Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

If we did that then we 'd be back to where we were before as people would then skip practice as there would be no point to it the reason why they gave us the practic eprograms was t ogiv ethings t d oin the practice sessions because the types of programs ew do in those sessions are similar to what the real drivers do. I kind of enjo ythe practice programs and the challenge of passing them to earn resource points. I personally think that CM made a good design decision there when creating them back on 2016

I'm interested to know if you have done a full length 10 season career with full length races/practice and qual? Or anyone who has like me done that and been so glad to quit those abominable repetitive practice sessions finally! After 3 seasons you still really want to do track acclimatisation sessions? Even though now you have your own lines and passing these is beyond annoying and distracting? I know all the tracks inside out, I know how to conserve fuel, I know how to manage ERS , I know how to manage my tires. The only thing of interest now is my race tire wear in upgraded car and my qualifying speed against other drivers.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jrod22145 said:

I really like this idea! Kinda like Motorsport Manager has a race difficulty and R&D difficulty which also makes all the other teams better and more efficient at R&D.

 

Side note: is anybody else noticing that the R&D trees are the same.  I might just be my imagination especially since I didn’t do a career with Alfa last year and it’s my only team so far this year.  But so far as I remember my tree looks pretty similar to the one Ben had when he did his Alfa career on YouTube.  I could be wrong, and honestly to me it doesn’t make a difference really.  I’m just curious if I’ve got some sort of Mandela effect thing going on or it’s real haha!

The R&D trees are the same for each team as last year which makes me very worried for what gonna happen after the performance patch comes out since last year a fully upgraded Williams was still slower than all other cars and I imagine they are going to be even slower on this years game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I'm interested to know if you have done a full length 10 season career with full length races/practice and qual? Or anyone who has like me done that and been so glad to quit those abominable repetitive practice sessions finally! After 3 seasons you still really want to do track acclimatisation sessions? Even though now you have your own lines and passing these is beyond annoying and distracting? I know all the tracks inside out, I know how to conserve fuel, I know how to manage ERS , I know how to manage my tires. The only thing of interest now is my race tire wear in upgraded car and my qualifying speed against other drivers.

No I don't but mostly because I don't have the time the only thing I do that's full length is qualifying I have 3 30 minute practice sessions and 25% race distance but I still enjoy the practice programs I fully intend to do all 10 seasons on the games as I intend to on both my 2017 and 18 careers I just haven't had the time to really do it all in one go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I'm interested to know if you have done a full length 10 season career with full length races/practice and qual? Or anyone who has like me done that and been so glad to quit those abominable repetitive practice sessions finally! After 3 seasons you still really want to do track acclimatisation sessions? Even though now you have your own lines and passing these is beyond annoying and distracting? I know all the tracks inside out, I know how to conserve fuel, I know how to manage ERS , I know how to manage my tires. The only thing of interest now is my race tire wear in upgraded car and my qualifying speed against other drivers.

 

Agree. They need to make practice programs worth doing long term. Track acclimatisation, ERS Management and Fuel management are pointless IMO. Race strategy is good as it gives you data out the other side (e.g. tyre wear and strategy info) and qualifying program is also good to check your overall setup so can stay for each practice I think.

 

Aside these, they need to make some new programs and mix them up from weekend to weekend so it's not the same each time. For example, why not have programs related to the R&D part you are currently investing in (e.g. testing the part vs current part it will replace to see if it works or fails). If you pass by a bit, it will take the full time specified to make, if you pass by a large amount, the part could be made available slightly earlier. If you fail it could take longer to produce. Of course there could be many more and likely better ideas to this but I can't actually think atm, lol. Could even have aero paint on your car when testing which would be cool to see. That way depending on the part, you'll have different programs to run and makes it worth doing and less repetition.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, if I think that my team is developing too fast, I have to skip certain practice programs? 

Should I impose a handicap myself because certain developers are unable to implement some advices? I mean, I paid 80€ for this game. The customer should be allowed to expect that the mistakes from the previous game will not be repeated.

This should not be a provocation or an affront. I know under what circumstances certain developers have to work (Bioware), but I have paid 80€, so I have the right to a product that keeps its promises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TJH said:

So, if I think that my team is developing too fast, I have to skip certain practice programs? 

Should I impose a handicap myself because certain developers are unable to implement some advices? I mean, I paid 80€ for this game. The customer should be allowed to expect that the mistakes from the previous game will not be repeated.

This should not be a provocation or an affront. I know under what circumstances certain developers have to work (Bioware), but I have paid 80€, so I have the right to a product that keeps its promises.

IF you want to enjoy the game the most you WILL have to play it in a certain modified way. Chasing upgrades will mean game over before the end of 3 seasons unless you like racing your team mate and no-one else as they will be 4 or 5 seconds behind you per LAP. Obviously nobody tested the 10 year career or they would have seen the upgrades wrecking the racing. Plenty of us have tested it though so you can get a good idea of what to do from these forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

IF you want to enjoy the game the most you WILL have to play it in a certain modified way. Chasing upgrades will mean game over before the end of 3 seasons unless you like racing your team mate and no-one else as they will be 4 or 5 seconds behind you per LAP. Obviously nobody tested the 10 year career or they would have seen the upgrades wrecking the racing. Plenty of us have tested it though so you can get a good idea of what to do from these forums.

I know what you mean, but It is about the principle, not about excessive details and also not about ditch fights because of different views. They want our hard-earned money? Then they should test their product or at least listen to those who played the beta. If they are understaffed to do it all, Codemasters' bosses should pay better wages and hire more people.

