F1 2019 - Skill Rating system broken [SG]

@Hoo

can you please give us un update about a possible solution for this.

we need one asap

• Agree 2

Just wanted to do a ranked race, quali no problem

but then the race, waited for 10 minutes, race wouldn't start, couldn't press the "start" button either to go back to the main menu. I was forced to restart the game and because of that I lost over 100 points.  Why are we getting punished so hard for something that is not even our fault. This trophy is so unfair. 

Just change the system that points can't be lost, i'd rather don't earn points for ending in a bad position then lose points for something i can't control

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Quickey said:

Just wanted to do a ranked race, quali no problem

but then the race, waited for 10 minutes, race wouldn't start, couldn't press the "start" button either to go back to the main menu. I was forced to restart the game and because of that I lost over 100 points.  Why are we getting punished so hard for something that is not even our fault. This trophy is so unfair. 

Just change the system that points can't be lost, i'd rather don't earn points for ending in a bad position then lose points for something i can't control

I understand the frustration, but your suggestion is a terrible one. It's a ranking system, not being able to lose points would render it useless as a ranking system.

I was however thinking the other day that if the achievement/trophy was changed to something like "Achieve a gold skill rating OR complete 1000 ranked races" I'd be happy with that.

Achieving a gold skill rating is meant to show commitment,  dedication to improving, and skill. In my opinion completing 1000 ranked races shows the same thing and would be comparable to reaching Gold. 

I am sure that it didn't take any of the gold rated racers 1000 races to get there, have spoken to a guy that got the level 50 achievement when you had to basically get to level 198 and he had completed less than 500 races to get that.

If people wanted to go the 1000 races route to get the achievement/trophy they would probably get Gold on the way, I just see it as a way to extend the life of the multiplayer whilst removing the aggravation of the randomness of the other drivers.

It would also remove the difficulty of people being able to earn this in a years time when the MP base is all but gone, they just need to put the time in (assuming an average of 5 lap races taking 15 mins each (inc load times) that would be roughly 250 hours)

I may start a separate thread to gauge opinion on this and not side-track this thread

Edited by DarrenAH

9 hours ago, DarrenAH said:

I understand the frustration, but your suggestion is a terrible one. It's a ranking system, not being able to lose points would render it useless as a ranking system. 

Gold rating shouldn't be all too easy. I agree. But it's still an unfair system right now. I had a couple of connection errors, races that wouldn't start, blue screens and offcourse dirty racers. You lose big skillpoints because off that. Is very hard to gain back your lost points. Especially when you where in the 1900's.

I'm not the best racer out there, but I am certainly not bad either. I have enough poles online, but 90% I'm getting rammed in the first corners.

I still believe the gains en losses are unbalanced. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Slimmie1987 said:

Gold rating shouldn't be all too easy. I agree. But it's still an unfair system right now. I had a couple of connection errors, races that wouldn't start, blue screens and offcourse dirty racers. You lose big skillpoints because off that. Is very hard to gain back your lost points. Especially when you where in the 1900's.

I'm not the best racer out there, but I am certainly not bad either. I have enough poles online, but 90% I'm getting rammed in the first corners.

I still believe the gains en losses are unbalanced. 

Oh definitely, don't take my comment as agreeing with the system as it is because I am definitely on the side that would love it to change

Edited by DarrenAH
  • Agree 2

For my part, I completely stopped playing until there is a suitable fix. After reflexion, I have too much esteem to purposely lower my ranking to B... (I don't even have the 10 online games success)

Soon there will be no one online to play your games ... CONGRATS !!!!

Probably my last Codemasters game (F1, Grid, Dirt, ...) 🏴🏴🏴

2 hours ago, DarrenAH said:

Oh definitely, don't take my comment as agreeing with the system as it is because I am definitely on the side that would love it to change

Yes mate. I know. I like a decent challenge. But it's the unbalanced points system that breaks the ranked MP... I see some people with gold rating but they are not better than me. They probably had al the luck of the world too achieve Gold status. 

Were now at patch 1.08 and still not a single word of the Devs about the skill rating system. 

Posted (edited)

They even took down the topic from most popular in last month and I don't think other topics are as popular as this one. 

