Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally as a service, same as Iracing?

Hello friends of the world of the virtural rally, I would like to open here a debate on how can be the future of the competitive of the virtral rally.
I would like to know if you would be willing to have a rally simulator as a service, as it is with iracing. To the point of starting a campaign in the kickstarter, where your donation will be equivalent to a time / hours in the free rally simulator in the future.
So I open this debate because for some time now I see that the niche virtual rally simulator as a service, is vacant today in the world, unlike circuit simulators, Ex: Iracing, raceroom, etc ... however, I want also say that in my opinion this is the only way to have a competitive always alive, and quality, for example, have a system of rankaemento, because for those who are starting today in dirt rally 2.0, and that are an evente weekly, is totally frustrating as it runs together against pilots of a very high level, in a ranking system as for example we have in street fighter 5, it would help a lot these drivers always stay motivated, and in my opinion all this is possible with a game that works as a service.
Finally, I want to say that we live in the information age fast and with community feedback practically that instantaneous, using this wisely, and a lot of democracy, we can help the competitive virtual rally community consolidate itself once in the simulator / service market.

If it means eventually having a super polished game, with an endless supply of new content to convince us to buy, I'll go with a maybe.  Due to how regularly I play these games I could probably convince myself it's for the greater good and pay up... particularly if it would still feature non-live multiplayer events, such as the daily/weekly/monthly challenges.  I haven't been too interested in trying iRacing, due to a lack of desire of multiplayer-only and the cost of entry is ridiculous considering I don't know what I would want to be doing in it lol.  A rally specific service would at least make choosing things much easier.  

On 6/29/2019 at 6:42 PM, diogotilim said:

Hello friends of the world of the virtural rally, I would like to open here a debate on how can be the future of the competitive of the virtral rally.
I would like to know if you would be willing to have a rally simulator as a service, as it is with iracing. To the point of starting a campaign in the kickstarter, where your donation will be equivalent to a time / hours in the free rally simulator in the future.
So I open this debate because for some time now I see that the niche virtual rally simulator as a service, is vacant today in the world, unlike circuit simulators, Ex: Iracing, raceroom, etc ... however, I want also say that in my opinion this is the only way to have a competitive always alive, and quality, for example, have a system of rankaemento, because for those who are starting today in dirt rally 2.0, and that are an evente weekly, is totally frustrating as it runs together against pilots of a very high level, in a ranking system as for example we have in street fighter 5, it would help a lot these drivers always stay motivated, and in my opinion all this is possible with a game that works as a service.
Finally, I want to say that we live in the information age fast and with community feedback practically that instantaneous, using this wisely, and a lot of democracy, we can help the competitive virtual rally community consolidate itself once in the simulator / service market.

Interesting topic. Are you able to add a poll to the current topic?

35 minutes ago, lilfurbal said:

If it means eventually having a super polished game, with an endless supply of new content to convince us to buy, I'll go with a maybe.  Due to how regularly I play these games I could probably convince myself it's for the greater good and pay up... particularly if it would still feature non-live multiplayer events, such as the daily/weekly/monthly challenges.  I haven't been too interested in trying iRacing, due to a lack of desire of multiplayer-only and the cost of entry is ridiculous considering I don't know what I would want to be doing in it lol.  A rally specific service would at least make choosing things much easier.  

730/5000

Dirt Rally 2.0 does everything it promises in its proposal, despite having some bugs, but we are a bit more demanding in the competitive aspect, and we want something more solid and flexible, so I see today the only way to have a rally simulator with a high quality competitvo, is to have a game as a service, and that implies in committing ourselves with this service, as we pay, energy, gays, etc ... Precisely I opened this debate because that is my point of view, however I can be wrong as long as someone presents otherwise but more effective.
finally, everyone who, in fact, has come to this debate, is impotent for the virtual rally community.

11 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Interesting topic. Are you able to add a poll to the current topic?

I'm still not familiar with the forum I do not know how it works. But if you know how to make yourself feel at ease!

5 minutes ago, diogotilim said:

I'm still not familiar with the forum I do not know how it works. But if you know how to make yourself feel at ease!

Click edit on your first post and then click Poll. Since this topic already exists, it's easier for you to do it to avoid double posting.

image.thumb.png.c4a2fdff58228c537ebd7ca549ed4497.png

16 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Clique em editar na sua primeira postagem e clique em Pesquisar. Como esse tópico já existe, é mais fácil para você evitar a postagem dupla.

image.thumb.png.c4a2fdff58228c537ebd7ca549ed4497.png

ok, =D thx!

Would it be sustainable?

I never touched Iracing in my life because of the Subscription model. Even when i received a free code for 3 months i still refused to even show support and give attention to it. The same would be true for any game. The only exception is if it was really cheap.

Like $3aud per month. But i still would'nt feel like sustaining a subscription at that price.

Some of my most favourite games ever were games that were f2p or subscription based that eventually closed down. I hate the model with a passion it leaves me with nothing but memories and a few rare gems that were well put together i cant even reminisce or share my experience about them as they're gone for good.

3 hours ago, LittleApple said:

Would it be sustainable?

I never touched Iracing in my life because of the Subscription model. Even when i received a free code for 3 months i still refused to even show support and give attention to it. The same would be true for any game. The only exception is if it was really cheap.

Like $3aud per month. But i still would'nt feel like sustaining a subscription at that price.

Some of my most favourite games ever were games that were f2p or subscription based that eventually closed down. I hate the model with a passion it leaves me with nothing but memories and a few rare gems that were well put together i cant even reminisce or share my experience about them as they're gone for good.

