Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F2 driver transfers to F1

From what i hear is that with some driver transfers, some drivers will actually retire so maybe there is a chance of that, hope this helps

8 minutes ago, WheeslyGaming69 said:

From what i hear is that with some driver transfers, some drivers will actually retire so maybe there is a chance of that, hope this helps

Yeah I've heard drivers can retire and be replaced but how and when this happens may depend on how the career plays out in your game just as with any other transfer and rule change and stuff like that.

4 hours ago, WheeslyGaming69 said:

really?! What are your sources for this? That would be cool if possible, but My worry is licensing, licensing, licensing...

9 minutes ago, johnboy83 said:

really?! What are your sources for this? That would be cool if possible, but My worry is licensing, licensing, licensing...

That myth is out the window now driver transfers within F1 are now in game. If that response comes up for it not happening, I call bull****! 😂

Would be cool if someone could sim a full career to confirm ..... or Codies could confirm?! 

Want to help clear things up but Paul Jeal replied to a question on Twitter where I asked about the transfers and he said at this moment in time the other F2 drivers don’t transfer into the main career mode, only the two rival characters and the real drivers that did this year.

He did say it was something they could possibly add in the future but for now it’s just the main F1 drivers that change around the teams as you progress through the career mode. 

Of course driver retirements would mess with licensing. Their agents would be arguing over loss of revenue from appearances!! One question I got as I don't have the game is that after the f2 season with the rookies going into F1 are all the current dircerd kept? So it's only last year's drivers that left like in real life? If so then yes fat chance you have of any retirements during 10 seasons only a lot of whacky transfers. 

:classic_blink: