No Online Championship on F1 2019

Hi there,

New to this forum however a long time lurker, avid F1 fan and casual F1 gamer.

This issue has prompted me to make an account and comment.

We simply must have online championship back or realistic car performance added to leagues.

This is surely an easy fix as last year’s game had the feature. So why aren’t Codemasters responding and acknowledging this massive oversight.

Please fix this immediately, preferably with patch 1.05. It really shouldn’t be too difficult.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

As above, just adding my voice to those who have lost the online championship. My friend was about to buy the game so we could do this, I'm glad I researched it first and stopped him doing so, since this is the only mode he is interested in.

There's too much forced emphasis on eSports and trying to make people play the game the way you want it to be played, rather than just letting people come home from work and do another race in their online championship over the course of a few evenings a week, picking up where you left off before.

Please either re-add the feature or simply allow more customisation in private 'leagues' so that we can have realistic car performance (VITAL for online championship) and other adjustments such as random grid order (great fun in previous games!!) etc.

• Agree 4

58 minutes ago, JSForeman said:

letting people come home from work and do another race in their online championship over the course of a few evenings a week, picking up where you left off before.

@Faya

Exactly this.

the ability to save between sessions and restart sessions was why online championship was so popular as you could restart if something went wrong or continue at another time. Cant believe this is missing along with ability to change time of day and weather for each session. Online championship needs added back or they need to add all these features to leagues

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JSForeman said:

rather than just letting people come home from work and do another race in their online championship over the course of a few evenings a week, picking up where you left off before.

...Correct me if I'm wrong, but the leagues literally allow you to do this? There is an option to allow the host to start the race when they want.

Posted (edited)

The problem is that leagues aren't as customisable as the online championship mode in 2018.

In leagues in 2019 you are unable to set the cars as 'realistic' performance. This is my main issue and means that you completely lose that 'roleplay' element of both driving for williams and seeing who can battle the midfield the best. Yes, you can make them F1 2019 cars, but it's forced to 'equal' performance and not changable like in unranked. Also, the general customisation is limited so can't have random / reverse grid orders or change the weather and time.

Also, though I've not personally tested, I don't believe you can save between sessions on a weekend in leagues (e.g. after quali and before the race) and if one leaves, or if you need to restart just the race because one of you made a serious error, you need to restart the full weekend, not just the race.

So basically our options in 2019 are

1. Leagues - forced 'equal' performance, very limited customisation for things like time / weather / random or reverse grid. Does however allow saving of progress and points as you progress.
  2. Custom unranked - full customisation possible but no ability to save between races so points are lost between sessions. Yes you can of course use Excel, but this isn't an issue in 2018.
Edited by JSForeman
  • Agree 1

Hello,

I am writing to you codemaster, To ask you if there is the possibility to put back the creation of a championship in multiplayer as on F1 2018.

I know there is the possibility to create one with the league mode, but it is very limited, like the single-seater in equal performance, and the difficulty in AI with 100% maximum. It is important to know that all leagues do not use equal performance, but some uses the performance of single-seater in realistic, to bring it closer to reality. Many people make championships in cooperation, between friends, against the AI, but being limited in equal performance, and having a 100% Maximum AI difficulty and not being able to create a real championship gash all .

Please, try to set up the means to have the performances of the cars in realistic, and to increase the difficulty IA in creation of league.

Thanks you.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

If someone leaves during a league session due to a crash or has to quit for some reason that season cannot be restarted like online championship. There is also no way to change weather or time of race (afternoon/night) settings like has been said. Also no constructors championship like last year either

best to tag @Faya this is a big issue and these points need addressed 

@Faya THIS ! Honestly, this is the biggest issue in F1 2019. The league system is bad! Race league events are going lost if you leave between Qualifying and Race. I'm driving normally in multiplayer with my three best friends against AI with 103% level. But the league AI is too slow for us, because you can just race with them on a 100% AI-level. If my friends and I want to drive a complete Championship, league is the only multiplayer option in F1 2019.  It's a shame! Because you can't save unranked lobbies where you started a championship with better options. If you leave the lobby, it's deleted forever. 
Fix it and turn it back to F1 2018! 

Absolutely embarrassing that codemasters haven't provided a single word addressing the lack of online championship and the extreme limitations of the league system. My suggestion to everyone is to leave negative reviews on steam, amazon etc. so that some attention is drawn to this problem. There is such an easy solution to a problem that many people are voicing complaints on, yet they refuse to give us an answer. 

Hi Everyone, 

I've merged a couple of threads regarding the same issue as I'd like to keep the discussion in one thread. 

We are listening to your feedback regarding this and other issues raised and feeding it back to the team on a regular basis. We are investigating potential adjustments based on it but we cannot commit to when or if these changes make it into the game as a result of our process. 

