Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

No Online Championship on F1 2019

Yeah still buggy AF. We were meant to be on race day in Bahrain but it jumped us to China.

So we decided as a group to sacrifice Monaco and change the race line up, so that we could re-run Bahrain and onto China as before...

.. voted for the change, went back to the lobby, still China. Tried again. Same result.

So we think ok, China it is we will just skip Bahrain, do China then the game decides to update the league, and puts China as our next race.

FML every session in this game is a frustrating mess. eSports should have been a separate menu, not a replacement for the Online Championship 😔

@BarryBL Quite a few problems being reported here about league issues since update etc.

We really need the online championship mode from last years game added, it was perfect and used by many, can you speak to the team about this 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Ok so quick update. 

I put it on yesterday, had a crack 

Still no fix that i see.

Went back into my current leauge with my m8 , done qualy then went to race , m8 got taken out at turn 1 so we thought ok try restart 

If it does save between sessions we should be back at the start of the race.

Uhhhh nope we have to redo qualy again, so there is no save between sessions as far as i see.

Admittedly i haven't started a new leauge to see if the save option only implements after a fresh new leauge.

But i am over half way through a season , so i.m not starting a new one till the end of this 1 

If i ever get there to test i will update my findings. 

Hi @vadar,

If I understood the "Deep Dive Patch Notes" by Codies correctly, the sessions saves works as follows:

After a quali session, you can decide whether you want to go to the race immediately, or go back to the lobby (with the quali results being saved until you want to race the actual race). If you decide to start the race, there is no way back to restart the race again or something, that's not the point of session save. 

The point of session save is for players to have the option to have a break between Quali and the race (for example for a day like in real life)

Uhh well then its pointless 

Last yrs an every other years worked in this way 

Why change now ?

• Like 1

I can't see any reason why there are not more manual saves available in the GAME. It is a GAME after all. Would be very useful in Career and leagues (admin should be able to do a manual save after and before important events). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/8/2020 at 2:57 PM, vadar said:

Uhh well then its pointless 

Last yrs an every other years worked in this way 

Why change now ?

Like a lot of us have been asking why did they remove Online championship mode, it was great. There is space to add it back in this game. They definitely need it back in the next game

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, TomAAA said:

Like a lot of us have been asking why did they remove Online championship mode, it was great. There is space to add it back in this game. They definitely need it back in the next game

I bet they will represent it like a new feature in advertising for 2020... :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2Pacalypse said:

I bet they will represent it like a new feature in advertising for 2020... 😄

They'd be better off just doing a 2020 driver and livery re-skin for the 2018 game and sell it as DLC. I cant honestly trust them to get it right in the new game anymore 😂 they just dont understand what the fans want. "Oh you want saves between sessions eh? - Well, wait 7 months and then TADA have saves after 1 of the sessions but not the ability to restart, we good yeah?" - Epic fail

Edited by WookieUK
  • Agree 1

Codies just need to stick to the 2018 layout in terms of online gaming with mates.  This league rubbish hasn't been fully working and won't be unless they put some hard earned time into it. 

Get shot of it for 2020 and stick to the old way. 

CM just need to come back from their luxury holiday celebrating there rubbish game. 

Sober up an start to realise they dont know best  , and that die hard f1 fans want something different to what kids or general random players wanna play.

They need to understand that us adults have jobs an lives that get in the way of playstation , we need it to work how we need it to with save between everything we do incase we dont have time to continue 

Or just let someone else have a go at making it.

I have no interest in 2020 , and thats bad seen as i have every edition from 2010 onwards. 

Yes I agree online championship mode was best and Is needed for people who do not get a lot of time etc. Really need this mode back ASAP

Tried one last time last night to get this to work as we think it should. Its a mess. The AI is a joke (which is saying something compared to some of the other F1 games haha), the save still doesn't work properly - I've completely given up now. 

We're gonna stick with the 2018 version. 2019 is so frustrating we dont enjoy ourselves, which is the whole point of playing a game. 

Advice to our friends at Codies. Don't tell people you've worked on a game for 2 years before you release it when half the stuff that made the last game good is missing... 

And the rest dont work lol.

I see there was another update yesterday on f1 2019.

Not sure what is was for or ment to do?

But i.m having to much fun on gta 5 to care now my 1000 quid wheel set up just sits gathering dust now .

Thanks cm 

• Haha 1

Seems like it is very hard to make a save option for a AAA studio Loooooool. 

After making 4 new leagues its still not working, did they even test it? getting error after error.  
I bet a indie studio can do a better job with only 10 ppl working on the game. 

I am sorry to be so rude but it seems like out of the 300 ppl working at bugmaster no one got the brains to implement something that easy? just copie paste coop championship mode from last year already, how hard can it be? No one is using the leagues its totall **** and not working. 

You give us skins no one asked for. Money money money thats all that counts. 

