F1 2019 - Skill Rating system broken [SG]

@AlexTT I have a question? Why don't you also use the assists? since you allude to your super skill, with the assists on, you should win all races.. complaining for this is ridicolous.

I agree that the ranking system must change because it is too punitive but everyone MUST have the freedom to play as they want and how they can.

However without any assist you go much more faster, if you say the opposite you have not understood anything.

Cheers

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Chrissigno said:

@AlexTT I have a question? Why don't you also use the assists? since you allude to your super skill, with the assists on, you should win all races.. complaining for this is ridicolous.

I agree that the ranking system must change because it is too punitive but everyone MUST have the freedom to play as they want and how they can.

However without any assist you go much more faster, if you say the opposite you have not understood anything.

Cheers

Do me a favour, tell me where I said I have super skill? I never said such a thing, nor did I claim that. 

I'm even not saying that people can't play how they want. What I said is that there had to be split lobbies. 1 for non assists and 1 for assists.

without assists faster? Okay, you switch of your assists, then go full throttle begin/half corner, over curbs, grass, gravel anything that's not the track. After that try getting the car in line again. You will almost instantly spin again because of tyre drops or dirty tyres. Get hit by another car, you will almost always lose control where the assist car just keeps going. Go drive without frontwing, without assist undoable! Instant lockups, understeer and all that ****, assist drivers set fastest laptimes with half their front wing gone.

ANY NON ASSIST player will confirm that. And that's where the unfair advantage is in lobbies. 

After that switch on medium TC and ABS and do the same above, and then you'll see what I mean. Every mistake is instantly beeing fixed, you can take every risk, because the assists will take care of that. 

Why should i turn on assists? I learned and am still learning to drive without, because it's A) more realistic B) more satisfying C) more FUN 

i don't care if I win or lose, what I do care about is FAIR competition. And putting assists and non assists together isn't fair. 

But don't put words in my mouth what I never said or claimed, that's just pathetic.

Edited by AlexTT

8 hours ago, AlexTT said:

That's medium TC in full effect. If you did that without your assists bro, you would be spinning around. This is exactly one of the examples how CM has completely failed any form of trustworthyness about realism and all that nonsense...

but I loved the way how that dirty piece of youknowwhat got a meeting with karma🤣 justice was served👍

I don't use assists 

@Patricko I am on PS4 as well, this was just one particular person who annoyed me yesterday evening, because I was late to the lobby I started at the back and thus had to fight my way to the front and then met this guy in 4th 

46 minutes ago, NuclearMoose92 said:

I don't use assists 

Oh no I don't mean you bro, I can see crystal clear you're not running assists. 

I mean the other one. See how he returns to the track in T3, or T4 and well, every other thing. So obvious that he's running TC and ABS. Never spins when off track. And that's what I mean with unfair advantages.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Do me a favour, tell me where I said I have super skill? I never said such a thing, nor did I claim that. 

I'm even not saying that people can't play how they want. What I said is that there had to be split lobbies. 1 for non assists and 1 for assists.

without assists faster? Okay, you switch of your assists, then go full throttle begin/half corner, over curbs, grass, gravel anything that's not the track. After that try getting the car in line again. You will almost instantly spin again because of tyre drops or dirty tyres. Get hit by another car, you will almost always lose control where the assist car just keeps going. Go drive without frontwing, without assist undoable! Instant lockups, understeer and all that ****, assist drivers set fastest laptimes with half their front wing gone.

ANY NON ASSIST player will confirm that. And that's where the unfair advantage is in lobbies. 

After that switch on medium TC and ABS and do the same above, and then you'll see what I mean. Every mistake is instantly beeing fixed, you can take every risk, because the assists will take care of that. 

Why should i turn on assists? I learned and am still learning to drive without, because it's A) more realistic B) more satisfying C) more FUN 

i don't care if I win or lose, what I do care about is FAIR competition. And putting assists and non assists together isn't fair. 

But don't put words in my mouth what I never said or claimed, that's just pathetic.

You have the presumption to know how I drive. yes I now using the pad and I need some of these assists, because my T300 died a few months ago, waiting to decide which new steering wheel to buy I decided to take f1 on the ps4. For years I played on PC with AC, project cars, f1, etc.

And I can tell you with certainty that, on f1 without assist you go much faster, but I see that you are very convinced of what you say, so probably i wasting my time ..

Have a good day.

Posted (edited)

Edit

Edited by AlexTT

Guys, I love your enthusiasm, but this topic is about broken Skill Rating, not if assists are good or bad. There are other topics about that, so please go there. I want this topic to be strictly about how punishing current system is. If someone from staff will be reading this, I would really like them to see how much we don't like it in the way it is right now. 

Please, stay with the topic 🙂

Posted (edited)

You would be best to use assists in public races to gain gold skill but in private and offline career turn your assists off there, Really no point crying about being at a disadvantage online when you are making that choice to race with no assists.

Edited by Lightsp33d1987
  • Agree 1

They need skill rating to be saved offline or something as yet again blue screen and i lose like 700 points and destroyed online save so also lost credits and ranking.

