No Online Championship on F1 2019

I agree this is the most pressing issue affecting everyone I know that plays this game. That was what 90% of the people I knew played online in this game

• Agree 4

32 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

I agree this is the most pressing issue affecting everyone I know that plays this game. That was what 90% of the people I knew played online in this game

A friend of mine is making an Excel to keep track of points... This is like we're back in the nineties 😜

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Luckysmokerings said:

A friend of mine is making an Excel to keep track of points... This is like we're back in the nineties 😜

The issue I have is the 'realistic' setting for cars. I loved how the differences in cars introduced real advantages/disadvantages that occur in proper F1. I always drove RBR and loved the handling then having to drive harder on the power-circuits.

Excel sheets can't bring that back 😕

22 minutes ago, Snappera said:

The issue I have is the 'realistic' setting for cars. I loved how the differences in cars introduced real advantages/disadvantages that occur in proper F1. I always drove RBR and loved the handling then having to drive harder on the power-circuits.

Excel sheets can't bring that back 😕

open a normal online lobby and you can drive with that. 

Anyway the should give us the option. 

22 minutes ago, KiLLu12258 said:

open a normal online lobby and you can drive with that. 

Anyway the should give us the option. 

Ah cool, so can just track with excel from there? Not perfect, but thanks man phew

12 hours ago, Snappera said:

Ah cool, so can just track with excel from there? Not perfect, but thanks man phew

Indeed! But we want a proper game mode nonetheless! It enhances the immersion.

congratulations! 

You ruined it again codemasters , i have owned evey single f1 title ever released on PS , as massive f1 fan , not as a codemaster fan.

It amazes me how every time you screw something up , how do you develop a game over 8 years or whatever an make it worse ? 

What you people need to get your head around is the f1 titles are not destruction derby or some crappy gran turismo played by all sorts of people an ages .

This for the most part is a game for the f1 fan . So start treating us fans rather than just annoying us.

We spend bloody good hard earned money on these games, and to some they mean alot more to than you obviously think.

You think we just wanna play multi player online with a bunch of randoms that you have no idea who they are or how good they are at driving an at the game. 

I used to love playing multiplayer back in 2011 2012 & 2013 , but on the same front its tedious waiting for people and settings an stuff being out of your control. I stopped playing this mode due to the time wasted waiting around an because i was sick to death of getting those drivers in the lobby that just wanna take people out or people from certain nations ganging up on people from other ones.

Anyway years on i now have kids and led a very busy lifestyle as most of us do.

So the ability to be able to do customised private online stuff with trusted friends who are also avid f1 fans is where me an by bud have been playing f1 titles for the last 4 5 yrs , 

We just want to play 2player but online , when we can , even harder coz we are on the other side of the world to each other so timings are hard sometimes. 

The year you put a proper co-op season in was perfect. Worked well an was enjoyable,  so what do you do remove it 

Ok so then we figure out we can do online multiplayer as a season choose all are options and we where happy.

We always do a season in every car starting at the bottom and working up. Good fun we dont have to worry bout people just wiping us out . And if either of us need to turn off we could.

Next time we put it on we'd be back where we quit out. Worked perfectly an now you take that out.

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

Do you even concider what people want out of the game ? Because it dont look like it.

So my big issue is new game = new stuff ok fine but take the basic platform an improve it , not just add an remove what you think.

I thought me an my bud was maybe on are own in the type of racing we do but seems from this post we are not alone.

There are more people that want just a private season with there close mates. Really the should not be hard.

Why spend time an effort messing about with the visuals of menu's an that stuff , nobody cares about that!

We care about the car dynamics and being able to try replicate real life with 1 or just a few mates.

So 2019 oh you can customise a car your helmet an that kind of stuff. Great for those who like that but that should be an extra thing added an worked on not put in a focused on.

This whole silly leauge thing your concocted this year is just TERRIBLE! 

Cars equal - why ?

No save in between each session - why ? 

A.i different difficulty to career - why ?

This is just basics after all these years really it should.be simple for you.

What you NEED to realise is not everybody wants some e sports **** not everyone wants to play online with random people and not everyone has the time to sit round all day everyday playing it.

To round up because i could winge on all day.

Listen to f1 fans , develop the game properly not go backwards , and make sure it works befor you rob us of our cash when you release it an its not ready. 

This is a serious issue as a guy who has spent hundreds on your games i.m NOT happy with how crao 2019 is. Its a joke your a joke !

Sort it out ! You have a duty to f1 fans not like we have any other choice . If you dont care about f1 an the gamers who love f1 , bugger off an let someone else have a go at making the game. 

By now this game should be the complete dogs dangles with the amount of time you have been releasing f1 titles.  

But its just not , have some decency an stop robbing us of our money then not giving a **** about the things we dont like.

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

Still not even a comment on this? It's a shame, the game is unplayable like this for me and my friends. Remember the code stream where they told us we can do the same like last year.

Well they lied, they forgot to copy paste the fun bit from last game. 
All back 2 2018 but it does not feel right. 

Edited by RPJ1984

Why is patch after patch being released and not a single mention of this?!

This should be an easy fix, either in unranked lobby or a private league option.

REALISTIC car performance and the ability to save needs to come back!!

• Agree 1

On 6/29/2019 at 11:29 AM, Faya said:

Hi there,

I've moved this to the F1 Games General Discussion forum so that it's in the right place.

