No Online Championship on F1 2019

Lol , yeah 2018 is cheaper too ! So win win voradhor 

You will just have to put up with last years cars an drivers and track layouts , but you.ll be able to play at least

Thank you very much for all your answers. I really appreciate them. I completely understand that the most part of you suggest to buy f1 2018 instead of f1 2019, and we will probably go for 2018. However, because it seems impossible to find anywhere specific informations about f1 2019 League, i would really find useful if someone could explain me better what ACTUALLY is possible to do in f1 2019 league for the coop championship (Xbox version that i think is the same of PS4 version).

I understood that with leagues is possible to do coop (2 player in the same team?) + AI champioship using real cars with realistic performance. It is possible to save between each weekend (but not between each day) and there is a final pilot ranking (there is manufacturers ranking?). Is there dynamic meteo? Pit stop and box strategies? It is possible to chose simulation settings (ie. ABS and traction control?).

Please could you briefly explain what actually is possible to do in League vs online champioship considering the last updates? Thank you in anticipation to anyone will answer this!

Its the same thing basically but called 2 different things.

Just on 2019 it does not work very well. 

Its better now than it was now upon release biggest thing it lacks now is the ability to save between practise qualy an race .

You can now select equal or realistic car performance  ( was not there on release ) 

The waether is able to be set to preferred choice  ( dry , wet or dynamic )

You can adjust a.i level , and you can choose pit statergy on race day.

You can choose damage levels , rules and assists 

Basically both 2018 an 2019 are the same thing with the same options just called different 

However 2019 just does not work as well as 2018 , the a.i cant drive to save there life and drive tanks not f1 cars.

You will just get taken out in 2019 then its race over if you have damage on an a.i set to a high difficulty level for the car you are driving and yes you and your mate can be in same car vs a.i in the remaining cars an teams.

The biggest problem is not saving in 2019 , so if you get taken out by the a.i theres no way of restarting the race , you have to restart the whole wk end / round

Doesn't sound that bad but you try play it an it soon gets old and very frustrating. 

Either you or your mate will get screwed over by the a.i at somepoint. 

Also you may do practice an then qualy have no issues then go to race and you will find one of you has no car sound then you cant race with no engine sound so you will be forced to restart .

Then the race wk ends weather will be different than it was before.

Also the a.i cheat on tyres in 2019 the screen will say they are on meduims or hards lets say but physically on track they will be on the soft . They even change tyres on the go. 

You can follow them and watch them change.

2019 is just **** mate dont waste your money.

I have had every title since 2010 and play with just 1 friend as it sounds you want to do . Trust me 2019 is the worst title ever. Read back over these pages an you.ll see that

Just get 2018 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vadar said:

Lol , yeah 2018 is cheaper too ! So win win voradhor 

You will just have to put up with last years cars an drivers and track layouts , but you.ll be able to play at least

OFF TOPIC SUGGESTION.... 

There is a brilliant mod for 2018 that updates all the drivers and cars. So you get all the cool things that work great in 2018 but also have pretty accurate liveries and driver performance from 2019. 

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR SINGLE PLAYER ONLY IT WON'T WORK ONLINE OR TIME TRIAL AS THE SERVERS ASSUME YOU HAVE CHEATED. 

But it's brilliant for career.. Saved me having to waste my money on 2019 as I don't go online anyway. 

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jb72s-f1-2019-season-mod-core.25837/

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

There is a brilliant mod for 2018 that updates all the drivers and cars. So you get all the cool things that work great in 2018 but also have pretty accurate liveries and driver performance from 2019. 

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR SINGLE PLAYER ONLY IT WON'T WORK ONLINE OR TIME TRIAL AS THE SERVERS ASSUME YOU HAVE CHEATED. 

But it's brilliant for career.. Saved me having to waste my money on 2019 as I don't go online anyway. 

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jb72s-f1-2019-season-mod-core.25837/

So we are all complaining about the online mode and your solution is to download something that doesn't allow us to play online. This doesn't make any sense at all

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RB88 said:

So we are all complaining about the online mode and your solution is to download something that doesn't allow us to play online. This doesn't make any sense at all

That's why I quoted a post about not wasting money on 2019 that didn't mention multiplayer at all. It's not supposed to solve the thread but help people out who read the post I quoted and save them some money. I'm going to edit the post to say OFF TOPIC which should make you happy? 

