Update 6 feedback hub

Hey all 🙂

With Update 6 launching yesterday, I'm creating this thread to collate any and all player feedback following U6! To confirm, here are the release notes for what's new in this update: 

- The Season Championship rewards for the halfway point of this GP Events season are now revealed, including the chance to win the official #F1 NEEEUM car livery for your garage. There’s not long to go to until the mid-season point, so get racing!

- The official chassis of each of this season’s FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP teams are now in F1® Mobile Racing. The regulation chassis for each team will be replaced with the official version in this update, with no purchase or action required.

- Feel the track with Haptic feedback for selected compatible devices! Adding a new level of immersion to F1® Mobile Racing, experience feedback from your device to take your experience to the next level.

- We’re adding more ways for players to improve your GP Event scores whilst the event is live. A race reset options means you can restart the Race Series whilst competing in it, giving you another chance to reduce race times and boost your score.

-Further technical and visual improvements, including updated UI in multiple areas, and gameplay tweaks based on community feedback.

- Check the Shop regularly for more frequent store offers for all kinds of items, including in-game currency and official car packs!

We're already investigating and discussing the feedback we're seeing so far, but some of it is conflicting or doesn't have full information. So, if you spot anything you're unsure about, chuck it in this thread, give as much detail as you can, and we'll look into it. In the meantime, enjoy Update 6! 🙂

@ChrisGrovesMCM, this is tiring. You know what would make us believe our feedback matters? Fixing the issues we’ve been complaining about since launch. You would’ve demonstrated how highly you regard our feedback if U6 addressed important things that materially affect our enjoyment of the game like:

- Over-steering

- Bumpy tracks

- Screen freezes

- Unfair penalty system

- Unnecessarily aggressive AI

- Glitches like clutch dropping, flying, driving underground, getting stuck in walls/barriers, etc.

Had these and other often-complained about issues being the focus of U6, we wouldn’t feel so dejected and, who knows, you might receive a flurry of positive feedback on this forum for the first time since game launch. If you want us to care about your feedback requests, does it make sense to show us you care about our feedback by fixing these issues in U7?

• Agree 1

The Bolded ones are issues that have arised/became worse after update 6 and I feel this should fixed ASAP!!!

Graphics:
my wheels stop rotating during
races

- the game is very jumpy (freezes for a second and when
it continous it restarts down the road) you have to guess

when to turn or brake etc.
bumpy tracks... I appreciate that some tracks are
bumpy but in real life your vision is different and gets
balanced because the focus is on a point in the distance
which you can't achieve with a flickering screen.
this
updates feels like driving with binoculars and makes me
dizzy and my eyes hurt and gives nausea ...
- the research box descriptions (research and the credit
count to finish early) are to small for the greyed out box
underneath
Racing:
car feel like racing
on rubber ball
... the car gets air and
wheel spin on the straight at 300ish km/h when going
over a bump
all my downforce I used to have has disappeared
so the
car looses traction. I can't drive corners in the same way

I used to without spinning.

Hey Chris,

I didn't play F1MR for quite a while and just came back to check out the new patch which was announced as mainly a bugfix release.

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

-Further technical and visual improvements, including updated UI in multiple areas, and gameplay tweaks based on community feedback.

Can you give us a proper list about this? It basically says "We've done things!". OK, but what exactly?

What I see is:

• Duel start time and speed sync - not fixed.
  • Timing issues, missing sector times - not fixed.
  • Unfair penalties - not fixed.
  • Ghost car - not fixed.
    Cockpit view is still unusable in qualy duels or GP event qualifying. You can't see the track and have to go blind in the first corner.
  • AI - not fixed. I see some progress here, but it's still far from good.
  • Setups - not fixed. No point anything other than aero setups.
  • Car handling change - I'm not against making the car more difficult to drive, but whatever Eden did is not right. The car is jumping randomly on track bumps which cause weird shortshifts and longer brakings or just lauches the car into space. It's very unpredictable. Adding handling to setup does help, but it makes the car slower compared to pre-patch. That means every change to car control messes up GP events. I wanted to do most GP before the summer break. Now, with this car I'm sure I won't waste credits on it, because it's obviously slower than it was.

I think these were the most commonly reported issues by the community and not much happened with them.

Also, weird thing going on with Spielberg, read this: 2 ways of doing Austria. Can you explain it? My guess is that the sectors are different on Iphone and Android. But why?

Maybe next time... See you after Update7! :classic_smile:

• Agree 2

The only thing I see "fixed" is the red racing line but may be hard to tell with the new anomolies

Drivability of the car is much less realistic, drives like the tire pressures are + 100 psi.  Tires squeel on 6 to 7 gear shifts - LOL 🤣

As others have said bumpy tracks and gators that launch the care 30 ft into the air are worse.

Big step backwards from delivering  an F1 like user experience..

• Agree 1

I’m shallow... I just want to be able to turn off haptic

all the drivability issues and aggressive AI/players, don’t really bother me very much anymore, waste of my energy and sanity. 

