F1 2019 - Skill Rating system broken [SG]

Question

Version: 1.04

Platform: Playstation 4, Xbox and PC

Mode: Ranked Online (5 laps and 25% distance) 

Whenever I'm playing online ranked mode, I'm getting way too low amount of skill points when I win. I know it depends on amount of players in lobby, but for example, in 10 player lobby, when I finish 4, I'm getting like 10 points max. And what's worse, it doesn't matter if I drive 5 laps or 25% distance. But now the worst part. If you place somewhere in the back, game takes way too much points from you. Once I was driving on 1sf position and I've got error... I lost about 300 skill points. This is ridiculous and not even my fault. 

TL:DR: We lose way too much skill points for stuff like being rammed, destroyed or even from game errors and we are earning way too low. Stuff like this shouldn't even happen... Going for the achievement Pure Gold itself is pain in the ass. At least give us ability to improve skill rating in unranked matches while playing with our friends. 

Sorry to say this, but the game is once again broken in online mode at the start. Year after year the same thing happens over and over again. I think, like the rest of us, that it's time to do something with this finally. 

We came up with few solutions (with forums help of course) that can help us and dev team to decide what to do with this problem:

Significantly increase rewarding points and lower the negative ones. We are being punished way too hard right now. Points are also really slowing down when around 1800 points. We are winning like couple of points (if we are lucky) and losing tons of them (when not lucky). 

Positive points for more places than just above 50%. Sometimes we even get negative points for placing much higher than half of the grid and we're still getting negative points. It's really depressing to when you're being punished for your hard work. 

- Completely remove negative points for being destroyed, disconnections and game errors. It's not our fault, so we shouldn't be punished for such an accidents. No points won't hurt anybody and we can at least play and have fun without being worried that someone will ram us to the wall. 

- Give us ability to increase Skill Rating in Unranked races. We can play with friends and that way increase skill and than be matched with other players that know how to race. I'm mean, for real, nobody would mind that, right? 

- Lower requirements for the "Pure Gold" trophy/achievement. It's kinda linked to above points but it doesn't hurt to mention it. Right now it's really very unfair achievement. 

- I know this is not related strictly to the skill rating system, but please improve penalty system. It needs drastic updates, because right now there literally no penalty system at all. People can do whatever they want and there's no punishment. 

PS. 

Please, if you really want this problem to be fixed, spread the word and share link to this topic whenever you need. The more people will give their voice the more chances it will be fixed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 16

5 minutes ago, Slimmie1987 said:

Excuse my lanquage. But it's just frustrating. How am I supposed to get 2k points like this? 

It depends... do you run things like TC and/or ABS? If not, 2K is almost undoable. 

Turning them all on would help a lot, only I don't know i getting there with all assists does feel as rewarding as without. 

38 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

It depends... do you run things like TC and/or ABS? If not, 2K is almost undoable. 

Turning them all on would help a lot, only I don't know i getting there with all assists does feel as rewarding as without. 

I run TC on medium and Abs on. Otherwise I can't just compete. I'm just a average racer. Just controller and not a wheel. Okay, so turning those off would help me a lot? 

14 minutes ago, Slimmie1987 said:

I run TC on medium and Abs on. Otherwise I can't just compete. I'm just a average racer. Just controller and not a wheel. Okay, so turning those off would help me a lot? 

I wouldn't say it would help, especially on controller. Unless you're one of those no lifes who spend hundreds of hours just to learn one track. Don't also forget about ridiculous amount of morons who will ram you and push to the walls. Without assists you're like snowflake there. I would suggest to stay with assist and just learn perfect line for each track and hope for the best. 

34 minutes ago, Slimmie1987 said:

Well... no... it should make you faster 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Patricko said:

I wouldn't say it would help, especially on controller. Unless you're one of those no lifes who spend hundreds of hours just to learn one track. Don't also forget about ridiculous amount of morons who will ram you and push to the walls. Without assists you're like snowflake there. I would suggest to stay with assist and just learn perfect line for each track and hope for the best. 

This...

my skill dropped down in 2 races both because of some ******* who HIT ME from behind, spins me off, AND I GET A GODDAMN WARNING! The ones causing this ******** NOTHING! Even setting fastest laps with their half front wing. Yes very REALISTIC!

This proves again and again how everything is biased towards assists and how it's allowed to ramm people off. Ram someone and HE gets penalized! 

It's getting to a point where I just can't take anything serious anymore.

time and time again it's showed and proved that the people who try to race clean, and actually invest time to master no assists, get a big finger from CM.

