Sign in to follow this  

Driver Transfers Should Have to be Approved by the Player

This would allow the player to have exactly the career mode experience they wanted. At each contract negotiation window have a driver “carousel” of sorts that show potential transfers and give you the option to block the transfer if it doesn’t fit the experience you want. This way if Hamilton wants to move to Williams, you can block it and it doesn’t set off a chain of other unrealistic transfers.

Not sure how much gaming crossover there is here, but have the transfers set up similar to the coaching carousel in NCAA 14.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Disagree 1

I know im onto race 7 and had 4 driver transfers at last contract negotiations including my teammate perez who wad ahead of me in standings I was a bit dissapointed with that as was having a good battle  with him in championship its deffently way over the top and not realistic at all the way id like it is if the drivers only moved to the teams there team was connect with with like the redbull . Torroso drivers swap if not meeting targets but only to redbull or torroso same for . Merc williams racing point . Then ferrari hass sauber . Then renault and mclaren where the drivers can only move to a team with sane engine . That would be the best way I think also the option to turn driver transfers of if wanting to keep the current line up . Or if end up with a driver pairing that you would like to keep threw out the game so if vettel replaced bottas at merc you could turn driver transfers of comoletly keeping it at that line up or giving the option to turn it on or off for every team till you find the driver line up that you want . ? Im hoping its not one of them features that takes months to get sorted and the sort it in first patch as it is kinda ruining the game for is 

On 6/29/2019 at 6:58 AM, Zach0817 said:

This would allow the player to have exactly the career mode experience they wanted. At each contract negotiation window have a driver “carousel” of sorts that show potential transfers and give you the option to block the transfer if it doesn’t fit the experience you want. This way if Hamilton wants to move to Williams, you can block it and it doesn’t set off a chain of other unrealistic transfers.

Not sure how much gaming crossover there is here, but have the transfers set up similar to the coaching carousel in NCAA 14.

Actually that's a very smart idea. I was thinking that making driver transfers optional based on a set of a parameters was the way to go. But approving driver transfers is way less complicated and guarantees you get a scenario you like.

Yeah, because one driver having a veto right on all the other drivers' transfers isn't unrealistic at all. 

23 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

Yeah, because one driver having a veto right on all the other drivers' transfers isn't unrealistic at all. 

Like you driving an F1 car isn't unrealistic at all :classic_biggrin:

There is so much that is unrealistic that I don't see a problem with a veto right. As if one driver is responsible for the R&D of the car, or that a driver is a mechanic and does the set up of the car, or that the drivers eyes can be situated on top of the car instead of on his face inside the cockpit. It's a video game and you direct how the game is played.

• Like 1

And having drivers swapping teams every few races ks realistic or the championship leader swapping from the best team to worst team on the grid  in middle of title fight is realistic the should only be a couple driver tranfers a season at most and at the end of season not after the first 7 races 

I'd rather have the current system refined and rebalanced, when its done right, approving shouldn't even be necessary.

Disable the mid season transfers (Or allow a very small chance of maximum 1 per season for midfielders only) and significantly reduce the chance and amount of top tier drivers switching, between seasons only.

• Agree 2

Why not just make an option to have the transfers or let say you have option 1 completely random if you want some crazy what if a scenario like is now or realistic so the best teams don't drop top drivers. Let say you have Lewis and Botas but Botas didn't perform and is replaced by the team and he goes to the lesser team this will be more plausible. Hamilton or Vettel can go to Red bull for this to happen their car must be slower than the bull.

I think that, to begin with, we need a patch ASAP to balance the cars according to real life and to fix those insane driver transfers. I would be pretty happy for now with a simple on/off switch for driver transfers.