Sign in to follow this  

When will Code"masters" patch F1 2012, F1 2013 and F1 2014?

Just wondering how long it will take to fix the most common issues that are present in all 3 games...
One of the most annoying one is on ps3, sometimes after loading from quali to race, the wheel stops working completely. And needs to be unplugged and replugged to work again. 

Easy answer, never. CM is working on 2015, and all previous iterations are long since forgotten.

Yup. If Codemasters don’t fix a bug in the first three months after release, you can forget about it.
There used to be a time when devs took pride in their product :(

Clarion said:
Yup. If Codemasters don’t fix a bug in the first three months after release, you can forget about it.
we3ll wh3en you work against deadlines like here when you have to release a game every year to meet contractual obligations it does become more difficult to get everything spot on.

Clarion said:
Just wondering how long it will take to fix the most common issues that are present in all 3 games...
One of the most annoying one is on ps3, sometimes after loading from quali to race, the wheel stops working completely. And needs to be unplugged and replugged to work again.

Back to the OP so we do not get out of subject. In Short Answer. Never. Codemasters are working on the current next gen game. You can pretty much safely assume the previous titles have been abandoned. Don't know what else to call it other then simple abandonment.

Abandonment and working on the next game aren't the same thing. It's an annual game so you know before buying the chances of extended support is going to be limited.
12,13 and 14 don't have any game breaking bugs that actually are bugs anyway. 2011 is the only one with something close to a game breaker in the tyre glitch when you drive out the garage.

Abandonment and working on the next game aren't the same thing. It's an annual game so you know before buying the chances of extended support is going to be limited.
12,13 and 14 don't have any game breaking bugs that actually are bugs anyway. 2011 is the only one with something close to a game breaker in the tyre glitch when you drive out the garage.
How much time would it take to balance 2014 and remove the AI's assists? Just one day.

I just try to be realistic in expectations and try to understand the choices that are made. It's not worth my energy getting frustrated over a video game when there's much more important things in life to worry about. I don't see why having a positive opinion equates to wanting to join them though. If you have a look at some of my feedback in past threads on the game you'll see I believe there's still a lot to improve and have been critical of some choices. (Such as removal of tier changes in career mode and the inclusion of features such as scenarios and season challenge).
If they worked on 2014 for three years and it ended up the same as the game we got, then I'd understand other players frustrations.

How much time would it take to balance 2014 and remove the AI's assists? Just one day.

My guess it that they'd have to test each car over every race distance in every mode in every weather condition on every track several times while working out if it's truly balanced or not. Then they would need to see if the AI coding needs changing completely to balance out the difference it would make to their tyre wear and fuel consumption and then making sure it isn't too easy for the player to conserve tyres in comparison to the AI. Then each team needing recoding for the AI so that they can match their real life counterparts. Then there's doing all that again with a wheel instead of a pad. Hardly a one day job. And that's just things I can think of off the top of my head and I don't program games. There could well be a lot more things that need testing.

Mmpaw37 , any piece of info CM gives out or interpreted in there messages, your all over it, that's why they are quite on the forums....incase you make a mountain out of a molehill....but as a forum member, I don't understand why no info....so other members like myself read the next best thing , rumours 

mmpaw37 said:

Anyway, I have wasted enough energy trying to squeeze ANYTHING out of them, no matter how nice I ask, they're not budging...ought to know better really...worth a try I guess!

I didnt know what would come first, you stopping posting negative, repetitive comments, or F1 2015 news lol 

Well, they charge for full price all the same. As buyers, we should get a polished version or support instead of old game re-skinned.

Clarion said:
Well, they charge for full price all the same. As buyers, we should get a polished version or support instead of old game re-skinned.
it's kind of what you get with yearly release games anyway even Fifa does this for the most part you only see big differences when newer more powerful consoles are introduced as is the case now. IIt's only because of the recent upheaval at CM and the fact it's a small company has meant it's taken them longer to catch up.

Clarion said:
And as buyers we should go in full well knowing what we're buying and that, because of it being an annual game the support was always going to be lesser than that of a standalone game. No one forced us to buy the games.

Clarion said:
Do you know what will happend if they continue to work on a old game for a long time? People complain and give them shit for not releasing the next game fast enough...