No Online Championship on F1 2019

I just got the game today. My friend and I play the online championship on F1 2018. We like this feature because you can save after each race and see who is champion at the end. I am very disappointed that this mode is not on the 2019 game. I can create one using the multiplayer unranked, but there isn't a way to save it and come back to it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

Hi there,

I've moved this to the F1 Games General Discussion forum so that it's in the right place.

Unranked game mode doesn’t save progress. Last year we had Saved Online Championship where progress could be saved in a multiplayer session. In F1 2019 you can set up a League to do this instead. Hope that helps! 

Creating a private league is what you're looking for FartingTurtle.

But I can tell you, if you or your friend crash in race or qualifying and want to restart, you have to play again from the beginning (training).

Hope you can maybe pass this to the coders, Faya

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

And for me the biggest complain is that you only can have equal cars in a league. You can choose F1 2019 cars if you set the league to private but you can't choose realistic car performance. 

Codemasters PLEASE change this!

Edited by KillingJoke197
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)

How can you add AI as well into the 'online championship' or league. I tried with a mate last night and couldn't do so unless I kick him from the league and it replaces him with AI. Realistic cars would also be nice too for people who just want to do online championship with a friend

EDIT: Upon further investigation. It would be nice to have the AI while using the F1 2019 cars. Not just the Multiplayer cars.

Edited by Blandyy
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, KillingJoke197 said:

And for me the biggest complain is that you only can have equal cars in a league. You can choose F1 2019 cars if you set the league to private but you can't choose realistic car performance. 

Codemasters PLEASE change this!

This a serious issue. Please add option to choose realistic car performance in a league Codemasters.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

12 hours ago, Blandyy said:

How can you add AI as well into the 'online championship' or league. I tried with a mate last night and couldn't do so unless I kick him from the league and it replaces him with AI. Realistic cars would also be nice too for people who just want to do online championship with a friend

EDIT: Upon further investigation. It would be nice to have the AI while using the F1 2019 cars. Not just the Multiplayer cars.

I use F1 2019 cars and have a full grid of AI with one of my friends.

In order to have the F1 2019 cars, the league has to be set to private.

Once the league is set to private, if you choose F1 2019 cars, AI will be locked to ON. If you set it to Multiplayer cars, you will have AI options such as disabling them completely or disabling them from the standings.

Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2019 at 12:29 PM, Faya said:

Hi there,

I've moved this to the F1 Games General Discussion forum so that it's in the right place.

Unranked game mode doesn’t save progress. Last year we had Saved Online Championship where progress could be saved in a multiplayer session. In F1 2019 you can set up a League to do this instead. Hope that helps! 

This is ********. You cannot even set the AI higher than 100 in League Mode. Just give a back the damn online championship!

Edited by c3ix
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Stevomock said:

I use F1 2019 cars and have a full grid of AI with one of my friends.

In order to have the F1 2019 cars, the league has to be set to private.

Once the league is set to private, if you choose F1 2019 cars, AI will be locked to ON. If you set it to Multiplayer cars, you will have AI options such as disabling them completely or disabling them from the standings.

Yes. But we want F1 2019 cars with realistic performance (aka Pierre Gasly, Lance Stroll and Williams to be about 4 lightyears off the pace.) We literally have every other feature apart from realistic car performance and it's infuriating.

Edited by joelbates01
  • Agree 5

If i was aware there will be no online championship, I wouldn't bought this game. I play F1 games only for this mode, no career, no multi, only online championship with two buddies. We play different cars as balance of performance and now, in F1 2019 it's impossible except playing one race by one race and write the result of each race in Excel... Private league isn't a proper solution as it's impossible to have the realistic level of the cars. I'm very disapointed :'(

I hope you will patch this because I won't play until that, and I definetely won't by next year game. Few years ago you remove the online career and now that... Codies you do all the wrong way! Not everyone play e-sport !

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Same here, every year I just buy the game to play a nice co op championship with 1 or more friends.

Hope they are gonna fix that asap

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Same thing here too 🤯. Good thing that I read this forum so we know NOT to buy this years game 😟

I think CM should not only tell about new game modes, but somewhere mention removed functions too.

Online championship is the only mode we play so we have to stick to 2018.

Do I understand correctly that online league is only possible with equal cars? So what`s the point playing league with some A.I. if the results are random?

Yeah equal only. The point is that there is someone who can ram you from behind if you get lonly on the track.

On 6/29/2019 at 12:29 PM, Faya said:

Hi there,

Well, sorry, but it doesn't. 

BTW:

https://forums.codemasters.com/forum/53-general-discussion/

I've been thinking about this a lot these past few days, and my conclusion is that this was done with intent in order to force us into using the "Multiplayer Car" online. Why was this done? Simple. So we pay for the liveries in order to keep us intrigued. I can't think of any other reason as to why this feature isn't in the game, and chances are I'm probably wrong. But in my opinion, its more than a coincidence that we don't have one of the major features of past games the second micro DLC is added.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

It is a shame that they never announced that they will remove the online Championship Mode...

I played 50%Carrer/50% Online Championship. My friend only played Online Championship...we will stick to F1 2018 until this Feature/Gamemode is patched.

@Faya do you have any Infos if/when "real" Car Performance will be patched so we can have a "real"Online Championship like we got in F1 2018? 

Also will it be possible to change the time/weather and save between sessions? 

Edited by Mobcat94
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

I still can't seem to get the AI to pop up in the league mode what so ever. Even if the "Visible in standings" option is ticked or even F1 2019 cars

• Agree 1

I only played the online championships in the last 2 or 3 F1 games. And they're gone! Great! And this new league thing it's not the same thing. Some of the options are gone.

Also this thing I noticed with a couple of friends this weekend. We started a new league, we didnt chose schedule, I think we chose on demand or something. We had only time to do practice in Melbourne, because ya know, real life sometimes kicks in. And a couple days later we had a bit of time to do Quali, and the league was already in Bahrain!!! What's going on? If you dont finish the weekend then it's gone?

Can these leagues act as the old championship online? Or did I just paid for a game that I wont be playing much?

So let me get this straight, we've gone from having split screen co-op championship (which was awesome!), to online co-op championships (which were flawed but at least gave us the ability to play this mode), to online 'private' leagues only. What part of co-op =/ (does not equal) league do codemasters not understand? When you want to play with a friend at your own pace, you're pretty much screwed now!

• Agree 1

@Faya this is a thread with some very important feedback on private leagues. Could you please confirm you noted the mentionings in the replies like: weather, realistic cars, restarting leagues @Faya I think the league system can really replace the online championship, but not in this state

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

First time i have been back on Forums since 2015 Game crash got released

Not trying to be funny here but am amazed people still pre-order F1 games from codemasters knowing they will be in for some nasty surprises

But have to admit, split screen co-op championship was the best part of these games.