F1 2019 - Skill Rating system broken [SG]

Question

Version: 1.04

Platform: Playstation 4, Xbox and PC

Mode: Ranked Online (5 laps and 25% distance) 

Whenever I'm playing online ranked mode, I'm getting way too low amount of skill points when I win. I know it depends on amount of players in lobby, but for example, in 10 player lobby, when I finish 4, I'm getting like 10 points max. And what's worse, it doesn't matter if I drive 5 laps or 25% distance. But now the worst part. If you place somewhere in the back, game takes way too much points from you. Once I was driving on 1sf position and I've got error... I lost about 300 skill points. This is ridiculous and not even my fault. 

TL:DR: We lose way too much skill points for stuff like being rammed, destroyed or even from game errors and we are earning way too low. Stuff like this shouldn't even happen... Going for the achievement Pure Gold itself is pain in the ass. At least give us ability to improve skill rating in unranked matches while playing with our friends. 

Sorry to say this, but the game is once again broken in online mode at the start. Year after year the same thing happens over and over again. I think, like the rest of us, that it's time to do something with this finally. 

We came up with few solutions (with forums help of course) that can help us and dev team to decide what to do with this problem:

Significantly increase rewarding points and lower the negative ones. We are being punished way too hard right now. Points are also really slowing down when around 1800 points. We are winning like couple of points (if we are lucky) and losing tons of them (when not lucky). 

Positive points for more places than just above 50%. Sometimes we even get negative points for placing much higher than half of the grid and we're still getting negative points. It's really depressing to when you're being punished for your hard work. 

- Completely remove negative points for being destroyed, disconnections and game errors. It's not our fault, so we shouldn't be punished for such an accidents. No points won't hurt anybody and we can at least play and have fun without being worried that someone will ram us to the wall. 

- Give us ability to increase Skill Rating in Unranked races. We can play with friends and that way increase skill and than be matched with other players that know how to race. I'm mean, for real, nobody would mind that, right? 

- Lower requirements for the "Pure Gold" trophy/achievement. It's kinda linked to above points but it doesn't hurt to mention it. Right now it's really very unfair achievement. 

- I know this is not related strictly to the skill rating system, but please improve penalty system. It needs drastic updates, because right now there literally no penalty system at all. People can do whatever they want and there's no punishment. 

PS. 

Please, if you really want this problem to be fixed, spread the word and share link to this topic whenever you need. The more people will give their voice the more chances it will be fixed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 16

Posted (edited)

I think the best solution would be to remove skill points only for DNF, DSQ and quitting (I mean mostly rage quit, not by game error or disconnection as those are two different things). 

Than we get most points for higher positions, max for 1st and minimum or 0 for last, but no negative points. It takes all the fun from online play, especially when you're being rammed and you get like -40 points, because it's impossible to take back your position in 5 laps race. 

PS.

If you agree with our statements about skill rating, please upvote next to the topic title, for more recognition. 

Edited by Patricko
  • Agree 10

Ok, today I'm logging in and I've got like 100 points down. What the hell is going on?! 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 5

The Trophy/Achievement

Pure Gold
Achieve a Gold skill rating

This should actually be looked into and requirements changed as like any racing game people like to ram into you, Losing your front wing and ending up at the back due to other players ramming you means you could lose a ton of skill points through no fault of your own and those points could take like 20+ races to regain as you gain so little and lose so many, This is not about a trophy being to hard it's about how lucky you are not to be taken out so you lose points, Also where is the invite button for ranked races surely we should be able to invite friends to join so it's not just randoms?

• Agree 7

Good morning everyone! I just wanted to share my comment regarding the trophy in F1 2019 about reaching the gold ability in ranked match..i dont understand why in offline mode for example i can have a lap time 1.22 at Ungarian gp but in online with the same setup i have 1.28?! Same thing for every gp online..(its like a penalty of 4-5 secs in every lap in every gp online)and in this way i can reach maybe the 6th/7th place. Now my question is..how in the hell im suppose to get the gold ability if i reach those positions and gain 5-10 pts and if someone crush on me i lost 30 and more points and plus i get a penalty because i got rammed..😂(incredible..). I have the platinum trophy in every  f1 game from(2010) but this year for me it will be impossible..i have the legend edition and now i regret to have spent 80 euros..now im not playing even the career mode..i dont care anymore.. i surrender..and probably ill never get another F1 game because this stupid and useless online trophies. I hope that will be a good change about this gold ability trophy..i really hope, because i like F1 and i would like to have the platinum trophy at F1 2019 too. Good luck everyone and have a good day. 

