F1 2019 - Skill Rating system broken [SG]

Question

Version: 1.04

Platform: Playstation 4, Xbox and PC

Mode: Ranked Online (5 laps and 25% distance) 

Whenever I'm playing online ranked mode, I'm getting way too low amount of skill points when I win. I know it depends on amount of players in lobby, but for example, in 10 player lobby, when I finish 4, I'm getting like 10 points max. And what's worse, it doesn't matter if I drive 5 laps or 25% distance. But now the worst part. If you place somewhere in the back, game takes way too much points from you. Once I was driving on 1sf position and I've got error... I lost about 300 skill points. This is ridiculous and not even my fault. 

TL:DR: We lose way too much skill points for stuff like being rammed, destroyed or even from game errors and we are earning way too low. Stuff like this shouldn't even happen... Going for the achievement Pure Gold itself is pain in the ass. At least give us ability to improve skill rating in unranked matches while playing with our friends. 

Sorry to say this, but the game is once again broken in online mode at the start. Year after year the same thing happens over and over again. I think, like the rest of us, that it's time to do something with this finally. 

We came up with few solutions (with forums help of course) that can help us and dev team to decide what to do with this problem:

Significantly increase rewarding points and lower the negative ones. We are being punished way too hard right now. Points are also really slowing down when around 1800 points. We are winning like couple of points (if we are lucky) and losing tons of them (when not lucky). 

Positive points for more places than just above 50%. Sometimes we even get negative points for placing much higher than half of the grid and we're still getting negative points. It's really depressing to when you're being punished for your hard work. 

- Completely remove negative points for being destroyed, disconnections and game errors. It's not our fault, so we shouldn't be punished for such an accidents. No points won't hurt anybody and we can at least play and have fun without being worried that someone will ram us to the wall. 

- Give us ability to increase Skill Rating in Unranked races. We can play with friends and that way increase skill and than be matched with other players that know how to race. I'm mean, for real, nobody would mind that, right? 

- Lower requirements for the "Pure Gold" trophy/achievement. It's kinda linked to above points but it doesn't hurt to mention it. Right now it's really very unfair achievement. 

- I know this is not related strictly to the skill rating system, but please improve penalty system. It needs drastic updates, because right now there literally no penalty system at all. People can do whatever they want and there's no punishment. 

PS. 

Please, if you really want this problem to be fixed, spread the word and share link to this topic whenever you need. The more people will give their voice the more chances it will be fixed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 17

Posted (edited)

I'm starting to lose my mind right now.

weekly event, thought give it another shot. Beeing placed in lobby with lots of so called gold "skill" players and I immediately thought that hell has frozen over again. 

First of all my ERS was set to automatic AGAIN but I have it on manual, but okay.

race starts, and immediately the stupidity went to a next level. 50% went completely FULL ******.Cars spinning left and right, wonderous I could all dodge them. After half a lap I was from 10 to 5. Okay okay, i'll take it because the cheaters are impossible to catch and I don't want to ruin my tyres.

then it began, SAFETY CAR! And i got a very nasty feeling that that is going to get messy, and YES! Right away some mentally challenged guy is overtaking people and slamming them in the side, NAILING EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE 5 SECONDS TIME PENALTY! Like ***!? Someone is screwing literally 8 to 10 persons over (ME INCLUDED AND DAMAGE TO MY WING!!! FFS!!!)

HOW CAN SOMEONE DURING SAFETY CAR OVERTAKE PEOPLE, SIDESLAM THEM, AND THE VICTIMS GET PENALIZED!?!? He was just delibirately destroying everyone's race! 

Now the kicker! Apparently is safety car periods such a long time and not valculated that it SHOULD NOT INFLUENCE your score, but 198.000 points is a joke, coming from 294.000 in a race i was totally struggeling and slower then today because of someone who escaped a mental institute and 2 laps behind the safety car.

every race i run in weekly the **** get's worse and more broken! What a disaster that whole weekly event turns out to be.

horrible matchmaking included putting redbars with green bars. 

THIS IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE AND A JOKE! 

FIX YOUR ****!

Edited by AlexTT
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, TheVeryLazyTowel said:

This years system is broken in so many ways its not even funny.

