Sign in to follow this  

Career Mode Improvements

Hey guys. As we all know career mode is vitally important to a game like F1 2015 so what do we need? I have a few suggestions in my video but I'd like to start a discussion and find out some of your opnions and thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3YFf6ffQVg

Improvement for F1 series... Copy everything Geoff Grammond did. Seriously. I would go for gp4 instead of codies stuff if I could only make it work on modern comp. 
Please codemasters, if you're reading this. Play Geoff's gp1-gp4 games and copy the features from them to make the F1 game that we all deserve and you can be proud of.

What happens on track has to influence what happens off track and vice versa. More storytelling. 

Not sure if this was already implemented in the previous games but I'd like to see an improvement in a team's car performance if the team does very well in the constructor's championship. For example, if a team like Sauber does amazing and gets 2nd or 3rd in the constructors in a season, the next season their car could be on par with the Ferraris and Red Bulls. It could also work backwards if a team does terrible. This would really improve replayability and make the game more interesting.

liod23 said:
Not sure if this was already implemented in the previous games but I'd like to see an improvement in a team's car performance if the team does very well in the constructor's championship. For example, if a team like Sauber does amazing and gets 2nd or 3rd in the constructors in a season, the next season their car could be on par with the Ferraris and Red Bulls. It could also work backwards if a team does terrible. This would really improve replayability and make the game more interesting.
I think this is already in the game if I'm not mistaken? I rarely tend to do more than 1 season so im unsure.

AI is definitely the major thing! Needs to be a funner more challenging experience

What does it mean when you take your first pole/win/championship? What happens then? What happens when you break a record? How does it affect your career mode? What about when you collide with Alonso? Can you bad mouth him in the press? If yes, how will that affect your races? You move to a big, successful team or you move to a team in doldrums (Schumacher to Ferrari) to try and make them champions - what's the difference and how it will show? 

liod23 said:
I think this is already in the game if I'm not mistaken? I rarely tend to do more than 1 season so im unsure.

AI is definitely the major thing! Needs to be a funner more challenging experience

This did happen in 2010, 2011 and 2012 but in 2013 and 2014 they removed this from career mode. It's one of the few decisions they've made I can't really understand. The only reason I can think of is it takes too long to test all the outcomes over several seasons.
Personally, this is one feature I'd like to see make a return and even be improved upon. With each race being different depending on how R&D went for each team every race. A big ask but it would make the career mode much more engaging if we never knew who would be fighting for what positions.

Sector4 said:
What does it mean when you take your first pole/win/championship? What happens then? What happens when you break a record? How does it affect your career mode? What about when you collide with Alonso? Can you bad mouth him in the press? If yes, how will that affect your races? You move to a big, successful team or you move to a team in doldrums (Schumacher to Ferrari) to try and make them champions - what's the difference and how it will show? 
Thats a great post! If all of that was included in career that would be awesome :smiley: