Sign in to follow this  

Crash F1 2019 DIRECTX 12

i HAVE THA SAME PROBLEM AS THE OTHER GUYS HAS....MY GAME IS CRUSHING IN DIRECTX 12 ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM???PLEASE HELP ME.

You have to download the DHC version of the driver probably. You can't update it through Geforce Experience. 

That said. It doesn't work. This driver, unfortunately, gives me exactly the same crash. 

... EVERYTHING suggested on here is tried

- All overlays off

- Verified files

- Tried older Win 10 versions etc.

Doesn't work in DX12 or DX11.

Giving up soon and just have to use my old PC, with a 1080 resolution and medium details 😞

3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

If you update to the 431.18 driver, the issue is fixed.

Unfortunately it isn't for me with this driver. Same crash.

I used the 431 driver since Friday night, and I thought it solved the overlay crashes until my game crashed again last night.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, neonpa said:

Unfortunately it isn't for me with this driver. Same crash.

Then it's not the Steam overlay bug, it's another issue. Also, you should use at least 1803. Older versions of W10 are unsupported.

Edited by steviejay69

7 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Then it's not the Steam overlay bug, it's another issue. Also, you should use at least 1803. Older versions of W10 are unsupported.

Everything is updated to the max. Funnily enough only works on my old PC, with an older unsupported version af Windows.

I'm sure they will solve it best they can. I've run out of fixes to try 🙂

• Agree 1

How do you play the game in DX 12?  I believe I only have the option to load the game in DX 11.

14 minutes ago, JoshuaKM1 said:

How do you play the game in DX 12?  I believe I only have the option to load the game in DX 11.

You need W10 for DX12. Starting the game by double clicking the desktop icon defaults to DX12 as does PLAY from Steam Library.

DX11 is right-click on game title in Steam Library. 

Sometimes you get a Play DX12 (Win10 only) or Play DX11 option from Steam Library.

IDK why this occurs “sometimes” 

1 hour ago, neonpa said:

Everything is updated to the max. Funnily enough only works on my old PC, with an older unsupported version af Windows.

I'm sure they will solve it best they can. I've run out of fixes to try 🙂

Yeah mine crashes in DX12, latest AMD driver. It will play in DX11 but therein lies the bug.

Oh that makes sense @steviejay69 - so you're saying that DX12 is the default option for Windows 10 users?  I don't believe that was the case with F1 2018.

45 minutes ago, JoshuaKM1 said:

Oh that makes sense @steviejay69 - so you're saying that DX12 is the default option for Windows 10 users?  I don't believe that was the case with F1 2018.

You would be correct. DX12 was a beta opt-in for F1 2018.

Posted (edited)

Edited by chrizH
made own thread please delete

Has there been any movement on the DirectX 12 issue? The sim still crashes for me at start up. Secondly, what, if any, are the differences between playing DX11 and DX 12? Just curious as I am yet to achieve a sim session in DX12.