F1 2019 - Skill Rating system broken [SG]

This piece of trash is just broken... nothing to add

I got this achievement this morning, I had to de-tank myself to safety rating B to find it easier, it’s so much better to do it with lobby’s of 10 and always start from the back and let the carnage happen infront if you, then it’s easy overtakes, I’m just so glad that i don’t have to touch multiplayer again for achievements

4 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Not sure if you are getting things mixed up as you need gold skill rating and A safety rating for the skill you need to keep getting podiums to really make progress, For safety A just stay at the back avoid everyone and dont cut corners and you will get that in no time.

I know the differences. But If you have to retire because of some dump people, you lose skillpoints and your safety rating. 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, bricks28 said:

I got this achievement this morning, I had to de-tank myself to safety rating B to find it easier, it’s so much better to do it with lobby’s of 10 and always start from the back and let the carnage happen infront if you, then it’s easy overtakes, I’m just so glad that i don’t have to touch multiplayer again for achievements

Congrats man! I just hope I will ever get this one.. 

Posted (edited)

So I thought I give online another chance today. It didn't go well to say the least. It took me about 10 races to gain 80 points then come next race, someone crashes in front of me, no way to avoid it, DNF (and I was heading for the podium too). Lost all those points in ONE race. Very next race I get rammed in the third corner, lost even more. Of course at this point I'm angry and can't concentrate as much. It takes me a while to end up where I started at the end of the day. I played about 5 hours today with NOTHING to show for it.

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

So I thought I give online another chance today. It didn't go well to say the least. It took me about 10 races to gain 80 points then come next race, someone crashes in front of me, no way to avoid it, DNF (and I was heading for the podium too). Lost all those points in ONE race. Very next race I get rammed in the third corner, lost even more. Of course at this point I'm angry and can't concentrate as much. It takes me a while to end up where I started at the end of the day. I played about 5 hours today with NOTHING to show for it.

Man I feel your pain. The win/lose points are just not balanced. Its way too punishing right now. O man, I just hope they will patch this. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Slimmie1987 said:

I know the differences. But If you have to retire because of some dump people, you lose skillpoints and your safety rating. 

Being A and higher doesn't matter I kept making myself D and C to get this trophy played in big lobbies sometimes even 20 player and start at the back sometimes you can gain 10 places in the first corner, In D and C rank it's more about avoiding others taking each other out it's really sad to see no response from Codemasters about this skill system lately when clearly everyone agrees it needs adjusting.

Is this skill system about racing skills or about dodging skills?

i was seriously under the impression that F1 with a official license, would award racecraft and raceskill.

i guess this F1 stands for FAILURE 1. Fail to drop down, then go carmageddon combined with gta V, dodge some mf'ers and tadaaaaa GOLD SKILL!

broken? Hell no! 

As realistic as it can be! Best game ever! (To be the BEST DISASTER)

This skill raiting points is terrible. Add some point lose - 50? And evening i have 1600 morning 1300? *** codemasters fix it. Lose point for dnf or broke some player. 

• Agree 1

@Faya or @Hoo. Are there any updates on changes in Skill Rating System? We really hope so it's the next patch, right? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2019 at 4:45 PM, Patricko said:

@Faya or @Hoo. Are there any updates on changes in Skill Rating System? We really hope so it's the next patch, right? 

If they fix the balance even a little bit, It would be much better. But this is just ********. I had 1816 points going into Brazil. I was p2. But some idiot kamikaze freak had pushed me off the track into the wall... terminal damage.. In lap 5 on the main straight. It just sucks bigtime. Lost 60 points or something. I takes ages to win 60 points again if you are lucky.. 

Edited by Slimmie1987

I had reached 1766 on Friday.

I'm now at 1596 as of last night.

I've lowered myself from S to B and will follow everyone's advice to start in the back to avoid the rammers and chaos.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JStory17 said:

I've lowered myself from S to B and will follow everyone's advice to start in the back to avoid the rammers and chaos.

How did you do... Is it possible without crashing with other players ???

I also consider the possibility.... If I am S, I should expect to lose how many points... and how many races will it take?

Worst is that I have the feeling that once B, I will have to create some accidents to keep this rank... !!! STUPID !!!

Edited by TotalBeerFest

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Patricko said:

They do not even speak about in the upcoming 1.06 patch... 

I begin to believe the words of @AlexTT about that fact they will not do nothing

Edited by TotalBeerFest

7 hours ago, TotalBeerFest said:

I also consider the possibility.... If I am S, I should expect to lose how many points... and how many races will it take?

