F1 2019 - Skill Rating system broken [SG]

Question

Version: 1.04

Platform: Playstation 4, Xbox and PC

Mode: Ranked Online (5 laps and 25% distance) 

Whenever I'm playing online ranked mode, I'm getting way too low amount of skill points when I win. I know it depends on amount of players in lobby, but for example, in 10 player lobby, when I finish 4, I'm getting like 10 points max. And what's worse, it doesn't matter if I drive 5 laps or 25% distance. But now the worst part. If you place somewhere in the back, game takes way too much points from you. Once I was driving on 1sf position and I've got error... I lost about 300 skill points. This is ridiculous and not even my fault. 

TL:DR: We lose way too much skill points for stuff like being rammed, destroyed or even from game errors and we are earning way too low. Stuff like this shouldn't even happen... Going for the achievement Pure Gold itself is pain in the ass. At least give us ability to improve skill rating in unranked matches while playing with our friends. 

Sorry to say this, but the game is once again broken in online mode at the start. Year after year the same thing happens over and over again. I think, like the rest of us, that it's time to do something with this finally. 

We came up with few solutions (with forums help of course) that can help us and dev team to decide what to do with this problem:

Significantly increase rewarding points and lower the negative ones. We are being punished way too hard right now. Points are also really slowing down when around 1800 points. We are winning like couple of points (if we are lucky) and losing tons of them (when not lucky). 

Positive points for more places than just above 50%. Sometimes we even get negative points for placing much higher than half of the grid and we're still getting negative points. It's really depressing to when you're being punished for your hard work. 

- Completely remove negative points for being destroyed, disconnections and game errors. It's not our fault, so we shouldn't be punished for such an accidents. No points won't hurt anybody and we can at least play and have fun without being worried that someone will ram us to the wall. 

- Give us ability to increase Skill Rating in Unranked races. We can play with friends and that way increase skill and than be matched with other players that know how to race. I'm mean, for real, nobody would mind that, right? 

- Lower requirements for the "Pure Gold" trophy/achievement. It's kinda linked to above points but it doesn't hurt to mention it. Right now it's really very unfair achievement. 

- I know this is not related strictly to the skill rating system, but please improve penalty system. It needs drastic updates, because right now there literally no penalty system at all. People can do whatever they want and there's no punishment. 

PS. 

Please, if you really want this problem to be fixed, spread the word and share link to this topic whenever you need. The more people will give their voice the more chances it will be fixed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 17

Congrats @Lightsp33d1987 for getting this annoying, frustrating trophy.

meanwhile i wonder if there are new updates on how this unfair skill rating is being dealt with. @Hoo @Faya

I just lost 10 points for ending 3rd in a 4 player race.

Is it my fault that not many people are online? No

Should i be punished for that? No

if i lost this many, the person who won probably earned only 1 point, this is  such an unfair system

14 hours ago, sy1006 said:

do u have any advices for us?

Only play in lobbies with at least 10 but more the better more players = more points and from there it's all luck and skill I would start last then get on the podium due to rammers, A lot of the time even getting pole your race would be over at the first corner people just love to ram.

On 7/22/2019 at 2:36 PM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Was so close yesterday was 1986 and in a 16 player lobby came 4th and lost 40+ points next race it dropped to 15 players i came 3rd and gained 4 points oh i really don't know what to say anymore it's almost laughable this so called skill rating.

I'm fairly certain it also takes into account what the skill rating of the other players is. The better your opponents are, the more points you obtain. However 'fair' this may seem at first, it's never good having to be reliant on other people to obtain something. I've made this point before, but can you imagine people who buy this game in 6 months having to go for this? They'd be lucky to get a lobby of 4 during non peak hours and this will become virtually unobtainable.

Last weekend I made it to 1949 points, I was so close. Then I got the blue screen of death. When I booted my game back up I was at 1713. Happy days. 