In a 24 hour span, I raced 10-15 races winning 4 of them, going up anywhere from 15-40 points a win.  I then also had a few 3-5 finishes, in a near full lobby mind you. In this period I also had 2 DnF's from various players being horrible ie Spun into a wall, Accident ahead not ghosting when its 5 seconds away. In this span I went from a peak of 1,968 skill to now being 1,594. This is literally the worst ranking system due to the simple fact that if you are taking out via rage etc you are punished just as harshly, and in some cases worse than the perpetrator.

League racing and Single play it is then......

Moving this Here to the proper thread.

Edited by TheVeryLazyTowel

I'M DONE WITH THUS BROKEN PIECE OF ****!

THE AI IN WEEKLY IS JUST AS CRAZY AS PLAYERS! I GET TAKEN OUT BY AI AND THEY FINISHED MY RACE! I thought I went nuts. 

IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOOK OUT FOR MORON PLAYERS, CODEMASTERS MADE SURE THE AI IS THE PERFECT SUBSTITUTE. AI DOESN'T HESITATE FOR A SECOND TO RAM YOU PIT YOU OR DO OTHER CRAZY ****! 

And best part was, I WAS LEADING THE RACE BUT HAD JUST MADE A STOP. 

There goes another good result down the toilet thanks to the wonderful programming of CODEMASTERS.

DID YOU KNOW THAT WHEN YOU HAVE REDBARS IN THE LOBBY THAT THE AI ALSO STARTS LAGGING LIKE CRAZY?

Really everything is designed to **** off the players as much as possible and completely destroy any form of fun in this piece of **** game! 

GODDAM! I'M SO ****** OFF RIGHT NOW! 

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)

Yet again another day i get blue error screen on PS4 mid race and lose 400+ points nice going Codemasters how should this even be possible knowing a console can crash or internet can cut out and you lose points from something like that is insane @Faya

Edited by Lightsp33d1987
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Can we not all agree that the best skill point system for online ranked races would be to base it on real life and not the size of lobbies as i won yesterday in a 6 man lobby i got 1 point yes 1 point next race i finish 5th i lost 30 points that would take me 30 wins in that lobby to regain those lost points, This system doesn't work at all and penalize those in smaller lobbies quite heavy lets get it so it's a set format regardless of lobby size so just like real life:-

1st - 25 Points

2nd - 18 Points

3rd - 15 Points

4th - 12 Points

5th - 10 Points

6th - 8 Points

7th - 6 Points

8th - 4 Points

9th - 2 Points

10th - 1 Point

Also you could add an extra point for fastest lap now if you really wanted you could make - points for lower than 10th and make it backwards so 11th - -1 Point, 12th - -2 Points and so on this just seems like it should be something so simple to change i love racing online for the most part but this skill system is just so unfair due to rammers, game crashes, loss of connection etc.

• Agree 5

13 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Can we not all agree that the best skill point system for online ranked races would be to base it on real life and not the size of lobbies as i won yesterday in a 6 man lobby i got 1 point yes 1 point next race i finish 5th i lost 30 points that would take me 30 wins in that lobby to regain those lost points, This system doesn't work at all and penalize those in smaller lobbies quite heavy lets get it so it's a set format regardless of lobby size so just like real life:-

1st - 25 Points

2nd - 18 Points

3rd - 15 Points

4th - 12 Points

5th - 10 Points

6th - 8 Points

7th - 6 Points

8th - 4 Points

9th - 2 Points

10th - 1 Point

Also you could add an extra point for fastest lap now if you really wanted you could make - points for lower than 10th and make it backwards so 11th - -1 Point, 12th - -2 Points and so on this just seems like it should be something so simple to change i love racing online for the most part but this skill system is just so unfair due to rammers, game crashes, loss of connection etc.

I think that's a fantastic idea, maybe less than the top 10 because obviously lobbies with 10 or less would always get points but your idea with some tiny tweaks would be great!

• Agree 1

I have no idea how you guys are keep putting up with this. Struggling to gain a few points then keep losing hundreds for one reason or another.

That's why...

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:34 AM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

1st - 25 Points

2nd - 18 Points

3rd - 15 Points

4th - 12 Points

5th - 10 Points

6th - 8 Points

7th - 6 Points

8th - 4 Points

9th - 2 Points

10th - 1 Point

This got my full support.

Posted (edited)

I would mostly aggree to this excellent idea, as I also had a similar idea here:

Reward players with a fixed ammount of points descending from finishing Position (1 - 10, as in real live or maybe even until pos. 19).

