F1 2019 - Skill Rating system broken [SG]

Question

Version: 1.04

Platform: Playstation 4, Xbox and PC

Mode: Ranked Online (5 laps and 25% distance) 

Whenever I'm playing online ranked mode, I'm getting way too low amount of skill points when I win. I know it depends on amount of players in lobby, but for example, in 10 player lobby, when I finish 4, I'm getting like 10 points max. And what's worse, it doesn't matter if I drive 5 laps or 25% distance. But now the worst part. If you place somewhere in the back, game takes way too much points from you. Once I was driving on 1sf position and I've got error... I lost about 300 skill points. This is ridiculous and not even my fault. 

TL:DR: We lose way too much skill points for stuff like being rammed, destroyed or even from game errors and we are earning way too low. Stuff like this shouldn't even happen... Going for the achievement Pure Gold itself is pain in the ass. At least give us ability to improve skill rating in unranked matches while playing with our friends. 

Sorry to say this, but the game is once again broken in online mode at the start. Year after year the same thing happens over and over again. I think, like the rest of us, that it's time to do something with this finally. 

We came up with few solutions (with forums help of course) that can help us and dev team to decide what to do with this problem:

Significantly increase rewarding points and lower the negative ones. We are being punished way too hard right now. Points are also really slowing down when around 1800 points. We are winning like couple of points (if we are lucky) and losing tons of them (when not lucky). 

Positive points for more places than just above 50%. Sometimes we even get negative points for placing much higher than half of the grid and we're still getting negative points. It's really depressing to when you're being punished for your hard work. 

- Completely remove negative points for being destroyed, disconnections and game errors. It's not our fault, so we shouldn't be punished for such an accidents. No points won't hurt anybody and we can at least play and have fun without being worried that someone will ram us to the wall. 

- Give us ability to increase Skill Rating in Unranked races. We can play with friends and that way increase skill and than be matched with other players that know how to race. I'm mean, for real, nobody would mind that, right? 

- Lower requirements for the "Pure Gold" trophy/achievement. It's kinda linked to above points but it doesn't hurt to mention it. Right now it's really very unfair achievement. 

- I know this is not related strictly to the skill rating system, but please improve penalty system. It needs drastic updates, because right now there literally no penalty system at all. People can do whatever they want and there's no punishment. 

PS. 

Please, if you really want this problem to be fixed, spread the word and share link to this topic whenever you need. The more people will give their voice the more chances it will be fixed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 16

They need skill rating to be saved offline or something as yet again blue screen and i lose like 700 points and destroyed online save so also lost credits and ranking.

• Sad 2

Well, here another 1 of the great examples how dirty driving is beeing supported and clean driving punished.

at abu dabi, first straight, I'm next to someone, he gives me a sideways slam, I get damage, and 10 seconds penalty for leaving the track or whatever! 

And offcourse the person who caused it, NOTHING! 

And almost 100 points down to below 1800. When you win you get 5 points, but if someone rams you into oblivion, you get penalized in a way that's completely insane!!!!

the person who came up with this system must have been drunk or a 5 year old.

Posted (edited)

Can it get even more ridiculous? Yes it can!

australia, last sector at the end of the lst drs zone, I block the inside on the line, no road on the right side, here comes some crazy ass psycho, OVER THE GRASS, outbrakes me ON THE GRASS, but i didn't budge, i thought **** off with your assists, and raced HARD! At the end he lost. But COME ON! OVER THE GRASS! 

And people still saying assists aren't faster? If you saw that guy take the chicane, I was like HOW THE HELL DID HE GET SO CLOSE WHEN LAST LAP I HAD 5+ seconds. Then it hit me, with assists you don't have to follo the track because offroad is even faster.

CODEMASTERS ***!?!??

Edited by AlexTT

Hi all,

As a note I've split out a few posts about the resetting Safety and Skill ranking into another thread as this appears to be a different issue and this will make it easier for us to track. You can find this thread here. For anyone that has had their Safety and Skill rank reset, please head over to that thread as I have some questions for you. Thanks!

• Thanks 3

No Skill Rating changes in 1.05. They didn't even fixed all the trophies 😭

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Patricko said:

What upset me is that they do not even mention it.