• Agree 7

C'mon CM, Pure Gold achievement is a joke, as it doesn't really depend on being good at the game, but avoiding rammers / being lucky is necessary as well. It's a joke, nobody likes it, apart from the fact that the pointing system is simply ridiculous. Haven't you learnt from F1 2017? PLAYERS ARE NOT HAPPY with this, you have to do something URGENTLY to fix this joke of a trophy. 

• Agree 6

Hi All,

Just to let you know that we have read all of the feedback and are examining the evidence provided. At this stage, we are still gathering info and trying to identify which elements are working as intended, which are broken and which may need rethinking. Once we've been through the issues and worked out possible options we'll let you know what we are planning. This is likely to take some time to get through, so please be patient. In the meantime, please continue to add screenshots of lobbies where the skill points awarded seemed incorrect, or where other issues occurred which affected your skill rating, and we will feed this info back to the dev team to help calibrate the system.

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I would have to agree, loss is too much and gain is too little, especially when dealing with dirty racers (there always seems to be one). You could spend the whole day trying to gain some points then boom, one race can ruin it all. Something has definitely got to change because it's just ridiculous.

• Agree 4

All right, I've got rammed couple of time today, had to retire and went down from 1700 points to 1250... I wasted whole day of playing in like 2 hours. Who came up with such a broken system?

• Agree 1

Hi all! Thanks for your patience, I'm getting there on responses! 

I'm going to be sending this round to the team. In the mean time, it would be great if the next time you are in a ranked lobby, could you grab a screenshot of your ranking and the rankings of others that are in the lobby with you, please? If you don't want to post it here, you can send the images in an email to us at community@codemasters.com. Please make sure that you link back to this thread, letting us know your forum name, so that we can investigate properly. Thanks all! 

• Thanks 5

This trophy is probably the most ******** and unfair I've ever encountered...

• Agree 6

Buff reward points minimum 2x and remove penalty points for dnf's all together. If you gave harsh penalty points for contact, like 10-30 points per collision for the instigator, that'd help reduce salty boys. Shouldn't lose points when the power goes out or the lobby disconnects you cause internets, these are out of our control.

If you GET retired from contact, you shouldn't get a penalty. Quitting and BEING retired are two different things, can't be that hard to decipher between them. 

• Agree 4

I've just had an error during race and lost 130 points... Can you imagine? Couple of hours went to ****. This is a joke. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

I think they should add the chance to report a player. There are too many dirty drivers and there's not a way to get rid of them unless you take them out. A **** took me out a few mins ago and basically there's nothing I can do, Someone takes me out, my race is over, I lose rating, I can't report him and he keeps racing. This is unfair, the victim loses twice. The **** is sc1, on PC. If you see him be aware

• Agree 5

Thanks all for the feedback. I've been compiling this and sending this onto the dev team to review. 

• Thanks 4
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, relampagopt said:

I have no hope that it will be corrected

f1 2018 was the same

We need to spread the word. If we will be quiet about it, then they won't move a finger. Making changes in ranking system is just changing few numbers, it's not a lot of work for them and for us it would be really much. 

2018 at least didn't had trophy/achievement for making gold rating, so people didn't give a (you know what). 

Edited by Patricko
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Codies don't care, past titles speak to that. 

Edited by BECOll
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

If there will be enough "power" and someone will pass this to devs, than there is a slightly chance that they will realize that we don't like the current skill rating system.

I know that all devs and community relations with Codemsters are a disaster. But if we don't ever try, than it's our own fault that we are giving them money for a broken games and don't learn from previous broken games. 

Edited by Patricko
  • Agree 3

Only a complete boycott of online by fair racers will ever have any effect. Dirty (insert word here)ers get most enjoyment when they ruin a fair racers race. If the whole grid is a demolition idiot zone they will just bash into each other for a few laps, then give up and go back to COD or Fortnite etc. It is impossible to race against idiots. Their only goal is to wreck and they dont care about points they care about ruining points for others.

