DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

F1 2019 Telemtry App, RacingSimTools.com

Hey guys,

I’m excited to announce the project my team (Racing Sim Tools) have been working on over the past couple of months is finally released! It’s called RST Software, it’s a Pr-Configured MoTeC replacement built with Sim Racers in mind.  As an engineer I always found myself frustrated with the different telemetry options for sim racers. There are only two different solutions:

1) Basic telemetry applications that only shows raw data. While this is neat, you really need to prepare and display the data in a way that you can gain insights from to improve the car’s setup or your driving abilities.

2) MoTeC, while MoTeC is the industry standard and you can do very powerful things with it. You need to know what your doing, configuring your workspace takes some time, and you need to know the math behind the typical signals that you’d want to display.

RST Software attempts to bridge these two solutions, RST Software collects data from the game, then runs the raw data through math signals typically used by engineers such as Roll & Pitch Gradients, Fourier Transforms, Traction Circles, Time Slip Graphs, etc. This way you don’t need to know the math you simply need to know how to interpret the graphs.

The program has around 75 graphs, while most graphs relate to the setup of the car, there is also a tab devoted purely to driver development. If you'd like to find out more information on the application or learn about RacingSimTools be sure to check out. https://www.racingsimtools.com/software

Some pictures of the software are shown below:

DamperHistogram.PNG

DamperSpeeds.PNG

DownForce.PNG

Driver_Compare.PNG

Grip_Run.PNG

Track.PNG

• Like 7

Nice, I'll check it out. I use MoTeC usually, but I can't find out how to use it with F1 2019!

I believe so, I'm not sure though, I'll have to do some research. If your on console, do you know what port the data is exported out on?

20777 is the standard. And use the ip adress of the pc running software. In my case simhub. Works perfectly so don't see why it shouldn't work on your programm. Had already downloaded it, but seeeing people need to pay 15 bucks before even checking the programm out, I didn't pay right away. 

Make like a 3 day trial version or so, so the amount of money is more justified. I don't care paying 15 dollars, but like i always say, i don't buy a car without a testdrive.

I think that if the programm is as good as you claim to be, and let people try it first, they would be more than happy to pay 15 bucks.

Edited by AlexTT

Is this the same as the PC2 Tuner, i had this for Project Cars 2 on Xbox and it made the game come alive, most of the cars suffered form severe under steer.... Would be interested in this if it was availabe to pull the data form the xbox one x.

1 minute ago, Gysepy said:

Is this the same as the PC2 Tuner, i had this for Project Cars 2 on Xbox and it made the game come alive, most of the cars suffered form severe under steer.... Would be interested in this if it was availabe to pull the data form the xbox one x.

As long as you don't mind using a pc next to console to collect the data from udp, I don't see why it doesn't work. I use simhub, and tried a lot of different telemetry programs and apps with udp, and it all works fine. Benefit of simhub is a udp relay so you can use multiple programs.

Ah yeah no problem running a laptop next to the xbox, and doing analysis afterwards, might give it a go and report back on here. cheers. 

29 minutes ago, Gysepy said:

Ah yeah no problem running a laptop next to the xbox, and doing analysis afterwards, might give it a go and report back on here. cheers. 

If you do purchase a F1 2019 License, and it doesn't work on xbox contact me on the discord. I'll issue a refund no questions asked.

And thank you for the kind words! The feedback we got on PC2Tuner was awesome, and we wanted to adopt it for other sims and display a lot more data!

Edited by Zeraxx

39 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

i don't buy a car without a testdrive.

A car is also a large investment, this is $15...........I see where your coming from, but trials create more issue with licensing than they resolve by increasing sales. The application is fully documented on what graphs are available, how to use the software, etc. There's really nothing you would get from "testing" that you wouldn't understand from reading about.

There's no risk, if you don't feel comfortable don't have to buy it.

50 minutes ago, Zeraxx said:

A car is also a large investment, this is $15...........I see where your coming from, but trials create more issue with licensing than they resolve by increasing sales. The application is fully documented on what graphs are available, how to use the software, etc. There's really nothing you would get from "testing" that you wouldn't understand from reading about.

There's no risk, if you don't feel comfortable don't have to buy it.

It's not about the money bud, it's about having countless apps and programs that are available, and they all cost around 5 to 15 bucks for a licence for f1. They all have testing options albeit for a few days, or with restrictions in availability but people can see and "feel" if that is what they seek.

and I'm looking at it from my commercial side (accountmanager myself), and if I want to sell a programm like this, make them "feel" it. From what I see (I already read the documentary with it 😉) it's an one of a kind app and stunniny good built. 

