Sign in to follow this  

RANKED RACES - Setups not saving after Quali [ZX]

Question

I've noticed when you load a setup to use in 1-shot quali in a ranked race it will reset or change to something completely unsuitable for the race when it loads.

Has happened in over 80% of the ranked races I've done and its really annoying as its making some races far more difficult than they should be to drive.

Is this a glitch or if its meant to be this way?

Yes I am aware if you join after quali it will be under parc ferme but this is happening when you are in the whole session. 

• Agree 2

17 answers to this question

When i load my setup on quali . In the race , the setup is randomly change . This is not happening always. Sometimes yes and sometimes not

• Agree 1

You have to make sure you ready up after you applied your set up within the 30 second count down. If you don't your setup will only be on for one shot qualifying then it will default for the race. No idea why it does this! 

• Agree 1

Hi all,

I've merged a couple of threads about the same issue together. The team is investigating this now. Thanks! 

• Agree 1

The Setups Issue is also Happening on the PS4 , when Playing Online Private Leagues

• Agree 1

Okay, i believe I have found the issue causing this.

when you're in a lobby and during qualify NOBODY enters the lobby, everything will be as it is.

The moment someone enters the lobby and waits until the race, THAT's when your setup is beeing reset to standard or someone else's setup.

tested this several times now, and looks to be as i describe.

just entered a race in france, after qualy, and well... it was a wet race and i had tons of braking issues. Not weird if someone sets pressure to 100%!!! 😱 that's undoable in the wet without anti lock brakes. 

I don't understand anyhow who uses 100% brake pressure, even with ABS on but that's something else.

i got stuck with it after i joined during qualify.

so when you see people entering the lobby during qualify and they also start the race, before you start the race, check your setup. Good chance it won't be the same.

Posted (edited)

Codemasters this needs to be looked at. When set ups are being put on the cars they are disappearing or they are puttting others people's setup on your car in the lobby in qual and also when people  crash and you are watching them you end up with there setup 

Edited by pover74
Missing content

@pover74 I have moved your post into the discussion thread regarding this within the technical assistance forum. As mentioned above, the team are investigating this. Thanks. 

On 7/11/2019 at 9:46 PM, AlexTT said:

Okay, i believe I have found the issue causing this.

when you're in a lobby and during qualify NOBODY enters the lobby, everything will be as it is.

The moment someone enters the lobby and waits until the race, THAT's when your setup is beeing reset to standard or someone else's setup.

tested this several times now, and looks to be as i describe.

just entered a race in france, after qualy, and well... it was a wet race and i had tons of braking issues. Not weird if someone sets pressure to 100%!!! 😱 that's undoable in the wet without anti lock brakes. 

I don't understand anyhow who uses 100% brake pressure, even with ABS on but that's something else.

i got stuck with it after i joined during qualify.

so when you see people entering the lobby during qualify and they also start the race, before you start the race, check your setup. Good chance it won't be the same.

I've just done a league race one shot qualy.... now there was only me who turned up for the qualy or race out of 16 drivers so was driving against ghosted ai the whole qualy and race no one joined at all at any time and it still changed my setup but didn't change to default setup but my saved Italy setup with 2-2 wings it was a struggle but got there in the end ha

1 hour ago, gtfclad82 said:

I've just done a league race one shot qualy.... now there was only me who turned up for the qualy or race out of 16 drivers so was driving against ghosted ai the whole qualy and race no one joined at all at any time and it still changed my setup but didn't change to default setup but my saved Italy setup with 2-2 wings it was a struggle but got there in the end ha

Teah so ut never changed because nobody else entered the lobby?

i'm starting to notice it happening more and more, and always when people enter a lobby during qualify and wait till the race starts to join on the grid, and i think that's where all the setups get mixed up.

Posted (edited)

It did change though from my bahrain setup to my Italy one with no one in the league lobby who joined or entered the qualy or race while I raced against 16 ghosted ai.:classic_blink: @AlexTT

Edited by gtfclad82

12 hours ago, gtfclad82 said:

It did change though from my bahrain setup to my Italy one with no one in the league lobby who joined or entered the qualy or race while I raced against 16 ghosted ai.:classic_blink: @AlexTT

Okay that's strange. Haven't tested it in leagues but weird bruh!

This has still not been resolved. I have just completed a ranked race on PS4.

For one-shot qualy I was able to use my own setup, then for the race it altered to default. With no way to load a pre-saved option in the pre-race strategy selection; only to save the default setup! And 30 seconds is not enough to completely configure a setup and strategy!

Please fix this Codemasters, it seems it has slipped through the net with patch 1.05. Shame..

I will confirm this, it looks like other people's setups. Mine are easy to spot as they're basically Preset 3.