No Online Championship on F1 2019

@Chazzb92

I suppose my point is this.

Would you be more likely or less likely to help or interact with someone who shouts abuse at you? 

I don't really need to debate this.

If you or anyone for that matter is happy to deal with people being abusive to them then so be it.

I just think codemasters would be more likely to be interacting with forum members on a more regular basis if they demonstated more maturity in their posts.

The problem with the users here is people come on here swearing and being abusive at Codemasters and yet when Faya asked for help the other day regarding the frame rate issue hardly anyone bothered to respond.

So its evident that too many people here are more than happy to come on here to moan and swear but have no interest in helping resolve issues by providing constructive feedback.

• Agree 2

Oh wow, you can't do f2 cars in league either. At least equal performance would make sense there... 

17 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

@Chazzb92

I suppose my point is this.

Would you be more likely or less likely to help or interact with someone who shouts abuse at you? 

I don't really need to debate this.

If you or anyone for that matter is happy to deal with people being abusive to them then so be it.

I just think codemasters would be more likely to be interacting with forum members on a more regular basis if they demonstated more maturity in their posts.

The problem with the users here is people come on here swearing and being abusive at Codemasters and yet when Faya asked for help the other day regarding the frame rate issue hardly anyone bothered to respond.

So its evident that too many people here are more than happy to come on here to moan and swear but have no interest in helping resolve issues by providing constructive feedback.

Of course i would rather interact with people being more civil, i dont get why you are sticking to that point when i have reiterated twice already that i agree with you.

saying that, it doesnt mean that a voiced opinion should be ignored. Quite frankly codemasters interaction with us is actually very lackluster. the only posts i see from them are patch notes which are easily accessible and required anyway, and a few other cryptic messages.

People are coming here to voice opinions in numbers, and have received 0 proper response, Codemasters have pretty much washed their hands with this issue now and are just hoping it goes away, rather then actually update us or resolve the matter. I can honestly see them taking an EA route and just try and pump out as many "paid liveries as possible".

honestly even just weekly updates as to where in the queue this is to be actioned, or what plans codies have to implement this into the game would be good.

I honestly hope people start voting with their wallet soon.

• Agree 1

Look it was me who was abusive dont take it out on anyone else here.

Thats being as bad as me.

Few points i picked up on 

No f2 in leagues lol yeah that would have been a good idea wouldn't it

To some people and yes if you wanna call me sad then yep i.m sad its not just a game , this is my point 

If its just a game call it " car racing " or something not f1!

F1 is real an people that love f1 want the game to fully reflect that and be as real as possible 

True drivers also wanna drive to as real life as they can in terms of car handling and an race scenarios , rules etc etc

And yes tempers will flair when things dont go right , just as drivers in real life spit the dummy.

People put alot of time and money into " just a game " if i add up my set up as in what i spent i.m in at over 1000 quid ps4 , wheel & pedals , frame ,seat ,shifter , upgraded parts in pedal box , not to mention the 65 quid for the game

I dont have lots of time to play but when i do get time me and my buddy race. I dont go out i dony drink i dont waste money , 

For me and my buddy an maybe others on here racing with a mate is like going out somewhere,  a meal , an event, out on the town etc

Now if you had a bad experience doing any of those things you'd complain about it 

Anyway like someone else said we paid alot of money for a product that doesn't obviously work the way we want

If you went an bought a microwave or a car or anything for that matter if it didn't work properly you would be upset an you would complain.

Anyway as i said b4 no excuses for my words , but as i say someone will only get worked up if they have something to get worked up over.

That does not make excuses for me and i will again apologise 

As i said b4 too i just want to enjoy this game and my time playing it , i lost my temper yes , i over stepped the mark yes , but is there faults with the game yes , could CM maybe give us some better communication yes , would somone saying yes we can understand your issues and are looking into fixing these , or saying thanks for raising the issues but we are not planning on changing anything help yes

And for the matter on would you help someone being abbusive I agree no! But if they pay your wages and you have bills you have too at least try defuse the situation and try help.

I always got told the customer is right ?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

This thread has veered off course recently with some rightly felt frustration spilling over.

Again, I need to stress that yet another patch 1.08 has been released and still no fix or update on this massive oversight from Codemasters.

Am I the only one that couldn’t care less of the superficial updates to the nosecone, mirrors and bargeboard of a “flaming” Racing Point! *Disclaimer* - No disrespect intended towards Racing Point.

CODEMASTERS! All we want is the ability to have realistic car performance in a private session with your friends and also have the ability to save your progress!

That’s it. Plain and simple. Not in any way complicated or difficult to comprehend.

This feature existed in F1 2018. It was called Online Championship. Need I say more?

Edited by MShoemaker
Grammar. “Of” to “off”
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think it may be the time to lock this one. Codies already know what you want anyways. 