• Like 1

@RedDevilKT @Hoo

18,720 views, 255 replies and still no option to set weather and time of race (day/night) in Leagues or save between sessions so a league has to do every session in one night, so that's about a solid 4 hours! The F1 2018 online championship mode was superior

Also no keyboard button binding support for Xbox that needs added in a patch to match the PS4 version

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, TomAAA said:

@RedDevilKT @Hoo

18,720 views, 255 replies and still no option to set weather and time of race (day/night) in Leagues or save between sessions so a league has to do every session in one night, so that's about a solid 4 hours! The F1 2018 online championship mode was superior

Also no keyboard button binding support for Xbox that needs added in a patch to match the PS4 version

The ommission of these proposed features in this thread is ridiculous, especially as most of the other popular racing games and sims did have them for quite some time whilst Codemasters refusesd to add them for multiple years.

They can but won't fix these issues, either because of orders from high up and therefore a clear lack of vision and creativity, a lack of time or budget, laziness and or merely indifference due to us already having paid for the product so why should they even bother, that much is apparent.

Sadly they showcased another majorly disappointing decision recently, basically they won't even fix something as simple as car performance / team performance / driver performance, which can be done in no time by paid professionals, leaving behind yet another mess as usual.

Annual releases with a copy&paste nature were and always will be a disaster.

Guess F1 2021 is the time where we could expect a leap in overall quality due to the release of the next gen consoles Ps5 and Xbox Scarlet, which in return, very likely, will grant us a brand new game engine.

Jokes on them, if F1 2021 turns out to be another barebone tragedy as F1 2015.

Don't expect too much.

Edited by SturmDesTodes

@RedDevilKT @Hoo is there any update at all on this yet? Currently a huge group of friends / colleagues is thinking of buying the game for the coop championship. Yet if it‘s not even close to the one of 2018 it won‘t make much sense. Saving a session, resume it or even restart just the race would be kind of a must have. Especially for people who just wants to play a session after a long day of work. Time is something valuable for people with tough jobs and they want to enjoy their hobby’s in a comparably short amount of time.

Apart from this I am a software developer myself and I set up a lot of software development team, thus knowing how development, planning, iteration and prioritization works. So why can‘t you simply be honest and tell us if the above mentioned feature requests (mostly the save / resume part) is in the Backlogs of your software development teams?

It‘s pretty simple, if it‘s not in the Backlog by now with at least some prio the feature will never make it into production. If this was your prioritization decision, it at least would answer your customers question if they can expect the 2018 kindish version of coop championships or not - in the end you want to make your customers happy with at least honesty, correct?. So simply be honest instead of holding a carrot in front of our heads.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, slngr said:

@RedDevilKT @Hoo is there any update at all on this yet? Currently a huge group of friends / colleagues is thinking of buying the game for the coop championship. Yet if it‘s not even close to the one of 2018 it won‘t make much sense. Saving a session, resume it or even restart just the race would be kind of a must have. Especially for people who just wants to play a session after a long day of work. Time is something valuable for people with tough jobs and they want to enjoy their hobby’s in a comparably short amount of time.

Apart from this I am a software developer myself and I set up a lot of software development team, thus knowing how development, planning, iteration and prioritization works. So why can‘t you simply be honest and tell us if the above mentioned feature requests (mostly the save / resume part) is in the Backlogs of your software development teams?

It‘s pretty simple, if it‘s not in the Backlog by now with at least some prio the feature will never make it into production. If this was your prioritization decision, it at least would answer your customers question if they can expect the 2018 kindish version of coop championships or not - in the end you want to make your customers happy with at least honesty, correct?. So simply be honest instead of holding a carrot in front of our heads.

give up about that. game is out for 5 months and CM never added something that late. Maybe 1 or 2 patches will come which will fix a few things and thats it.

its not more then 10 mins of work to add those things, but the costumer are not worth that for them. Says everything.

Edited by KiLLu12258
  • Agree 1

You might be right, yet simply being honest and telling us it won‘t ship for F1 2019 would at least much appreciated and help in gaining customer loyalty. If you Google for this exact same question it pops it everywhere from Steam forum, to PS4 forums, to XBox forums. Can‘t be so hard to check back with the dev teams and reply with a yes or no answer instead of those not helping „we will gather the feedback and think about it“.

