F1 2019 - Skill Rating system broken [SG]

Question

Version: 1.04

Platform: Playstation 4, Xbox and PC

Mode: Ranked Online (5 laps and 25% distance) 

Whenever I'm playing online ranked mode, I'm getting way too low amount of skill points when I win. I know it depends on amount of players in lobby, but for example, in 10 player lobby, when I finish 4, I'm getting like 10 points max. And what's worse, it doesn't matter if I drive 5 laps or 25% distance. But now the worst part. If you place somewhere in the back, game takes way too much points from you. Once I was driving on 1sf position and I've got error... I lost about 300 skill points. This is ridiculous and not even my fault. 

TL:DR: We lose way too much skill points for stuff like being rammed, destroyed or even from game errors and we are earning way too low. Stuff like this shouldn't even happen... Going for the achievement Pure Gold itself is pain in the ass. At least give us ability to improve skill rating in unranked matches while playing with our friends. 

Sorry to say this, but the game is once again broken in online mode at the start. Year after year the same thing happens over and over again. I think, like the rest of us, that it's time to do something with this finally. 

We came up with few solutions (with forums help of course) that can help us and dev team to decide what to do with this problem:

Significantly increase rewarding points and lower the negative ones. We are being punished way too hard right now. Points are also really slowing down when around 1800 points. We are winning like couple of points (if we are lucky) and losing tons of them (when not lucky). 

Positive points for more places than just above 50%. Sometimes we even get negative points for placing much higher than half of the grid and we're still getting negative points. It's really depressing to when you're being punished for your hard work. 

- Completely remove negative points for being destroyed, disconnections and game errors. It's not our fault, so we shouldn't be punished for such an accidents. No points won't hurt anybody and we can at least play and have fun without being worried that someone will ram us to the wall. 

- Give us ability to increase Skill Rating in Unranked races. We can play with friends and that way increase skill and than be matched with other players that know how to race. I'm mean, for real, nobody would mind that, right? 

- Lower requirements for the "Pure Gold" trophy/achievement. It's kinda linked to above points but it doesn't hurt to mention it. Right now it's really very unfair achievement. 

- I know this is not related strictly to the skill rating system, but please improve penalty system. It needs drastic updates, because right now there literally no penalty system at all. People can do whatever they want and there's no punishment. 

PS. 

Please, if you really want this problem to be fixed, spread the word and share link to this topic whenever you need. The more people will give their voice the more chances it will be fixed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 17

15 hours ago, TotalBeerFest said:

How did you do... Is it possible without crashing with other players ???

I also consider the possibility.... If I am S, I should expect to lose how many points... and how many races will it take?

Oh, it happened on its own. People kept wrecking me and I dropped like a rock. It also helped that I started fighting back against the dirty drivers.

Posted (edited)

Wow. Just got 4 points finishing 3rh in a lobby of 14 people. Amazing! 

Edit: finished 3rd in a lobby with 7 people. - 4 points. Which Einstein has invented this skillpoints system? This needs an overhaul man.. 

Edited by Slimmie1987
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2019 at 11:44 AM, Hoo said:

Hi All,

Just to let you know that we have read all of the feedback and are examining the evidence provided. At this stage, we are still gathering info and trying to identify which elements are working as intended, which are broken and which may need rethinking. Once we've been through the issues and worked out possible options we'll let you know what we are planning. This is likely to take some time to get through, so please be patient. In the meantime, please continue to add screenshots of lobbies where the skill points awarded seemed incorrect, or where other issues occurred which affected your skill rating, and we will feed this info back to the dev team to help calibrate the system.

Thanks.

Hi @Hoo, here are some screenshot who could help you to calibrate the system.

I can not believe that I managed to get only a single point despite all my efforts.... ONE.... (1) single insignificant point !!!

How do you want us to progress with such a small increase vs the huge amount of points we lose when we are victim of players with bad attitude???

If you tell me to go faster, sorry that's the best I can do... You'll notice that I still managed to finish the race higher than my qualification position also by beating some players faster than me.

It would be greatly appreciated that you look into the problem as quickly as possible.

1.png

2.png

Edited by TotalBeerFest

@TotalBeerFest

I'm with you. The rewards of finishing races is just unbalanced. You lose more than you gain. It's not fair. It's totally luck based like this. 

Like some people said. This systeem needs a overhaul. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, Slimmie1987 said:

@TotalBeerFest

I'm with you. The rewards of finishing races is just unbalanced. You lose more than you gain. It's not fair. It's totally luck based like this. 

Like some people said. This systeem needs a overhaul. 

More like total removal just leave safety rating and player ranking up system we really dont need a so called skill rating as it means nothing if anything rename it to luck rating.