BUT KEEP CALM... They added the 90th anniversary logo on the back of the Ferrari... Yeah right, priority first !!!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/9/2019 at 3:41 PM, AlexTT said:

Well, here another 1 of the great examples how dirty driving is beeing supported and clean driving punished.

at abu dabi, first straight, I'm next to someone, he gives me a sideways slam, I get damage, and 10 seconds penalty for leaving the track or whatever! 

And offcourse the person who caused it, NOTHING! 

And almost 100 points down to below 1800. When you win you get 5 points, but if someone rams you into oblivion, you get penalized in a way that's completely insane!!!!

the person who came up with this system must have been drunk or a 5 year old.

Yeah, I have a video clip of someone doing a PIT maneuver on me right before a hairpin turn. He taps my rear right tire three times, I spin off and the system gives me a 10 second penalty for cutting the turn! He got nothing, though in the process, I crushed him against the wall and I think he was out of the race.

Thats

4 hours ago, Patricko said:

Thats because theyre not gonna change it, all of this will have fallen on deaf ears unfortunately

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Patricko said:

Well... i had quite a big rant about how they don't communicate and how a firm like bungie also treated their community that way and how much it cost them in the whole process.

and my rant wasn't particularly nice, but when I go, is go full rant. Hard but fair, and how I see it. 

You can read about it here

and I have to say, pretty strange that a day later that topic appears, with their plans, with a time schedule...

Did they in fact actually listen for once?

Edited by AlexTT

Ive lost points twice today for placing 2nd and 4th respectivly in a lobby with 14 and a lobby with 10, also experienced a lobby that left us on the starting grid for around 5 minutes before multiple people left, after the race I experienced an errorcode (CE-34878-0) and upon reboot I had subsequently lost points, anyone else experienced this in the game or was it my ps4?

1 hour ago, NuclearMoose92 said:

Ive lost points twice today for placing 2nd and 4th respectivly in a lobby with 14 and a lobby with 10, also experienced a lobby that left us on the starting grid for around 5 minutes before multiple people left, after the race I experienced an errorcode (CE-34878-0) and upon reboot I had subsequently lost points, anyone else experienced this in the game or was it my ps4?

Yeah, I had errors during a race and lost many points like this. So, you have to watch for idiot rammers, punishing system, no penalties at all and even game errors can surprise you. 

• Sad 1

@Hoo Thanks for your feedback

Last night I did an online ranked race (5 laps). In the lobby, there were 7 players all more experienced than me (higher skill). I managed to qualify 3rd and I also finished 3rd... Result, I lost 2 point of skills...

I gave absolutely everything, I was shaking even once the race ended ... I never went off the track or crash with anybody!

Why did I lost points... that makes no sense and it's why I am upset with this system.

Thanks again!!!

@Hoo I know its not as simple to just code in a fix so we appreciate the reply! It would great if you didnt lose points, just got 0, its an unfortunate thing that the online experience is ruined by griefers and to see your score suffer at the hands of them is soul destroying

Posted (edited)

Don't get me started.

starts are so terrible if you hve a couple of morons in the lobby.

4 times in a row i get sideslammed, rammed full from behind and cut off. It's soo dificult to use your eyes to see if there's someone beside you! Those ******* just steer in when your beside them! Just as if you're not there. 

And of course the ones causing it get nothing or a warning, the one receiving it 3 broken front wings and a penalty. 4 time race FUKKED because of *******.

THAT'S WHY I WANT NO ASSIST LOBBIES IN RANKED ONLINE! The no assist users are much more carefull at the start, and actually DO care about what happens around them. 

All those assist abusing nitwits think everyone will move aside for them. They even overtake you through the gras or gravel of they must. After all TC is made for offroading!

Edited by AlexTT

36 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Don't get me started.

starts are so terrible if you hve a couple of morons in the lobby.

4 times in a row i get sideslammed, rammed full from behind and cut off. It's soo dificult to use your eyes to see if there's someone beside you! Those ******* just steer in when your beside them! Just as if you're not there. 