• Agree 3

Still no saves online but Halloween customisations? FML - I give up 😕

F1® 2019 PATCH NOTES – v1.15

Patch 1.15 is out on PC now, and will be out on PS4 and Xbox One pending first party approval. This patch contains the Alexander Albon and Pierre Gasly switch, as well as including our Halloween items! You’ll notice that this is patch 1.15 – we’ve combined this with patch 1.12, so that we can give you as many fixes as possible.

• Alexander Albon and Pierre Gasly have been moved to Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso – this will not affect existing career saves
  • AI Race start performance variance updated leading to slower starts by the AI on average
  • Mid-season driver transfer logic amended
  • Added options to disable driver transfers or limit to off-season transfers only
  • Addressed an issue with visual graining seen on specific graphics cards
  • Addressed an issue where FPS drops could be seen on PC
  • Cars being lapped will now ghost in online sessions
  • Teammate can now be selected at the start of a career
  • Grid penalties can now be seen during the pre-race grid rundown
  • Players can no longer re-join a team they were fired from in the same season in career
  • 26 brand new customisation items including Halloween edition items
  • Haha 1

I totally agree, posted the same on the patch notes. @RedDevilKT what about an honest statement on this topic? So you doesn‘t seem to care about your customers, but do you care at least about giving a straight yes or no to this feature request for F1 2019? Would be nice if someone of the team could take over some ownership for this topic - PS: „I do not buy any products any more from this company because they told me truth and were honest“ said no customer ever. Think about it.

• Like 1

Sadly, I doubt we'll be getting any league updates. I think it is too minor for them to look into it although it would be nice to save in between league sessions

Screw these leagues. What a complete waste of ressources to make such an online mode which isn't thought out at all. 

Talking about waste of ressources....I really want to drive with a pumpkin livery now.

Hi all, we appreciate that saving between sessions is a highly requested feature, we are still listening and passing this feedback on and we are continuing to investigate the possibility of adding this in at a later date. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RedDevilKT said:

Hi all, we appreciate that saving between sessions is a highly requested feature, we are still listening and passing this feedback on and we are continuing to investigate the possibility of adding this in at a later date. 

"Later date", meaning F1 2019 or F1 2020 or F1 2021 or simply F1 20xx?

Its not highly requested its a MUST!  

How bloody hard is it. Stop giving us **** we dont want and just get the basics right . 

This has to be the biggest joke of a game ever 

CM your over this proves it. If you cant add a simple save between sessions i.m amazed you even manage to get out of bed. 

Cant belive how bad 2019 is you should all be ashamed 

• Agree 1

Great patch.. all there is left is a patch to fix the safteycar and the game will be near perfect.

1 hour ago, GunDeviLnl said:

Great patch.. all there is left is a patch to fix the safteycar and the game will be near perfect.

Don't forget Car Performance/ Team Performance/ Driver Performance.

Cars are too slow in highspeed corners.

Teams like McLaren are too weak whereas Racing Point is too strong, whilst Ferrari id too weak on the engine and ironically Mercedes apparently has the strongest engine in the game even though in reality it's not the case.

Drivers like Perez or gasly are too strong, Ricciardo and Sainz are too weak etc.

It's like Codemasters are not even watching the real life F1 season at all...

Regardless of that, the ommission of the Online Championship as a gamemode is very disappointing.

#MakeF1GamesGreatAgain 

@RedDevilKT

Is there any information regarding  being able to set weather and time of race (day/night) in Leagues, as this is a massively requested feature, the 2018 had this in online championship. Its generating loads of complaints not being able to set the weather for sessions in leagues or the time of day on track day/night 

Edited by TomAAA

Hmmmm 5 /6 yrs lets hope they can figure out how to save between sessions by then 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:01 PM, vadar said:

However 2019 just does not work as well as 2018 , the a.i cant drive to save there life and drive tanks not f1 cars.

You will just get taken out in 2019 then its race over if you have damage on an a.i set to a high difficulty level for the car you are driving and yes you and your mate can be in same car vs a.i in the remaining cars an teams.

The biggest problem is not saving in 2019 , so if you get taken out by the a.i theres no way of restarting the race , you have to restart the whole wk end / round

Doesn't sound that bad but you try play it an it soon gets old and very frustrating. 

Either you or your mate will get screwed over by the a.i at somepoint. 

Also you may do practice an then qualy have no issues then go to race and you will find one of you has no car sound then you cant race with no engine sound so you will be forced to restart .

That is so true!!! 100%