They were saying that they will look into it but not a word since than.

@Faya and @Hoo. Can you be that kind and tell us what's happening with probably the worst mechanic in the game? 

Edited by Patricko
  • Agree 2

Finally managed to get this achievement with what can only be described as an immense amount of luck for my final few points. Now I just need the Lvl 50 bug fixed because I don’t think I can keep playing online to do another 20-odd levels on silver, especially when my achievement tracker shows that achievement at 98%.

@Faya and @Hoo, will there be a patch for those of us who passed Bronze 49 before update 1.07 so we get the lvl 50 achievement?!

15 hours ago, Slimmie1987 said:

Yes mate. I know. I like a decent challenge. But it's the unbalanced points system that breaks the ranked MP... I see some people with gold rating but they are not better than me. They probably had al the luck of the world too achieve Gold status. 

Were now at patch 1.08 and still not a single word of the Devs about the skill rating system. 

The popular posts are set automatically, so we don't get to manually edit this list. 

In terms of the issues raised, we have some initial changes that are going into test now and will hopefully be ready for patch 1.09. These will address the balancing of the skill rating system so that there will be fewer severe drops in rating, and overall reduced volatility in the session results. From our initial tests, this shows a much clearer direction towards a player's actual skill and has eliminated the massive drops in rank reported by some players when losing a race.

Additionally, we've tweaked the safety rating system to better group players according to their current safety rating. The prevents some cross-contamination of our groups, allows people who are driving well to move out of the bottom rating quicker and increases the pool of A-rated players.

We've also got another bunch of things that we're working on, but it would be great to get some initial feedback on the above changes once the next patch goes live.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Hoo said:

The popular posts are set automatically, so we don't get to manually edit this list. 

In terms of the issues raised, we have some initial changes that are going into test now and will hopefully be ready for patch 1.09. These will address the balancing of the skill rating system so that there will be fewer severe drops in rating, and overall reduced volatility in the session results. From our initial tests, this shows a much clearer direction towards a player's actual skill and has eliminated the massive drops in rank reported by some players when losing a race.

Additionally, we've tweaked the safety rating system to better group players according to their current safety rating. The prevents some cross-contamination of our groups, allows people who are driving well to move out of the bottom rating quicker and increases the pool of A-rated players.

We've also got another bunch of things that we're working on, but it would be great to get some initial feedback on the above changes once the next patch goes live.

@Hoo  Yesss, this is great news...

*** Most important *** Keep in mind that players can have a lot of skills even if they don't finish on the podium each race.

Also, as an "S" in safety, I find myself very often with the same group of players (which unfortunately are faster than me) ... Will I be able to progress with the new system?

Thanks

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@Hoo

In a lobby with 17 other people, qual goes OK. sat on the grid and timer hits 0, all people listed on the right have ticks next to their names but top left still says Awaiting Players. Jeff is talking as if we are racing "You're in his dirty air, try to get past him" and every now and then goes American and says "her" instead (has been mentioned in this thread - https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/41818-jeff-turns-into-an-american-😂/ )

I didn't want to quit for fear of losing points, so I waited until everyone else did, then I get the error screen stating that there aren't enough people to run the session and am sent back to main menu .... I lost 70 points.

I didn't quit but the game acts as if I did, pretty big flaw if you ask me so if you wouldn't mind passing that onto the devs, thanks

Edited by DarrenAH

On 8/15/2019 at 12:33 PM, Hoo said:

Hi. Everyone. As usual after one month...nothing has changed..i lost points (thanks to the people ramming at me.. ). I dont even going to try it again, until there will be a patch with NO POINTS LOST in every case!!! Why should i lose points if i want to disconnect my self?!?!Why i have to hope to find people with high rank than me and hope to beat someone..and if i cant why i have to lose points?! Just because i’am not lucky, i have to lose points?! What a kind of ability is this?! Points never lost, but gained in base at the final placed reached..that is ability!! Is it so hard to do a simple thing like this?! I have the platinum trophy in every GT, F1, wrc, project cars games..i have been playing race games for more than 30 years so i know the circuits..here, i have to fight for the last position because i dont know why im 5-6 secs slower than others..and when im in a good place, here he comes an unrealistic penalty or a rammer that ruins everything. I dont know if whoever had this “fantastic”idea to create this point sistem..was joking or maybe had a flu, or fever.. To the “genius”👨‍🎓that had this idea..try to gain points when someone hit you and destroy your car, or when you lose online connection or when you are in a lobby with 20 people with a rank like yours or lower: if you win no points gained,but if you finish in second place you lose points...Let me tell you one thing...you are a.....”genius”😂😂😂.......Im really sad because really i dont understand why someone has to ruin a game (potentially a good game), with these stupid, online ideas...mah...Goodluck everyone.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2019 at 11:16 AM, ciao77 said:

Good morning!hear ye hear ye!ladies and gentleman i just discovered a new penalty! Yesterday i checked my skill points and i had 1409. This morning i checked again and..lets roll drums...i have now 1318. I discovered than while i was sleeping i lost 91 points😂😂. Warning to all players..dont sleep or you are going to lose points!! New slogan..eat,sleep, get the penalty and repeat!😂😂😂. Were uou sleeping? To bad..you have got the penalty!😂🤪🙈🙉🙊come on CM..lets be serious..its 2019..

Edited by Pell316
Wrong linked chat

17 hours ago, ciao77 said:

Hi. Everyone. As usual after one month...nothing has changed..i lost points (thanks to the people ramming at me.. ). I dont even going to try it again, until there will be a patch with NO POINTS LOST in every case!!! Why should i lose points if i want to disconnect my self?!?!Why i have to hope to find people with high rank than me and hope to beat someone..and if i cant why i have to lose points?! Just because i’am not lucky, i have to lose points?! What a kind of ability is this?! Points never lost, but gained in base at the final placed reached..that is ability!! Is it so hard to do a simple thing like this?! I have the platinum trophy in every GT, F1, wrc, project cars games..i have been playing race games for more than 30 years so i know the circuits..here, i have to fight for the last position because i dont know why im 5-6 secs slower than others..and when im in a good place, here he comes an unrealistic penalty or a rammer that ruins everything. I dont know if whoever had this “fantastic”idea to create this point sistem..was joking or maybe had a flu, or fever.. To the “genius”👨‍🎓that had this idea..try to gain points when someone hit you and destroy your car, or when you lose online connection or when you are in a lobby with 20 people with a rank like yours or lower: if you win no points gained,but if you finish in second place you lose points...Let me tell you one thing...you are a.....”genius”😂😂😂.......Im really sad because really i dont understand why someone has to ruin a game (potentially a good game), with these stupid, online ideas...mah...Goodluck everyone.

No need to speak so condescending to people who put in years of their lives to entertain you. Clearly something isn’t right and it’s being looked at but posting messages like this is counterproductive. In other words grow up and move on if you don’t like something 

1 hour ago, Pell316 said:

No need to speak so condescending to people who put in years of their lives to entertain you. Clearly something isn’t right and it’s being looked at but posting messages like this is counterproductive. In other words grow up and move on if you don’t like something 

My dear i grow up.. i can assure you. Its post like this that make should understand to everyone who continues to put so called "efforts" to entertain me with these online features (useless and worthless), that maybe its enough with online trophies. Im not entertained at all..to the contrary..because after 1 month its the same thing and i dont believe that something its going to change..and the fact is that in order to play this"game" i paid 80 euro..because someone after 10 years..didnt even understand that online games like this are only an occasion to rammer against others..i can only call this..pure genius. So i didnt like it and i know a lot of people that are agree with me..but believe me its going to be the last time. This is my opinion and if you are not agree..too bad..its not a my problem. Bye grown man😂

Posted (edited)

Another race where it's not connected to all players properly, 16 people plus me, count down finishes and nothing happens. List comes back up on the right side and Awaiting Players on the left, waiting for one person to connect.

The person we are sat on the grid waiting for then pulls out and goes round the track, 6 laps later everyone but me has quit so I do and I've lost another 100 points.

Why are we losing points for quitting? If someone quits out that's only a good thing for the people left in the lobby, they are guaranteed to beat that person and have a better chance of gaining points. So let them quit so they don't lose points and I can gain more, win win.