Only a lot of people scare from 15 bucks for an app. They compare it to everything available. A trial version in what way, makes people actually see and feel it, and then they will pay without a doubt.

just trying to help bud

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

just trying to help bud

No hard feelings here bud, I get where your coming from. I appreciate the help and suggestions and I'm sorry if i seemed dismissive but we have 3,000 active users from PC2Tuner, and we've been selling Tuning Software for over a year now so we get a lot of feedback on pricing/business philosophy almost everyday and a lot of them are contrasting ideas. Again we appreciate feedback, but when it comes to our business strategy that's unlikely to change. Now, if you want to talk about a feature you'd like us to implement or something in regards to functionality we are all ears, that's why this software has been as successful as it has been. While there are a lot of F1 telem apps like you mentioned none of them show the data in a meaningful way.

Edited by Zeraxx
  • Like 1

$15 is a small thing to a giant homie! I’m always happy to support fellow sim enthusiasts and people developing things for sim racing!  Can’t wait to check your program out.  And let’s face it, we’ve all found worse ways to blow $15 and least this is going to something that should have some benefits!!! Oh and if any of y’all can afford $15 hit me up, I’ll give ya a job lol

2 hours ago, jrod22145 said:

$15 is a small thing to a giant homie! I’m always happy to support fellow sim enthusiasts and people developing things for sim racing!  Can’t wait to check your program out.  And let’s face it, we’ve all found worse ways to blow $15 and least this is going to something that should have some benefits!!! Oh and if any of y’all can afford $15 hit me up, I’ll give ya a job lol

Thank you for your support! If you have any questions / comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the F1 functionality. Always looking for ways to improve it.

Looks really good. I will give it a try, but I‘m a bit scared to not understand it correctly. 

Let‘s see, maybe I‘ll understand some setup adjustments better afterwards. 

6 hours ago, gtfclad82 said:

Is this available for ps4 using an android tablet would be very interested. @Zeraxx

I believe you can use it on consoles, however you have to run it on a PC. So if you have a PC you can run it on like a laptop.

5 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

Looks really good. I will give it a try, but I‘m a bit scared to not understand it correctly. 

Let‘s see, maybe I‘ll understand some setup adjustments better afterwards. 

Don't be to scared, I know it can be intimidating at first. but if you take it slowly and learn one graph at a time it's really not bad. We try out best to pump out training as well. For example attached is our manual which contains some theory (more to be added later). I also will be pumping out videos over the coming months. 

RST_Software_User_Manual.pdf

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Zeraxx said:

I believe you can use it on consoles, however you have to run it on a PC. So if you have a PC you can run it on like a laptop.

Perhaps on a surface tablet also?

@Zeraxx

can you make a auto login please? Now i have to login manually every time.

(yes i bought licence!🤣)

5 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

@Zeraxx

can you make a auto login please? Now i have to login manually every time.

(yes i bought licence!🤣)

Yep we are currently working on the first update after release where we will include auto login, and a few other features that have been requested from our users. If you have any questions or comments please join our discord that way I can IM back and forth with you guys. 

2 hours ago, Zeraxx said:

Don't be to scared, I know it can be intimidating at first. but if you take it slowly and learn one graph at a time it's really not bad. We try out best to pump out training as well. For example attached is our manual which contains some theory (more to be added later). I also will be pumping out videos over the coming months. 

RST_Software_User_Manual.pdf

Thanks, i had a short look at the manual and it is very detailed. It seems an engineer degree is needed to fully understand all the details, but i would try. 

The only thing i am not sure is the car data. It is written that this part is necessary to get the right data. For example ride height is shown in mm, but the game doesn’t show mm. I could search the internet, but i didn’t know how Codemasters has translated it to the game. Same for gear ratios. 

2 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

Thanks, i had a short look at the manual and it is very detailed. It seems an engineer degree is needed to fully understand all the details, but i would try. 

The only thing i am not sure is the car data. It is written that this part is necessary to get the right data. For example ride height is shown in mm, but the game doesn’t show mm. I could search the internet, but i didn’t know how Codemasters has translated it to the game. Same for gear ratios. 

That's correct some of the games you cannot get and don't need the car params from. For F1 2019 you dont need gear ratios, IRs, tyre diameters. All you need are track widths (~1.6), Wheelbases (~3.6), and then whatever your springs "click" setting is and multiple by 100. If you join the discord I can walk you through it, there will be some videos to come. 

• Agree 1