Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC] Fanatec Multi Position Switch working

Not sure if anyone has tried this already, or if there's already a post about it.

I have the Fanatec Club Sport Steering Wheel Formula 2, along with the CS Wheel Base V2.5. Press the tuning button on the wheel, set the MPS Function to either encoder (ENC) or AUTO. This is the only way I got it to work. Only thing is that, only the left MPS works. No matter what I set the MPS Function to, the right switch doesn't register within the game. If you set the MPS Func to PULSE, then there's 4 different positions that register on the left switch as 4 different buttons. Which are buttons 37, 38, 39, 40.

I currently have the switch set up for ERS mode. Clockwise increases, counter clockwise decreases. No matter how far you go in either direction, once you reach the highest/lowest setting, it wont do anything.

So happy we at least have one switch working.

***EDIT: I'm on PC.

15 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

I recon that’s on pc?

Has to be because I tried all the different settings on PS4 and nothing worked.

The crazy thing about this is that neither Fanatec or Codemasters have mentioned anything about them.  It's as if there isn't any communication between them about what these switches do or should be used for.   Almost every post i've seen in multiple forums that ask or mention these all tend to have the same general response of people complaining they don't work or they do but only marginally.

The fact that Fanatec released a firmware update for the wheels that have added the MPS Function in the tuning menu and haven't released a proper instructional video on when/if to use it or how it is used and what the different modes - pulse, encoder ect, - are used for just sucks and I am hoping will get a proper introduction to one of the wheels key features.

Fanatec did provide the relevant data to Codemasters also it was fed back in the beta.  It’s just at the moment Codemasters are not prioritising the issue.  I have this wheel as well and the podium shifter that also has issues but realistically the wheel does have enough buttons to work around it comfortably 

36 minutes ago, bluwaters said:

The crazy thing about this is that neither Fanatec or Codemasters have mentioned anything about them.  It's as if there isn't any communication between them about what these switches do or should be used for.   Almost every post i've seen in multiple forums that ask or mention these all tend to have the same general response of people complaining they don't work or they do but only marginally.

The fact that Fanatec released a firmware update for the wheels that have added the MPS Function in the tuning menu and haven't released a proper instructional video on when/if to use it or how it is used and what the different modes - pulse, encoder ect, - are used for just sucks and I am hoping will get a proper introduction to one of the wheels key features.

I contacted Fanatec and Codemasters by phone. Fanatec has provided all necessary files to Codemasters. Codemasters will not confirm whether or not these extra features will be implemented. Other threads suggest this wont be possible on Xbox, however, can work on PS4. Codemasters told me the developers are well aware of the issue and are looking into it. I wouldn’t hold your breath. It seems like it will only be addressed if a large enough concentration of complaints and YouTube videos are posted.

1 hour ago, jrod22145 said:

Has to be because I tried all the different settings on PS4 and nothing worked.

yes, I'm PC

Yes pc fine but playstation a no no end off not on  for all us people what buy expensive  wheels