And of course the ones causing it get nothing or a warning, the one receiving it 3 broken front wings and a penalty. 4 time race FUKKED because of *******.

THAT'S WHY I WANT NO ASSIST LOBBIES IN RANKED ONLINE! The no assist users are much more carefull at the start, and actually DO care about what happens around them. 

All those assist abusing nitwits think everyone will move aside for them. They even overtake you through the gras or gravel of they must. After all TC is made for offroading!

Ehhh I get what you're saying, but it's less about the assists and more about just not knowing how racing works.

I'm new to the F1 series, and still use all of the assists as I get used to how racing online works. I'm level 19 (so however many races that may be) and have an S safety rating. Me using all of the assists doesn't mean I don't know how to leave room for someone through a corner.

Bad racers are just bad racers, assists or not.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, baxnet1 said:

Ehhh I get what you're saying, but it's less about the assists and more about just not knowing how racing works.

I'm new to the F1 series, and still use all of the assists as I get used to how racing online works. I'm level 19 (so however many races that may be) and have an S safety rating. Me using all of the assists doesn't mean I don't know how to leave room for someone through a corner.

Absolutely true !!! + 1

Codemaster are aware of the problem and are now paying attention to it, I think it would be wise to remain patient and polite

Edited by pgendron

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, baxnet1 said:

I'm not saying all assist users are bad, but the majority plays for more than only this year, and they know how to abuse the assists in every way it suits them. You get my point? They recognize a non assist player, and instantly know that when they slam you sideways you will spin off. Or push you off track where they can go on en NA users not. And there are so many examples. 

S rating means jack ****, i went to a today, and was at s in 3 races again. 

Point is that when they PIT you, they won't be punished but you are done. 

NA drivers are far more cautious, that's why they are so cool to race against. Maximum carcontrol, on the edge, side by side, but not one of 2 will make a nasty move, where otherwise someone will not hesitate to steer you off track and they just keep going. And 9 out of 10 times you get a fat penalty for cutting corners or hitting another car.

as non assist player you have a target on your back, because even though you have actually got skilled to get better without assists, they are also the weakest because of the ease they get rammed off or whatever and it takes quite a lot of time to get going again because you will almost spin instantly when you look at the throttle

Edited by AlexTT

22 minutes ago, pgendron said:

Absolutely true !!! + 1

Codemaster are aware of the problem and are now paying attention to it, I think it would be wise to remain patient and polite

Let me tell you this:

Codemasters is aware of this for years, but they don't give a damn. We have been asking for split lobbies, or keyboard support on consoles for years, what makes you think they suddenly come with a solution? They are aware of stuff for years. I give 1 rocksolid example:

SAFETY CAR.

Codemasters has said and promised so many things, and say they are aware, but it's the follow up what's missing year after year. 

I don't believe a word they say or what they promise anymore, until I actually see the proof on screen that it has been fixed.

promises promises. Don't believe everything you hear or see. I don't so codemasters at least can't dissappoint me anymore.

and this is just facts, not my opinion alone, but i think a lot of people can concur with what i say. And i don't care if they kick me of the forums or whatever. That only will proof even more that they can't deal with critisism and the truth about their lack of effort for everything we say.

but hey... 

they are aware! Remember these words. You will find it in the dictionary with description:

don't take codemasters words and promises seriously. They say A but B is never been seen.

Whilst I think the skill system in need of major improvements, from what I can gather a lot of people here would like that to be resolved in order to best represent how they race. 

However, a lot of people are trying to increase their rank in order to obtain the trophy/achievement. The best way I can think of to allow people to get this trophy/achievement would be to amend the requirements. Previous versions have been to just obtain a rating. Another suggestion could be to amend the requirements to ask a player to improve their skill rating (Silver 2 -> Silver 3) for example

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, IITateyII said:

Whilst I think the skill system in need of major improvements, from what I can gather a lot of people here would like that to be resolved in order to best represent how they race. 