An update on this from Codemasters would be very much appreciated. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, robinworldwide said:

I'm fairly certain it also takes into account what the skill rating of the other players is. The better your opponents are, the more points you obtain. However 'fair' this may seem at first, it's never good having to be reliant on other people to obtain something. I've made this point before, but can you imagine people who buy this game in 6 months having to go for this? They'd be lucky to get a lobby of 4 during non peak hours and this will become virtually unobtainable.

Last weekend I made it to 1949 points, I was so close. Then I got the blue screen of death. When I booted my game back up I was at 1713. Happy days. 

An update on this from Codemasters would be very much appreciated. 

Without a doubt the system in place is extremely flawed and as you pointed out the size of the lobbies in the future you would have to win and even then you might only get 2 points but a loss they would still take off like 20 to 30 points off you.

Edited by Lightsp33d1987

Please CM. ..patch this skillpoint rating system. I did a ranked 25% today in a small lobby with 6 people. Everything went pretty well. I was first after 4 laps or something. Eventually I came close to a backmarker. He just bumper car me into the gravel and wall... What the... I'm I supposed to do against these trolls?? Luckely I won the race after a second pitstop and new front wing, but this is just nuts. But my safety rating has fallen to a C. 

Got a blue screen today. Was in a lobby. Not even a race. Lost 150 points or something. Went from 1730 to 1565. Good job CM. Keep up your good work 👌

6 hours ago, Slimmie1987 said:

Got a blue screen today. Was in a lobby. Not even a race. Lost 150 points or something. Went from 1730 to 1565. Good job CM. Keep up your good work 👌

I had a race earlier which i won, then came up error the race you was spectacting in no longer available 😂😂  

Posted (edited)

@bricks28 Dude, that sucks. The game is just so damn unstable. And with all those online trolls.. It's not even funny anymore. It's absolute trash like this.. 

Again I did a race. Started at the back. I avoided first lap carnage but at the end of the straight there was somebody waiting for me on purpose. Yep, a big side slam.. My race was over.. Lost 70 points. I seriously don't know If I ever get an A skill rating like this. 

Edited by Slimmie1987

7 hours ago, Slimmie1987 said:

@bricks28 Dude, that sucks. The game is just so damn unstable. And with all those online trolls.. It's not even funny anymore. It's absolute trash like this.. 

Again I did a race. Started at the back. I avoided first lap carnage but at the end of the straight there was somebody waiting for me on purpose. Yep, a big side slam.. My race was over.. Lost 70 points. I seriously don't know If I ever get an A skill rating like this. 

Not sure if you are getting things mixed up as you need gold skill rating and A safety rating for the skill you need to keep getting podiums to really make progress, For safety A just stay at the back avoid everyone and dont cut corners and you will get that in no time.

This piece of trash is just broken... nothing to add

I got this achievement this morning, I had to de-tank myself to safety rating B to find it easier, it’s so much better to do it with lobby’s of 10 and always start from the back and let the carnage happen infront if you, then it’s easy overtakes, I’m just so glad that i don’t have to touch multiplayer again for achievements

4 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Not sure if you are getting things mixed up as you need gold skill rating and A safety rating for the skill you need to keep getting podiums to really make progress, For safety A just stay at the back avoid everyone and dont cut corners and you will get that in no time.

I know the differences. But If you have to retire because of some dump people, you lose skillpoints and your safety rating. 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, bricks28 said:

I got this achievement this morning, I had to de-tank myself to safety rating B to find it easier, it’s so much better to do it with lobby’s of 10 and always start from the back and let the carnage happen infront if you, then it’s easy overtakes, I’m just so glad that i don’t have to touch multiplayer again for achievements

Congrats man! I just hope I will ever get this one.. 