Unranked game mode doesn’t save progress. Last year we had Saved Online Championship where progress could be saved in a multiplayer session. In F1 2019 you can set up a League to do this instead. Hope that helps! 

Will you be adding save game to unranked? You can see it's highly demanded. I dont know why they have taken the option out! We like playing realistic season with friends and that helps balance out skill levels. We cant play together now as the skill levels make it no fun and pointless. 

8 hours ago, Tgpartymarty said:

Will you be adding save game to unranked? You can see it's highly demanded. I dont know why they have taken the option out! We like playing realistic season with friends and that helps balance out skill levels. We cant play together now as the skill levels make it no fun and pointless. 

Yup. The league game mode is completely useless as there isn't an option for realistic perfomance, 100+ AI and mid weekend saves...

Agree its 100% pointless just  a WASTE of my valuble time. 

The idea is i wanna play with my friends , so we do a bit of practice, we do qualy boast or cry about where we came 

We go to race 50%ers , we start racing, an low an behold one of us gets wiped out by the a.i that are driving tanks ! They dont move and always have to have the line even if you are there. There to stupid to realise that.

Our normal rule since 2014 has been if race is under half way if we agree we restart the race.

Always worked for us we never restarted if it was our legit driving error as thats realistic! 

But now with 2019 you cant even do that coz IT DONT SAVE and you have to redo the whole weekend starting from practice, 

Great it you have time but **** if you dont , an even if u do have time its a ball ache for something that should be SIMPLE! 

Thus leaving the game pointless coz its a waste of time its too hard work just to do 1 race with a mate 

ITS A JOKE ! 

But they dont care they have our MONEY!  

Posted (edited)

Yeah it needs addressed fast because I know people who now will not buy the game and know people who are selling the game!

We need ability in leagues to change: weather and time of day between sessions, ability to increase Ai above 100, save between sessions.

OR

We need the full Online championship mode from 2018 back in the game (there is even an empty slot on the multiplayer page where it can go, see picture)

Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 13.08.28.png

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

Yeah it needs addressed fast because I know people who now will not buy the game and know people who are selling the game!

We need ability in leagues to change: weather and time of day between sessions, ability to increase Ai above 100, save between sessions.

OR

We need the full Online championship mode from 2018 back in the game (there is even an empty slot on the multiplayer page where it can go, see picture)

Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 13.08.28.png

Haha! Good point! We need it asap! I'm keeping track of points through an excel sheet atm. How amateuristic...

Edited by Luckysmokerings
typo
  • Agree 1

On 7/23/2019 at 3:40 PM, FMP_Gianlucac88 said:

@RedDevilKT

are there news about online champs?

Yeah I'm going to have to get a steam refund. My friends are refusing to buy it because it lacks a realistic F1 championship, which previous games had. Shame. Different racing games then. 

• Like 1

Yeah i wouldn't pay 45 quid for it now i know what i do let alone the 65! I did pay.

They really saw us coming this yr . 

Still beats me how over 8/9 years the game aint perfect ! 

So many good features come an gone in that time .

And so many pointless stupid ones kept 

Makes no sense .

Its like they try re design the wheel every year , i mean HELLO you designed the wheel yrs ago you should just be fitting new tyres each year. 

Stop with spending any time changing how menu's look an backgrounds , no one cares. 

As i said b4 how the cars drive & feel is most important thing and having the features so people can play alone or with selected friends or multiplayer free for all or co-op.

Graphics are kinda important but there's really neen nout ever wrong with them in my view . I dont care if i can see detail on buildings in the distance for **** sake i.m trying to drive ! My focus is on the track not the scenery .

Get handling an car performace an a.i right before pollishing stuff that really doesn't matter to an f1 fan ! 

As also said b4 we are f1 fans not necessarily gamer adicts or codemaster lovers !

For some of us its the only game we play all year !

We're not all 7 -16 yrs old you know !

• Agree 2

I was about to buy F1 2019 and just thought: 'let's check the Cody forums if there are no gamebreaking bugs at the moment or something' and I stumble upon this thread...

Holy ****. This feature's omission will definitely keep me from buying the game right now. Online Championships were awesome! 
I'm gladly waiting for it to come back and while you guys are at it: please make an option to restart an online race (by voting for example). How many times we've qualified and by some silly mistake or AI behaviour get our race ruined. 

The allready answered with an empty answer. 

Its taken tot the devs. Pls i am a software developper myself if you do this in a professional way you work in sprints. 

So we are 2 patches further and still not any announcement! The devs van estimate how long it will take to put OLD functionality back in the game. 

So i expect a response zoon with we have taken it to the devs and theyr going to fix this in the next 2 sprints. 

OR a response with a wont fix this because we allready have your money.

The saddest part is the announce everything they are making new. Trailers and spoilers before release. Its implemented bad and i think the devs are not racers orherwise they encountered all this problems before releasing the beta. 

Now we missing the online championship feature and have a broken new feature called leagues...

So codemasters when are you going to let us know that you are or arent going to fix this?

Posted (edited)

They already have leagues, all they have to do is implement the weather/time of day settings for each session, bump the AI difficulty up as its locked at 100 right now and add an optional feature to allow saves between sessions for the host. 

If they done this they would have the ultimate online championship mode as it would have the best of both worlds 

Edited by TomAAA