F1 2019 Setup Guide

I did a little setup guide once. I hope I can help some of you.

German comment.

Useful guide, I tend to get myself confused on when I should be changing what so always good to have a refresher.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced the same massive increase in understeer this year compared to 2018? I get that it's probably intended to mimic the changes to the front wings this year, but I just can't seem to get my setups balanced enough to get decent turn in. I always seem to either understeer wide or have a far too nervous rear end. Not sure where the best place to start is to dial that out...

• Agree 2

Does anyone know what car the "Multiplayer" car is modelled off?

On 7/2/2019 at 10:09 AM, PipsAhoy said:

Useful guide, I tend to get myself confused on when I should be changing what so always good to have a refresher.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced the same massive increase in understeer this year compared to 2018? I get that it's probably intended to mimic the changes to the front wings this year, but I just can't seem to get my setups balanced enough to get decent turn in. I always seem to either understeer wide or have a far too nervous rear end. Not sure where the best place to start is to dial that out...

The main reason for understeer is to overdrive the car. Don't try to drive like 2018 where you could use the ballast to smash the car into the corner. The default setups are a good starting point. Try to follow the suggestion "slow in and fast out" to prevent much understeer.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

The main reason for understeer is to overdrive the car. Don't try to drive like 2018 where you could use the ballast to smash the car into the corner. The default setups are a good starting point. Try to follow the suggestion "slow in and fast out" to prevent much understeer.

Exactly. The cars aren't actually much more understeer-y than last year. The ballast is actually the key why it feels that way, because almost everyone ran with 8+ ballast last year.

I'd suggest fiddling around with the off throttle diff setting. Opening this up can really help with corner entry.

• Agree 1

Another point could be to produce a bit rake. Try to set the front height one point lower than the rear height. This can produce a bit more oversteer, but could also result in a more unstable car.

On 7/6/2019 at 4:45 PM, mRfLoZe said:

It's a spec car based on the FIA regulations 

Ross Brawn and Co helped Codies model it

• Like 1

I was looking for the same information. I believe people are using the set-ups they already have. Not sure though. But from what I've found no set-up has worked for me. I have to work on my own due to I'm using a wheel. Most of the set-up I've found are for controllers/pads.  

On 7/10/2019 at 1:16 PM, Akkan74 said:

I'm definitely not overdriving, I've been playing these games every year for a while, I was just surprised at the size of the shift in balance for this years. I never really abused the ballast too much but I've been using my 2018 setups as a baseline to start from and working from there. But still ending up with massive understeer in low speed corners and oversteer on corner entry for high/medium speed corners. Never had anything quite like it in previous games so it's stumping me a bit at the moment.

6 minutes ago, PipsAhoy said:

I'm definitely not overdriving, I've been playing these games every year for a while, I was just surprised at the size of the shift in balance for this years. I never really abused the ballast too much but I've been using my 2018 setups as a baseline to start from and working from there. But still ending up with massive understeer in low speed corners and oversteer on corner entry for high/medium speed corners. Never had anything quite like it in previous games so it's stumping me a bit at the moment.

Are you using high differential settings? If so Try to lower them to about 60-65%, this may help you Through the corners.

1 minute ago, Andrew210227 said:

Are you using high differential settings? If so Try to lower them to about 60-65%, this may help you Through the corners.

Been toying with them a bit and it's helped ever so slightly, I have a feeling it might be more down to the kinds of suspension/anto-roll bar settings required for the fact that I'm using a controller instead of a wheel. I'm guessing I just haven't hit the sweet spot yet. Hoping that as the setup forums fill up with more controller setups I might work out where I'm going wrong.

41 minutes ago, PipsAhoy said:

This is what i mean. Don‘t compare it to last years games, because they were more forgiving about overdriving. If you try to be as fast as 2018 on corner entry, it doesn‘t work. 

This year the setups are more important. Try to use the differential as well as a stiffer front end for better turn in. You could also create a bit rake by lowering the front height one or two clicks less then the back, but this could result in a nervous car. 

On 7/6/2019 at 4:45 PM, mRfLoZe said:

Just fine-tune the multiplayer car in unranked practice lobby. U can use different fuel loads. Was very handy for me to get perfect setup.