If it needs to effect something as a punishment then let it effect safety rating instead of skill rating.

I hope when you say you have "addressed the balancing of the skill rating system so that there will be fewer severe drops in rating" you have also increased the gain for finishing well.

Additionally any chance that cars can be ghosted as soon as possible after a crash/spin, I'm tired of running into a car that is sideways in the middle of the track, can't be avoided so I damage my car, drop back places and get a penalty for it, just ghost the cars instantly please.

Edited by DarrenAH

14 hours ago, ciao77 said:

My dear i grow up.. i can assure you. Its post like this that make should understand to everyone who continues to put so called "efforts" to entertain me with these online features (useless and worthless), that maybe its enough with online trophies. Im not entertained at all..to the contrary..because after 1 month its the same thing and i dont believe that something its going to change..and the fact is that in order to play this"game" i paid 80 euro..because someone after 10 years..didnt even understand that online games like this are only an occasion to rammer against others..i can only call this..pure genius. So i didnt like it and i know a lot of people that are agree with me..but believe me its going to be the last time. This is my opinion and if you are not agree..too bad..its not a my problem. Bye grown man😂

So what you are trying to say if I can translate the poor spelling and grammar is you are upset that you can’t get a trophy easily because other people ram you? 

4 hours ago, Pell316 said:

So what you are trying to say if I can translate the poor spelling and grammar is you are upset that you can’t get a trophy easily because other people ram you? 

Ehi the grown man and now even in professor edition. Im honored😂. Sorry prof if i dont speak good a language that its not mine..at least im trying to put some efforts to do my best..unlike some people..sorry if we are not champions like you😂😂😂.I have the platinum trophy at GT5 and Gt sport..the real simulators of a good racing game and really i dont care have it at this game....and regarding your question..well if you dont understand the difference between an easy trophy with a trophy created without any logic..im not the one who can help you..😂😂. If you like play a bad game like f12019 do it.  I will never buy a codemaster game again..bad games every year, with useless and worthless online..trophies glitched..ect. Its my opinion..I just regret to wasted my money for this game..my bad. Unlike others, I dont need 10 years to learn from my mistakes...Have a good day professor and have a fun with this masterpiece😂😂😂👌👋

Hi @DarrenAH - there is another thread here which looks like the same issue: 

If could add any onto that thread that would be great. Bonus points for videos!

Thanks.

Another loss of points ... in the lobby for qualifying, I got disconnected and I thought "not a problem you don't lose points for dropping out in qualifying", searched ranked again and got into the same lobby. Wasn't in time for the race so I spectated, race ends and it cuts to the pits and what I assume is meant to be my car and the game is showing that I came in 11th (last)

After the podium cut-scene not graphic to show points or safety rank gain/loss, but low and behold back at the main menu I have lost another 50 points!

I'm not posting these things to complain each time I am posting them as I think it must be an issue with the game and the more information you guys have the better that chance you have of fixing them.

@HooIf you are seeing this as a broken game in this regard are you planning on some kind of compensatory gesture to the people who have stuck though this? I know it's a long shot but if you don't ask then you don't get. I don't think anyone cares much about the in-game "currency" as there isn't a whole lot to buy with it anyway, but if you could add something like 500 points to everyone that has played ranked MP between the launch and a certain date that would be something ... basically like Rockstar do when their online is broken at launch

Have purchased all f1 games and have platinum trophy for all, have also bought the special editions of the games over the years, but after the pure gold trophy of this years game,  I will never buy a Codemasters game again

• Agree 1

On 8/15/2019 at 11:33 AM, Hoo said:

Hi All,

Just a reminder that patch 1.09, which is going live today, should have the above changes in. Please note that there is also a weighting value used that should confer an advantage to non-assisted players in ranking evaluations versus players with assists. This is not intended to be punitive for assisted players, but should help non-assisted players rank up a little quicker when winning, or drop less if losing to assisted players.

Please continue to give us feedback on your experience with the skill ranking once 1.09 is live and I will ensure that the info goes to the dev team.

Thanks!

• Like 2