No Online Championship on F1 2019

Without saving between online sessions, the league is useless.

Unfortunately, without saving the game is unusable to make championships with friends.

I hope for a quick fix.

On 7/1/2019 at 6:58 PM, KingLion0203 said:

Yeah no clue why anyone could ever think that removing features is a good idea.

Because "we'll decide what's best for you" [money-driven] individuals are behind the software and not Formula 1 aficionados, and it clearly shows. F1 2019 'game' could have been so much more accurate and 'realistic', had CM spent more time and effort on it. I thought the premise with each new software release was to better what had gone before. Apparently not because F1 2019 'game' seems to have taken a step backwards, judging by its predecessors.

This will come as a new feature in f1 2020, they tell us with proud that they worked for 10 years on that game.

Edited by KiLLu12258
  • Haha 1

2019 is a laughing stock, its the worst f1 game EVER made, its terrible , 

Missing comon sense stuff from the start an the a.i in league mode anyway are absolutely terrible, 

Every race i get taken out by them at somepoint during the race , be it smacked up the rear an sent flying off to my impending doom

Or forced off the racing line even though I'm in it an its my line, then sent to impending doom again 

Or just have your rear hit with their front coming in or out of corners which sends you across the front of them to which they engage bulldozer mode an drive you straight into the barrier.

Either way if 2019 is a supposed to be a real reflection of real life f1 , its nowhere close 

If what happens in 2019 game happened in real life the whole grid would be banned for being penalised so many times they would of had so many penalty points they would have lost there super licence. 

One little touch from the a.i and your a gonner and there absolutely fine driving off into the sunset with no loss of time no damage an no drama , its like there driving tanks and there making manoeuvres like there life depended on it

Even at the very rare occasion they might go off track to they can get back on track an drive off with full grip no dirt on there tyres an not a problem but you.ll be left spinning in circles coz you cant get any grip ( I play with no assists btw ) its like the a.i have full assists , so not much of an equal playing field

Its a joke of a game i wanna smash it everytime i try play it.

And no its not my driving for anyone reading this thinking he prob cant drive, i.m 35 been racing in real life since i was 8 and have played an owned every single CM f1 title , (play with no assist something amateurs cant do ) and never had the problems with wheel to wheel racing 2019 seems to have.

Still no save between league sessions either an no word of when this may or may not change 

Advise anyone reading this if they dont have the game to seriously not bother you'd be wasting your hard earned cash

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

They give up on this game like me and my friends did. They got your money anyway so why fix stuff. How hard can it be to ADD a save button when you have 400 ppl working for CM. They laugh at us and will do it again next year. I have 2010 till 2019 and this will be my last game from CM i  will even skip GRID. Its sad we have no other option to play f1. I hope liberty media wake up and give the licence to another company. 

On 8/27/2019 at 10:55 AM, Jajb said:

@RedDevilKT

We still need in league mode

• Ability to change weather/time of day(afternoon, morning,night)
  • Ability to save progress between sessions like the online championship mode last year

Fix these two things and the biggest community topic will be resolved (10 pages, 226 replies, almost 13,000 views!) 

I'd add to that, the ability to restart a session for when the host computer crashes (not uncommon).

Have fun 🙂

Perhaps they will look into this for a future update. The main issue is being unable to save sessions, e.g, I would like Quali on a Saturday and Race on Sunday.

10 hours ago, kamsufc said:

Perhaps they will look into this for a future update. The main issue is being unable to save sessions, e.g, I would like Quali on a Saturday and Race on Sunday.

maybe in f1 2022

@RedDevilKT @Hoo

This thread is 10 pages, 234 posts, over 16,000 views!

The ability to change weather in leagues and time of race night race, day race, morning etc is needed. It so stupid having a league championship where its dry every race and the same time of day, Monaco at night can be selected, but not in league mode! These features as well as ability to save between sessions like F1 2018 is needed

•  
Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, KillingJoke197 said:

In Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 2 you could save during a multiplayer race. Those were the days. (1996)

in f1challenge 99-02 from 2003 you had dedicated server, you can drive into the pitlane yourself, also to the grid. You can set everything you wanted, you could also watch your telemetry in the game and so much more.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

...and yet another patch release and still no saves in between online sessions.

