Sign in to follow this  

German GP dropped from 2015 calendar

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/headlines/2015/3/germany-dropped-from-2015-calendar.html

This sucks, I like both Nurburgring & Hockenheim, is there any chance CM could still include both tracks in F1 2015 as bonus tracks?

I think CM should pressure FOM into letting them release bonus content for the fans and not be confined to each season.  Nurburgring,  Hockenheim, Istanbul, Valencia, India, Korea, Imola, Brands Hatch, Jerez and Estoril should all be bonus tracks we can race online. We know they have them all in the database, PC modders find them in the game code.

JJRosso said:
I think CM should pressure FOM into letting them release bonus content for the fans and not be confined to each season.  Nurburgring,  Hockenheim, Istanbul, Valencia, India, Korea, Imola, Brands Hatch, Jerez and Estoril should all be bonus tracks we can race online. We know they have them all in the database, PC modders find them in the game code.
yeah but they won't necessarily be compatible with the new engine lets not forget that F1 2015 is running on a new engine when we get it. So the tracks most likely will have to be rebuilt from scratch again just as they were for F1 2010. Given we know that they've said the game has both 2014 cars as well as the 2015 machines it is possible they may include the 2014 calendar along with the 2015 one. Don't count on it though as I think it's unlikely but it is possible. 

I PM'd Hatta this question back in October. He has not responded.

And im afraid it wont be answered....
Sadly Hatta is no longer part of codemasters.

FS7 said:
http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/headlines/2015/3/germany-dropped-from-2015-calendar.html

This sucks, I like both Nurburgring & Hockenheim, is there any chance CM could still include both tracks in F1 2015 as bonus tracks?

No chance.If its not in the 2015 calendar. I can tell you for sure it wont be in the game. personally i would prefer codies to iron out and smooth out the current bugs that are currently still breaking the game even in 2014. . Don't know what the big fuzz about it is anyways..... Classic content was not such a big hit to begin with. anyways.. .  im not part of the PS4 community. But i am part of the Xbox and PC community. Barely ever saw any classic online custom races...... or sprint classic races. There was nothing special about it.... the wow factor burnt out quite quick.

It became just as dull as single player mode is today.

Personally i would love to see retried tracks and cars.... but only if done right.

Personally, I liked the idea of classic cars, but it turned out to be too complex to put them into the game. The racegrid was a mix of cars separated with almost 10 years in between them and it felt a bit wrong. Personally, I see much more potential in all content they created thus far in their games, all cars and track starting from '09 all the way to 2015, upgraded to next-gen graphics and create one big Codemasters F1 game. 

Personally, I liked the idea of classic cars, but it turned out to be too complex to put them into the game. The racegrid was a mix of cars separated with almost 10 years in between them and it felt a bit wrong. Personally, I see much more potential in all content they created thus far in their games, all cars and track starting from '09 all the way to 2015, upgraded to next-gen graphics and create one big Codemasters F1 game. 
I dont think thier licence allows that

If the game comes with the 2014 season included, then Hockenheim should be part of that.

Yeah I'm not saying they're going to include the 2014 season I was just saying it's possible they might but they aer including the cars. Besides Hockenheim will be back next year and will likely take over as sole host of the race from there anyway so there shouldn't be any further problems. It's the Nurburgring that's caused this screw up anyway not Hockenheim.

EA's F1 Challenge 99-02 had 4 seasons of F1 in one game, so multi-seasons might be possible, it depends on the terms of the license. It'd be cool though if F1 could be a service with added seasons each year, then you could start with a low-end team in 2010 (for example) and try to be winning the championship with Mercedes in 2014, rather than running the same cars and track seasons 5 times in a row.

EA's F1 Challenge 99-02 had 4 seasons of F1 in one game, so multi-seasons might be possible, it depends on the terms of the license. It'd be cool though if F1 could be a service with added seasons each year, then you could start with a low-end team in 2010 (for example) and try to be winning the championship with Mercedes in 2014, rather than running the same cars and track seasons 5 times in a row.
Having a multi-year games means tracking down the various license holders of now defunct teams i.e. HRT and BMW 

Having the tracks from previous seasons would be good enough for me, imo tracks add more replay value than cars. I also remember back in 2013 one of the developers mentioned that tracks are easier & cheaper to license than cars & drivers.

F1 2015 will have Hockenheim:

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/03/f1-2015/

Hockenheim died along with the old layout. It still makes me sick that they allowed that track to get butchered. Whatever happens game wise im sure "licencing issues" or fear of FOM retaliation will be conveniently plastered throughout these forums by Codemasters officials and fanboy alike

Hockenheim died along with the old layout. It still makes me sick that they allowed that track to get butchered. Whatever happens game wise im sure "licencing issues" or fear of FOM retaliation will be conveniently plastered throughout these forums by Codemasters officials and fanboy alike
Just read up on it (not an F1 fan outside of the games, mostly due to most races airing at like 2am) and that really sucks. 

Reminds me of when Bristol Motor Speedway decided to change the track adding progressive banking, that moved the preferred line from the bottom lane to the top lane. Making passing cars that are within about a half a second of your lap time, completely impossible. Ruining the track.

What made no sense was it was the only track, prior to the change, that consistently sold out every race. Now its a shadow of its former self, and the racing there is trash, because no one can pass unless they are much faster.

Oh dear. Just read up on it and that really sucks. Reminds me of when Bristol Motor Speedway decided to change the track adding progressive banking, that moved the preferred line from the bottom lane to the top lane. Making passing cars that are within about a half a second of your lap time, completely impossible. Ruining the track. What made no sense was it was the only track, prior to the change, that consistently sold out every race. Now it's a shadow of its former self, and the racing there is trash because no one can pass unless they are much faster.

Oh dear. Just read up on it and that really sucks. Reminds me of when Bristol Motor Speedway decided to change the track adding progressive banking, that moved the preferred line from the bottom lane to the top lane. Making passing cars that are within about a half a second of your lap time, completely impossible. Ruining the track. What made no sense was it was the only track, prior to the change, that consistently sold out every race. Now it's a shadow of its former self, and the racing there is trash because no one can pass unless they are much faster.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m0nVspbf4vo

No DRS, no plastic regulations, screaming V10's through the forest. RIP Hockenheim you'll forever remain in our hearts

mmpaw37 said:

???
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m0nVspbf4vo

No DRS, no plastic regulations, screaming V10's through the forest. RIP Hockenheim you'll forever remain in our hearts

I think he screwed up the quote.

And nice... I am not much on the concept of DRS either. I think they should do away with that, and parc ferme, and allow some adjustments during the race like nascar. That way the race isn't decided in qualifying more often than not. Would make it a lot more interesting IMO. That way if someone is a little too loose in the corners, they aren't just screwed for the race.