is under contract to a team that's it and of story for the duration, unless a clause is activated, or terminated by mutual consent. I understand Riccardo signed to Renault with a clause he could go to Mercedes or Ferrari if a seat became free. RBR and Torro Rosso are unique on the grid and swaps between the two should be possible.

Contract negotiations every four races is a joke, maybe a performance review and perks changed. Contract lengths and clauses/perks need a serious overhaul in the game. Offers given as in previous games perhaps rather than the free reign given now.

Edited by ChasteWand
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

I was excited for this until I experienced it myself.. Joined Renault with Ric as my team mate, very first contract renewal he moves to Haas! Gutting! I literally moved there to be his team mate 😂 Though it was a smart move performance wise as for some reason the Haas and Racing Point are contenders with Red Bull.. Performance is odd, switches are harsh when you join a team because of a driver, low team department morale or lack of Q&A on it even for performing well is very annoying!

Make it so if you are 1st driver for a team and doing well you have an influence on who the team head hunt..

Edited by ChironTheseus
Additional detail
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

On second thought, leave the silly mid season transfers in but just for RBR and Torro Rosso 😛

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Haha 2

Well look what has just been announced Albon to Red Bull And Gasley has been demoted back to Toro Rosso

Personally i think that is a stupid transfer but there we go

Gasly - Albon swap isn’t a stupid transfer, if that happened in the game with Gasly underperforming so much I wouldn’t bat an eyelid. Stupid transfers are when the driver leading the championship with 5 races to go leaves the team and joins a different one.

I wasn't on about in game transfers

IMO in real life i think it is a bit of a silly transfer 

But the in game transfers doesn't bother me say Vettel went to RB or Haas or what ever, i wouldnt let it get to me because maybe next season they would be back at the front.

They thing that does bother me is when a driver moves team they still keep the same helmet  

I hate these driver transfers. I hope they get removed somehow or we can switch them off. THEY SUCK.

I know I have mentioned this before, and it's been talked about a  lot, but not for a while now. So I'd just like to try asking again, to the devs, can I please know whether it is likely that you will remove the mid season AI driver transfers in career mode.

Of course end of season changes are a welcome and brilliant addition, but it's the mid season changes that I am hoping will be removed. I'm sorry but I find it a ridiculous concept and I am still holding off buying F1 2019 unless it is removed.  I completely understand that my individual purchase of the game is not going to make an iota of difference, I am simply asking politely if it is likely to change or must I wait to see what 2020 brings?

Thank you.

Edited by kmw350
spelling
  • Agree 2

You have too wait for F1 2020 or F1 2021.

When they do not answer a question the answer is no.

I don't have to explain what the issues are with driver transfers.

Frustration is mounting because questions are not answered on this forum.

For me is is simple. If this question is not anwered soon I will skip F1 2019 en F1 2020.

Don't want to give money to a company which treats their customers this way.

• Agree 1

So they’ve merged this, but not commented... doesn’t look good given that when they merged another thread about Albon/Gasly they commented that they were looking at it for a future patch.

Guess that means they have nothing to say on this, which as someone else says above, basically means they’re not looking at it.

Hope I’m wrong!

52 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Guess that means they have nothing to say on this, which as someone else says above, basically means they’re not looking at it.

As far as I understand they just can't promise anything, so they don't always have anything to say. Like in the old forums it wasn't even possible to just say "Noted." due to the system trying to prevent spam 😛 

4 hours ago, UP100 said:

As far as I understand they just can't promise anything, so they don't always have anything to say. Like in the old forums it wasn't even possible to just say "Noted." due to the system trying to prevent spam 😛 

It is becoming very disrespectful from Codemasters. They read my question, merge it with another thread, but don't answer the question! 

How hard is it to tell if there is a possibilty they patch it or not?

If they already know it won't be patched just say it!

No is also an anwer. But do not ignore or disrespect your customers.

This way it would be better if another publisher gets the f1 licence.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

18 minutes ago, MisterX said:

How hard is it to tell if there is a possibilty they patch it or not?

Everything has the possibility of being patched, but those who are not in charge of planning for the updates don't know if they have time to patch the issue.

19 minutes ago, MisterX said:

If they already know it won't be patched just say it!

What if they just... don't know? Codemasters is not a single person or anything.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Could just be my career but it seems the silly mid season transfers have been turned right down. I'm in season 3 now Md I've only had 2 mid season moves.

• Agree 1

On 9/27/2019 at 2:19 PM, kalamazoo123 said:

So they’ve merged this, but not commented..

My apologies. I merged this thread and then got caught up in meetings. We are currently looking into the driver transfers within career and hope to have something in one of the upcoming patches - unfortunately I can't yet confirm when that will be but know that we are looking at the system. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, RedDevilKT said:

My apologies. I merged this thread and then got caught up in meetings. We are currently looking into the driver transfers within career and hope to have something in one of the upcoming patches - unfortunately I can't yet confirm when that will be but know that we are looking at the system. 

It would be great to have it as an option to toggle it On or Off. This will be the best way for everyone in my opinion.

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

It would be great to have it as an option to toggle it On or Off. This will be the best way for everyone in my opinion.

I don't agree with this.

The best solution, in my opinion would be a much more complex, nuanced system which made driver transfers more realistic (and in doing so far less frequent, especially mid season).

A very simplistic workaround if CM can’t manage this would be an on/off toggle so people can basically choose between having a “feature” that doesn’t work very well, or not having that feature at all.

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, GioProductions said:

That would probably the best we can hope for for F1 2019.

For me the best option would be to have three options:

1 No driver transfers

2 Only driver transfers at the end of season/ before start new season

3 Driver transfers mid season and at thw end of season/ before start season

When the driver transfers at the end of season/ before start of season are more realistic and would not happen too often I would be happy to choose option 2.

But I guess it will be too much work to change that for F1 2019. So the most simple solution to implement would be to simply toggle it on or off.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, GioProductions said:

Yeah an on off toggle would be the best option I think as I'm OK with it and don't mind how it's working. TBH the transfer system was the main reason why I bought this years game so if it got removed I'd likely abandon the game and likely go back to just playing 2018.

On 9/30/2019 at 9:44 AM, GioProductions said:

If that' s the best they can do then I agree. But for me, the end of season transfers are a great feature, so I really hope they can fix it so that only the mid season changes are removed.