No Online Championship on F1 2019

Yeah game really needs the same features that were there in the 2018 online championship mode:

• Save between sessions
  • Ability to change weather for each session
  • Ability to set time of day for each session

Frank85 said:

Codemasters do something! It is not possible that this problem was not found during the beta test. The concept of the league is fine but please fix the question of saves between sessions (at least by Christmas). There are many users who organize private championships online and who have had to give up playing for the saving problem.

Please listen to the forum users

Is is possible to miss such an obvious mistake if it was never tested in the 1st place or tested by the same non observant people who made it.

Probably people who dont actually like or follow f1 nor play it.

The game should be tested by real players players that have every single F1 codemasters titles , and platinum trophies for said f1 games

Happy New Year all. Just wanted to say what a "pleasure" it was spending a bit of time together on here last year wasting our breath - and that none of the wanted implementations have been done for us by our friends at Codies.

Hope your New Year resolution was like mine, deciding to not buy F1 2020, GRID, DIRT or any other Codies racing game until they stop making dodgy liveries for quick cash and actually fix the bits of the game that need it.

F1 2019, so much promise, so much epic fail. :classic_mellow:

#MakeF1GreatAgain

#SaveBetweenOnlineSessions

• Thanks 1

Lol agree wookie

I got so annoyed i bought myself a game thats 7+years old , Gta 5 an have gone back 2 that .

Lots of fun tou can play with your mates and its works!  

£12.99 too bargin , just wish i did this b4 i spent 65 on the rubbish that is 2019 

Now just a tea or coffee coaster 

But on the bright side its a new century maybe by 2029 they will have the tech to create a SAVE between session 😂😂😂

R.i.P codies pathetic 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, vadar said:

I got so annoyed i bought myself a game thats 7+years old , Gta 5 an have gone back 2 that

Wow, did the same thing myself! Played it back in the day in the 360, and was well worth revisiting. Rockstar produce some fantastic games, at least their AAA titles have credibility.

Edited by ChasteWand

Lol yeah 7yrs old an rockstar still updating an adding an its still working an playable. 

F1 2019 couldn't do that out the box and pages an pages of complaints about issues have not been listened too or fixed .

Just pay stuff an pointless rubbish nobody cares about has been worked on / updated 

A very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very poor show from CM

@BarryBL

Really all my congratulations to codemasters who managed to wait for the forum to run out without making the slightest modification to our requests! ...
still no backup possible in private league which would be practical given the mediocre AI which never moves of its trajectory and puts us outside without problem ... 
Worse it is we who have the penalties even when we get inside behind braking! In short, a catastrophe that disgusts us a little more each time ... 
The purchase of the next game is really not guaranteed!

Edited by Dehel

18 minutes ago, Dehel said:

@BarryBL

Really all my congratulations to codemasters who managed to wait for the forum to run out without making the slightest modification to our requests! ...

still no backup possible in private league which would be practical given the mediocre AI which never moves of its trajectory and puts us outside without problem ... 

Worse it is we who have the penalties even when we get inside behind braking! In short, a catastrophe that disgusts us a little more each time ... 

The purchase of the next game is really not guaranteed!

Not sure what you were saying as you blanked out most of your post but it's true the forum has finally died out, there's only a few posting these days. Just a few of us who care enough to be still around but doubt there's more than a handful of us checking every day for something to be excited about. 

When even the die hard fans lose faith and stop posting its a very sad day for the game and the community. With a seriously good game people stay interested for years. People had totally given up on f1 2019 after only 6 months apparently... 

Hi to any other die hards who might be still checking in! 

👍👋😎

Lol died after 6months, m8 2019 died the day it came out !

With a bit of luck 2019 will take CM with it to the grave 

Coz thats what they truley deserve for this mess.

Congratulations CM way to go ! 

So pathetic an so lazy , your true colours have been seen , everyone here has seen it .

Good luck CM employees in finding a new job.

Hello fellow lurkers 😉

Yeah its pretty sad really the level of contempt we regular players and buyers of the F1 game have recieved from Codemasters over this whole mess.

Reading some of the facebook posts you see the same thing, people complaining about saves between sessions, AI, safety cars and all the other items we've asked to be sorted on here, but Codies are too busy telling people what awards they are up for, or releasing stupid liveries that hardly anyone wants. (What really gets my goat is the people on their posts saying its the best F1 game they've ever played, have they only played this one then?)

I'm actually pretty gutted, F1 release day every year is normally a highlight for me, but i can honestly say i wont be buying F1 2020 until i know full well that all the issues from 2019 are fixed, i just dont hold much hope....

But ill (stupidly) sit here, hoping beyond hope that we get an update or patch soon that fixes this joke of a game - thanks to those of you sticking it out with me 😛

43 minutes ago, WookieUK said:

Hello fellow lurkers 😉

Yeah its pretty sad really the level of contempt we regular players and buyers of the F1 game have recieved from Codemasters over this whole mess.

Reading some of the facebook posts you see the same thing, people complaining about saves between sessions, AI, safety cars and all the other items we've asked to be sorted on here, but Codies are too busy telling people what awards they are up for, or releasing stupid liveries that hardly anyone wants. (What really gets my goat is the people on their posts saying its the best F1 game they've ever played, have they only played this one then?)

I'm actually pretty gutted, F1 release day every year is normally a highlight for me, but i can honestly say i wont be buying F1 2020 until i know full well that all the issues from 2019 are fixed, i just dont hold much hope....