Nearly 200 posts and over 10k views. I hope that codemasters sees how important this feature is... I think it the biggest "non official" Topic/thread in this forum....

27 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I think it may be the time to lock this one. Codies already know what you want anyways. 

Just locking things does not help. We are not in china...

• Confused 1
  • Agree 3

I'm hoping (a big hope of course) this makes people think twice about pre-ordering in future. Would make a point to Codies that their "guaranteed" income figures have reduced and therefore need to start polishing their games before release.

What I will say is the feature has been removed but will be back with a bang next year as a "new" feature to bump sales. Can see it now, "F1 2020 now with online Co-op championship" emblazoned all over their advertising. Would guarantee all of you pre-ordering wouldn't it?! #gamedeveloperploys

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, martbloke said:

Can see it now, "F1 2020 now with online Co-op championship" emblazoned all over their advertising. Would guarantee all of you pre-ordering wouldn't it?! #gamedeveloperploys

This had never occurred to me. I sincerely hope this isn’t the case.

I have every single f1 title an i can say now i wont be pre ordering even if they claim a free gold bar 

After the simple errors in 2019 i am afraid i have lost faith in cm's ability to deliver a game that reflects the real f1 and has the features most seem to want 

8 hours ago, UP100 said:

How do we know that Codies are aware of the issue bar a few 1 liners from some forums mods? We have had 0 communication from them what soever, which is only alienating and infuriating people further.

this thread would have far less comments if we actually had some communication and feedback from the codies team. They want us to voice opinions on their game and how to improve it. Well here we are communicating - just a shame its currently a 1 way street. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/14/2019 at 7:39 AM, UP100 said:

That's unfair. When I bought the game and was completely confused on where the Online Championship mode was, this thread helped me realise I should return the game.

It is useful to people who stumble across it, as a warning.

Edited by Snappera

So lets hope that after the last "anounced" patch for august/september (F2 2019 cars/drivers) they will fix the major bugs and give us the online Coop Championship back.

The last years they dropped around 10-15 patches. This year we started on 1.03 and the F2 2019 patch wil be 1.09/1.10...so I think there could be major bug fixes/Coop Championship in patch 1.10-1.14....

Hi all,

Please note I've removed a couple of off topic posts. Thanks,

Really big oversight Codies, hate to say, because it's a great game overall but missing the online championship feature out has made this unplayable for me and my friends.

We've gone back to F1 2018.

...let's hope you patch it back in soon (or change your leagues to be more flexible)

Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2019 at 7:09 AM, MShoemaker said:

So patch 1.07 is out and you can now set league difficulty to 110 but nobody at Codemasters thought it would be wise to add realistic car performance as an option?....BAFFLING.

I just tried to make a league. Asking for realistic car performance, as in the team cars Williams, Ferrari and so on. That would be nice. Here's the issue though. How is that possible when the only car that's currently available is the Multiplayer car? Just saying. Do you think the On-line Championship will be added anytime soon? It would be great to have a whole field with your friends.

F1® 2019_20190815100943.jpg

Edited by Striker_703

51 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

Please note I've removed a couple of off topic posts. Thanks,

It is beyond infuriating, knowing you are monitoring this thread but have no comments regarding any of the issues raised.

@Chazzb92their job is not to answer every remark. They see and take notes. The community forum is for the community, not for the employees. That's just the way it is when you work for the company. Now they can message privately, but that's it. And if that may happen. What ever is in that conversation IS PRIVATE. Hence the word 'PRIVATE'   

15 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

@Chazzb92their job is not to answer every remark. They see and take notes. The community forum is for the community, not for the employees. That's just the way it is when you work for the company. Now they can message privately, but that's it. And if that may happen. What ever is in that conversation IS PRIVATE. Hence the word 'PRIVATE'   

I dont understand what angle your taking here? Correct, the community forum is for the community. Hence why we are all here voicing an opinion. This is the official codemasters forums though that they do monitor.

It would actually be less work for them at this time to update everyone on this issue - the thread would probably die off once they started communicating.

• Like 1

Hi all,

We are looking to add the following updates to the next patch;

• Leagues using the official cars will now be able to choose between equal performance or realistic performance
  • Leagues using the official cars will now be able to entirely disable the AI
  • League owners can now choose to disable voting, meaning they can kick/change settings/change track list/postpone events without requiring the other league members' approval. If a league has disabled voting, players will be warned of this before they join, so they can decide whether the league owner is trustworthy.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

• Leagues using the official cars will now be able to choose between equal performance or realistic performance
  • League owners can now choose to disable voting, meaning they can kick/change settings/change track list/postpone events without requiring the other league members' approval. If a league has disabled voting, players will be warned of this before they join, so they can decide whether the league owner is trustworthy.

Fantastic news and a real step in the right direction. thank you.

Edited by Chazzb92
word

2 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

Been waiting for this news, yay. Relaying this to my friends. Gonna buy the game.