However, a lot of people are trying to increase their rank in order to obtain the trophy/achievement. The best way I can think of to allow people to get this trophy/achievement would be to amend the requirements. Previous versions have been to just obtain a rating. Another suggestion could be to amend the requirements to ask a player to improve their skill rating (Silver 2 -> Silver 3) for example

For the trophy side of things they should either change the requirements but i really think they need to change the skill system in how it rewards or removes points, For instance losing connection, Blue error screen or getting taken out in a race shouldn't result in you losing like a week worth of points you earned, Like a win might only give you 5 to 10 points at higher ranks but getting taken out the next race you could lose 300 points just like that through no error of your own you might lose a weeks progress when you work every day so only spend a few hours on it a day you get penalised way to heavy.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Codemasters has said and promised so many things, and say they are aware, but it's the follow up what's missing year after year. 

I don't believe a word they say or what they promise anymore, until I actually see the proof on screen that it has been fixed.

they are aware! Remember these words. You will find it in the dictionary with description:

don't take codemasters words and promises seriously. They say A but B is never been seen.

I do not want to bypass the main subject of this thread, but I simply have a question: Why do you continue to buy their games year after year?

I do not expect an answer and I will not comment anymore on the subject, please just think about it ...

Cheers mate and hope to see you on track soon!

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, pgendron said:

I do not want to bypass the main subject of this thread, but I simply have a question: Why do you continue to buy their games year after year?

I do not expect an answer and I will not comment anymore on the subject, please just think about it ...

Cheers mate and hope to see you on track soon!

I buy it because I'm a big F1 fan for 25 years and counting, and since there's game's available I have every game on hardcopy. It startet as fun, but now I want to have every year's hardcopy for my collection😉 this is also the only game I buy on hardcopy, the rest are digital buys.

So i also have F1 licensed games from other studio's.

Edited by AlexTT
  • Like 1

It amazes me more and more how in the weekly event I get put in a lobby full of red bars where I'm the only green bar, and safety rating B to D while I have S!?

no need to say that that race didn't end so well for me. It was like I was in a Mad Max movie. 

Offcourse those were all assist drivers and I see them overtaking in beggots and meggots through grass and shortcutting everywhere.

CM explain to me how that's in any form fair competition? Teleporting cars around who drive like they escaped the looney bin with those jackets still on? 

and on top of that, in the assist setting my ERS is set to manual, and in the race it's suddenly automatic???

• Sad 1

Okay. Again I lost some big points. Did 2 ranked races yesterday. Did get a p3 podium and a 4th place. Earning some skillpoint. I quite yesterday with 15xx points. I just started the game up and AGAIN lost points. Just vanished! I'm now 13xx skillpoints. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I'm starting to lose my mind right now.

weekly event, thought give it another shot. Beeing placed in lobby with lots of so called gold "skill" players and I immediately thought that hell has frozen over again. 

First of all my ERS was set to automatic AGAIN but I have it on manual, but okay.

race starts, and immediately the stupidity went to a next level. 50% went completely FULL ******.Cars spinning left and right, wonderous I could all dodge them. After half a lap I was from 10 to 5. Okay okay, i'll take it because the cheaters are impossible to catch and I don't want to ruin my tyres.

then it began, SAFETY CAR! And i got a very nasty feeling that that is going to get messy, and YES! Right away some mentally challenged guy is overtaking people and slamming them in the side, NAILING EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE 5 SECONDS TIME PENALTY! Like ***!? Someone is screwing literally 8 to 10 persons over (ME INCLUDED AND DAMAGE TO MY WING!!! FFS!!!)

HOW CAN SOMEONE DURING SAFETY CAR OVERTAKE PEOPLE, SIDESLAM THEM, AND THE VICTIMS GET PENALIZED!?!? He was just delibirately destroying everyone's race! 

Now the kicker! Apparently is safety car periods such a long time and not valculated that it SHOULD NOT INFLUENCE your score, but 198.000 points is a joke, coming from 294.000 in a race i was totally struggeling and slower then today because of someone who escaped a mental institute and 2 laps behind the safety car.

every race i run in weekly the **** get's worse and more broken! What a disaster that whole weekly event turns out to be.

horrible matchmaking included putting redbars with green bars. 

THIS IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE AND A JOKE! 

FIX YOUR ****!

Edited by AlexTT
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2