F1 2019 - Skill Rating system broken [SG]

Question

Version: 1.04

Platform: Playstation 4, Xbox and PC

Mode: Ranked Online (5 laps and 25% distance) 

Whenever I'm playing online ranked mode, I'm getting way too low amount of skill points when I win. I know it depends on amount of players in lobby, but for example, in 10 player lobby, when I finish 4, I'm getting like 10 points max. And what's worse, it doesn't matter if I drive 5 laps or 25% distance. But now the worst part. If you place somewhere in the back, game takes way too much points from you. Once I was driving on 1sf position and I've got error... I lost about 300 skill points. This is ridiculous and not even my fault. 

TL:DR: We lose way too much skill points for stuff like being rammed, destroyed or even from game errors and we are earning way too low. Stuff like this shouldn't even happen... Going for the achievement Pure Gold itself is pain in the ass. At least give us ability to improve skill rating in unranked matches while playing with our friends. 

Sorry to say this, but the game is once again broken in online mode at the start. Year after year the same thing happens over and over again. I think, like the rest of us, that it's time to do something with this finally. 

We came up with few solutions (with forums help of course) that can help us and dev team to decide what to do with this problem:

Significantly increase rewarding points and lower the negative ones. We are being punished way too hard right now. Points are also really slowing down when around 1800 points. We are winning like couple of points (if we are lucky) and losing tons of them (when not lucky). 

Positive points for more places than just above 50%. Sometimes we even get negative points for placing much higher than half of the grid and we're still getting negative points. It's really depressing to when you're being punished for your hard work. 

- Completely remove negative points for being destroyed, disconnections and game errors. It's not our fault, so we shouldn't be punished for such an accidents. No points won't hurt anybody and we can at least play and have fun without being worried that someone will ram us to the wall. 

- Give us ability to increase Skill Rating in Unranked races. We can play with friends and that way increase skill and than be matched with other players that know how to race. I'm mean, for real, nobody would mind that, right? 

- Lower requirements for the "Pure Gold" trophy/achievement. It's kinda linked to above points but it doesn't hurt to mention it. Right now it's really very unfair achievement. 

- I know this is not related strictly to the skill rating system, but please improve penalty system. It needs drastic updates, because right now there literally no penalty system at all. People can do whatever they want and there's no punishment. 

PS. 

Please, if you really want this problem to be fixed, spread the word and share link to this topic whenever you need. The more people will give their voice the more chances it will be fixed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 17

Well, I give up. I had 1893 pts. Barely getting anything for my finishes then the game glitched on me ("waiting for players" at start of race) and I lost almost 50 pts. Gave it an honest try but that's about all I can do.

Hey at least I don't have to stress over this anymore. I really liked the addition of F2 and had great fun with the career but if this returns next year I'll be skipping the game. Sorry, not sorry.

Good luck to everyone else still trying.

• Sad 1

This Game is one of the Best F1 Games but this Ranking Systems Sucks a lot. I finished some Races as 2,3,5,4 and now at Bahrain at the Start somebody behind me makes jump start and chrashed my car 50m after the start. I got a DNF wirh a broken wheel and the other one a warning because collision and i lost 30Points and now i have lower Points before i started to play. I think this was the last F1 Game for me. The last years a lot of Trophy Bugs and this Year a stupid Ranking System and also a lot of Trophy Bugs. 

• Agree 1

Codemasters listen to the players, you have worsened the online of this game F1 2019, the pure gold trophy is impossible to obtain.1 because of the score, and the other because of the drivers that beat us, reducing our points unfairly ... in ranking mode place the invitation option please.

• Agree 1

On 9/3/2019 at 8:02 PM, Hoo said:

Hi All,

After looking at the latest data and reviewing your feedback, the team is hoping to make the following changes to the skill ranking system:

• Adjusting the skill ranking points based on the number of players in a race so that players can still earn decent points even in races with fewer people in them.
  • Introducing a skill rating bonus based on your finish position so that all players who finish in the top half will earn extra points, with more points going to the players higher up the finishing order.
  • Adjusting the skill ranking points based on racing incidents so that players who have accumulated penalties will earn fewer points.
  • Reducing the penalty incurred when players quit the session before the race has started, e.g. to a flat rate of -10 points.

We are not yet sure when these changes will be make it into the game – I’m currently hoping for these to make it into patch 1.11, but I’ll update this thread when I get more info from the dev team.