I confess that I do not like the monthly payment system, for months that the player simply plays only 24 hours, I prefer a prepaid model, ex: you buy an engine and this engine will have a durability of X hours, that is you alone would pay exactly what you played, and believe there is no other way to have a competitive quality, and always with up-to-date content, companies do not live of love, have to profit, we have to have that knowledge, iracing today is very great, has its official championships, with prizes in money, this all because the community does its part!

Well, for that regard we could have like a Season Pass then. That would work like the Deluxe Edition upgrade. It's an idea for the DiRT Team to cash in some more money and to assure profits for the next seasons. I wish a Season Pass would be announced soon for S3 and S4. I'd be in the line to purchase it.

Monthly subs might not work for now, unless eSports kicks in with some plausible structure.

I'm absolutely not a fan of game as a service models, it always turns out bad for the customer.

I played Destiny & Destiny 2 a lot in the past and stopped now completely, because its now based around this cosmetic items shop.

Publishers/Developers need to make enough money out of the game, so they can do another one.

So I don't understand whats so bad on the current system!?

Just buy the game.

And if you want more, buy the DLC.

Whats wrong with the current model?

Gamers are so greedy these days. "I want everything...FOR FREE!!"

In my opinion, Codemasters should focus on DR 2.0 for this and next year.

Polishing it, spam it with content, advertise it.

It's so close to perfection, it would be really sad, if they drop it when GRID comes out.

Regarding esports.

For me personally, its a complete joke, really.

It didn't worked well for FM6/FM7, and nobody really cares about the esports in the F1-games.

I just don't see the benefit for me.

Just a very small group of players are able to compete on an esports-level and I personally don't wanna see a bunch of kids/teenagers racing on gaming rigs, if I could race by myself in the same time.

But I also don't get this twitch/youtube gaming-thing either, so what do I know, eh?

Well, regarding eSports, it's a matter of taste and if you have the time to invest in it. DiRT4 'eSports' was just a small example and it was pretty successful. There's clearly a public for it, not just the ones who are actually racing.

6 hours ago, Riggs said:

Well, for that regard we could have like a Season Pass then. That would work like the Deluxe Edition upgrade. It's an idea for the DiRT Team to cash in some more money and to assure profits for the next seasons. I wish a Season Pass would be announced soon for S3 and S4. I'd be in the line to purchase it.

Monthly subs might not work for now, unless eSports kicks in with some plausible structure.

about the season 3, I created a topic in suggestions on this subject, no doubt to keep dirt rally 2.0 alive we will have to have another season, plus 5 or 6, but in the structure of dirt rally 2.0, still have to be added some functions that are relevant to a competitive game, eg: rankings system. Particularly I find it very unlikely to be added to dirt rally 2.0, it was to have been born along with it, yet one way of finding out how the whole community would react to a future "dirt rally competitive edition" would be the codemaster, kickstarter campaign with a very solid project, and invest a little time in marketing alone, I believe it will work, because it is an inevitable way, I repeat, it is a vacant niche in the gaming market.

Let's see what comes with the esports patch.

4 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I'm absolutely not a fan of game as a service models, it always turns out bad for the customer.

I played Destiny & Destiny 2 a lot in the past and stopped now completely, because its now based around this cosmetic items shop.

Publishers/Developers need to make enough money out of the game, so they can do another one.

So I don't understand whats so bad on the current system!?

Just buy the game.

And if you want more, buy the DLC.

Whats wrong with the current model?

Gamers are so greedy these days. "I want everything...FOR FREE!!"

In my opinion, Codemasters should focus on DR 2.0 for this and next year.

Polishing it, spam it with content, advertise it.

It's so close to perfection, it would be really sad, if they drop it when GRID comes out.

Regarding esports.

It didn't worked well for FM6/FM7, and nobody really cares about the esports in the F1-games.

I just don't see the benefit for me.

Just a very small group of players are able to compete on an esports-level and I personally don't wanna see a bunch of kids/teenagers racing on gaming rigs, if I could race by myself in the same time.

But I also don't get this twitch/youtube gaming-thing either, so what do I know, eh?

I understand its point of view, but the term game simulator service run as irancig should not be compared to a destiny, totally different niches, however iracing already shows how a services that has worked, is not perfect clear, but fulfilled a lot well what promises, and I believe that this is the way, mainly to have a competitive one working, I also understand the fact that you do not like competitive, even for what was shown at the moment for the race genre, I also think a little disorganized, example: honestly have to homologate the categories, but still for the most popular but possible leaves would homologate a category but popular, example: input wheel, g9, g920, thrustmaster t150, thrustmster tmx, and just a monitor, I know today has a lot of enthusiasts playing VR, or 3 monitors, but for eSports, it gets a bit more difficult, and a well-defined calendar.
Finally, thank you for your comment, and we are going to walk a profile of the community, and in the future we will find the best way.

18 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Let's see what comes with the esports patch.

Where are you talking about this pach?

17 minutes ago, diogotilim said:

Where are you talking about this pach?

Just some dirty gossip

12 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I care about esports and never miss a round of the events in raceroom. Its more enjoyable than real motorsport when you get some competent commentators. I also enjoy competing in them. The F1 games also got a healthy number of views on youtube though i never watched them.

To be fair though for Esports to properly work you need a Free to play or open access model. Not locked behind subscriptions imho. Otherwise its just locking out competition.

Dont care for Dirt Rallys esports though as i wouldnt be surprised if its just more rally cross which doesnt interest me.

I would def pay for something like that,someday hopefully someone does it

I personally prefere the Season-based game, like now.

the game-as-service implies that you pay monthly for something which could release things like LEGO dlc or Crosskart dlc xD