Skill tests and points earned should be OFFLINE first, where no one but ai can hit you. Then when proven to be a clean racer you can enter CLEAN events only someone with a clean license can enter. DIrty racers who skip the offline clean tests can just jump straight into the Demolition Derby lobbies made just for them.

• Agree 3

Main question is....what the hell is the function of the rating system???

There is a (broken) rating system, but it is not used. And of course it changed NOTHING versus last year, just how many points you get or lose and why, but the system function remains the same.....JUST NONE....or maybe there is one...**** off players.

If I have safety rating A, I suppose to be racing with people with safety rating A as well...

But no, you have best rating and still have to race against first-race-newbies or dirty drivers....so what the **** is the rating system for?

• Why not to pair drivers just with drivers of same level?? At least safety rating and maybe +-5 levels in "skill" rating??
  • Why not to make some restrictments to dirty/newbie drivers until they get better and safer..

I also can't understand some of you guys...the system should not be fixed to be able to get the bloody trophie....it has to be done in order to make the online game ENJOYABLE!!!

Every few days I give the online game an opportunity again, but every single time I end more than ******-off and wanting to burn the game, the console ,etc xDxD....it's just sooo frustating...

There are very good working systems like iRacing....F1 Codies games have a good base to work on top of, i.e. safety rating is there, skill rating is there, etc etc...
So, why the hell they don't USE IT.....ratings in F120xx are just decoration,,,it DOES NOT MATTER TO ANY POINT if you have a good, bad or badass rating....it has zero influence.

Having the F1Esports how the hell can they care so less about this....Do they use another "game" for the tournament???? 

I can't believe watching F1 Esports World Championships and to see some of the points mentioned in this topic....it would appear as they are joking....

I also wanted to say (in case some Codie read this), that Codies did in fact a good job with the GAME...the feeling, graphics, sound, F2 are really enjoyable and I can notice there are a ton of work hours done...

But guys you should put all your work now in your online mode....you will win a ton of players (and making happy actual customers)...

Releasing just new content, cars and customizations will not make it...if you don't improve the online game you will be loosing a ton of players (also potencial players). 

Why should someone care to race with new cars or other colors or whatever if I just can't RACE?? 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Losing 80 points because someone punts and rips my wheels off is, well, 4 letter word inducing to say the least. We need to keep this on the front page as long as possible cause they might adjust it if it stays visible long enough. Was half-hearted about it at first but they made it an achievement/trophy and to 100% this game will be impossible for some because of this. Hovering round 1850 or so because of rammers and griefers and the safety rating going down because someone ra.......FIX THIS!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

16 hours ago, Turniton said:

C'mon CM, Pure Gold achievement is a joke, as it doesn't really depend on being good at the game, but avoiding rammers / being lucky is necessary as well. It's a joke, nobody likes it, apart from the fact that the pointing system is simply ridiculous. Haven't you learnt from F1 2017? PLAYERS ARE NOT HAPPY with this, you have to do something URGENTLY to fix this joke of a trophy. 

The game should be called F1 2019 Destruction Derby Edition ... we can try but they will not listen to us they "never" listen.

unfortunately. 🙁

We need to keep this topic up all the time and spreading the word. There will be a patch or two for this game, so if we push hard, than maybe something will change, I really wish that for all of us. Because if not now, than it will stay broken forever and I think it's a online game breaker. It's the only way to separate idiots from normal racers. 

Also, is there someone on this forums who passes along those questions/concerns to devs? It would be nice to let him/her know about this. 

• Agree 1

It's even worse now, that I can't find any game because I am safety rating S and I guess there aren't enough S ranked to match with. What's the solution here? I get into a game and ram into everyone to downgrade my safety rating and then be able to match with more players? Seems like a **** solution.

• Agree 3

Good morning!hear ye hear ye!ladies and gentleman i just discovered a new penalty! Yesterday i checked my skill points and i had 1409. This morning i checked again and..lets roll drums...i have now 1318. I discovered than while i was sleeping i lost 91 points😂😂. Warning to all players..dont sleep or you are going to lose points!! New slogan..eat,sleep, get the penalty and repeat!😂😂😂. Were uou sleeping? To bad..you have got the penalty!😂🤪🙈🙉🙊come on CM..lets be serious..its 2019..

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1