F1 2019 rb15 understeer

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

With f1 2019 im suffering from massive amounts of understeer, spent hours of adjusting the setup, and i just cant get rid of it. When i steer into a corner, for example turn 4 at austria it first turns right, then sort of skips over the front tires, after that is grips again.

That causes my fronts to overheat very quickly and cause more and more understeer. It does this with every corner.

I drive with no assists, difficulty at 100% and manual ERS.

i only drive grand prix races at the track that coming up in real life. And i only drive the RB15 as max verstappen. ( Massive fan 😉 )

Edited by WallyM76

Do you use a wheel? If so, with or without force feedback? If you change the setup, dont use minimal aero on you wings, even at tracks like Spielberg i would probably go with 5-4 or something like that. You can also change the tire warming from simulation to normal, it should also really help.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

For me so far it's the worst experience I've ever had. My car in career is extremely understeer and doesn't want to turn in or brake so I barely can make a corner or complete practice programs. These problems started in Baku, I somehow went through 3 previous races with decent results but then I only managed to complete track acclimatization 'cause the rest was almost impossible due to lack of pace. F1 2018 was way better when it comes to physics. I tried a variety of setups and it's always the same result. Instead of fun and satisfaction, there is anger and frustration. In the beginning, I thought it's because of poor car performance but now I can't drive. I use a Logitech G29.

Edited by MateLeLe120
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

There seems to be a difference in difficulty between practice,qualy and race got same thing in last years game. i adjust difficulty between sessions to compensate it by either 5+ or 5-.

Honestly using the Thrustmaster TMX i can live with the understeer, after a few races once you get used to it and the upgrades start rolling in its fine

2 hours ago, gtfclad82 said:

There seems to be a difference in difficulty between practice,qualy and race got same thing in last years game. i adjust difficulty between sessions to compensate it by either 5+ or 5-.

Yeap. It is due to rubbering. 

Since F1 2016 I've used to be very fast, last year I set my difficulty to 103 and was challenging for podium with Mclaren even when my driving was mediocre by my own standards and also was dominating in online. Now I'm driving with Alfa using difficulty 100 and I have problems with practice programs and I'm always at the back of the grid, I lose by 1,5 secs to Raikkonen in quali and would need half a second to P19. I simply can't push because it's impossible to turn into corner no matter if using Alfa in career or Merc in time trial. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, mico3097 said:

Since F1 2016 I've used to be very fast, last year I set my difficulty to 103 and was challenging for podium with Mclaren even when my driving was mediocre by my own standards and also was dominating in online. Now I'm driving with Alfa using difficulty 100 and I have problems with practice programs and I'm always at the back of the grid, I lose by 1,5 secs to Raikkonen in quali and would need half a second to P19. I simply can't push because it's impossible to turn into corner no matter if using Alfa in career or Merc in time trial. 

What setups are you using? Im doing career at Alfa too and have no real issues. Yeah the cars are more understeery this year because they (finally) removed ballast which allowed for ridiculous setups to be exploited. Your difficulty adjustment seems about right, I went from 107 in F1 2018 to 104 now, and Im generally a few tenths quicker than Kimi. 

• Agree 1

On 6/30/2019 at 1:05 PM, WallyM76 said:

Hi all,

With f1 2019 im suffering from massive amounts of understeer, spent hours of adjusting the setup, and i just cant get rid of it. When i steer into a corner, for example turn 4 at austria it first turns right, then sort of skips over the front tires, after that is grips again.

That causes my fronts to overheat very quickly and cause more and more understeer. It does this with every corner.

I drive with no assists, difficulty at 100% and manual ERS.

i only drive grand prix races at the track that coming up in real life. And i only drive the RB15 as max verstappen. ( Massive fan 😉 )

I can drive a 1/3 wing set up on most tracks but a 3/6 is a good start, its all about toe which helps you turn into a corner also try an 8/4 roll bar for tracks like austria hope this helps

• Disagree 1

Also, lower front ride height compared to rear for a bit more turn in. Don’t overdo it though 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Andrew210227 said:

Also, lower front ride height compared to rear for a bit more turn in. Don’t overdo it though 

I always do the opposite and have a higher front ride hight improves steering massively for example 5/4 on high curb tracks or a 4/3 for fast flat curb tracks like france, but it also comes down to driver style to i guess, ive tried other peoples set ups and they've been horrendous and vice versa 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I did turn off "understeer enhence" in the settings, that made it a bit better, but still, i feel f1 2019 has more understeer than f1 2018, i i cant get used to the tires yet, difficult to keep them in the window

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, WallyM76 said:

I did turn off "understeer enhence" in the settings, that made it a bit better, but still, i feel f1 2019 has more understeer than f1 2018, i i cant get used to the tires yet, difficult to keep them in the window

Yeh i turned that off too its ****, but the understeer is only down to the ballast being removed just run more down force and you’ll see the steering improve

• Disagree 1

i think the wierd "floaty" understeer feeling has something to do with diff settings, ive been fiddling with the setup on silvertsone for about 3 hours now, and i just can't get rid of the floaty understeer mid corner. it steers into the corner beautiful, exit on trottle is beautiful, but mid corner is hopeless. especially with used tires (from 25% on). so far concidering the to me horrible engine sound, im not a big fan jet. 

Posted (edited)

Hi, what is your setup in austria?

I'm not an expert in setup and driving but this setup working fine for me in Australia and Austria:

aero:

Transmission:

suspension geometry 

suspension:

Brakes:

Tyres:

i don't know if i'm doing it wrong or not but i'm in a McLaren _that has less grip and aero than RB_and i have minimum understeer, it seems you are already trying setup changes , there is no harm in testing this too ,only if your rear end break traction you can add an extra point on rear wing to this, also change brake pressure to your taste.

Good luck.

Edited by farjam1990

Ive been spending alot of hours on different tracks now, and it's the same with every track and every setup, a short moment of understeer when coming off the throttle. Because of it i just cant really push the rb15 as i like to. Now spa is coming up and i have tried multiple setups and been practicing the track for alot of hours, about 1,5 hours a day the past week. Just cant get rid of the short moment of understeer and its costing me about 2 seconds a lap i recon. My fastest lap is a 1:45.3 now no assists. With f1 2018 im in the 1:42s no problem. I emailed CM about this, probably not going to get an answer as they get alot of emails but its worth a shot. Meanwhile ill just keep pushing for a quicker time. #summerbreaksucks 😉 

Posted (edited)

Experiment with having a soft front suspension say 1 and rear of 4.

I don't run it myself but noticed in a couple of practice sessions it acted like a pendulum affect with the rear in some corners.

Also/or try front anti roll bars of say 5 and rears of 9, 10 or 11.

Perhaps try a off diff setting of 60 to 65 with on diff of 50 to 55.

Edited by SIMRACER123