There are also a few things that we don’t want to change, so I wanted to go through these briefly to help you understand our perspective and gauge your feelings on these:

• No points loss following collisions. It was felt that once the race was underway, standard racing rules should be observed. If a player damages their car and is forced to retire from the race then the result should stand. If we make exceptions for this rule then we risk encouraging some players to make reckless moves without repurcussion. For players who are unfairly taken out during a race, we hope that the penalty modifiers above will mitigate the potential advantage of driving badly.
  • Ghosting of cars. Similar to above, we want to discourage potential reckless driving where people may assume that collisions will be disabled if they attempt to drive through other slower-moving vehicles. The safety rating system should help separate players who frequently collide with other vehicles from cleaner drivers.
  • Getting skill points for qualifying. As per the sport, qualifying is there to provide an advantage in the main race rather than as a means to earn points in itself.
  • More points for finishing higher than grid position. Awarding more points if finishing higher than your starting position may lead to players “sandbagging” in the qualifying session in order to earn more points in the race. As such, we intend to only evaluate players’ finishing positions.
  • Skill Rating in Unranked Sessions. As this is a competitive mode, this wouldn’t work in an environment where players could determine the parameters of the competition themselves, e.g. to choose their preferred track or opponents. As such, we aren't considering adding skill ratings into Unranked mode.
  • Lowering “Pure Gold” criteria. In light of the various changes to the balancing, this achievement should become easier to obtain. However, we still want this to represent something of a challenge for players to earn, so don’t want to lower the criteria for this one just yet.

If you have any initial feedback on these issues then please let us know!

Thanks.

Thanks for still giving this the much needed attention. The things you're suggesting would definitely make for a better experience already so I'll be looking out for this patch. I think next to these suggested changes if you would bring back the original gains and leave the losses at current you'd have a pretty solid and fair system.

1 hour ago, robinworldwide said:

I had really high hopes for this patch, but seeing this is the case the devs clearly have no idea what we're on about. I don't mind a trophy being difficult, but this is borderline impossible apart for the <1% that wins every 9 out of 10 races. I wonder if the devs have tried themselves to obtain this legit, I bet they didn't. If they say they're using the data to measure things I sure as hell hope they don't mean the obtained trophy percentage, cause many of them 'cheated' their way to it. Also this 'fix' still doesn't factor in the fact that in a few months from now there'll be hardly any people online and it'll be virtually impossible to gain enough points for this.

TBH I think they know what they're on about.

This achievement / Trophy is skill related, not something that can be attained by grinding, but by being better than the vast majority of players you race against. To improve your rank you've got to be better than your opponents - thats how they deterim your skill level which is logical.

They've fixed what the main issue was (major points loss for bad results)

And how have people "Cheated" to get gold?

• Disagree 1

On 8/15/2019 at 12:33 PM, Hoo said:

The popular posts are set automatically, so we don't get to manually edit this list. 

In terms of the issues raised, we have some initial changes that are going into test now and will hopefully be ready for patch 1.09. These will address the balancing of the skill rating system so that there will be fewer severe drops in rating, and overall reduced volatility in the session results. From our initial tests, this shows a much clearer direction towards a player's actual skill and has eliminated the massive drops in rank reported by some players when losing a race.

Additionally, we've tweaked the safety rating system to better group players according to their current safety rating. The prevents some cross-contamination of our groups, allows people who are driving well to move out of the bottom rating quicker and increases the pool of A-rated players.

We've also got another bunch of things that we're working on, but it would be great to get some initial feedback on the above changes once the next patch goes live.

Hi. Everyone. As usual after one month...nothing has changed..i lost points (thanks to the people ramming at me.. ). I dont even going to try it again, until there will be a patch with NO POINTS LOST in every case!!! Why should i lose points if i want to disconnect my self?!?!Why i have to hope to find people with high rank than me and hope to beat someone..and if i cant why i have to lose points?! Just because i’am not lucky, i have to lose points?! What a kind of ability is this?! Points never lost, but gained in base at the final placed reached..that is ability!! Is it so hard to do a simple thing like this?! I have the platinum trophy in every GT, F1, wrc, project cars games..i have been playing race games for more than 30 years so i know the circuits..here, i have to fight for the last position because i dont know why im 5-6 secs slower than others..and when im in a good place, here he comes an unrealistic penalty or a rammer that ruins everything. I dont know if whoever had this “fantastic”idea to create this point sistem..was joking or maybe had a flu, or fever.. To the “genius”👨‍🎓that had this idea..try to gain points when someone hit you and destroy your car, or when you lose online connection or when you are in a lobby with 20 people with a rank like yours or lower: if you win no points gained,but if you finish in second place you lose points...Let me tell you one thing...you are a.....”genius”😂😂😂.......Im really sad because really i dont understand why someone has to ruin a game (potentially a good game), with these stupid, online ideas...mah...Goodluck everyone.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1