Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fuel problems

Hi, 

I play F1 2019 careermode @ Renault.  Every race I start (100%) I have to safe fuel, the starting fuel is between -8.5 laps and -13.8 laps. It’s pretty annoying cause I can’t even battle for my position because I constantly need to safe fuel. 

Can anyone help me with this? 

Mick

Hi Mick, I also do Career Mode at 100%.

I always check the Race Strategy before a race, and adjust the Fuel to +1.0 - +2.0 laps. 

I'm not a fan of Fuel Saving, but yes, sometimes you've got to do it.  However I'd NEVER start a race with -8.5 laps of Fuel onboard.

Just ensure that you check, and adjust (if required), your fuel in Race Strategy before the race start (while you're sitting on the Grid).  I hope this helps.  Good luck. 

There was a bug in 18 were if u did the fuel saving or tyre wear programme I can't remember which one in practice it would calculate what you think you need for the race and under fuel the car for some reason sure it was fuel saving it did it on.

Stay in standard mix during the practice programs and this glitch shouldn't occur.

I had this glitch last year and I didn't know which practice program was causing it, so I did all but the fuel-saving program, and all in Standard Mix, and I never encountered the glitch again.

But this year to save time, I'm doing all but the race-strategy program and I still haven't encountered the glitch, which leads me to believe the problem is with going in lean or rich during the race-strategy program.

Whatever/Whichever is causing the problem, I think staying in Standard Mix will prevent it.

By the way I'm pretty sure he's talking about the glitch where the maximum fuel the game will let him carry is "-10 Laps" or so. It's not about accidentally underfueling during pre-race.

Thanks guys.   What I see on the strategy is that I cannot adjust the fuel, it’s already on 110kg and then it says like -13.8 laps lol. 

The fuel saving and ERS already run in standard revs. The race strategy I do on Rich because I thought the game might add more fuel, if I run on lean or standard the same problem occurs. 

This happened to me on F1 2018 too and I thought the game did it on purpose or something, to make it more difficult lol....

But it’s quite annoying, especially when you have to save fuel for like 75% of the race, and once I get like +1 laps I can put it on Rich and it never goes beneath +1 lap

1 hour ago, MickBronts said:

Thanks guys.   What I see on the strategy is that I cannot adjust the fuel, it’s already on 110kg and then it says like -13.8 laps lol. 

The fuel saving and ERS already run in standard revs. The race strategy I do on Rich because I thought the game might add more fuel, if I run on lean or standard the same problem occurs. 

This happened to me on F1 2018 too and I thought the game did it on purpose or something, to make it more difficult lol....

But it’s quite annoying, especially when you have to save fuel for like 75% of the race, and once I get like +1 laps I can put it on Rich and it never goes beneath +1 lap

Interesting.

I've never experienced that before (F1-2017, F1-2018), and I only play Career Mode at 100%, and I do all the Practice Sessions too.

However in Practice (Track Acclimatisation, Tyre Wear, Fuel Saving, and Race Strategy) I only ever use the Normal or Standard fuel setting. The only time that I'll use the Rich fuel setting in Practice is for Qualifying (Practice) runs only. ….and, of course, I'll use the Rich fuel setting for the actual Qualifying Session.

Maybe that's why I've never experienced this "bug" before. (???).

Edit: During Race Strategy Practice, I only use the Normal/Standard Fuel setting, never the Rich fuel setting; ...as I figure that in normal race conditions that I'll be using Normal/Standard Fuel setting for most of the race. During races I'll only briefly use the Rich fuel setting when I need a bit of extra power to pass someone, or to burn-off additional unwanted fuel (weight).

1 hour ago, MickBronts said:

I think this is the glitch from 2018 (or maybe it’s right). If you make the race strategy program and you use rich mix, you burn way to much fuel and this will be calculated for the race. 

The fuel saving program is not for calculation. It is to to drive with lift and coast. 

Hmmm, I’ll try it. Good luck me with a Renault powered car, qualified in 8th place @ France with -13.4 laps of fuel. Yikes!