Linking the rewarded points to:

1. number of Drivers in lobby

2. skill of Opponent drivers

3. Position Change(!!!)

I think we all agree here that there should not be any negative points. (or maybe even negative points could be linked to penalties, which could lead some of those crash-obsessed people to stop or just to meet on their own (when matchmaing will be ok), when they are down with their safety rating at C or D or whatever and all on Bronze skill Level). Because getting crashed at the start (due to somebody elses fault), getting a damage and then not being able to catch up to (even lower skilled drivers) and losing points for this is just the most annoying thing you can think about in this game at the moment. Yesterday I lost over 30 % of my safety Rating, because of a Crash at the start, but not even getting a warning - and also not afterwars during the rest of the race. That is just rediculous.

In career mode the commentators are constantly asking each other after the race who their "racer of the day" would be. At least in F1 2018 it has been mostly the racer who has gained the most positions during the race. So obviously the importance of gaining postions (and this making a successful race to some Players) is familiar to Codemasters, otherwise they would not have added those commentaries to the game. So why not link rewarded points to gained Position? maybe 1 Point for each gained position.

Of course also the fastest lap should be rewarded in skill points.

So let's say a win would give 25 Points. Starting from pos. 5, getting fastest lap in a Lobby of 15 against higher skilled opponents. That would be 25 + 4 + 1 = 30 points + x % for size of Lobby (I would suggest to a Bonus of max. 100% for a full Lobby, down to + 10% for a Lobby of 11 - lobbies of 10 or less just would be the fixed points) + x % for skill of opponents ( max. + 100% related to the ammount of opponents finished behind yourself having a higher skill). In this example the winner would get 25 + 4 + 1 + 15 + 30 = 75 points. This would also lead to maybe the second placed Driver getting more points than the winner (because maybe he had started way back in the grid and the winner started from pole position. But as I don't see the obtained points of my opponents and I really don't care, as long as I don't get penalized for making a good race. A good race is always linked to the starting position. That is obviously not minded in the Status quo of the skill Level.

Another Thing I have experienced is that if i did not make it through the qualifying because of entering the Lobby late and I will start from the back, I gain positions, but other Players quitting the session suddenly ending up me being last. Nevertheless for me it has been a successful race (because of gaining positions). It is not my fault if other Players quit during a race, so why should I get less points or even negative points for this? The number of divers in the Lobby should be fix at the beginning of the race session, so even if some Drivers quit there have to be given the points calculated on the originally ammount of Drivers. For example: starting in a race of 6, I am 2nd. 4 Players Crash and they all quit. So after they quit I am still 2nd. but not 2nd of 6, but 2nd of 2. Making me the last, although nobody overtook me or I made a mistake at all.

With this Kind of calculating the skill points I think it would be the best solution for all players to be happy. Because then their skill Level is indeed based on their skill (resp. on their effort) and not on luck or anybody's mood to crash or not to crash.

In the end it is still a game which is supposed to be fun for all. But due to these issues almost everybody playing is behaving like a raged Vettel. No race without crashes, because everyone's defending his position to the death (of the car) because nobody knows if he will get negative points after losing only one single position. Leading again to both Drivers getting negative points for crashing and ruining both races. Everybody would be much more relaxed if he knew that he still would get points although loosing a position. Then we would have much more racing and no demolition Derbys anymore.

Edited by DSCDjango

Talking about position change yeah points should be awarded somehow for that as for instance I started 19th and finished 5th and lost 20 odd points if someone can survive to get in the top 5 without dying surely that should be awarded skill points?

I just signed up to chime in and support the other good people in here. The ranking system is one word ridiculous. I started the day at 1751 points, then got crashed into a few times and dropped literally hundreds of points. As said many times above, the system is waaaaaay too punishing especially given the fact that in virtually every race surviving the first corner is just luck of the draw. Give more points for good results and deduct less for bad results/dnf's. Alternatively, please change the trophy requirements to just achieve a ranking like last year (I mean it's only a bronze anyway, come on!) or even make it require just silver tier 2/3 if you must.  