I'm DONE with this ********! What's the point in doing anything anymore when all you get is penalized for someone else's ramming, and how they make assists 1 to 2 seconds faster than everything else.

It's all a big **** you to the people who try to get skilled and race clean because CM finds so many ways to give the cheaters and dirty drivers any advantage they can give them.

and it makes me sick to my stomach! 

Edited by AlexTT

TC on F1 2019 actually slows you down a lot the car understeer like crazy so I wouldnt recommend having it on unless you want to go slower.

13 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

TC on F1 2019 actually slows you down a lot the car understeer like crazy so I wouldnt recommend having it on unless you want to go slower.

Not medium TC...

I spectate quite a lot races, and when you turn on the telemetry, all I see is the throttle bar beeing pushed repeatedly full or off, and brakes full or not. Max TC is indeed slower, but medium TC not. If you see how people handle it, you'll understand.

when not using assists, you see throttle nice and gradually increasing, the brake decrease from full, you know that's someone who's without assists.

Hi @Faya this is what we are dealing with online and why it is next to impossible to increase our skill rating 
Can I suggest maybe allowing skill points to be earned for the weekly events? and like has already been suggested maybe a buff to the skill points earned and a serious Nerf to the ones we lose, I am finally back up to over 1700 but that was after I lost nearly 300, it took 4 races to lose but nearly a full day to get back up to 1700 but my safety rating has also suffered as I dropped from S to C having to deal with the worst kind of drivers online! I really hope that you can help as the online is a real black mark on what so far is, an otherwise fantastic game!

Posted (edited)

I have this: never seen this much gold "skilled" players in 1 single lobby. Not even 2018. Got me curious, so spectate on. And guess what, exactly what I am saying all the time, each and every single gold player has medium TC and ABS on. In this lobby the best cheater wins. People know what to do the be the best, so all assists are on. 

Please Codemasters, explain the meaning of SKILL level when the actual skilled people are beeing slapped in the face? This is to ridiculous to describe and you're making a complete fool of yourself! It's totally unbelievable that you call this the "most realistic" whatever, with a so called SKILL level system in which you don't give 1 single **** about the actual players that have skill! This is 1 big gigantic JOKE!

This whole "most realistic" game is very realistic indeed. 

4E91D063-80B7-4D6B-909A-03985F528846.jpeg

Edited by AlexTT

1 hour ago, NuclearMoose92 said:

Hi @Faya this is what we are dealing with online and why it is next to impossible to increase our skill rating 
Can I suggest maybe allowing skill points to be earned for the weekly events? and like has already been suggested maybe a buff to the skill points earned and a serious Nerf to the ones we lose, I am finally back up to over 1700 but that was after I lost nearly 300, it took 4 races to lose but nearly a full day to get back up to 1700 but my safety rating has also suffered as I dropped from S to C having to deal with the worst kind of drivers online! I really hope that you can help as the online is a real black mark on what so far is, an otherwise fantastic game!

That's medium TC in full effect. If you did that without your assists bro, you would be spinning around. This is exactly one of the examples how CM has completely failed any form of trustworthyness about realism and all that nonsense...

but I loved the way how that dirty piece of youknowwhat got a meeting with karma🤣 justice was served👍

Posted (edited)

@NuclearMoose92 You're playing on PC? I'm on PS4 and belive me, your video is just a pinnacle of what happens in those ranked races with randoms...

Only today I had like 3 or 4 situations where I was chasing 1st guy pretty fast (some guy from the back that survived chaos on 1st corner, wasn't able to keep up the pace) and when I came near him, he just pushed me on the walls, ruining my race and his. Why they do this is beyond me, but of course I'm losing like 100 points (I had about 1950) and he is laughing, because he don't care. I see how good racers are being pushed right and left, it's just sad to watch and game is doing literally nothing to stop this. In Gran Turismo, every suspicious behavior results in ghosting his car and disqualification at some point. In F1 2019 you have free hand in online.... 

At one point I had like 10 videos with those morons and wanted to do some montage to show what idiots are playing this game. But I decided I won't be witchhunting... But if I will get really mad I will probably do it anyway.

BTW. I wonder if they didn't delayed GRID launch date because of the broken online ranking system. Delay information came up soon after our topic became popular 😂 I know it's just coincidence, or is it? 🤔

Edited by Patricko

@AlexTT I have a question? Why don't you also use the assists? since you allude to your super skill, with the assists on, you should win all races.. complaining for this is ridicolous.

I agree that the ranking system must change because it is too punitive but everyone MUST have the freedom to play as they want and how they can.

However without any assist you go much more faster, if you say the opposite you have not understood anything.