Edited by TJH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, TJH said:

I know what you mean, but It is about the principle, not about excessive details and also not about ditch fights because of different views. They want our hard-earned money? Then they should test their product or at least listen to those who played the beta. If they are understaffed to do it all, Codemasters' bosses should pay better wages and hire more people.

Completely agree these devs are a joke.. Just wait and see til you get to the next seasons, how stupid this actually gets.. Everyone changes team, Renault, Haas and Alfa romeo became the best cars on the grid, Raikkonnen won season 2 for me.. Hamilton to racing point, Gasly to Mercedes, Perez to Ferrari, Vettel to Renault, Charles to Red Bull, Ricciardo to Mercedes, Verstappen to Haas literally everyone changed team... 

Sad I can't refund this stupid ****... Drivers changes are fine as long as it's realistic and not stupid like that, only 1 or 2 per year, mostly low tier drivers and 2nd drivers, top tier drivers should change team every 2-3 years or so and no stupid R&D upgrades like that Alfa romeo which became the best car in 1 season.. Unrealistic mid-season drivers changes... I'm really disappointed with this game and knowing Codemasters nothing will change til F1 2020 so yea not buying their trash no more. Stupid money grab trash ass  ******* company

 

stupid.png

Edited by J0k3Rs
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need two new career options and an updated feature, preferably in an update but at the VERY LEAST next years game.  1, is R&D speed settings for AI teams with a separate option for user teams.  2, is expanded R&D trees.  And 3, is either an option to change the amount of driver transfers, or give us the ability to make driver transfers ourselves (like a "god" mode).  In 10 career seasons, teams should not reach maxed cars under normal circumstances until season 9 or 10, and top team drivers should change around every 3-4 seasons, but never for drivers that dominate like Hamilton.  And with AI team R&D speed settings, users can just complete practice programs to match AI teams, or if need be, set how many points they want to receive so that it matches with AI teams.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, J0k3Rs said:

 Just wait and see til you get to the next seasons, how stupid this actually gets.. Everyone changes team, Renault, Haas and Alfa romeo became the best cars on the grid, Raikkonnen won season 2 for me.. Hamilton to racing point, Gasly to Mercedes, Perez to Ferrari, Vettel to Renault, Charles to Red Bull, Ricciardo to Mercedes, Verstappen to Haas literally everyone changed team... 

Sad I can't refund this stupid ****... Drivers changes are fine as long as it's realistic and not stupid like that, only 1 or 2 per year, mostly low tier drivers and 2nd drivers, top tier drivers should change team every 2-3 years or so and no stupid R&D upgrades like that Alfa romeo which became the best car in 1 season.. Unrealistic mid-season drivers 

 

stupid.png

Sadly, I agree it's all way over the top. Far too many transfers, far too quick car development. Balance this out and you have a fantastic game, but at this rate I prefer to start my career over after just 1 season.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

We need two new career options and an updated feature, preferably in an update but at the VERY LEAST next years game.  1, is R&D speed settings for AI teams with a separate option for user teams.  2, is expanded R&D trees.  And 3, is either an option to change the amount of driver transfers, or give us the ability to make driver transfers ourselves (like a "god" mode).  In 10 career seasons, teams should not reach maxed cars under normal circumstances until season 9 or 10, and top team drivers should change around every 3-4 seasons, but never for drivers that dominate like Hamilton.  And with AI team R&D speed settings, users can just complete practice programs to match AI teams, or if need be, set how many points they want to receive so that it matches with AI teams.  

 

I don't think a car should ever reached maxed out status full stop. There's not a perfect car out there and even at the end of the season if you were to ask the teams whether the car has reached its full potential or whether they believe the car can be improved, their answer will always be that there is always room for improvement. Therefore the system should stop AI and user teams from ever reaching maxed out status promoting to the user to think about where they want to focus their limited points on throughout their journey.

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My problem is that I joined Haas in Season 3 and their car was maxed out (of course I couldn't have known that). So now I have picked up 15k resource points and I can use them to keep my car maxed out after the regulation changes without even doing practice programs. I just simulate them and go straight to quali. Other teams with higher potential are overtaking me slowly but steadily. Can someone at least let me know what the pecking order is when all cars are maxed out so that I can choose the right team for Season 4? Would really appreciate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TennisBoyGP said:

My problem is that I joined Haas in Season 3 and their car was maxed out (of course I couldn't have known that). So now I have picked up 15k resource points and I can use them to keep my car maxed out after the regulation changes without even doing practice programs. I just simulate them and go straight to quali. Other teams with higher potential are overtaking me slowly but steadily. Can someone at least let me know what the pecking order is when all cars are maxed out so that I can choose the right team for Season 4? Would really appreciate it. 

people say that Red Bull has the highest potential

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The R&D system need to go if you ask me. They cant get it right anyway. 
We want to race. R&D should go automatic, drivers got no influence on this. 
Same goes for the practise sessions i want to skip because i want to race. Give us an option to shut it off, that **** is wasting my time.

Make it more interesting for the driver. Make more cutscenes.... getting bored of the same cutscenes for years now. 
CM is so lasy they dont even think of that, not even 2 diffrent cutscenes no always the same ****. 
They even copy Jef and the things he say. Even Jef is moving to another team when you do. 

The wear on the components is nice but why we cannot find it in leagues or online championship so you can do it with your friends? 
Oh wait Online championship is gone. Someone forgot to paste? And a save option? hell no why would the player base want that? 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×