We've been back playing F1 2018 for over a month now Codies. Forget the liveries now, and fix the bits of the game people want please

Yeah this is just beyond a joke now. No saves no weather / time of day ,  a.i still drive there tanks terrible, its jittery , sound goes sometimes. Or menu sounds from xp bar stick on an annoy the .... out of you.

Game is utter dog ...

CM just need to do one . Last time they take my money for sure , 

Worst f1 game EVER! Thats the facts. 

But look ar my custom car design. ........ whoopie , great extra if the game worked properly in the 1st place . Whichit doest an never did and now never will.

We are wasting our time here , we need to lobby liberty media 

• Agree 1

Might sound a bit melodramatic here, but I've have completely lost faith in Codies with this. I've been playing your games since starting in the 80s with my Spectrum (BMX Simulator & Dizzy!!), and always buy your racing games, so naturally was planning on getting the new GRID but sorry to say I think ill be holding back my money on this and any further Codies releases now.

The fact i am still playing F1 2018, 2 months after release of the 2019 edition, because its so bad compared to 2018 and missing loads of functions from it, is complete insanity. No updates from you or any of your forum minions for weeks now on this thread, and when updates for the game have come out, its for stuff wouldn't care about or even notice (like livery changes). 

Bad form Codemasters. I'm getting the impression that if the other users on this thread are like me, then you'll be losing a lot of sales for your upcoming stuff......

8 minutes ago, WookieUK said:

Might sound a bit melodramatic here, but I've have completely lost faith in Codies with this. I've been playing your games since starting in the 80s with my Spectrum (BMX Simulator & Dizzy!!), and always buy your racing games, so naturally was planning on getting the new GRID but sorry to say I think ill be holding back my money on this and any further Codies releases now.

The fact i am still playing F1 2018, 2 months after release of the 2019 edition, because its so bad compared to 2018 and missing loads of functions from it, is complete insanity. No updates from you or any of your forum minions for weeks now on this thread, and when updates for the game have come out, its for stuff wouldn't care about or even notice (like livery changes). 

Bad form Codemasters. I'm getting the impression that if the other users on this thread are like me, then you'll be losing a lot of sales for your upcoming stuff......

I think in future 2018 will be held up as a kind of 'classic' F1 game. I hated the halo myself but everything else (except safety car of course) pretty much worked fine (oh career upgrades broken too but at least 3 seasons were fun). 2017 was also a blast albeit a little simplistic with no ERS management. Both these games took the idea of fun seriously (paradoxical I know! ). 

2011 , 2012 an 2013 we're good too had alot of fun on them , gone downhill since with 2019 being the low of low.

Still no saves between sessions in leagues , a.i still drive rubbish ( defending that racing line they dont come off it ever even if your there they will just take the line and you will get pushed out or spun off, they hit you in the rear under braking if your early on the brakes , they constantly hit your rear wheel on entry an make you spin across the front off them ) 

And they're still driving tanks not f1 cars , ( 1 touch from them your in big trouble and there hmmm absolutely fine like they never even felt it , and going back to the race line and them having it no matter what , they will just bulldoze you off the line without a problem , you try hold your own and it only ever ends up with .....race ruined )

After 1.10 they seem more jittery jumpy ( 1 sec there 2 car lengths in front then the next your on the g-box slamming the brake not to smash into them ) , which makes the above problems worse 

There's no fun in 2019 just frustration its sooooo sad 😞

but hey did you check out my cool car design an my non standard race suit etc blah blah blah, and pick up on all those sticker changes on the 2019 cars or slight bodywork tweeks , 

On 7/15/2019 at 10:07 AM, RedDevilKT said:

Hi Everyone, 

I've merged a couple of threads regarding the same issue as I'd like to keep the discussion in one thread. 

We are listening to your feedback regarding this and other issues raised and feeding it back to the team on a regular basis. We are investigating potential adjustments based on it but we cannot commit to when or if these changes make it into the game as a result of our process. 

