No Online Championship on F1 2019

Hi all,

We are looking to add the following updates to the next patch;

• Leagues using the official cars will now be able to choose between equal performance or realistic performance
  • Leagues using the official cars will now be able to entirely disable the AI
  • League owners can now choose to disable voting, meaning they can kick/change settings/change track list/postpone events without requiring the other league members' approval. If a league has disabled voting, players will be warned of this before they join, so they can decide whether the league owner is trustworthy.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

• Leagues using the official cars will now be able to choose between equal performance or realistic performance
  • League owners can now choose to disable voting, meaning they can kick/change settings/change track list/postpone events without requiring the other league members' approval. If a league has disabled voting, players will be warned of this before they join, so they can decide whether the league owner is trustworthy.

Fantastic news and a real step in the right direction. thank you.

Edited by Chazzb92
word

2 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

Been waiting for this news, yay. Relaying this to my friends. Gonna buy the game.

I would wait on buying it till this has actually been implemented an tested.

There are still other faults like overly aggressive a.i an the a.i driving tanks , one tap an see ya your history an there perfectly fine , 

Hopefully the a.i being able to be set to real will sort out the a.i not jittering about so much and following each other in a big long train nose to tail.

My question is what about the idea to save between sessions in private leagues , 

Will this be being added too ?

As it really needs to be .

Thanks for the news faya , i.m glad as are so many others that some changes are planned 

@Faya Does that still mean that the AI's progress still doesn't save after each race in league mode?  If you're playing Co op then you want them to build points also. 

Is there any plans to fix the AI in regards to the way they drive while online.  They still drive like they are racing on their own and drive into you. 

15 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

Thank you for this info @Faya !

Me and my friend are really looking forward this!

10 hours ago, inspiretheworld said:

@Faya Does that still mean that the AI's progress still doesn't save after each race in league mode?  If you're playing Co op then you want them to build points also. 

Is there any plans to fix the AI in regards to the way they drive while online.  They still drive like they are racing on their own and drive into you. 

There's already an option in the league menu for the AI point scoring. The option allows AI to be present AND score, be present but DO NOT score and AI off.

• Thanks 1

What's it called ? 

1 hour ago, martbloke said:

There's already an option in the league menu for the AI point scoring. The option allows AI to be present AND score, be present but DO NOT score and AI off.

What's that setting called ? 

2 hours ago, inspiretheworld said:

What's it called ? 

What's that setting called ? 

It's just where you can set the AI for the league IIRC. There are 3 options there under the 1 AI setting.

• Thanks 1

My friend and me waiting for the option to save between practise, qualification and race. We are 8 people and want to drive full qualification and full race. The problem is that the only day for all of us is monday and all of this on one evening is to much.

We hope that mistake get fast fixed.

On 8/15/2019 at 4:03 PM, Faya said:

Hi all,

Thank you for the heads up, this is definitely a good change thank you codemasters

However it would also be very helpful if we had the option to save between sessions in leagues. Will you consider adding this option in the future? 

• Agree 1

On 8/18/2019 at 10:02 PM, FullSpe3d98 said:

Thank you for the heads up, this is definitely a good change thank you codemasters

However it would also be very helpful if we had the option to save between sessions in leagues. Will you consider adding this option in the future? 

Agree on this. Yesterday we played for 1h 45 min. Practice and qualify were finished and then game crashed for two players when going into race session. They couldn't join the session again, so almost two hours wasted.

• Agree 2

Lol welcome to my world, i play most fridays all day , imagine how frustrated me an my buddy get , such a simple thing to save but seems to be so very very difficult for anyone at cm to admit they missed this one and to add it in , just one of the errors with the game that makes it un-playable , 

Well its playable but just a complete waste of your valuable time.

On 8/15/2019 at 4:03 PM, Faya said:

Hi all,

@Faya

Still do not have the ability to set the weather and time of day, being able to set the weather is a must have feature

• Agree 1

Hi all,

A small update to my list from last week. The last item on the list, about the League owners being able to disable voting, didn’t make it into today’s patch I’m afraid. The team are still working on some refinements to it, so it should be added to a later patch. Sorry for any confusion!

This is a step in the right direction. For Patch 1.10 I still believe it is necessary that we are allowed to save progress in between sessions and also have the ability to adjust weather in leagues.

I am glad that we are finally seeing improvement and we just need to add the final touches to finally have our 'online championships' back.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

We had major issues with the Online League Racing Setup :

First 3 TEST Races went perfectly.

Then we voted on a Postponement of the next 3 races , so that the "REAL" Online League Races can start on the same time and day as the originial TEST Races.

All went well with the moving of the TEST Dates , until the next week when the Official Online League was supposed to start, and we had the TEST League being indefinately open, never closing , and thats when the problems in the Official Online League also started.

Some guys couldnt join.

Me as the League Owner and dedicated Non Driving Spectator , got into the Lobby , started inviting a few drivers as a reminder, and next thing found myself outside the Lobby with no way back in, with the message "Available Spectators Slots already taken" being displayed each time I tried to get back in. The drivers that could get into the Lobby confirmed that only my Co-Commentator was inside the Lobby marked as a Spectator.

We eventually gave up on the Online League Feature, as there is no way to Pause/Save/Reset/Restart the Race if guys cannot join or gets dropped out of the Lobby, or the usual mass disconnect happens now and again. Only recourse is abandoning the Race as their is no reset/restart option.

I had to eventually 3 weeks down the Line get every guy to leave the Test Lobby so that I could close it down, all the while it was still stuck in a perpetual OPEN state......

A nice idea, but for Serious Leagues currently not a Viable Option as there is not enough flexibility and Options available to League Owners/operators.

Edited by AcidBurn247

Posted (edited)

Still no option to save your online championship with Patch 1.09?? Anyone can confirm this?

My friends and I are playing F1 2018 because of this and they don't want to upgrade to 2019 until this option is available.

Edited by GioProductions
Text error

11 hours ago, TheMadMats said:

Agree on this. Yesterday we played for 1h 45 min. Practice and qualify were finished and then game crashed for two players when going into race session. They couldn't join the session again, so almost two hours wasted. 

We played with a friend of the league today and the game also crashed after qualifying before the race.
We must start again from the beginning.

Thanks a lot for this update!!

But for "Friends and family" leagues

It's also still not possible to have a private league with a mix of Multiplayer Car and the real F1 teams.

At least we can now play against official names and cars with their proper performance in our "friends and family"-league, but we then have to choose a real car. So I take a Williams and my friend takes the Racing Point. Then he would have a better car than me. We have 5 players so we don't fit in 1 team. Would be nice if we could drive our own multiplayer cars then, and have the same car. And then add the real AI.

Thanks for reading!

Yeah still waiting on the save between sessions in league. Still unplayable for me and my friends without that, as cannot commit the time to do a whole race weekend in one sitting.

Pity to not see it in the patch notes, or even mentioned as being looked at by the Devs.

Thankfully F1 2018 still connects to the servers so we've given up. Will go back to 2019 if it's implemented soon.

Please ADD save game in leagues or unranked. Feels like just 1 person is still working on this game. Copy paste it from 2018 like you do with all the stuff every year 

• Haha 1