• Agree 3

@Hoo I’d also like to join the list of people not too happy about the rating system. Xbox One, tag HeatherEmilie, I’ve also commented on the Lvl 50 bug. 

I can play for hours, get close to what I think is the gold barrier at 2000 points, leave the game and come back the next day to find I’ve lost nearly 100 points. Today, while a race was loading, one of the other players was stuck so the race didn’t pass the load screen. Quit out of the game at 1910 points. Came back to the game to see I had 1544 points! I’m not sure why that reduced so much, but it’s hard enough getting close to gold only to have the points taken away without any warning. I’d like some form of explanation as to why and how this system works based on other drivers etc. I try to be fair but get penalised for “causing an accident” when I’ve locked up or worse still, been minding my own business trying to pass someone who locks up or isn’t giving fair space. It’s making it real hard to want to keep playing a game I was so looking forward to.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

@Hoo

Sounds great 👍 Really hope they are boosting the points rewards in the next patch 😎 

Little example from my last race: Finished 8th in a lobby with 16 players. But just lost 10 points or something. 

Posted (edited)

What the devs should also take into account is that more often than not you get placed in a lobby where the qualies are underway already. I just got put in a 19 player lobby with pretty good racers, 19th on the grid, raced a hell of a race and managed to finish 6th. My reward? 7 points. :classic_sad: You should def be rewarded for your finish position relative to your starting position. 

Edited by robinworldwide

Can someone explain how the point system works? Finished 5th today in a lobby with 19 players. Started at the back. Total mayhem first lap but I survived. 

I was pretty much sure that I scored some points after... it didn't. Got negative points. Not much but still negative. 😅

53 minutes ago, Slimmie1987 said:

Can someone explain how the point system works? Finished 5th today in a lobby with 19 players. Started at the back. Total mayhem first lap but I survived. 

I was pretty much sure that I scored some points after... it didn't. Got negative points. Not much but still negative. 😅

When you get above 1800 points you really want to be in 12+ player lobbies and get podiums as 4th or lower you will lose points.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

When you get above 1800 points you really want to be in 12+ player lobbies and get podiums as 4th or lower you will lose points.

Hmm that explains a lot. I'm on 1850 right now. Never been higher than 1870. So freaking hard to get 2k like this. 

Edited by Slimmie1987

On top of the bad skill rating system, which I've never had any problems with in any other game. The fact that I get a penalty in the session when accidently running in to someone who spun out, and re-entering the track in such a way that he/she blocked all of it..

So because of someone elses mistake and obviously stupid or trying to ruin it for the pack behind. I get a 3 sec penalty because of "unsportsmanlike conduct" and a almost wrecked car.. I got so furious… Also, recieving warnings for when people brake late and charge into you.

Shouldn't be to hard to at least improve it... 

2 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Does it also matter about the level at which the other racers are? For example being at 1850 if you are beating racers that are all lower than that you aren't going to get many/any points.

This is taken from the achievement guide posted on TrueAchievements https://www.trueachievements.com/a275063/pure-gold-achievement:

How the Skill System works
The skill system works on a 1v1 basis. This means you will be rated against every single driver in the lobby. 
Beating drivers with a higher rating than yours will increase yours more than beating a driver with a lower score.
Likewise, being beaten by a driver with a lower score than yours will decrease your skill rating more than by being beaten by a higher ranked driver.

Although i am not sure how accurate it is it does make sense, if all the racers in the lobby were lower than you then you pretty much have to win to gain even a few points

Posted (edited)

It does make some sense, however here's something I heard, at 1950 points someone won in a 6 player lobby and got 0 points. Is that even possible? You can't get better than 1st. I guess you don't get points for beating someone with a lower rank. But like it was said before the numbers are gonna fall off eventually and this will be impossible. I was playing 2018 just before 2019 came out and never had more than 3-4-5 players at a time, that wouldn't be enough to reach gold and you can't keep on finding and winning against higher ranked players with a small player base.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

I don't have any more nerves to play ranked matches now. I had a great run I had 1718 points and now after 2 days I'm dropped to 1535 points so I don't thing so that I will get this achievement everybody rams each other and because of this rammers I can't enjoy this game anymore. Why we cant get a points like in real F1 by positions which we finished, rating 1v1 in lobby is not fair.    

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, sorry about my terrible english but i will try my best! I have all platinum trophies since f1 2010 and this trophie maybe will break my sequence. I start few races and so far i can't have more then 1500 points 😞 some times someone push me off the track or just ran into my car on turn 1 and that ruined my race, losing 50/70 points and i have to run 10 decents races for recover for one stupid situation! so, here os my opnion about how the system should be works:
In a lobby with 12 players wich is more usual then 20 players:
1st + 20
2nd + 15
3th + 10
4th + 5
5th + 2
6th 0
7th - 2
8th - 5
9th - 10
10th - 12
11th - 15
12th - 20

Or ANY combinations of points for at least you know how much points you will be earned on each race you run, 1v1 system so far for is not the betther mechanism for this trophie!! 

