F1 2019 - Skill Rating system broken [SG]

I just signed up to chime in and support the other good people in here. The ranking system is one word ridiculous. I started the day at 1751 points, then got crashed into a few times and dropped literally hundreds of points. As said many times above, the system is waaaaaay too punishing especially given the fact that in virtually every race surviving the first corner is just luck of the draw. Give more points for good results and deduct less for bad results/dnf's. Alternatively, please change the trophy requirements to just achieve a ranking like last year (I mean it's only a bronze anyway, come on!) or even make it require just silver tier 2/3 if you must.  

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

Was racing online 2019-07-18 around 21h30 on Xbox One and suddently lost the connection... (what I was thinking first)... After that, I realise that it was the Codemasters servers that crashed, because I was unable to connect anymore... When I was finally able to connect, ONLY 10 players were online which suggests me that everyone crashed ... :classic_wacko:

Best of all, I LOST 35 points... COME ON !!! BLACK FLAG CODEMASTERS !!! 🏴 🏴 🏴

1.png

2.png

Edited by TotalBeerFest

Posted (edited)

So I just had a race where there were only 3 of us, all of equal level. I come in second and drove the fastest lap. You guessed it, I lost points. So now I'm being punished for your game not having enough players as well? Can you imagine people going for this achievement when the game isn't so hot anymore? It'll be literally impossible then. Please fix this fast. 

Edited by robinworldwide
  • Agree 3

9 hours ago, TotalBeerFest said:

2.png

🔶 Ohhh... and by the way, it would be a good idea to put a "Cancel" button or something like that on this screen ... I stayed frozen for almost 10 minutes and forced to restart my console.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robinworldwide said:

So I just had a race where there were only 3 of us, all of equal level. I come in second and drove the fastest lap. You guessed it, I lost points. So now I'm being punished for your game not having enough players as well? Can you imagine people going for this achievement when the game isn't so hot anymore? It'll be literally impossible then. Please fix this fast. 

I am unfortunately in a similar situation ... I am on the edge between experienced players (which I consider myself) and the best racers... Consequence, I find myself in lobbies with players much more faster than me, but I I'm not able to finish on the podium ... I'm not able to gain 1 single point, I'm just losing between 30 and 35 points EACH RACES. I even leave the lobbie and try to find a new game, but I always find myself with the same group of players because of my "S" safety rating!!!

What should I do ... start playing the wrecking ball to lower my ratings and be able to match myself with weaker players ???

• Agree 1

Same thing was happening to me with S ranking, now i'm down to B and problem now is that it's more an destruction derby than a race.

same with small lobbies, we're getting punished cause there's not many people online. This is beyond unfair.  

I'd rather earn 0 points for finishing last instead of losing 10-15 points.

any updates on how you'll change this unfair skill ranking?

• Agree 2

Sry last rant I promise. I was at 1856 points so still a fair bit off gold and came in second in a 13 driver race. I got rewarded a whopping 12 points. It's laughable really.

32 minutes ago, robinworldwide said:

Sry last rant I promise. I was at 1856 points so still a fair bit off gold and came in second in a 13 driver race. I got rewarded a whopping 12 points. It's laughable really.

Sad thing is that one bad race can make you lose double off those points

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Quickey said:

Sad thing is that one bad race can make you lose double off those points

Double? And the rest if you have a lobby full of people who go bonkers.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Double? And the rest if you have a lobby full of people who go bonkers.

You're right, depends on the how many people in the lobby who's only goal is to destroy other peoples race

• Agree 1

Was so close yesterday was 1986 and in a 16 player lobby came 4th and lost 40+ points next race it dropped to 15 players i came 3rd and gained 4 points oh i really don't know what to say anymore it's almost laughable this so called skill rating.

I just decided not to play ranked MP anymore until this stuff has been fixed. It's all redicoulus. Whenever I play in ranked lobbies I lose points at the end of the day. Instead I will concentrate on Career mode now...

27 minutes ago, DSCDjango said:

I just decided not to play ranked MP anymore until this stuff has been fixed. It's all redicoulus. Whenever I play in ranked lobbies I lose points at the end of the day. Instead I will concentrate on Career mode now...

I think I’m gonna do the same, you take ages getting to above 1800 then 1 race later someone pushes you off and you finish towards the back only to have 100 points taken off you.

i had one race where the game crashed straight after qualifying and i lost 100 points straight way, then joined the same lobby and the race finished and lost another 100 points.

this stuff needs to be sorted out before a game is released, I’m sure people aren’t bothered if the game came out usual date and it’s all complete not like this

Posted (edited)

Finally got this trophy but i really hope they change the way skill rating works and for the trophy/achievement hunters they maybe change the requirements as it's just so brutal and unfair right now.