Posted (edited)

So I thought I give online another chance today. It didn't go well to say the least. It took me about 10 races to gain 80 points then come next race, someone crashes in front of me, no way to avoid it, DNF (and I was heading for the podium too). Lost all those points in ONE race. Very next race I get rammed in the third corner, lost even more. Of course at this point I'm angry and can't concentrate as much. It takes me a while to end up where I started at the end of the day. I played about 5 hours today with NOTHING to show for it.

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

So I thought I give online another chance today. It didn't go well to say the least. It took me about 10 races to gain 80 points then come next race, someone crashes in front of me, no way to avoid it, DNF (and I was heading for the podium too). Lost all those points in ONE race. Very next race I get rammed in the third corner, lost even more. Of course at this point I'm angry and can't concentrate as much. It takes me a while to end up where I started at the end of the day. I played about 5 hours today with NOTHING to show for it.

Man I feel your pain. The win/lose points are just not balanced. Its way too punishing right now. O man, I just hope they will patch this. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Slimmie1987 said:

I know the differences. But If you have to retire because of some dump people, you lose skillpoints and your safety rating. 

Being A and higher doesn't matter I kept making myself D and C to get this trophy played in big lobbies sometimes even 20 player and start at the back sometimes you can gain 10 places in the first corner, In D and C rank it's more about avoiding others taking each other out it's really sad to see no response from Codemasters about this skill system lately when clearly everyone agrees it needs adjusting.

Is this skill system about racing skills or about dodging skills?

i was seriously under the impression that F1 with a official license, would award racecraft and raceskill.

i guess this F1 stands for FAILURE 1. Fail to drop down, then go carmageddon combined with gta V, dodge some mf'ers and tadaaaaa GOLD SKILL!

broken? Hell no! 

As realistic as it can be! Best game ever! (To be the BEST DISASTER)

This skill raiting points is terrible. Add some point lose - 50? And evening i have 1600 morning 1300? *** codemasters fix it. Lose point for dnf or broke some player. 

• Agree 1

@Faya or @Hoo. Are there any updates on changes in Skill Rating System? We really hope so it's the next patch, right? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2019 at 4:45 PM, Patricko said:

@Faya or @Hoo. Are there any updates on changes in Skill Rating System? We really hope so it's the next patch, right? 

If they fix the balance even a little bit, It would be much better. But this is just ********. I had 1816 points going into Brazil. I was p2. But some idiot kamikaze freak had pushed me off the track into the wall... terminal damage.. In lap 5 on the main straight. It just sucks bigtime. Lost 60 points or something. I takes ages to win 60 points again if you are lucky.. 

Edited by Slimmie1987

I had reached 1766 on Friday.

I'm now at 1596 as of last night.

I've lowered myself from S to B and will follow everyone's advice to start in the back to avoid the rammers and chaos.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JStory17 said:

I've lowered myself from S to B and will follow everyone's advice to start in the back to avoid the rammers and chaos.

How did you do... Is it possible without crashing with other players ???

I also consider the possibility.... If I am S, I should expect to lose how many points... and how many races will it take?

Worst is that I have the feeling that once B, I will have to create some accidents to keep this rank... !!! STUPID !!!

Edited by TotalBeerFest

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Patricko said:

They do not even speak about in the upcoming 1.06 patch... 

I begin to believe the words of @AlexTT about that fact they will not do nothing

Edited by TotalBeerFest

7 hours ago, TotalBeerFest said:

How did you do... Is it possible without crashing with other players ???

I also consider the possibility.... If I am S, I should expect to lose how many points... and how many races will it take?

Worst is that I have the feeling that once B, I will have to create some accidents to keep this rank... !!! STUPID !!!

Just cut some corners here and there mate.

• Agree 2

Allright, maybe it's time to become a dirty driver myself. I seriously want to be a sportsman, but I don't get sportsmanship in return. So I think I have no choice. I'm going to brake test people, push them of the track and cutting corners...or CM can patch this in the next patch. Why not permanent ghost cars? That would help a lot also. Lost 200 points yesterday. All my hard fought points completely destroyed in 4 races.. 

• Sad 1