Worst is that I have the feeling that once B, I will have to create some accidents to keep this rank... !!! STUPID !!!

Just cut some corners here and there mate.

• Agree 2

Allright, maybe it's time to become a dirty driver myself. I seriously want to be a sportsman, but I don't get sportsmanship in return. So I think I have no choice. I'm going to brake test people, push them of the track and cutting corners...or CM can patch this in the next patch. Why not permanent ghost cars? That would help a lot also. Lost 200 points yesterday. All my hard fought points completely destroyed in 4 races.. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

If somebody from the Codemasters team responsible for the multiplayer part of the game could share their thoughts on the issues discussed here that would be very much appreciated. After all the game is made for us, the players if I'm not mistaken. The players have voiced their concerns, it's time to hear the developers' opinion!

Edited by drKotasz
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, TotalBeerFest said:

Oh, it happened on its own. People kept wrecking me and I dropped like a rock. It also helped that I started fighting back against the dirty drivers.

Posted (edited)

Wow. Just got 4 points finishing 3rh in a lobby of 14 people. Amazing! 

Edit: finished 3rd in a lobby with 7 people. - 4 points. Which Einstein has invented this skillpoints system? This needs an overhaul man.. 

Edited by Slimmie1987
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2019 at 11:44 AM, Hoo said:

Hi All,

Just to let you know that we have read all of the feedback and are examining the evidence provided. At this stage, we are still gathering info and trying to identify which elements are working as intended, which are broken and which may need rethinking. Once we've been through the issues and worked out possible options we'll let you know what we are planning. This is likely to take some time to get through, so please be patient. In the meantime, please continue to add screenshots of lobbies where the skill points awarded seemed incorrect, or where other issues occurred which affected your skill rating, and we will feed this info back to the dev team to help calibrate the system.

Thanks.

Hi @Hoo, here are some screenshot who could help you to calibrate the system.

I can not believe that I managed to get only a single point despite all my efforts.... ONE.... (1) single insignificant point !!!

How do you want us to progress with such a small increase vs the huge amount of points we lose when we are victim of players with bad attitude???

If you tell me to go faster, sorry that's the best I can do... You'll notice that I still managed to finish the race higher than my qualification position also by beating some players faster than me.

It would be greatly appreciated that you look into the problem as quickly as possible.

1.png

2.png

Edited by TotalBeerFest

@TotalBeerFest

I'm with you. The rewards of finishing races is just unbalanced. You lose more than you gain. It's not fair. It's totally luck based like this. 

Like some people said. This systeem needs a overhaul. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, Slimmie1987 said:

@TotalBeerFest

I'm with you. The rewards of finishing races is just unbalanced. You lose more than you gain. It's not fair. It's totally luck based like this. 

Like some people said. This systeem needs a overhaul. 

More like total removal just leave safety rating and player ranking up system we really dont need a so called skill rating as it means nothing if anything rename it to luck rating.

• Agree 3

@Hoo I’d also like to join the list of people not too happy about the rating system. Xbox One, tag HeatherEmilie, I’ve also commented on the Lvl 50 bug. 

I can play for hours, get close to what I think is the gold barrier at 2000 points, leave the game and come back the next day to find I’ve lost nearly 100 points. Today, while a race was loading, one of the other players was stuck so the race didn’t pass the load screen. Quit out of the game at 1910 points. Came back to the game to see I had 1544 points! I’m not sure why that reduced so much, but it’s hard enough getting close to gold only to have the points taken away without any warning. I’d like some form of explanation as to why and how this system works based on other drivers etc. I try to be fair but get penalised for “causing an accident” when I’ve locked up or worse still, been minding my own business trying to pass someone who locks up or isn’t giving fair space. It’s making it real hard to want to keep playing a game I was so looking forward to.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Thanks all for the feedback. I've been compiling this and sending this onto the dev team to review. 

• Thanks 4
  • Agree 2

Hi All,

The dev team are currently investigating a range of changes which they hope will address many of the points raised. The only issue which they have come back on already and ruled out is allowing skill rating in Unranked sessions, as this could break / unbalance the Ranked mode. If you can give the team a week or so to continue their investigations then I'll hopefully be able to update you with the details of what changes are being considered and when they are likely to appear.

Thanks to all who provided constructive help in the thread - it was very useful to help guide the discussions with the dev team!

Hoo.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1