We will let you know once we have more information that we can share. 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

@Faya @RedDevilKT

Thanks for replying!

There would be 2 ways to help us:

1. Let us safe unranked games between races and sessions.

2. (Would be the netter solution) Add the "car performance" Option to private -> 2019cars leagues. (We got the Option in unranked Multiplayer games) 

I hope that we got some infos about this ASAP 🙂

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mobcat94 said:

@Faya @RedDevilKT

Thanks for replying!

There would be 2 ways to help us:

1. Let us safe unranked games between races and sessions.

2. (Would be the netter solution) Add the "car performance" Option to private -> 2019cars leagues. (We got the Option in unranked Multiplayer games) 

I hope that we got some infos about this ASAP 🙂

I think option 1 is the effortless. I will be exactly like it was in 2018. There are already all what we need except the ability to save progress.

9 hours ago, RedDevilKT said:

We are investigating potential adjustments based on it but we cannot commit to when or if these changes make it into the game as a result of our process. 

Ouch, that would be sad.

Also because that should be an easy and quick thing to fix for the team.

• Agree 1

Please CODIES,

reintroduce Championship Mode for online competitions.

We used it in 2018 and was amazing, because when there were any problems in starting grid after qualifying we could restart race manteining and freezing the situation after Q. Same tyres, same strategies. And in 2min we re-invite all the drivers in the lobby.

PLEASE.

@Faya

• Agree 3

This is what people want, its the number 1 question I keep hearing @Faya

@FMP_Gianlucac88 I have merged your thread with an existing one so as to keep the discussion in one place. Please see my above comment regarding this. Thanks! 

• Agree 1

@RedDevilKT

Just like other members on this thread I also renewed my CM account just to share my thoughts.

I've been playing F1 games from CM since 2010. Also, since F1 2011 I've been playing this game mostly for the online championship, back then it used to be a co op career I think.
You had the option to outrank your buddy when racing for the same outfit and that you got newer parts to enhance your car, that was awesome! Since F1 2014-2015 the co-op career was thinned out. Since 2015 it was nothing more than an unranked lobby that you could save. I was kinda dissapointed, but nevertheless happy that I could still race with my buddy and roleplay a F1 championship, restarting the championship as we got "promoted" to a better outfit. We recently finished our last season in F1 2018 to make the stepup to F1 2019 only to find out co op championship is gone… This really ruins the game for me. yeah, the career mode is great and all and I DO play it. Still, the place where I get most of my fun is an online championship with my budd because hey; social gaming right? Now this function has been ripped out. Only unranked lobby that you cannot save and have to jot down points or keep an excel. Leagues aren't even an option because equal performance and AI set to 100 max, we play at 103. Now this game is kinda thrown away money to me. I will play career mode... on my own… without friends… Think of what could've been. Is it that hard to create a save function for unranked lobbies? Every game until now had this function, why rip it out? You can't tell me that this costs many resources and code because it was in the previous. I thought these game meant innovation, how frickin cool would a co-op career be? The singpleplayer career that you can play with a frien? MAN! I'd pay serious money for that. Please don't let us down codemasters... the true fans of your games...

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, RedDevilKT said:

@FMP_Gianlucac88 I have merged your thread with an existing one so as to keep the discussion in one place. Please see my above comment regarding this. Thanks! 

Ok @RedDevilKT, we hope that champs mode will be reintroduce!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that sees this. It really is a shame they didn't even bother to allow the max AI level to be 110. Hope they bring back online championships.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Playing this game for almoust 7 years now and i am very disappointed with this version. 
Playing online championship almoust every day with 3 friends. How can you work for 2 year on this copy paste game and still manage to forgot this mode?
Removing the option to save in mulitplayer is another stupid thing. 

Make a coop carreer many ppl are asking for. How hard is it to make when you spend 2 years on this game? Most ppl don't want skins and stuff. 
The only thing what is left in online are 5 lap races. 

Listen to the community before you make a game. Dont remove stuff that ppl like when you can copy paste it in to the new game. 
Add VR ffs what year are we in? Your old games had VR its so sad and lasy.
The fun we had is over. Its sad and that after 7 years playing. 

Time another company get the F1 license 

Edited by RPJ1984
  • Agree 1

Oh no! I just bought this game. Is this a feature that's coming back Codemasters to F1 2019? Otherwise I'll need to refund, online careers/championships is all I wanted.

• Agree 3

This thread needs to be stickied to the front page and demand an official response from codemasters. I appreciate and understand the push for eSports but currently a massive amount of the player base is being alienated not having such simple features in the game. Online championship needs to come back. End of.

• Agree 7