CAN'T get a good start in Formula 2.

Any tips? No matter what I try, I always lose 2-3 positions at the start. After launch, the car ALWAYS bogs down.

• Agree 2

I’ve raced a total of 6 F2 races so far and I can’t get a decent start neither without the car getting bog down.

I have no idea what I can do to avoid

Could someone help us? :classic_unsure:

I just can’t drive these cars without TC on full at the mo. I can manage F1 with med TC no problem, but I just spin out ALLLLLL the time coming out of corners in F2. Anyone else found this? How have you adjusted to the F2 cars?

You need to change your approach, the F2 cars have significantly less downforce than the F1  cars, they are a different beast altogether  on the power because of this. It feels as if you are not accelerating enough but you are it takes patience, 

• Agree 1

I’m using a pad.  The only way I get a good start is Rev limiter off the line with no TC. if you use TC then it bogs down and you lose positions. 

The F1 games NEED a dedicated start practice session where you can just practice starts over and over till you master it. Maybe give career points for them too! If you try this in regular practice the game just disqualifies you for standing still on the track. TT mode has different handling too. Please give us a test track between races like they have in real life to practice small but vital stuff like this Codeys! 

• Agree 3