Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC] F1 2019 G29 No/Strange ForceFeedback

Hello.

I have Logitech G29 steering wheel. I have no problems with other racing games like AC, ACC, pCars2, RR,... However, in this game there is literally no FFB when driving on straights. Wheel has no resistance - driving or standing still. Light like a feather. Settings in game doesn't do anything. But on Kerbs or offtrack there is such a rumble I am afraid to drive because I never heard the wheel to make such a noise and vibrate the whole table!!! I think playing this game would destroy the wheel...

I tried to reinstall Logitech G software but to no avail.

What is happening with FFB in this game?

25 minutes ago, Matt0SI said:

Hello.

I have Logitech G29 steering wheel. I have no problems with other racing games like AC, ACC, pCars2, RR,... However, in this game there is literally no FFB when driving on straights. Wheel has no resistance - driving or standing still. Light like a feather. Settings in game doesn't do anything. But on Kerbs or offtrack there is such a rumble I am afraid to drive because I never heard the wheel to make such a noise and vibrate the whole table!!! I think playing this game would destroy the wheel...

I tried to reinstall Logitech G software but to no avail.

What is happening with FFB in this game?

I think to get the feeling you want you need to reduce the settings to 0 apart from the FFB Strength you should leave at 100 and the Steering Damper can be left at 10.

I doesn't matter at what value ANY setting is except 0. Rumblestrip or better example Offtrack 1 or 100 same rattle which seems like it could break my table. Steering Damper? I do not have this settings anywhere. So I am really - not joking! - afraid to play this game because of this. This is not "normal" FFB clipping. This is "all or nothing". 

Tried bumping all FFB Settings in AC to 200% and 150% (max) and it does not produce that horrible rattle.

I tried without LG G Software (uninstalled) and didn't change anything.

9 minutes ago, Matt0SI said:

Tried bumping all FFB Settings in AC to 200% and 150% (max) and it does not produce that horrible rattle.

I tried without LG G Software (uninstalled) and didn't change anything.

You should use the LGS software. It has been a while since I had my G920 (effectively the XB1 version of the G29) and I did have a G27, but now I run a T300.

The Logitech is a slightly cruder wheel than the T300 because of how it is designed. On the default the T300 feels a bit bumpy and exaggerated but if I turn those settings down then it's more predictable. Did you have any of the older F1 titles?

I have the same issue when on straights it randomly will jolt to the right for no aparent reason. It feels to me like i'm getting ffb from the suspension but nothing about the tires. so i can't feel them load up or if i have oversteer/understeer.

Yes I played last 4 or 5 F1 titles from Codies but on the gamepad. I have g29 half a year so I'm relatively familiar with LGS and FFB settings from AC, ACC, pCars2 and RaceRoom. Never had a problem. When it rattles it does so without any direction. Never in F1 have I felt like the wheel is pushing left or right.

I use LGS but tried without for f1 2019. Didn't make a difference. So I reinstalled it for obvious reasons.

(Sorry for bad english. I hope you all understand me.)