DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

What is the build/test console for 2015

i have both xb1 and ps4, I will be selling one of my consoles..soon....just wondering...which console got the head start

Considering the statement from CM at the leaked mail which is " the game is working around 45-55 at PS4", I think it is probably PS4.

On paper PS4 is faster then the xbox one, but this doesn't means that every game is better on PS4.... I guess you have to wait the release and then decide.

As far as I know based on the past.... test mode builds where on the xbox. Then transported into PS and PC. Hence the graphic's issue with the PS a while back. .

You should probably keep both consoles so you can get games like Forza, I have PS3 + PS4 but I long to have Forza Motorsport 5, I mean the whole Forza franchise looks 
amazing therefore I have pre ordered and can't wait for Project CARS

I have xb1 for cod , but I do like the steering wheels on Playstation better, but the framerate sends me crazy on playstation, they always said PS3 was far better than 360, but it never, was...wondering if next gen will be the same

We don't really work that way anymore. To my knowledge we're treating all platforms equally and we've test kits for both consoles, if one was the "lead" we'd only have to spend time catching the others up. Obviously each platform has it's differences and we're doing things like making sure the rumble in the triggers works on the Xbox and the little speaker in the pad on the PlayStation does stuff but other than that they'll all be the same game.

mmpaw37 said:
We don't really work that way anymore. To my knowledge we're treating all platforms equally and we've test kits for both consoles, if one was the "lead" we'd only have to spend time catching the others up. Obviously each platform has it's differences and we're doing things like making sure the rumble in the triggers works on the Xbox and "the little speaker in the pad on the PlayStation does stuff" but other than that they'll all be the same game.

WOW!, @justbiglee...Was that a little reveal...? ;).I can only assume that's for the little 'beep' for DRS etc, am I right...?

(By the way, I own a PS4 also)

Probably for the race engineer as well. Either way I'm keeping it turned off. 

mmpaw37 said:
We don't really work that way anymore. To my knowledge we're treating all platforms equally and we've test kits for both consoles, if one was the "lead" we'd only have to spend time catching the others up. Obviously each platform has it's differences and we're doing things like making sure the rumble in the triggers works on the Xbox and "the little speaker in the pad on the PlayStation does stuff" but other than that they'll all be the same game.

WOW!, @justbiglee...Was that a little reveal...? ;).I can only assume that's for the little 'beep' for DRS etc, am I right...?

Assume nothing, wait for the facts ;)

mmpaw37 said:
mmpaw37 said:

No problem @justbiglee.

I will say this though @justbiglee, at least it's nice to see excitement building for it, which unfortunately isn't happening for 'F1 2015'...One can get very bored with all this 'ZERO' talk!

I think that Lee is doing a fabulous job when you consider the fact he isn't able to actually reveal anything about F1 2015 yet. As he's said before, he is desperate to start talking about the new game and he's hinted at some awesome new ideas for how to publicise the game, which I'm personally really looking forward to. There's been similar suggestions cropping up from lots of people which he's clearly aware of, so  it'll be great when he can start to talk about it.

Also, and you may not be aware of this as you don't post in the DiRT section, but I think he is doing a great job with the DiRT side of things too. It's been a few years now since the last DiRT game and again, he's unable to discuss the new game, but the fact he's able to keep up a lot of hype around the new DiRT game is really impressive. 

mmpaw37 said:
mmpaw37 said:
mmpaw37 said:

No problem @justbiglee.

I will say this though @justbiglee, at least it's nice to see excitement building for it, which unfortunately isn't happening for 'F1 2015'...One can get very bored with all this 'ZERO' talk!

I think that Lee is doing a fabulous job when you consider the fact he isn't able to actually reveal anything about F1 2015 yet. As he's said before, he is desperate to start talking about the new game and he's hinted at some awesome new ideas for how to publicise the game, which I'm personally really looking forward to. There's been similar suggestions cropping up from lots of people which he's clearly aware of, so  it'll be great when he can start to talk about it.

Also, and you may not be aware of this as you don't post in the DiRT section, but I think he is doing a great job with the DiRT side of things too. It's been a few years now since the last DiRT game and again, he's unable to discuss the new game, but the fact he's able to keep up a lot of hype around the new DiRT game is really impressive. 

I've been told to kerb my frustrations so...

But as a civilized forum member, I ask this if I am permitted... Q. You have stated that @justbiglee has 'ideas' to publicise the game, what does this mean exactly?

We have a few ideas ourselves, however the 'replies' always seem to include the phrase 'Soon'...

Well, firstly you started up a thread a week ago about possible live streaming as Lee bought a new device. So that could be one method. Also another member asked about dev diaries for example.

Also, he was asking for ideas a couple of weeks ago on Twitter of how people would like to see future titles publicised. In the DiRTy Gossip Thread he said this, and I'm pretty sure this plan he mentions includes some of these ideas:

'Wednesday I showed my great big new Codemasters plan to the heads of studio (last week was the heads of the company/brand) - they really like it which was awesome. Next week I'm hoping to show it to the devs then the week after actually start doing it! Woo!'

I know nothing's been confirmed but they're all possibilities.  

mmpaw37 said:

...one good star would be to create a sticky thread with upcoming news/developments.

At least we as forum members wouldn't have to scan through threads looking for any information...

In response to this, I am thinking about creating one of these Sticky/Announcement threads where I update the first post with any new information and developments on the new F1 game, once it is officially announced/unveiled. People will all be able to contribute with sources taken from blog posts, or Tweets from developers, or images/videos, and posts by developers on the forums, etc.

mmpaw37 said:

...one good star would be to create a sticky thread with upcoming news/developments.

At least we as forum members wouldn't have to scan through threads looking for any information...

In response to this, I am thinking about creating one of these Sticky/Announcement threads where I update the first post with any new information and developments on the new F1 game, once it is officially announced/unveiled. People will all be able to contribute with sources taken from blog posts, or Tweets from developers, or images/videos, and posts by developers on the forums, etc.
That is an awesome idea! Would love to see it :)