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

Was racing online 2019-07-18 around 21h30 on Xbox One and suddently lost the connection... (what I was thinking first)... After that, I realise that it was the Codemasters servers that crashed, because I was unable to connect anymore... When I was finally able to connect, ONLY 10 players were online which suggests me that everyone crashed ... :classic_wacko:

Best of all, I LOST 35 points... COME ON !!! BLACK FLAG CODEMASTERS !!! 🏴 🏴 🏴

1.png

2.png

Edited by TotalBeerFest

Posted (edited)

So I just had a race where there were only 3 of us, all of equal level. I come in second and drove the fastest lap. You guessed it, I lost points. So now I'm being punished for your game not having enough players as well? Can you imagine people going for this achievement when the game isn't so hot anymore? It'll be literally impossible then. Please fix this fast. 

Edited by robinworldwide
  • Agree 3

9 hours ago, TotalBeerFest said:

2.png

🔶 Ohhh... and by the way, it would be a good idea to put a "Cancel" button or something like that on this screen ... I stayed frozen for almost 10 minutes and forced to restart my console.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robinworldwide said:

So I just had a race where there were only 3 of us, all of equal level. I come in second and drove the fastest lap. You guessed it, I lost points. So now I'm being punished for your game not having enough players as well? Can you imagine people going for this achievement when the game isn't so hot anymore? It'll be literally impossible then. Please fix this fast. 

I am unfortunately in a similar situation ... I am on the edge between experienced players (which I consider myself) and the best racers... Consequence, I find myself in lobbies with players much more faster than me, but I I'm not able to finish on the podium ... I'm not able to gain 1 single point, I'm just losing between 30 and 35 points EACH RACES. I even leave the lobbie and try to find a new game, but I always find myself with the same group of players because of my "S" safety rating!!!

What should I do ... start playing the wrecking ball to lower my ratings and be able to match myself with weaker players ???

• Agree 1

Same thing was happening to me with S ranking, now i'm down to B and problem now is that it's more an destruction derby than a race.

same with small lobbies, we're getting punished cause there's not many people online. This is beyond unfair.  

I'd rather earn 0 points for finishing last instead of losing 10-15 points.

any updates on how you'll change this unfair skill ranking?

• Agree 2

Sry last rant I promise. I was at 1856 points so still a fair bit off gold and came in second in a 13 driver race. I got rewarded a whopping 12 points. It's laughable really.

32 minutes ago, robinworldwide said:

Sry last rant I promise. I was at 1856 points so still a fair bit off gold and came in second in a 13 driver race. I got rewarded a whopping 12 points. It's laughable really.

Sad thing is that one bad race can make you lose double off those points

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Quickey said:

Sad thing is that one bad race can make you lose double off those points

Double? And the rest if you have a lobby full of people who go bonkers.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Double? And the rest if you have a lobby full of people who go bonkers.

You're right, depends on the how many people in the lobby who's only goal is to destroy other peoples race

• Agree 1

Was so close yesterday was 1986 and in a 16 player lobby came 4th and lost 40+ points next race it dropped to 15 players i came 3rd and gained 4 points oh i really don't know what to say anymore it's almost laughable this so called skill rating.

I just decided not to play ranked MP anymore until this stuff has been fixed. It's all redicoulus. Whenever I play in ranked lobbies I lose points at the end of the day. Instead I will concentrate on Career mode now...

27 minutes ago, DSCDjango said:

I just decided not to play ranked MP anymore until this stuff has been fixed. It's all redicoulus. Whenever I play in ranked lobbies I lose points at the end of the day. Instead I will concentrate on Career mode now...

I think I’m gonna do the same, you take ages getting to above 1800 then 1 race later someone pushes you off and you finish towards the back only to have 100 points taken off you.

i had one race where the game crashed straight after qualifying and i lost 100 points straight way, then joined the same lobby and the race finished and lost another 100 points.

this stuff needs to be sorted out before a game is released, I’m sure people aren’t bothered if the game came out usual date and it’s all complete not like this

Posted (edited)

Finally got this trophy but i really hope they change the way skill rating works and for the trophy/achievement hunters they maybe change the requirements as it's just so brutal and unfair right now.

67372650_10157036910740342_2699583882671423488_o.jpg

Edited by Lightsp33d1987

Posted (edited)

I totally agree with your suggestions, but CM said I dont f.....g care

Edited by sy1006

On 7/22/2019 at 11:52 PM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Finally got this trophy but i really hope they change the way skill rating works and for the trophy/achievement hunters they maybe change the requirements as it's just so brutal and unfair right now.

67372650_10157036910740342_2699583882671423488_o.jpg

do u have any advices for us?