Cheers

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Chrissigno said:

@AlexTT I have a question? Why don't you also use the assists? since you allude to your super skill, with the assists on, you should win all races.. complaining for this is ridicolous.

I agree that the ranking system must change because it is too punitive but everyone MUST have the freedom to play as they want and how they can.

However without any assist you go much more faster, if you say the opposite you have not understood anything.

Cheers

Do me a favour, tell me where I said I have super skill? I never said such a thing, nor did I claim that. 

I'm even not saying that people can't play how they want. What I said is that there had to be split lobbies. 1 for non assists and 1 for assists.

without assists faster? Okay, you switch of your assists, then go full throttle begin/half corner, over curbs, grass, gravel anything that's not the track. After that try getting the car in line again. You will almost instantly spin again because of tyre drops or dirty tyres. Get hit by another car, you will almost always lose control where the assist car just keeps going. Go drive without frontwing, without assist undoable! Instant lockups, understeer and all that ****, assist drivers set fastest laptimes with half their front wing gone.

ANY NON ASSIST player will confirm that. And that's where the unfair advantage is in lobbies. 

After that switch on medium TC and ABS and do the same above, and then you'll see what I mean. Every mistake is instantly beeing fixed, you can take every risk, because the assists will take care of that. 

Why should i turn on assists? I learned and am still learning to drive without, because it's A) more realistic B) more satisfying C) more FUN 

i don't care if I win or lose, what I do care about is FAIR competition. And putting assists and non assists together isn't fair. 

But don't put words in my mouth what I never said or claimed, that's just pathetic.

Edited by AlexTT

8 hours ago, AlexTT said:

That's medium TC in full effect. If you did that without your assists bro, you would be spinning around. This is exactly one of the examples how CM has completely failed any form of trustworthyness about realism and all that nonsense...

but I loved the way how that dirty piece of youknowwhat got a meeting with karma🤣 justice was served👍

I don't use assists 

@Patricko I am on PS4 as well, this was just one particular person who annoyed me yesterday evening, because I was late to the lobby I started at the back and thus had to fight my way to the front and then met this guy in 4th 

46 minutes ago, NuclearMoose92 said:

I don't use assists 

Oh no I don't mean you bro, I can see crystal clear you're not running assists. 

I mean the other one. See how he returns to the track in T3, or T4 and well, every other thing. So obvious that he's running TC and ABS. Never spins when off track. And that's what I mean with unfair advantages.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Edit

Edited by AlexTT

Posted (edited)

You would be best to use assists in public races to gain gold skill but in private and offline career turn your assists off there, Really no point crying about being at a disadvantage online when you are making that choice to race with no assists.

Edited by Lightsp33d1987
  • Agree 1

They need skill rating to be saved offline or something as yet again blue screen and i lose like 700 points and destroyed online save so also lost credits and ranking.

• Sad 2

Well, here another 1 of the great examples how dirty driving is beeing supported and clean driving punished.

at abu dabi, first straight, I'm next to someone, he gives me a sideways slam, I get damage, and 10 seconds penalty for leaving the track or whatever! 

And offcourse the person who caused it, NOTHING! 

And almost 100 points down to below 1800. When you win you get 5 points, but if someone rams you into oblivion, you get penalized in a way that's completely insane!!!!

the person who came up with this system must have been drunk or a 5 year old.

Posted (edited)

Can it get even more ridiculous? Yes it can!

australia, last sector at the end of the lst drs zone, I block the inside on the line, no road on the right side, here comes some crazy ass psycho, OVER THE GRASS, outbrakes me ON THE GRASS, but i didn't budge, i thought **** off with your assists, and raced HARD! At the end he lost. But COME ON! OVER THE GRASS! 

And people still saying assists aren't faster? If you saw that guy take the chicane, I was like HOW THE HELL DID HE GET SO CLOSE WHEN LAST LAP I HAD 5+ seconds. Then it hit me, with assists you don't have to follo the track because offroad is even faster.

CODEMASTERS ***!?!??

Edited by AlexTT

Hi all,

As a note I've split out a few posts about the resetting Safety and Skill ranking into another thread as this appears to be a different issue and this will make it easier for us to track. You can find this thread here. For anyone that has had their Safety and Skill rank reset, please head over to that thread as I have some questions for you. Thanks!

• Thanks 3

No Skill Rating changes in 1.05. They didn't even fixed all the trophies 😭

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Patricko said:

No Skill Rating changes in 1.05. They didn't even fixed all the trophies 😭

What upset me is that they do not even mention it.

BUT KEEP CALM... They added the 90th anniversary logo on the back of the Ferrari... Yeah right, priority first !!!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1