F1 2019 - Skill Rating system broken [SG]

Hi all! Thanks for your patience, I'm getting there on responses! 

I'm going to be sending this round to the team. In the mean time, it would be great if the next time you are in a ranked lobby, could you grab a screenshot of your ranking and the rankings of others that are in the lobby with you, please? If you don't want to post it here, you can send the images in an email to us at community@codemasters.com. Please make sure that you link back to this thread, letting us know your forum name, so that we can investigate properly. Thanks all! 

• Thanks 5

The first AAA racing game you can buy outright (which rules out iracing sadly) that includes a fair and effective MP skill and safety rating system that rewards genuine drivers and punishes idiots, giving clean and exciting online races will absolutely STEAL the market. I'm sure Codies are aware of this so keep sending them your data! 

22 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hi all! Thanks for your patience, I'm getting there on responses! 

I'm going to be sending this round to the team. In the mean time, it would be great if the next time you are in a ranked lobby, could you grab a screenshot of your ranking and the rankings of others that are in the lobby with you, please? If you don't want to post it here, you can send the images in an email to us at community@codemasters.com. Please make sure that you link back to this thread, letting us know your forum name, so that we can investigate properly. Thanks all! 

Sure, don't see a trouble with that. Keep us posted if you will have any new info from devs about this. As you can see, we are really sitting on spikes here 🙂

• Agree 2

This trophy is probably the most ******** and unfair I've ever encountered...

• Agree 6

codies are close with it, they have elements of a good system, and i dont disagree with losing a ton of rating (even if you DSC) for finishing low or last, same thing to applies in games such as iR, but how much you are punished for not winning and finished 3rd or 4th for example at like 2.4k is nuts, you lose like 50, and it takes 8-9 wins to get that back

• Agree 1

We can all agree that current skill rating system is way too punishing and not rewarding at all. But there's also no penalties at all in this game. The only penalties I get is when I cut corner and overtake accidentally someone, than I have to return position. Other than that, you can do what you want, you can push other cars, ram into it, push them from inside, no penalties, not even a warning. This is not a good system for online rivalry. 

• Agree 3

16 hours ago, Patricko said:

I just wonder how long do we have to wait for some response from staff. Some minor problems gets answers yet our topic, which is getting kinda popular, gets no response at all. 

Maybe that's because they have no idea how to solve this or don't want to. We still wait for a response regarding the Fanatec compatiblity problems.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SAL_LippiArsenal said:

Maybe that's because they have no idea how to solve this or don't want to. We still wait for a response regarding the Fanatec compatiblity problems.

I think that solution with skill rating is simple. Just tone down (a lot) negative points and buff up points for placing higher. Also don't punish player for disconnection, game crashes or being destroyed by a morons. Or either give us ability to improve skill rating in Unranked so we don't have to deal with rammers in Ranked. 

• Agree 3

If someone slams there brakes on while you are behind you lose front wing so it's game over same if someone pushed you into the wall etc so no fault of your own and you might lose 50+ skill rating points, Next race you win you only gain 8 skill points or something one race i finished 2nd and only got 3 skill points, We should be able to retire the car due to someone wrecking our race and no lose any skill points.

• Agree 3

Buff reward points minimum 2x and remove penalty points for dnf's all together. If you gave harsh penalty points for contact, like 10-30 points per collision for the instigator, that'd help reduce salty boys. Shouldn't lose points when the power goes out or the lobby disconnects you cause internets, these are out of our control.

If you GET retired from contact, you shouldn't get a penalty. Quitting and BEING retired are two different things, can't be that hard to decipher between them. 

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, BECOll said:

Buff reward points minimum 2x and remove penalty points for dnf's all together. If you gave harsh penalty points for contact, like 10-30 points per collision for the instigator, that'd help reduce salty boys. Shouldn't lose points when the power goes out or the lobby disconnects you cause internets, these are out of our control.

If you GET retired from contact, you shouldn't get a penalty. Quitting and BEING retired are two different things, can't be that hard to decipher between them. 

Yeah losing internet sucks mine lost connection the other day once it was back loaded up the game to see I lost like 10 points.

Yup, it's like fighting a quicksand. I'm only going backwards in skill rating because if I actually manage to finish well without interruptions it's not enough to make up for some of the stuff that happened due to no fault of my own. I've had rammers, brake slammers, losing points over night, losing points for finishing freaking 3rd, you name it. Honestly, I haven't touched online since the weekend because it left a bad taste in my mouth. This reward/punishment is way outta proportion/unfair.

Some of these problems could be remedied if we could choose to play with people we know are clean (ranked doesn't even have an invite option, at least include rating in modes that do) or not losing points for accidentally getting disconnected (the rest of the field still go on with their race).