I got a little motion sickness playing duels tonight from all the bouncing 🤣

• Thanks 1

Who asked for the bumpy surface? Has this ever been a request? I've been active on this forum since the start and nobody ever asked for a bumpy surface. Isn't this why staff monitor this section? For feedback from the end users? So many issues are raised week after week and with every update they are ignored. So what's the point of this forum? By now F1 Mobile should be near perfect, yet it continues to find new ways to create more annoying problems almost in spite of our observations and recommendations. We keep telling you how the game can be improved, but you treat us with disdain. I feel like a lab rat. Actually Pavlovs dog is more appropriate because I keep thinking that when you ring the bell announcing the next fix, I salivate in anticipation, but there is nothing there. Each time we get nothing.

• Agree 1

Contrary to some others, I do notice a difference with setup - in particular the first corner of Spielberg. So that’s good. 

An issue few raise but I have is that when equipment is fully developed, you still add blueprints to it. So they are wasted. Can I have those back so they can be used more usefully please?

Another problem is starting with a multi second deficit or advantage.  Spoils the game 

13 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Who asked for the bumpy surface? Has this ever been a request? I've been active on this forum since the start and nobody ever asked for a bumpy surface. Isn't this why staff monitor this section? For feedback from the end users? So many issues are raised week after week and with every update they are ignored. So what's the point of this forum? By now F1 Mobile should be near perfect, yet it continues to find new ways to create more annoying problems almost in spite of our observations and recommendations. We keep telling you how the game can be improved, but you treat us with disdain. I feel like a lab rat. Actually Pavlovs dog is more appropriate because I keep thinking that when you ring the bell announcing the next fix, I salivate in anticipation, but there is nothing there. Each time we get nothing.

I'll bet the bouncing is related to adding haptic feedback...

Incredible how they take one step forward an 5 back every release.  It was clear this was a problem half way through the first race.  Hopefully this is a hot fix tweak.

Just had a first race at Monaco, the car is in the air so much the brakes don't work half the time.  😂

is it me, or have they move the chase camera also? it seems to be far too close now. the car no longer tries to stick to the racing line with driving assist on also.

First and the most important - phone is ***** hot ! The optimalization since U5 is a joke. Currently on 2 years old top level phone (Huawei P10) i am able to run only 5 minutes on Spielberg, just before overheating and fps drop to about 5 !! That's the point to playing on this game with wet towel for cooling my phone before every race?

Thanks that my phone not support your stupid haptic feedback, which we cannot turning off when we want to play in the night...

I did not spot any "tweaks" regarding community feedback... @Xoloth described all of bugs which we announced and what can you mark as fixed? NOTHING.

And yes, every track have differrent sectors, but it is not divided for ios and android. Sometimes two players from the same platrorm cannot compare their sector times because of that...

• Agree 1

Has anyone else noticed that this game drains your batter faster than any other app?

• Agree 1

Instead of fixing problems with frame rate and improving penalty system you just added bumps on tracks. 
Seriously it's ridiculous.
Driving became less enjoyable. Sometimes my car jumps on a bump and flies into a wall instead of breaking. Also, gears upshift randomly on these bumps.
Please make it more realistic.

• Agree 1

On 6/28/2019 at 4:57 PM, tomsick29384 said:

This is a video of gameplay of Update 6 where the wheel stops rotating every few seconds,please fix this ASAP!

Please note that the tracks are very bumpy now.

This happens to me as well. 😩

Hi,

Indeed, tracks are quite bumpy now, making you lose control in curbs. Not great.

About haptic, what devices are compatible? Doesn’t work on my iphone 6s. Would love to have it.

PS: New liveries are awesome 😎

Thanks

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Update 1.12.6 - issues (as posted before this one was create)

By akajk88,  Friday at 08:33 in Technical Assistance 

I'm struggling to believe that these updates are actually tested before being released. From the start I found graphic issues (sooooo obvious) and have major issues with racing. Here are a few examples:

Graphics:

- my wheels stop rotating during races

- the game is very jumpy (freezes for a second and when it continous it restarts down the road) you have to guess when to turn or brake etc.

- bumpy tracks ... I appreciate that some tracks are bumpy but in real life your vision is different and gets balanced because the focus is on a point in the distance which you can’t achieve with a flickering screen ... this updates feels like driving with binoculars and makes me dizzy and my eyes hurt and gives nausea ...

- the research box descriptions (research and the credit count to finish early) are to small for the greyed out box underneath

Racing:

- car feel like racing on rubber ball ... the car gets air and wheel spin on the straight at 300ish km/h when going over a bump

- all my downforce I used to have has disappeared so the car looses traction. I can't drive corners in the same way I used to without spinning.

- kerbs and the white lines along the track are now made of ice. touch them with a single wheel and the car spins off violently.

this is the first impression of a game which I still believe could & should be the best F1 game ever.

I can't see any improvements with this update unfortunately.