I wish to all a clean races and good luck with this trophie! 

Edited by nando0402

Posted (edited)

I finally unlocked the trophy yesterday. Playing on PS4 here is what i did.

First of all you wanna make sure you don't lose any points as it is so hard to gain them. 

When you're in the game make sure you prepare the connection to the internet by double tapping the PS button:

PS Double tap>Settings>Network>Top of the list (where you can switch the internet connection on and off). Then go back to the game with the double tap.

For the following scenarios when you have to quit you'll just hit double tap and disconnect from the internet while in the race! Then you go back to the game and the main menu. If you're in the main menu you reconnect to the internet. Be as fast as possible. You should not lose any points.

Finishing 3. or better in a lobby with 8 or more players gave me positive points all the time. 

Lobby with less than 7 players>QUIT

If you don't get on the podium>QUIT

If you get too much damage >QUIT

Although i'm usually racing with no assists, i turned on traction control on medium, the abs and the race line on. As you won't get spun out that easily and you can simply brake later, what helps you in the first carnage curves of online racing. 

As you won't lose any points you can slowly build up your score. Even if you're not the most experienced racer... at some time the luck will be yours and you'll finish strong and get some points.

This thing is really a learning curve and you'll get better and better at it. 

Maybe this helps someone out.

1323487541_GoldRank.thumb.png.a3271977d351717611dd8500f6e66e28.png

Edited by xXRayakXx
  • Like 1

Just lost 300 points for Christ sake. Wasnt going any further in a loading screen. This forced me into quitting the game and restart. Unstable piece of **** game. Lost 300 points. From 1924 back to 1617. 

15 minutes ago, Slimmie1987 said:

Just lost 300 points for Christ sake. Wasnt going any further in a loading screen. This forced me into quitting the game and restart. Unstable piece of **** game. Lost 300 points. From 1924 back to 1617. 

Pretty sure I was in the lobby, froze on the grid and wouldn’t start so jumped out of the game, lost 100. It’s garbage!

17 minutes ago, ScreamLite said:

Pretty sure I was in the lobby, froze on the grid and wouldn’t start so jumped out of the game, lost 100. It’s garbage!

Yeah man. Very unstable servers or something? It's terrible. This is driving me nuts. Why don't the Devs patch this or something? I don't get it. 

Well, I finally got the trophy this morning. 

Here's the sad, pathetic truth.

1) Drop yourself down to B or C skill ratings.

2) Qualify as best as possible (no worse than fourth). Avoid the chaos in the rear.

3) Win as many races as possible (finish no lower than third).

4) Cut a corner or exceed track limits once or twice a race to keep your rating inside B or C skill.

The last race, there were 17 racers. I qualified 3rd. Had a bad start and fell to 4th. The top 3 started to battle and one of the 3 pitted for a broken wing. On the final turn of the last lap, the 2nd place driver hit the wall and was stuck. I finished 2nd and gained 15 points to reach 2003 points and unlocked the trophy.

15 hours ago, JStory17 said:

2) Qualify as best as possible (no worse than fourth). Avoid the chaos in the rear.

4) Cut a corner or exceed track limits once or twice a race to keep your rating inside B or C skill. 

Yess. This. It's almost necessary to drop to C ratings. Don't think the Devs designed it that way. But it is only chance with the small rewards you get. They have to make the rewards higher. 

But congrats man. Wish I had it all ready. Played for days with no luck. It's not that I am bad or something. But every good streak is getting destroyed by one bad race full of idiots. You can start al over again. 

And turning off your internet connection, doesn't work for me. I don't lose skill points right away. But if I quit and turn off the console, the next time when I play the game I have lost points. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, JStory17 said:

The last race, there were 17 racers. I qualified 3rd. Had a bad start and fell to 4th. The top 3 started to battle and one of the 3 pitted for a broken wing. On the final turn of the last lap, the 2nd place driver hit the wall and was stuck. I finished 2nd and gained 15 points to reach 2003 points and unlocked the trophy.

2003 points... Sounds familiar. Just hit that number haha

• Agree 1

I found C rating too hectic, B seems to be a good spot for decent size lobbies, a little bit of people taking each other out, but not too much. C rating I would see people literally slam anyone trying to overtake them.

I'm currently sitting at around 1600 points but have only gotten there by picking lobbies that might actually give me points, being silver Rank 2 there is no point in racing against a lobby full of Silver 1s, without a win you are guaranteed to lose points

However with the low number of players in the game its not easy to find lobbies of higher rated racers, this is why the system isn't viable for the future ... as less people play the higher ranked players won't gain anymore

• Agree 1