• Agree 2

agreed. There are so many dirty drivers that make the game not fun at all. The skill system is useless. This need to be changed!

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Hi, I have some advice for you. I got the gold rank with 2000 point, and it is certainly a punitive system like it was on F1 2018 and need to change. But in the case of Codemaster nothing changes, I have some useful tips.

Before starting the races, I spent 2 days doing setup in time trial, for almost every track and perfecting them for my riding style, (I using a pad, my steering wheel is dead) anyway it gave me immense help just adjusting the aerodynamics for the circuits.

When the race starts (obviously if you are in pole position is better), at the first corner especially if it is Monza or Barhain, in short, those really tight and slow corners, it is VERY important to brake longer than normal to survive (if necessary cut the corner)!! And if a driver behind overtakes you, is not a problem, we must not always arrive for first.
Drive super safe, if you see a rammer and waiting for you, slow down and approach it with caution, cut a corner to survive. Is important to get on the podium or at least close.

For me it was another story, and I understood how the 5 placement races are really important. I got the gold in 10 races. The first race I got rammed, I was first and I finished 4th.
The remaining 9 races, 8 pole positions, 8 victories. The last race started second and finished 2nd.
So after 5 races, I started with 1898 points in the ranking, then another 5 races and boom. Gold!
Out of 10 races, 3 times they tried to destroy me, I was lucky but with the right strategy you can do it!

Good luck guys! :classic_happy:
Cheers.

edit:

A really important thing, once you've reached 2000pt, the trophy will not pop. You NEED to do another race immediately and after completing the qualifying the trophy will come out!

Edited by Chrissigno
  • Agree 2

I've been playing today for like 2 or 3 hours and made 0 points so far and lost like 300 or even more. The races are a disaster destruction derby and game is forcing that kind of driving. You get no penalties for ramming people or pushing them on the walls so what's the problem? 

I see our topic has been "marked with ZX" but I don't know what that means. Someone know what's up? Would be really nice if they finally looking into it. 

• Sad 1

All right, here's the lobby when I placed 5th and got negative points for it. There were 14 players in the session when the race was on. How the hell am I suppose to get to the 2000? By placing all the time on the podium? That's ridiculous, never ever have I met such a unfair skill rating and achievement itself. 

Screenshots of session in attachments. 

IMG_20190703_140128.jpg

IMG_20190703_140127.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I've simply quit playing and lost all the desire for the game. Gonna get a refund and I hardly recommend you all guys do the same, as CM doesn't give a **** for us and will do nothing to change the pointing system. CM never again (or at least until they start listening to their customers). I've got plenty of other games to play (ones I have fun with and not get ****** with). After all, that's the purpose of gaming. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone, I'm exactly in the same situation as you.

I am unable to increase my skill because I keep getting people crash into me and the system is MUCH too punitive. I managed to have a good race (+10) and immediately after, I lost (-40) because of an error on my part (yes it happens sometimes) or because someone ruined my race.

I drive cleanly and consider myself slightly above average, I have a safety rating "S" and I am not able to find sessions of several players with the same level or experience as me to be able to to have fun and gain some places (and gain points).

In qualification, I notice the majority of drivers do not even drive to the first corner and leave the session to start as far as possible. Result, I often start on the front row and got my race destroy on the first corner by crazy drivers, so I lose a huge amount of points.

Also, losing points by finishing second in a race of three is incomprehensible !!!

Clearly it does not work ... It ruins the whole shopping experience.

Edited by pgendron
Wrong speeling
  • Agree 1

@Faya asked to post this thing, so I'm doing it. This time I've got 3 points for placing 4th in a 12 player lobby. So generous, almost fall off from my chair 🤣

IMG_20190703_165513.jpg

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

@Faya  Another "special" one. Here I placed 4th (15 player lobby) and I've got MINUS 7 points... What's the point of playing online? 

IMG_20190703_174935.jpg

IMG_20190703_174933.jpg

Edited by Patricko

The Skill rating system is absolutely ridiculous, I logged off yesterday with just over 1800, I log on today and Im down to 1650, @Faya what is the point of a Skill system that just punishes everyone? 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

My main problem now is getting paired with alot of wheel users that are just too fast. I'm by no means slow, bout 40 wins from 70 or so races and top 100 times on most tracks in tt.

I either get a lobby with slower and lower ranked people and get a couple points per win or a lobby with faster and gold rated drivers that just walk away and I lose points.

Sitting at 1,928 just wondering how imma hit 2k, been as high as 1,985 and got dnf'd and dropped to 1,832. Spiked the gamepad and stepped away for the day on that one.