All the issues with unfair penalties (being penalised for other people crashing into you etc.), opponent jumping all over the place (I've been catapulted high up in the air many times by an opponent disappearing and suddenly reappearing underneath me or an AI car) , unrealistic AI (not using brakes and just crashing into you, slowing down in the acceleration zone of corners etc.), no option to switch off the GHOST car (if you actually watch F1 you know how critical it is for the driver to get send out on a clear track with NO distraction to get the best qualifying lap) are still unchanged.

DEAR CODEMASTER 

can you please concentrate on fixing the know issues with the driving experience (as above) and not on where the bumps are on the track etc. 

Thank you

PS: I'm playing on an iPad Pro with a 150MB/s connection (both ways)

Oh and one thing I forgot to mention ... why is there an in-app help if you don't get any help but only get told that you 'cry for help' is spam ???

Edited by akajk88
  • Agree 1

Do we have chicanes or speed humps? Canada and Singapore to name 2 tracks where skirting the chicanes could send you flying into a wall

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, elimmel said:

Do we have chicanes or speed humps? Canada and Singapore to name 2 tracks where skirting the chicanes could send you flying into a wall

It does feel like hitting the apex of the corner is a punishable offence.

• Agree 1

On 6/28/2019 at 3:02 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all 🙂

With Update 6 launching yesterday, I'm creating this thread to collate any and all player feedback following U6! To confirm, here are the release notes for what's new in this update: 

- The Season Championship rewards for the halfway point of this GP Events season are now revealed, including the chance to win the official #F1 NEEEUM car livery for your garage. There’s not long to go to until the mid-season point, so get racing!

- The official chassis of each of this season’s FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP teams are now in F1® Mobile Racing. The regulation chassis for each team will be replaced with the official version in this update, with no purchase or action required.

- Feel the track with Haptic feedback for selected compatible devices! Adding a new level of immersion to F1® Mobile Racing, experience feedback from your device to take your experience to the next level.

- We’re adding more ways for players to improve your GP Event scores whilst the event is live. A race reset options means you can restart the Race Series whilst competing in it, giving you another chance to reduce race times and boost your score.

- Check the Shop regularly for more frequent store offers for all kinds of items, including in-game currency and official car packs!

We're already investigating and discussing the feedback we're seeing so far, but some of it is conflicting or doesn't have full information. So, if you spot anything you're unsure about, chuck it in this thread, give as much detail as you can, and we'll look into it. In the meantime, enjoy Update 6! 🙂

Hi CHRIS,

it's a week now since the update was released and I'm what you've taken away from the feedback so far and WHAT IS THE TEAM WORKING ON to make the game enjoyable by F1 lovers.

So far the game has gone from a good F1 game with gigantic potential to the opening race of Ready Player One (you can watch it online)

I'm excited to hear your learnings.

Thanks

• Agree 1

Thanks everyone for their feedback so far 🙂 The team have been using this do drive priorities for the usual post-update patch, which we're aiming to submit today and potentially roll out next week. Priority fixes include: 

- Fix for temporary halts/stoppages in steering when in cockpit view

- Reduction in bumpiness for some track areas 

- Further improvements in balance/mismatches at the start of Duels 

Full patch notes will be added here when the patch is live, but I'll also post when/if there are other community-reported topics that are being addressed. Thanks again! 

2 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thanks everyone for their feedback so far 🙂 The team have been using this do drive priorities for the usual post-update patch, which we're aiming to submit today and potentially roll out next week. Priority fixes include: 

- Fix for temporary halts/stoppages in steering when in cockpit view

- Reduction in bumpiness for some track areas 

- Further improvements in balance/mismatches at the start of Duels 

Full patch notes will be added here when the patch is live, but I'll also post when/if there are other community-reported topics that are being addressed. Thanks again! 

Thanks Chris for the update.

Could I ask for an urgent fix for all of us who are racing in cockpit mode.

Please give us the choice of having a ghost car or not ... I prefer to race agains and invisible opponent just like the real F1 but I'm constantly impeded by driving inside the opponent.

thanks 

Posted (edited)

Also race starts are much better now. In grid start you can actually overtake some cars in front of you (which I never managed to do before despite perfect starts).

And I don’t seem to get those abrupt slowdown in sprint race starts which is great.

A bothering issue still is that on some tracks there are curves where I almost always lose a lot of time against my opponent:

- Sakhir turn 11

- Shanghai turn 13

- Suzuka S curves

are the worst. I’m wondering if it has anything to do with driving assists. My guess is that players not using them get an unfair advantage in this curves (I use full driving assists).

Monaco became even more difficult due to bumping track mostly. You really need to give a stronger penalty for players short cutting Nouvelle chicane. Especially players not using braking assist who go can go through it at full speed and gain some time despite getting a penalty.

And finally I’m still annoyed by those penalties given to the driver on the outside of turns no matter what. Doesn’t seem fair to me. Even if it’s pretty realistic when you see what happened last sunday 😅

Edited by Norrin78