Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AI using unrealistic amount of ERS

Hi,

So I've been playing the career mode and I've noticed when an AI car is behind you, they'll use ERS mode 4 (overtake). That makes sense since they're trying to overtake me. However, they'll leave it in mode 4 for as long as they're behind me and never run out of battery charge. This is where the problem lies. They basically have infinite mode 4 to try and get past you. I'm finding it impossible to break away from them since I have to manage my battery charge so I don't run out of energy. This is incredibly frustrating and unrealistic.

Here's a video of what I'm talking about from the perspective of the AI. I'm in front in the Haas. On the steering wheel, it says they're in mode 4 and their current battery charge (yellow bar). Fast forwarding through the replay, they stay between 2-15% roughly for over a lap while in overtake ERS mode. If the player did this, they'll run out of energy. As soon as I pitted, the AI changed to ERS mode 1 (low) and they suddenly had normal ERS usage again.

Is it possible to get this fixed so they don't have unrealistic ERS harvesting and deployment while behind the player or other AI cars?

This is spot on, I've had a really hard time because we as players regenerate really slowly and the AI seem to just be able to run overtake forever making me look like I am stand still. Hopefully they can fix this as it is really affecting our careers.

I have not bought the game yet. I will get it tomorrow. In the past games, it seems as if the ai can use unrealistic amount of fuel or ERS. In 2015, I noticed that they would do the same thing as you shown in the video. However, this was with the fuel. They would keep the fuel on rich for long laps, and it was absolutely crazy.