• Sad 2

Well, here another 1 of the great examples how dirty driving is beeing supported and clean driving punished.

at abu dabi, first straight, I'm next to someone, he gives me a sideways slam, I get damage, and 10 seconds penalty for leaving the track or whatever! 

And offcourse the person who caused it, NOTHING! 

And almost 100 points down to below 1800. When you win you get 5 points, but if someone rams you into oblivion, you get penalized in a way that's completely insane!!!!

the person who came up with this system must have been drunk or a 5 year old.

Posted (edited)

Can it get even more ridiculous? Yes it can!

australia, last sector at the end of the lst drs zone, I block the inside on the line, no road on the right side, here comes some crazy ass psycho, OVER THE GRASS, outbrakes me ON THE GRASS, but i didn't budge, i thought **** off with your assists, and raced HARD! At the end he lost. But COME ON! OVER THE GRASS! 

And people still saying assists aren't faster? If you saw that guy take the chicane, I was like HOW THE HELL DID HE GET SO CLOSE WHEN LAST LAP I HAD 5+ seconds. Then it hit me, with assists you don't have to follo the track because offroad is even faster.

CODEMASTERS ***!?!??

Edited by AlexTT

Just ended 3rd in a race and lost skill points.

There were only 3 people in my session so the game sees it as me finishing last which is technical correct but i shouldn't get punished because there are not many people online at the same time as me

I even lost skill points for ending 2nd when there were 6 people in my session

This is ridiculous

• Agree 1

Hi all,

As a note I've split out a few posts about the resetting Safety and Skill ranking into another thread as this appears to be a different issue and this will make it easier for us to track. You can find this thread here. For anyone that has had their Safety and Skill rank reset, please head over to that thread as I have some questions for you. Thanks!

• Thanks 3

No Skill Rating changes in 1.05. They didn't even fixed all the trophies 😭

• Agree 1

Allright, what's wrong CM? Didn't even raced online today. My skillpoints again reduced to 1434. Yesterday is was 1560. Fix this ASAP please. I'm going nuts... 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Patricko said:

What upset me is that they do not even mention it.

BUT KEEP CALM... They added the 90th anniversary logo on the back of the Ferrari... Yeah right, priority first !!!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/9/2019 at 3:41 PM, AlexTT said:

Well, here another 1 of the great examples how dirty driving is beeing supported and clean driving punished.

at abu dabi, first straight, I'm next to someone, he gives me a sideways slam, I get damage, and 10 seconds penalty for leaving the track or whatever! 

And offcourse the person who caused it, NOTHING! 

And almost 100 points down to below 1800. When you win you get 5 points, but if someone rams you into oblivion, you get penalized in a way that's completely insane!!!!

the person who came up with this system must have been drunk or a 5 year old.

Yeah, I have a video clip of someone doing a PIT maneuver on me right before a hairpin turn. He taps my rear right tire three times, I spin off and the system gives me a 10 second penalty for cutting the turn! He got nothing, though in the process, I crushed him against the wall and I think he was out of the race.

Thats

4 hours ago, Patricko said:

Thats because theyre not gonna change it, all of this will have fallen on deaf ears unfortunately

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Patricko said:

Well... i had quite a big rant about how they don't communicate and how a firm like bungie also treated their community that way and how much it cost them in the whole process.

and my rant wasn't particularly nice, but when I go, is go full rant. Hard but fair, and how I see it. 

You can read about it here

and I have to say, pretty strange that a day later that topic appears, with their plans, with a time schedule...

Did they in fact actually listen for once?

Edited by AlexTT

Ive lost points twice today for placing 2nd and 4th respectivly in a lobby with 14 and a lobby with 10, also experienced a lobby that left us on the starting grid for around 5 minutes before multiple people left, after the race I experienced an errorcode (CE-34878-0) and upon reboot I had subsequently lost points, anyone else experienced this in the game or was it my ps4?

1 hour ago, NuclearMoose92 said:

Ive lost points twice today for placing 2nd and 4th respectivly in a lobby with 14 and a lobby with 10, also experienced a lobby that left us on the starting grid for around 5 minutes before multiple people left, after the race I experienced an errorcode (CE-34878-0) and upon reboot I had subsequently lost points, anyone else experienced this in the game or was it my ps4?

Yeah, I had errors during a race and lost many points like this. So, you have to watch for idiot rammers, punishing system, no penalties at all and even game errors can surprise you. 

• Sad 1

Hi All,

Just to let you know that we have read all of the feedback and are examining the evidence provided. At this stage, we are still gathering info and trying to identify which elements are working as intended, which are broken and which may need rethinking. Once we've been through the issues and worked out possible options we'll let you know what we are planning. This is likely to take some time to get through, so please be patient. In the meantime, please continue to add screenshots of lobbies where the skill points awarded seemed incorrect, or where other issues occurred which affected your skill rating, and we will feed this info back to the dev team to help calibrate the system.

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

@Hoo Thanks for your feedback

Last night I did an online ranked race (5 laps). In the lobby, there were 7 players all more experienced than me (higher skill). I managed to qualify 3rd and I also finished 3rd... Result, I lost 2 point of skills...

I gave absolutely everything, I was shaking even once the race ended ... I never went off the track or crash with anybody!

Why did I lost points... that makes no sense and it's why I am upset with this system.

Thanks again!!!