Sometimes even lose points taking first, figer it oot, makin my hands 1 ply with this grind.

Edited by BECOll
Spacing

@Faya nothing like a good ole destruction derby to ruin the online experience, seriously fed up with this game

Posted (edited)

Guys, it's not @Faya fault that the online skill rating is broken, please be nice 🙂 She's the only way for us to fix this. Please post screenshots of lobbies that you were in and receive too much negative points or other way around, just as she asked. 

Our topic is most popular right now here. If you want for the Skill Rating to be fixed, please spread the word and link to the topic. The more people will agree with us, the more chances it will be fixed. 

So, for the game, I'm currently around 1800 points and it's impossible to go up for me. You need to be on podium to receive points and even that sometimes gives you a negative ones, and a lot of it. 

We came up with few solutions (with forums help of course) that can help us and dev team to decide what to do with this problem:

Significantly increase rewarding points and lower the negative ones. We are being punished way too hard right now. Points are also really slowing down when around 1800 points. We are winning like couple of points (if we are lucky) and losing tons of them (when not lucky). 

Positive points for more places than just above 50%. Sometimes we even get negative points for placing much higher than half of the grid and we're still getting negative points. It's really depressing to when you're being punished for your hard work. 

- Completely remove negative points for being destroyed, disconnections and game errors. It's not our fault, so we shouldn't be punished for such an accidents. No points won't hurt anybody and we can at least play and have fun without being worried that someone will ram us to the wall. 

- Give us ability to increase Skill Rating in Unranked races. We can play with friends and that way increase skill and than be matched with other players that know how to race. I'm mean, for real, nobody would mind that, right? 

- Lower requirements for the "Pure Gold" trophy/achievement. It's kinda linked to above points but it doesn't hurt to mention it. Right now it's really very unfair achievement. 

- I know this is not related strictly to the skill rating system, but please improve penalty system. It needs drastic updates, because right now there literally no penalty system at all. People can do whatever they want and there's no punishment. 

Edited by Patricko
  • Agree 3

On 6/30/2019 at 1:10 AM, Patricko said:

Version: 1.03

Platform: Playstation 4, Xbox and PC

Mode: Ranked Online (5 laps and 25% distance) 

Whenever I'm playing online ranked mode, I'm getting way too low amount of skill points when I win. I know it depends on amount of players in lobby, but for example, in 10 player lobby, when I finish 4, I'm getting like 10 points max. And what's worse, it doesn't matter if I drive 5 laps or 25% distance. But now the worst part. If you place somewhere in the back, game takes way too much points from you. Once I was driving on 1sf position and I've got error... I lost about 300 skill points. This is ridiculous and not even my fault. 

TL:DR: We lose way too much skill points for stuff like being rammed, destroyed or even from game errors and we are earning way too low. Stuff like this shouldn't even happen... Going for the achievement Pure Gold itself is pain in the ass. At least give us ability to improve skill rating in unranked matches while playing with our friends. 

Sorry to say this, but the game is once again broken in online mode at the start. Year after year the same thing happens over and over again. I think, like the rest of us, that it's time to do something with this finally. 

We came up with few solutions (with forums help of course) that can help us and dev team to decide what to do with this problem:

Significantly increase rewarding points and lower the negative ones. We are being punished way too hard right now. Points are also really slowing down when around 1800 points. We are winning like couple of points (if we are lucky) and losing tons of them (when not lucky). 

Positive points for more places than just above 50%. Sometimes we even get negative points for placing much higher than half of the grid and we're still getting negative points. It's really depressing to when you're being punished for your hard work. 

- Completely remove negative points for being destroyed, disconnections and game errors. It's not our fault, so we shouldn't be punished for such an accidents. No points won't hurt anybody and we can at least play and have fun without being worried that someone will ram us to the wall. 

- Give us ability to increase Skill Rating in Unranked races. We can play with friends and that way increase skill and than be matched with other players that know how to race. I'm mean, for real, nobody would mind that, right? 

- Lower requirements for the "Pure Gold" trophy/achievement. It's kinda linked to above points but it doesn't hurt to mention it. Right now it's really very unfair achievement. 

- I know this is not related strictly to the skill rating system, but please improve penalty system. It needs drastic updates, because right now there literally no penalty system at all. People can do whatever they want and there's no punishment. 

PS. 

Please, if you really want this problem to be fixed, spread the word and share link to this topic whenever you need. The more people will give their voice the more chances it will be fixed. 

Give us ability to increase Skill Rating in Unranked races. 

Its the best solution (in my opinion) and the

headaches ended. 👈 👌

• Agree 3