No Coop championship next year with a save option and you will lose a lot of ppl. 
You tricked us last year but now its over for me, skipped GRID for a reason, out of protest........ amateurs.

pathetic 

Edited by RPJ1984

On 2/17/2020 at 9:15 AM, RPJ1984 said:

Seems like it is very hard to make a save option for a AAA studio Loooooool. 

After making 4 new leagues its still not working, did they even test it? getting error after error.  
I bet a indie studio can do a better job with only 10 ppl working on the game. 

I am sorry to be so rude but it seems like out of the 300 ppl working at bugmaster no one got the brains to implement something that easy? just copie paste coop championship mode from last year already, how hard can it be? No one is using the leagues its totall **** and not working. 

You give us skins no one asked for. Money money money thats all that counts. 

No Coop championship next year with a save option and you will lose a lot of ppl. 
You tricked us last year but now its over for me, skipped GRID for a reason, out of protest........ amateurs.

pathetic 

Agree mate. Really wanted to buy GRID but didn't out of principle, and now we've had to go back to 2018 for a working championship, i wont be buying 2020 until well after its release date once im certain that they've either restored the Online Championship as before, or changed the current one so it has all the missing options. That basically means Codies have lost out on at least £100 from me, and i know im not the only one. 

No matter how many car liveries and paid helmets they release, it wont make this game playable, as when i am in the race i cant see them or care about them.

My personal view, is they should only release one game every two years, and then sell a DLC in the years in between which updates cars, tracks and drivers. Trying to do a new one every year is obviously too big a feat for Codies....

i wont be buying 2020 until well after its release date once im certain that they've either restored the Online Championship as before, or changed the current one so it has all the missing options.

Lol well its been how long now to try get a simple save option in 2019 so I wouldn't plan on buyin 2020 till 2021 if I was you.

As for any other CM game lol I wouldn't buy a cm keyring let alone another game by cm.

As i previously stated ive got all cms f1 titles, well 2019 was the last for me , i.m done with them , 

They are clearly just focused on puttin pay items into the game not havin a actually working good game. 

Basically like most other things these days they just want our money an dont care what we want.

I haven't come across anyone yet that cares about helmets orrace suits or even slightly modded bodywork etc .

Real racers an f1 fans just want a good racing experience , seems cm dont share our passion 

• Agree 1

@BarryBL Can you tell us what was the reason they removed Online championship mode? we never got that answer. What is so hard about it to get is back? Same goes for the save option..... You guys did copy the whole game of 2018 including bugs but copy Online championship mode everyone wants seems like impossible to copy for you guys. Seems like you dont want to step away from the pointless leagues system that never works. 

I try to understand how you guys think but it seems impossible to understand for me and my friends.
Its all about the $$$$ nowdays in the gaming industry and they get away with it. 

bought a new car last week. What do you think what would happen when half the stuff in the car was not working????? Yep they fix the car ... We only get a big middle finger from you guys i need to puke about it. 🤮
Telling us you worked on it for 2 years 🤦‍♂️ .... another big middle finger.

300 ppl at codemaster how the ***** you cannot get it to work for once.
Games from 10 years back got better AI and less bugs. 
You guys dont deserve the F1 license, i hope you will lose it soon, time for another company to take over. 
The only reason F1 by codes is so populair because there is not other option to play F1.

Edited by RPJ1984
  • Agree 1

I conquer amen.

Terrible game, terrible lies,  terrible fixes or not as is the case,  an terrible customer service an relations.

If there was another brand making an f1 game i.d be there.

As said by rpg there were better less buggy games with features that work 10 yrs ago. F1 2010 being one of them ! 

So and is it back in 2020? Please let me know, i wont buy the game without it. We have 1 month left and still there is almoust no info. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, RPJ1984 said:

So and is it back in 2020? Please let me know, i wont buy the game without it. We have 1 month left and still there is almoust no info. 

I sincerely hope so, because like you, i wont be buying this game without the old online championship mode. We waited months for an update to the 2019 Online mode, and it was still broken, skipping sessions or not saving properly if you quit out and want to restart and generally just not working the way you'd want. 

Our small gaming crew who race weekly all discussed this a few weeks back, and all agree this'll be the first one we dont buy at launch (and wont even touch until we know the championship works properly online - or we get the old mode from F1 2018 back)

I hate to be negative, but they way they handled trying to sort this last year, i doubt it'll be any different in this one.....but I'm happy to be proven wrong - over to you Codies!

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, RPJ1984 said:

I feel the same. I think i will skip the 2020 version, if a good Co-op (like 2018) is not in the game. So we will have to wait and see

Posted (edited)

So?? Is this in F1 2020? We waited 1 year already and still no answer. How hard can it be?  

Edited by RPJ1984
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, RPJ1984 said:

So?? Is this in F1 2020? We waited 1 year already and still no answer. How hard can it be?  

I think the silence says enough for the 2020 game :classic_sad:

• Sad 1