We will let you know once we have more information that we can share. 

Thanks! 

@RedDevilKT

Any update on your topic feedback of 15th of July 2019? It's almost 3 months now.

Thanks in advance. 

• Agree 2

The 'funniest' bit in all this is that I've actually spent more time on this forum since the game released than i have on the actual game itself.....

@Faya - any news from the Devs on saving between sessions (and other items mentioned above) yet please?

I am newish to F1 and online championship sounds bit better than league racing.

Does the online have car problems like in career?

like your drs don't operate or your gear box gets worn?

Does it go through the same test in career like ers tyre wear etc?

If it does I need to find friend to start this with..

The above should be available online if it's not!

Simple answer is no. League is nothing like career. There is no online champ this was in 2018 not 2019 .2019 is called league racing and doesn't feature half the options online championship did or co-op championship did from a few years ago

No r&d , no car failures or component wear

Hell you dont even get to save between practise qualy an the race . Its the whole race week end in one hit or nothing . 

My advise is dont bother with league racing Its career or multiplayer in 2019 

League racing just dont work it hasn't since day 1 and we are months on now and it still does not function correctly with basic settings available. 

You picked a bad time to be new ish to f1. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, WookieUK said:

The 'funniest' bit in all this is that I've actually spent more time on this forum since the game released than i have on the actual game itself.....

@Faya - any news from the Devs on saving between sessions (and other items mentioned above) yet please?

Me too! Actually been almost 4 months since I last played any F1 game. It's just that I love F1 so much and like many others here really want to help guide the series to racing nirvana one day that keeps me checking in daily and commenting. Plus of course debating new ideas and current problems with some very interesting people here is much more fun and productive than playing the games themselves... 

Hello to all.

I am writing here because i'm new to the recent F1 games (the last one i played was on  Xbox 360), and i want to buy one of them for XBOX ONE X. I am particularly interested in make a coop championship together with a friend while playing in the same Team, however, after i read this topic, i am a little bit confused. Could someone explain me better which are the differences (after the patch) between the "Championship Online" of the F1 2018 and the LEAGUE of F1 2019?

Basically what we need is the possibility to perform a complete championship together, as 2 player of the same F1 Team. Excluding us we want to race with real cars (Ferrari, Mercedes, ecc.ecc.ecc) with realistic performance (not equal cars). Moreover we want a dynamic weather, progresses save, the possibilities to set the degree of simulation for our cars (for example no ABS or no Traction control) and the possibility to set personal strategies for the race (pit-stop or fuel ecc.ecc.ecc.).

Wr can find these features in F1 2019? Or only in F1 2018?

Please help us thank you.

If you want it to work get 2018 

Online champ in 2018 and league in 2019 is basically the same thing , when you strip it back.

Just 2018 works and 2019 does not 

9 hours ago, Voradhor said:

Hello to all.

I am writing here because i'm new to the recent F1 games (the last one i played was on  Xbox 360), and i want to buy one of them for XBOX ONE X. I am particularly interested in make a coop championship together with a friend while playing in the same Team, however, after i read this topic, i am a little bit confused. Could someone explain me better which are the differences (after the patch) between the "Championship Online" of the F1 2018 and the LEAGUE of F1 2019?

Basically what we need is the possibility to perform a complete championship together, as 2 player of the same F1 Team. Excluding us we want to race with real cars (Ferrari, Mercedes, ecc.ecc.ecc) with realistic performance (not equal cars). Moreover we want a dynamic weather, progresses save, the possibilities to set the degree of simulation for our cars (for example no ABS or no Traction control) and the possibility to set personal strategies for the race (pit-stop or fuel ecc.ecc.ecc.).

Wr can find these features in F1 2019? Or only in F1 2018?

Please help us thank you.

F1 2019 "should" let you do all the things you have mentioned above, but for some reason these features were removed since F1 2018.

Your best option at the moment would be to buy F1 2018 - as Codemasters dont seem to want to fix the issues in 2019 unfortunately. The Online Championship works fine, Leagues in 2019 do not.