67372650_10157036910740342_2699583882671423488_o.jpg

Edited by Lightsp33d1987

Posted (edited)

I totally agree with your suggestions, but CM said I dont f.....g care

Edited by sy1006

On 7/22/2019 at 11:52 PM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Finally got this trophy but i really hope they change the way skill rating works and for the trophy/achievement hunters they maybe change the requirements as it's just so brutal and unfair right now.

67372650_10157036910740342_2699583882671423488_o.jpg

do u have any advices for us?

Congrats @Lightsp33d1987 for getting this annoying, frustrating trophy.

meanwhile i wonder if there are new updates on how this unfair skill rating is being dealt with. @Hoo @Faya

I just lost 10 points for ending 3rd in a 4 player race.

Is it my fault that not many people are online? No

Should i be punished for that? No

if i lost this many, the person who won probably earned only 1 point, this is  such an unfair system

14 hours ago, sy1006 said:

do u have any advices for us?

Only play in lobbies with at least 10 but more the better more players = more points and from there it's all luck and skill I would start last then get on the podium due to rammers, A lot of the time even getting pole your race would be over at the first corner people just love to ram.

On 7/22/2019 at 2:36 PM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Was so close yesterday was 1986 and in a 16 player lobby came 4th and lost 40+ points next race it dropped to 15 players i came 3rd and gained 4 points oh i really don't know what to say anymore it's almost laughable this so called skill rating.

I'm fairly certain it also takes into account what the skill rating of the other players is. The better your opponents are, the more points you obtain. However 'fair' this may seem at first, it's never good having to be reliant on other people to obtain something. I've made this point before, but can you imagine people who buy this game in 6 months having to go for this? They'd be lucky to get a lobby of 4 during non peak hours and this will become virtually unobtainable.

Last weekend I made it to 1949 points, I was so close. Then I got the blue screen of death. When I booted my game back up I was at 1713. Happy days. 

An update on this from Codemasters would be very much appreciated. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, robinworldwide said:

I'm fairly certain it also takes into account what the skill rating of the other players is. The better your opponents are, the more points you obtain. However 'fair' this may seem at first, it's never good having to be reliant on other people to obtain something. I've made this point before, but can you imagine people who buy this game in 6 months having to go for this? They'd be lucky to get a lobby of 4 during non peak hours and this will become virtually unobtainable.

Last weekend I made it to 1949 points, I was so close. Then I got the blue screen of death. When I booted my game back up I was at 1713. Happy days. 

An update on this from Codemasters would be very much appreciated. 

Without a doubt the system in place is extremely flawed and as you pointed out the size of the lobbies in the future you would have to win and even then you might only get 2 points but a loss they would still take off like 20 to 30 points off you.

Edited by Lightsp33d1987

Please CM. ..patch this skillpoint rating system. I did a ranked 25% today in a small lobby with 6 people. Everything went pretty well. I was first after 4 laps or something. Eventually I came close to a backmarker. He just bumper car me into the gravel and wall... What the... I'm I supposed to do against these trolls?? Luckely I won the race after a second pitstop and new front wing, but this is just nuts. But my safety rating has fallen to a C. 

Got a blue screen today. Was in a lobby. Not even a race. Lost 150 points or something. Went from 1730 to 1565. Good job CM. Keep up your good work 👌

6 hours ago, Slimmie1987 said:

Got a blue screen today. Was in a lobby. Not even a race. Lost 150 points or something. Went from 1730 to 1565. Good job CM. Keep up your good work 👌

I had a race earlier which i won, then came up error the race you was spectacting in no longer available 😂😂  

Posted (edited)

@bricks28 Dude, that sucks. The game is just so damn unstable. And with all those online trolls.. It's not even funny anymore. It's absolute trash like this.. 

Again I did a race. Started at the back. I avoided first lap carnage but at the end of the straight there was somebody waiting for me on purpose. Yep, a big side slam.. My race was over.. Lost 70 points. I seriously don't know If I ever get an A skill rating like this. 

Edited by Slimmie1987

7 hours ago, Slimmie1987 said:

@bricks28 Dude, that sucks. The game is just so damn unstable. And with all those online trolls.. It's not even funny anymore. It's absolute trash like this.. 

Again I did a race. Started at the back. I avoided first lap carnage but at the end of the straight there was somebody waiting for me on purpose. Yep, a big side slam.. My race was over.. Lost 70 points. I seriously don't know If I ever get an A skill rating like this. 

Not sure if you are getting things mixed up as you need gold skill rating and A safety rating for the skill you need to keep getting podiums to really make progress, For safety A just stay at the back avoid everyone and dont cut corners and you will get that in no time.