The racing line is broken when using ABS

Posted (edited)

Currently, this makes the game literally unplayable for me. Even if you’re using ABS, the game stills shows the racing line for non-ABS which is completely broken as you simply break differently with or without ABS. I tried to showcase it here: 

@Faya

Edited by c3ix
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Well you’ve got two options:

1) Don’t use ABS (it’s really not difficult) 

2) Break earlier

This isn’t an issue and it really isn’t “unplayable”. 

Edited by dskxalive
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

1 hour ago, c3ix said:

Currently, this makes the game literally unplayable for me. Even if you’re using ABS, the game stills shows the racing line for non-ABS which is completely broken as you simply break differently with or without ABS. I tried to showcase it here: 

Try adding @Faya in your post, or posting in tech section,

Non-issue in my opinion. 

This is also why people slam into the back of other drivers in braking zones Online. Because they’re too busy waiting for a line to tell them to brake, rather than use their brains and brake accordingly. 

Adapt, switch off ABS or the Line and learn!

• Confused 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 5

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, matt231985 said:

Non-issue in my opinion. 

This is also why people slam into the back of other drivers in braking zones Online. Because they’re too busy waiting for a line to tell them to brake, rather than use their brains and brake accordingly. 

Your opinion doesn't matter, and people don't like being told how they should play a game.

Your thoughts on ABS aside, the video clearly shows an issue with the line (the games a day old by the way, and posts like this help improve it for everyone).

Edited by jordb_
  • Agree 7

2 hours ago, matt231985 said:

Non-issue in my opinion. 

Remember that all game mechanics have their own purpose. Racing line should always show properly where to brake cuz if i want to guess, where i should brake, i would never turn this on, right. If they wanted to make braking on ABS slower, with longer braking distance, its ok. But when i can't properly decelerate using in game mechanics, i call this a bug. Make braking slower, but make it fair for all users.

• Agree 2

no problems, just brake earlier, if want brake in right time you need learn use abs off

• Agree 1

sound like your issue is more about not using the braking markers place on the sides of tracks as a braking reference. Thats what you should be using to judge the moment you brake.     

Posted (edited)

sorry for the double post, my internet is throwing a fit.   

Edited by kevinkirk

Yeah also noticed this. I also feel like the racing line when breaking with ABS ist incredibly inconsistent sometimes its okay and sometimes completely off

• Agree 1

Its allways hilarious reading the "Pro's" opinions, shame they dont see a issue wilst using the biggest assist in the game, Pod Cam.

• Haha 2

+1. Just practice, I'm not a racing driver but my GUESS is sometimes real life drivers might brake a few meters early or late depending on the track and tyre conditions and it's how you modulate the brake pedals is the key so that you will have consistent lap times. 

3 hours ago, AScott said:

Its allways hilarious reading the "Pro's" opinions, shame they dont see a issue wilst using the biggest assist in the game, Pod Cam.

2 hours ago, wilnor said:

+1. Just practice, I'm not a racing driver but my GUESS is sometimes real life drivers might brake a few meters early or late depending on the track and tyre conditions and it's how you modulate the brake pedals is the key so that you will have consistent lap times. 

You both missed the point. It is always good to learn a bit more or try to race without assists, but that’s not the point. The game give you an assist to help you and it’s not working like it should. This issue should be solved. 

• Agree 3

Regardless if people think other user's should use the driving line, ABS etc.  This is an issue, the racing line should adapt.  I think it is a glitch of some sort as in rainy weather the line also doesn't seem to adapt for earlier and longer braking points even with ABS off.

• Agree 1

Im having simular type of problem could it not be tyres going to check later but I rember when first go out on fresh tyres I dont seem to have a problem its after a few laps . Or it could be something tied in with the rnd has any one suffering with it upgraded there tyres and brakes to see if makes any diffrence . Also could it not be the team your with . Im struggling with it me self but seem to be getting a better handle on it im sure its something to do with tyre heat or wear as the game is more on the simulation side this year 

10 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

You both missed the point. It is always good to learn a bit more or try to race without assists, but that’s not the point. The game give you an assist to help you and it’s not working like it should. This issue should be solved. 

And again obviously, but it appears I wasnt the only.