But ill (stupidly) sit here, hoping beyond hope that we get an update or patch soon that fixes this joke of a game - thanks to those of you sticking it out with me 😛

What you see is the number of game sales versus the negative commenters here. Unfortunately, we are a minority. The only way to save yourself the grief and to try to make any difference with the Codemasters approach is to simply not purchase the game.

Do that and ultimately less negative comments, next to no blip in sales, CM continue. Liberty have their money for the licence, they don't care either.

I really honestly think CM will tart the game for 2020 with DLC. Why pay developers to write another crappy iteration, just stick liveries in for 2020 and make the 19 & 20 versions incompatible online. Job done.

Even career players could start F1 2019 and progress for 1 season into F1 2020 (then endless repeats of that season). 

Edited by steviejay69

I can't wait to see this new patch finally arriving, hoping it will be done in a practical and intelligent way!
Better late than never, thank you

Too little too late . Having too much fun on gta now . 

An rockstar actually reward players for playing their games not ignor them for months an months.

Until CM give me money back for selling me such a rubbish game that didn't work , I dont care for CM or what they are doing .

Will be the same story when 2020 gets released. 

Thanks tho CM Such a speedy fix well done great work lol

• Haha 1

For all the people wanting the ability to have weather in league sessions, like last years online championship mode or even a normal online race which can have weather, it has been confirmed that that feature will not be added to this years game league mode, they are looking into maybe adding it for the next game. 

On 1/30/2020 at 1:06 PM, TomAAA said:

For all the people wanting the ability to have weather in league sessions, like last years online championship mode or even a normal online race which can have weather, it has been confirmed that that feature will not be added to this years game league mode, they are looking into maybe adding it for the next game. 

....which rightly or wrongly leads me to believe F1 2020 will just be a re-skin of 2019 with a few features they (purposefully?) left out of this one, to make the next one different enough to qualify as a "new game"

Ah well - time will tell! 

I mean, i'm glad they've finally released some well needed updates for 2019 (albeit 7 months after release) because i can now play it with my guys on our weekly F1 session, it should also mean it has the longevity to keep me going until 2020 comes out, and i wait 6 months for all the missing features to be added 😉 

Maybe I'm too positive, maybe im mad haha

So ! i finally tested the update and ! Backup does not work !! it’s crashed our league for good ! The backup is well proposed after the free trial session, then Q1 and the game does not offer to move to Q2! .. impossible either while waiting for the end of the qualification or by giving up the session ... the game remains blocked on the times table , It stays on "awaiting player"

... we even redid a new league and we had the same problem!

I am disgusted ! 

we had to recreate a league from the grand prix where we were ... with loss of all points of course ....

Nout new there. When they make changes it 9 times out of 10 screws you current leauge progress

Its been doing that yrs its not an extra special feature just for 19

4 hours ago, vadar said:

Nout new there. When they make changes it 9 times out of 10 screws you current leauge progress

Its been doing that yrs its not an extra special feature just for 19

ok but even by making a new league it looks exactly the same ... impossible to go to Q2 ... so it's not just a problem with my current league, it doesn't work completely ... is that has anyone tested here? to do a full weekend with backup between sessions?

Just forget the game bro like the rest of us have.

We got done over on this one.

I haven't played it since nov its that rubbish 

Cant really be bothered to waste my time knowing it probably does not work.

I'll bung it in on Friday an see what the crack is , to see if it works or i have same as you.

Mind you i only normally do 1 qualy session not all 3 an no practice. 

So might be different for me 

2 hours ago, Dehel said:

ok but even by making a new league it looks exactly the same ... impossible to go to Q2 ... so it's not just a problem with my current league, it doesn't work completely ... is that has anyone tested here? to do a full weekend with backup between sessions?

We started a new championship last week (because we'd been playing F1 2018 until now). I think we made it through 1 race weekend (No practice, short qualy, 50% race) - so i hope when i get home tonight we should be in Bahrain which would mean its working as expected?

I get what Vadar means about being so fed up with Codies **** support and not wanting to play it now, but i've paid a lot for this game, im getting something out of it lol

3 minutes ago, WookieUK said:

We started a new championship last week (because we'd been playing F1 2018 until now). I think we made it through 1 race weekend (No practice, short qualy, 50% race) - so i hope when i get home tonight we should be in Bahrain which would mean its working as expected?

I get what Vadar means about being so fed up with Codies **** support and not wanting to play it now, but i've paid a lot for this game, im getting something out of it lol

I hope so for you ... I have confirmed that there is a problem they are working on .... but maybe it is only on the full qualifications

They've had nout but problems since day 1 

What makes you think they are working on it dehel.

If they cant make a save option from day 1 and its taken this long to sort but not sort as its seeming then i wouldn't hold out much hope 

I will give it a try friday i too tho do no practice short qualy an 50 % races 

If it does still not work then i will justbe using the disc as a very very very expensive coaster as thats all its good for

5 minutes ago, vadar said:

They've had nout but problems since day 1 

What makes you think they are working on it dehel.

If they cant make a save option from day 1 and its taken this long to sort but not sort as its seeming then i wouldn't hold out much hope 

I will give it a try friday i too tho do no practice short qualy an 50 % races 

If it does still not work then i will justbe using the disc as a very very very expensive coaster as thats all its good for

a response from the moderator on the post who talks about the update ... If you play in short qualy too, you may not have a problem ...

Well i might not have a problem, but if you are having problems its still not fixed thats my point.

Plus theres still the issue of the driving behaviour of the a.i in their tanks to worry about,  as i have heard nout about that being looked at or sorted