F1 2019 Setup Guide

2 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

No. There wouldn't be any difference in shift points in that state @ps4richie3602. Balance of Performance 'BoP' in this title follows one line, 'Equal' which inlays the vr cars to have the same numbers across the board. When the cars a let loose in their respective spec then you'll notice the difference in shift points. 

Yes exactly. I think we're all on the same page here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

No. There wouldn't be any difference in shift points in that state @ps4richie3602. Balance of Performance 'BoP' in this title follows one line, 'Equal' which inlays the vr cars to have the same numbers across the board. When the cars a let loose in their respective spec then you'll notice the difference in shift points. 

Agreed. Yet, they still have different "optimal shift points," at least according to the Shift Tone setting.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/7/2019 at 5:58 AM, Striker_703 said:

Actually I'm 99.9% sure there ARE differences in short points when BOP is activated. That's why I'm so confused. 

So does a good Ferrari tune still fit the Ferrari when BOP is turned on and the same goes for all cars. Merc tunes and Ferrari tunes can be quite a bit different, especially when you throw in all the other cars.

So does BOP give the McLaren Ferrari's power and Red Bull's handling etc? What the hell exactly does BOP DO to the cars?lol 

Edited by DaleRossi

BoP is when you take cars that aren't a like but race in the same class. Which is mainly used in production sport car racing Touring, GT4, GT3 and GTE. For example take a 2019 Porsche 911 Displacement 244 cu in-3996 cc, Power 520 hp 8250 rpm Torque 346 lb-ft 6000 rpm Curb weight 3,153 lbs. 2019 Corvette Supercharged 6.2L V8 Power 650 HP / 650 LB-FT Curb Weight 3,524 LBS. 'Couldn't find the rmp ranges for the Vett' The areas that are in bold are adjusted to get both cars within a performance range. Power will be added or taken away, and the same with weight. Which is BoP. In the case of the F1 car being set to equal, all cars have the same performance across the board. It's up to driver skill and set-up after that @DaleRossi. The Multiplayer cars are at a level performance.  

The 2019 cars still have completely different RPM shift points after in game BOP is enabled. Nothing to do with real life BOP, I understand that.

So what exactly remains the same and what remains different?  For the slower cars to be bumped, it would necessarily have to change some of their characteristic. 

Basically what I want to know is when to shift them when BOP I'd active. lol